BY BENEFIT COSMETICS #3 in Mascara

It’s A Roller For Lashes! The Eye-opening Hook ‘n’ Roll™ Brush Grabs, Separates, Lifts And Curls…while The Instant Curve-setting Formula Holds For 12 Hours. Contains Provitamin B5 And Serin, Ingredients Known For Their Lash-conditioning Benefits. Available In Two Stunning Shades, Original Ink Black Or Brown.

Satin Finish
Water-resistant & Easy To Remove
87% Said It Gives Long-lasting Curl*

Aqua (Water), Paraffin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Polybutene, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Algin, Serine, Bht. [+/-: Ci 19140 (Yellow 5, Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 77007 (Ultramarines), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Ci 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), Ci 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)]. N° 08408/A

• Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Curling Mascara how is this...7 Answers
  • This mascara looks different how does this work?2 Answers
  • I see so many youtubers use this as their go-to mascara, ...92 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • "This mascara is very expensive, but if i were going to splurge on a mascara I'd go for this one. It does a great job of lengthening and curling my lashes and is very light weight. I love it!" in 1874 reviews
  • "I received a sample of Benefit Roller Lash in my February 2015 TopBox. I was a little skeptical of the claims for this product. I do have to share that I totally love how it coats and separates my lashes - Very Impressed. Lots of great volume and a little bit of curl. I still like to use a lash curler with this mascara and layer it with my Clinique High Impact Mascara - although lots of chicks say they don't need a lash curler with it. Personal preference I guess! But I am definitely buying a full size when it comes out for purchase in March! Not sure where it is going to come in price wise when available - but am thinking around $28-$34 per tube Canadian. Well worth trying!" in 1698 reviews
  • "I got this in my BirchBox this February. I love it. Definitely lengthens my eye lashes. It's very expensive though." in 1257 reviews
  • "This is the bomb.. First of all i have very straight and short eyelashes, the kind that you have to curl more than twice. Well with this mascara I was surprised after 2 coats my eyelashes were visibly longer and CURLED without an eyelash curler. Take this on the go is the best... No need to carry an eyelash curler" in 612 reviews
  • "Best mascara ever it does everything it says it is going to do makes a natural curl, very black, and does not smudge or clump off during the day." in 3 reviews
Alicia H.
Review for: Ink Black more...
Benefit's Roller Lash is my holy grail mascara! I had been on the search for a mascara that worked well enough for me to wear to my job, which requires me to be incredibly hands-on, active, and sweaty. I struggled to find mascara that would not budge even on my hardest work days.

I picked up Roller Lash after looking up reviews and doing research about different mascaras. While the price for a full-sized bottle can be a little daunting at $24.00, it was well worth the money. The color scheme is a beautiful black and salmon, and the packaging itself gives off that 50s or 60s flair. The wand is thin and perfect for getting the lower lashes without catching your skin with the product. There are many bristles made of pink rubber, which really helps separate and define each lash rather than clumping them all together.

The mascara itself is not too thin, but not too gooey either. It coats the lashes well and evenly, and it defines each lash. It lifts my eyelashes and curls with little effort on my part. It does an incredible job at staying on my lashes, and I did not experience it running on my face despite sweating, crying, or being in the rain. I can wear this from 8am until 10pm, and this mascara has not budged.

This is a mascara that I would highly recommend if you want a product that lasts all day and will define your lashes beautifully. I'm close to running out, so it's just about time to buy a new bottle!
Breanna R.
If you see me wearing mascara, there is a 98% chance I have Benefit’s Roller Lash on. It is definitely one of the better products out there on this market and one I constantly repurchase. I first picked this up during one of Ulta’s beauty sales and I have not been able to live without this in my collection (yes, it was at the suggestion of a influencer). That’s right, when I got an eye infection (my contact broke in my eye – I know –RUDE), this was one of the two mascaras I re-purchased right away. I say that’s not crazy, its dedication. Am I right?

**THE HONEST T** Why do I keep using this – It’s easy to use and it preforms like a dream. It easily defines your lashes and gives you that extra volume we all look for without the clumping. The wand is extremely unique, with short, rubbery bristles. This gives the wand the flexibility it needs to give you the length without transferring to your eyelid or under eye (we have all been there and it’s FRUSTRATING). I have never experienced flaking and I never re-apply, unless I am just need to do it for the extra security. It lasts me a 12-14 hour day, and I am NOT mad about it.

**I USE IT** in a specific way. I love the Roller Lash for my bottom lashes – either in it’s a full or travel size tube. I have sensitive eyes and often do my makeup on the move (on the train, in the car, etc). I never have issues with applying Roller Lash to my bottom lashes and I prefer it over any other mascaras. Any time I cheat, use My Tarte favorite, I get transfer and always mark up my under eye. It’s never worth it!

