BY BENEFIT COSMETICS #2 in Mascara

It’s A Roller For Lashes! The Eye-opening Hook ‘n’ Roll™ Brush Grabs, Separates, Lifts And Curls…while The Instant Curve-setting Formula Holds For 12 Hours. Contains Provitamin B5 And Serin, Ingredients Known For Their Lash-conditioning Benefits. Available In Two Stunning Shades, Original Ink Black Or Brown.

Satin Finish
Water-resistant & Easy To Remove
87% Said It Gives Long-lasting Curl*

Aqua (Water), Paraffin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Polybutene, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Algin, Serine, Bht. [+/-: Ci 19140 (Yellow 5, Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 77007 (Ultramarines), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Ci 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), Ci 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)]. N° 08408/A

• Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Curling Mascara how is this...9 Answers
  • I see so many youtubers use this as their go-to mascara, ...95 Answers
  • This mascara looks different how does this work?5 Answers
Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Curling Mascara
  • "This mascara is very expensive, but if i were going to splurge on a mascara I'd go for this one. It does a great job of lengthening and curling my lashes and is very light weight. I love it!" in 1874 reviews
  • "I received a sample of Benefit Roller Lash in my February 2015 TopBox. I was a little skeptical of the claims for this product. I do have to share that I totally love how it coats and separates my lashes - Very Impressed. Lots of great volume and a little bit of curl. I still like to use a lash curler with this mascara and layer it with my Clinique High Impact Mascara - although lots of chicks say they don't need a lash curler with it. Personal preference I guess! But I am definitely buying a full size when it comes out for purchase in March! Not sure where it is going to come in price wise when available - but am thinking around $28-$34 per tube Canadian. Well worth trying!" in 1698 reviews
  • "I got this in my BirchBox this February. I love it. Definitely lengthens my eye lashes. It's very expensive though." in 1257 reviews
  • "This is the bomb.. First of all i have very straight and short eyelashes, the kind that you have to curl more than twice. Well with this mascara I was surprised after 2 coats my eyelashes were visibly longer and CURLED without an eyelash curler. Take this on the go is the best... No need to carry an eyelash curler" in 612 reviews
  • "Best mascara ever it does everything it says it is going to do makes a natural curl, very black, and does not smudge or clump off during the day." in 3 reviews
Shannon S.
Review for: Ink Black more...
I have been using Benefit’s eyebrow pencil for a while which I love so when the Sephora associate highly recommended this mascara to me I figured I’d love it as well. She went on and on about how much she loved it and told me she had been using if for years. She applied some to my short eye lashes and it gave them an amazing natural look which is exactly what I was looking for. This mascara is not waterproof so I knew it wouldn’t stay on if I went swimming or maybe if I was really sweaty but this didn’t bother me because I don’t wear makeup at the beach. She told me she never had an issue with it staying on so I was sold.

I’m sure you’re wondering why I gave this one star after all of this raving!

I walked home from Sephora (about a 15 minute walk) in 70 degree weather. I was not sweating at all. I got home and saw myself in my hallway mirror and it was all over my face. I washed it off and gave it a second chance the next day because I really loved how it looked at first. I was running late to work so I waited until I got there to apply my makeup. My building is air conditioned so I figured I wouldn’t have an issue with it staying on. I was slightly embarrassed when I went to the bathroom 2 hours later and once again it was all over my face.

I returned it the next day and went back to the mascara I had been using before. I would not recommend this product at all.
Breanna R.
Astoria, NY
If you see me wearing mascara, there is a 98% chance I have Benefit’s Roller Lash on. It is definitely one of the better products out there on this market and one I constantly repurchase. I first picked this up during one of Ulta’s beauty sales and I have not been able to live without this in my collection (yes, it was at the suggestion of a influencer). That’s right, when I got an eye infection (my contact broke in my eye – I know –RUDE), this was one of the two mascaras I re-purchased right away. I say that’s not crazy, its dedication. Am I right?