I love this for my top lashes mixed with other mascaras, on more laid-back relaxing days, and when using falsies. This is the first mascara that has a wand and formula that works well with every other mascara I use (as in for mixing). It will stop clumping from other products and stick all day to my falsies. Can we say it? This is a miracle product.

**OVERALL** I highly recommend this product… I don’t even give this high of rating to the mascaras I use most often on my top lashes. I think it’s versatility, usability, and uniqueness makes this a must have for all daily and event-only beauty users. The travel size is only $12 and if you use other mascaras in your collection, this will last you.

WHO IS THIS GIRL – My name is Breanna, or “Bee”, and I blog my experiences as a chronic pain suffer who uses makeup as a coping mechanism (#makeupismywig) on social media. Check me out for some “subway blending” as I test products I apply while riding the subway to work on my Instagram (BeeLynnNYC).
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
I honestly didn't think I'd like this mascara. I don't like most things that are super hyped up because they usually don't deliver.
But I did want the dandelion blush and this little guy was in the set so of course I tried it.
Now to be honest I wasn't blown away but with all the really bad high end mascara out there that I've tried this one is definitely one I'd use.
I have yet to find that holy grail mascara. I have 2 or 3 I use for layering to get the huge lashed look that I really want and I've added this to that rotation of 2 (now 3).
On its own it seperates the lashes super well and gets them pretty dark. It also adds a bit of volume and length but not too much of either. It doesn't clump and the color is super black. Its super easy to coat the front and back lashes as well as the sides and the little hairs on top and bottom.
The unique thing about this mascara that would make it worth it to purchase is that it has a really unique curved brush with soft but firm bristles that separate and coat the lash completely while the brush gives a ton of curl.
With this I can use my Burberry bold for volume and my Stila huge extreme for lash (but can get clumpy) and then lightly use roller lash to remove any lashes that are stuck to each other from each other and curl the big, bold lashes I've just made with my boldest mascara. Then I use this on my bottom lashes because it has a ton of precision.
With this brush its super easy to just push upwards on the bottom lashes from the ends of the lashes upwards to curl them and darken them without making them look to long and spidery like a 1960s Tammy Fay Baker wannabe.
Overall I recommend this for those who have regular to long lashes. If you have short lashes I would keep looking for something that gives more length than this.
Ashley K.
If I could only apply one makeup product for the rest of my life it would hands-down easily be mascara. It is the one thing I cannot leave the house without. In the past, I never had issues using basic drug store brands until I moved to New Mexico and everything started to get dry and flake. I have tried a few other "it" mascaras and the first few applications look great and then about a week or so in they all began to flake just like the cheaper versions. Some even flaked while applying and the tube was less than a month old. I saw this mascara used in a YouTube tutorial and decided to give it a try, and I am so happy I did! This is the first mascara I have used in almost 2 years that hasn't left flakes all over my face by the end of the day.  My lashes stay soft but the mascara does not smudge or clump. I usually apply two coats on the top and one on the bottom. I feel like it really does curl and lift my lashes as advertised. The wand is nice and evenly coats all my lashes. I also don't feel like it takes half the product out of the tube with it like some do. I will keep using this and recommending it to all that are looking for a new mascara!! Hopefully they don't change the formula anytime soon.
Ramya D.
Cincinnati, OH
I was quite skeptical when I first saw that Benefit would be releasing a new mascara just for the fact that I knew finding a honest review towards the product would be difficult to come by. "They're Real" has been given 'holy grail' status by beauty gurus and bloggers with very little justification as to why. That product is quite heavy on the lashes, does not retain a curl, causes clumpiness, and is a hassle to remove. However, this product is different. The Brush Benefit's Roller Lash has a unique brush that is designed with an inward curve, making it a breeze to apply to the curl of lashes. The brush also contains different sized bristles which are great for separating and preventing clumping on the lashes. I personally found the brush to be one of the highlights of this product. The Formula The formula has a wet texture to it and applies extremely black to the lashes. In my makeup routine I prefer to only use one mascara, which is often waterproof, just to save time and my lashes upon removal. Roller Lash is water resistant meaning that it will hold up against moisture to an extent, which it definitely does. I found the formula to be a tad bit heavy but was still able to retain some sort of curl created with my lash curler. I did not experience any noticeable lengthening but bear in mind my lashes are already quite long. While to brush is designed to stop clumpy lashes the product sort of causes it to occur because it is so wet and dries fast, making it difficult to remedy. I like how dark the formula is as it really makes my eyelashes stand out. The formula is also much easier to remove compared to "They're Real" meaning you will not lose half your eyelashes in the process. Overall I would say the formula could be improved to prevent the lashes from being weighed down and clumped up. The Longevity I found Roller Lash to hold up well for up to eight hours without smudging or the fading. Some mascaras I find begin to fade around the six to seven hour mark, which is not so for Roller Lash. My lashes held their colour for the entire without any indication of fading. I also did not undergo any sort smudging on my brow bone, which I find sometimes happens with mascaras. I quite liked Roller Lash overall but I do not believe it will be awarded 'holy grail' status in my makeup collection anytime soon. My suggestion is to seek out the deluxe sample before purchasing the product just to test it out on your lashes. Some lashes will benefit (hah, no pun intended) more from this mascara than others. My lashes are already quite long so this product weighed them down somewhat, so I feel those with shorter lashes will experience a more positive resul
nicole s.
miami
Roller lash by benefit has been my religion since the moment I first used it. I had tried benefits other mascaras which i loved too but roller lash is definitely my favorite and I have to buy a new one at Sephora about every 3 months because I use it so often. Once I curled one of my eyes and not the other and proceeded to put this mascara on both and it literally had the same effect. While wearing this mascara I get compliments on my eyelashes all the time and I’ve even been told that it’s like i’m flirting every time i blink. I recommend this mascara to my friends all the time, I just wish it was a little cheaper but it’s still a good price for the quality. It’s pretty water resistant and separates lashes very well while lengthening, curling, and thickening them without the issue of clumping. I have long eyelashes but they’re blonde and soft and flat without mascara so roller lash works perfectly for me.
Christine L.
Review for: Ink Black more...
I really really liked this mascara but I had one problem that kind of turned me off and that was that it runs (which may just because of my combo skin). I end up looking like a racoon after a few hours which makes me really sad because I LOVE everything else about it!!

It does exactly what it says- lengthens & curls!! I would say that it lengthens more than it keeps a curl but I seriously love how my lashes look! One other thing that I really like is that I have had no problems with clumping- 2 layers and my lashes still look like individual lashes, just longer & curlier!

Overall, I love it! Just wish it didn't run on me but that's just my personal experience. I have heard and seen many reviews from people that have had no problems with it so just maybe keep your skin type in mind when you consider it!

Amanda C.
Southbury, CT
I kept seeing all of these YouTube beauty guru's reccomend this mascara so I HAD to try it! I went to Sephora and hit up the Benefit section & was totally in love with the packaging too, which totally had some influence on me purchasing it. (Anyone that says packaging doesn't matter is totally telling a lie! Lol!) I loved how the wand separated my lashes and also gave them a curl that no other mascara ever has. I can use Benefit Rollerlash without curling my lashes ...... Which is a mega bonus because I CANT STAND having to curl my lashes! Another bonus is that I don't get any of those little black flakes throughout the day falling in my eyes or onto my cheeks/face. When I wash my face at night, I use a drugstore face wash/makeup remover lotion, (Neutrogena® Neutrogena® Naturals Fresh Cleansing + Makeup Remover) , and I have no problem taking it off.
Mo K.
Nyack , NY
Overall, this is a really good mascara! I definitely see what the hype is all about. I really enjoy the applicator, as it is plastic and the product does not come out goopy on it. I also like that it is curved because it grabs my lashes really well and helps separate them perfectly. It is also thin, so I can use it on my bottom lashes without having to worry about it touching my under eye area.

When it comes to mascara, I definitely look for ones that lengthen over ones that add volume. Sometimes ones that add volume can be clumpy and I rather just have really long lashes than voluminous ones. This is a GREAT lengthening mascara. They look natural; my lashes are never weighed down with product or look clumpy. I definitely attribute this to the applicator. This might be one of my favorite mascara wands ever. It also does not flake off!

The one downside I had with this mascara was that it smudged onto my brow bone. However, it only did this once throughout the day, so maybe there was some excess product on the tip of my lashes that smudged off. After this it did not smudge again all day.

Despite the price, the  Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Curling Mascara is great and I definitely recommend trying it out!
Shannon B.
Ocala
Review for: Ink Black more...
Ok.. I have to say that this is the Holy Grail of mascara’s. Being 39 years old my lashes just aren’t what they used to be and I have been seriously contemplating getting Latisse to help bring some life back to them. By chance I purchased this at Sephora on a whim and could not be happier. I went from the look of almost no lashes to beautiful, plump, dark, long, curled lashes. It is truly unbelievable and I love that the mascara does not flake or smudge but yet comes off very nicely with cleanser. This is a product I will make sure I am never without. Below is a Photo I took with one eye having the mascara on and one Eye without any mascara.
Patricia T.
I see so many youtubers use this as their go-to mascara, and I just want to know if it's really worth all the hype?
Chloe F.
British Columbia
Is it worth the price tag compared to a drugstore. I already have fairly thick lashes so I want something that doesn't clump but makes them longer
Marianne G.
This product has a really good reviews ! Compare with the better than sex mascara , which want do you prefer ?
Ruby O.
How do you get a free sample of this one? Really want to try!
Gaby R.
I have Been looking for a new mascara because i just ran out of my favorite mascara. I wanted to try a new mascara but I'm scared of getting a mascara that clumps or doesn't lift my lashes because there too short. Does anyone know if this mascara makes your lashes clump or doesn't lift them?