**THE HONEST T** Why do I keep using this – It’s easy to use and it preforms like a dream. It easily defines your lashes and gives you that extra volume we all look for without the clumping. The wand is extremely unique, with short, rubbery bristles. This gives the wand the flexibility it needs to give you the length without transferring to your eyelid or under eye (we have all been there and it’s FRUSTRATING). I have never experienced flaking and I never re-apply, unless I am just need to do it for the extra security. It lasts me a 12-14 hour day, and I am NOT mad about it.

**I USE IT** in a specific way. I love the Roller Lash for my bottom lashes – either in it’s a full or travel size tube. I have sensitive eyes and often do my makeup on the move (on the train, in the car, etc). I never have issues with applying Roller Lash to my bottom lashes and I prefer it over any other mascaras. Any time I cheat, use My Tarte favorite, I get transfer and always mark up my under eye. It’s never worth it!

I love this for my top lashes mixed with other mascaras, on more laid-back relaxing days, and when using falsies. This is the first mascara that has a wand and formula that works well with every other mascara I use (as in for mixing). It will stop clumping from other products and stick all day to my falsies. Can we say it? This is a miracle product.

**OVERALL** I highly recommend this product… I don’t even give this high of rating to the mascaras I use most often on my top lashes. I think it’s versatility, usability, and uniqueness makes this a must have for all daily and event-only beauty users. The travel size is only $12 and if you use other mascaras in your collection, this will last you.

WHO IS THIS GIRL – My name is Breanna, or “Bee”, and I blog my experiences as a chronic pain suffer who uses makeup as a coping mechanism (#makeupismywig) on social media. Check me out for some “subway blending” as I test products I apply while riding the subway to work on my Instagram (BeeLynnNYC).
bre V.
I am a little mixed on my review of this product because I absolutely love the formula but simply wanted a more comprehensive 3-1 mascara. The formula is great in that it applies easily and does not Clump at all. It is completely waterproof and does not flake at all which was my absolute favorite thing about this mascara. So many Brands claim to not flake or rub off, but the benefit rollerball mascara really does not at all! This is perfect for me because I have a terrible habit of picking at my eyelashes when I'm tired. This stuff stays put and does not wipe off on your hands or even with washing unless using a makeup remover. The brush is also awesome in the sense that it applies the product evenly and does not old excess product. It is also thin enough that you can apply mascara to your lower lashes and inner corner of your eyes really easily without worrying about poking yourself or getting mascara on your face or in your eye. My only complaint about this product is that while it lengthens and separates the lashes, it does not give your lashes a fuller or more voluminous look at all. Each Lash is separated well and lengthened a little but there are definitely better mascaras forgiving you a more dramatic, length & volume effect.
Schree R.
Mechanicsville
Review for: Ink Black more...
I am NOT a false eyelash person and I pretty much have tried every mascara ever made to include Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara, Lancôme Définicils High Definition Mascara, Younique Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes+, Thrive Causemetics Liquid Lash Extensions Mascara™, and tarte mascara Lights, Camera, Lashes!, Black 1 ea to name a few. NONE have worked as well as this one! I am getting older so my lashes have become brittle, short, and thin. I will say that the Younique worked well, but it was a long process and the fibers constantly fell onto my face throughout the day. The Thrive also worked great, but destroyed the lashes I have left when taking it off. Anyway, I finally found the holy grail of mascaras. I can easily get away with one coat, but always apply two unless I’m in a hurry. My lashes look full and long, and leave me with absolutely NO CLUMPS. I would recommend switching to this to anyone that has tried any of the mascaras I listed above. DEFINITELY will repurchase over and over!
Trami B.
richmond
Purchased at: ULTA
Review for: Ink Black, Other more...
I want this mascara sometimes I use it but it’s not my favorite it doesn’t give me Volume I need it just give me links but it doesn’t give me like super tall lashes either which I like and my favorite part is the dog brush for the mas volume I need it just give me links but it doesn’t give me like super tall lashes either which I like and my favorite part is The wand for the mascara I love it it helps you separate your your eyelashes and I really love that
Bethany C.
Fort Worth, TX
I got this mascara in the cutest Benefit vending machine at an airport. It really is a great mascara and applied like a dream. Is super great if you have hard to curl lashes. There is two negatives though. Number one is that the formula seems to never dry completely, it’s so bizarre. It stays damp. Which is why I won’t buy it again. Another reason is that Maybelline Lash Sennsational is almost an exact dupe and actually dries.
Ramya D.
Cincinnati, OH
I was quite skeptical when I first saw that Benefit would be releasing a new mascara just for the fact that I knew finding a honest review towards the product would be difficult to come by. "They're Real" has been given 'holy grail' status by beauty gurus and bloggers with very little justification as to why. That product is quite heavy on the lashes, does not retain a curl, causes clumpiness, and is a hassle to remove. However, this product is different. The Brush Benefit's Roller Lash has a unique brush that is designed with an inward curve, making it a breeze to apply to the curl of lashes. The brush also contains different sized bristles which are great for separating and preventing clumping on the lashes. I personally found the brush to be one of the highlights of this product. The Formula The formula has a wet texture to it and applies extremely black to the lashes. In my makeup routine I prefer to only use one mascara, which is often waterproof, just to save time and my lashes upon removal. Roller Lash is water resistant meaning that it will hold up against moisture to an extent, which it definitely does. I found the formula to be a tad bit heavy but was still able to retain some sort of curl created with my lash curler. I did not experience any noticeable lengthening but bear in mind my lashes are already quite long. While to brush is designed to stop clumpy lashes the product sort of causes it to occur because it is so wet and dries fast, making it difficult to remedy. I like how dark the formula is as it really makes my eyelashes stand out. The formula is also much easier to remove compared to "They're Real" meaning you will not lose half your eyelashes in the process. Overall I would say the formula could be improved to prevent the lashes from being weighed down and clumped up. The Longevity I found Roller Lash to hold up well for up to eight hours without smudging or the fading. Some mascaras I find begin to fade around the six to seven hour mark, which is not so for Roller Lash. My lashes held their colour for the entire without any indication of fading. I also did not undergo any sort smudging on my brow bone, which I find sometimes happens with mascaras. I quite liked Roller Lash overall but I do not believe it will be awarded 'holy grail' status in my makeup collection anytime soon. My suggestion is to seek out the deluxe sample before purchasing the product just to test it out on your lashes. Some lashes will benefit (hah, no pun intended) more from this mascara than others. My lashes are already quite long so this product weighed them down somewhat, so I feel those with shorter lashes will experience a more positive resul
Val x.
Review for: Ink Black more...
For years I believed that all mascaras were basically the same, nothing special, just did something basic. And then I tried Benefit's "They're Real". It was great, the best thing I had ever tried. BUT, while I've got long lashes, they aren't curly at all. Then Benefit came out with Roller Lash and it's even better than They're Real! It helps give a slight curl in addition to darkening and thickening your lashes. I was so pumped and am hooked. Never going to find a mascara this good anywhere else.
Helen C.
I absolutely love Benefit mascaras because they work so well. I am not a fan of spidery looking, clumpy lashes simply because I don't think it suits my eyes and my lashes are quite long but lack volume, so piling on that much mascara would seem very unnatural, but this mascara separates my lashes so beautifully. And for someone who's lashes naturally go straight down, it holds curls well
Lisa P.
Boone, IA
Purchased at: Sephora
This mascara has quickly become a favorite of mine. I’m super picky when it comes to mascara because my lashes are pretty hard to work with because they’re so short, but this mascara has such a thin wand that it makes applying it super easy!! I also love that the wand is plastic (rubberized) so it doesn’t clump all the product on it. This makes my lashes look so full and voluminous 🙌🏻
Patricia T.
I see so many youtubers use this as their go-to mascara, and I just want to know if it's really worth all the hype?
Chloe F.
British Columbia
Is it worth the price tag compared to a drugstore. I already have fairly thick lashes so I want something that doesn't clump but makes them longer
Marianne G.
Doral, FL
This product has a really good reviews ! Compare with the better than sex mascara , which want do you prefer ?
Ruby O.
How do you get a free sample of this one? Really want to try!
Gaby R.
I have Been looking for a new mascara because i just ran out of my favorite mascara. I wanted to try a new mascara but I'm scared of getting a mascara that clumps or doesn't lift my lashes because there too short. Does anyone know if this mascara makes your lashes clump or doesn't lift them?