BY BENEFIT COSMETICS #6 in Mascara

What it is:
A mascara inspired by hair rollers, this super-curling and lifting mascara gives a sexy, wide-eyed look. Its patent-pending Hook ‘n’ Roll™ brush features tiny custom-designed hooks to catch, lift, and curl even short and straight lashes.

What it does:
Bye-bye, eyelash curler! Roller Lash not only lifts and super-curls, but this instant curve-setting formula holds for 12 hours, is easy to remove, and contains provitamin B5 and serine, known for their lash-conditioning benefits.

Research results:
In a consumer panel survey of 31 women for 4 weeks:
- 97% said it visibly lifts lashes
- 87% said it gives long-lasting curl
- 94% said eyes look more wide open

Beauty Tip:
For super curl and length, apply Roller Lash first to curl and lift your lashes. Then layer They’re Real! lengthening mascara on top.

• Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Curling & Lifting Mascara how is th...3 Answers
  • I see so many youtubers use this as their go-to mascara, and I ju...83 Answers
  • How do you get a free sample of this one? Really want to try! 26 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "Best mascara ever it does everything it says it is going to do makes a natural curl, very black, and does not smudge or clump off during the day." in 3 reviews
  • "really good mascara." in 1 review
  • "For a high end mascara this is not my favorite if you have straight, medium length lashes." in 1 review
  • "Normally I buy from your typical drug store but I received this in my Birchbox and definitely glad I got to try it out to find out that it is worth the buy!" in 1 review
  • "I feel like it really helped to separate them and give them length." in 1 review
Influenster M.
Influenster M.
Tengo un tamaño de muestra de lujo de este anuncio la primera vez que usé este fue un lío total cuz que no estaba acostumbrado a su tipo de pincel que parpadearía y lo tendría todo bajo mi ojo. Pensé entonces, oh no esto no va a funcionar. Estoy tan contenta de que le di otra oportunidad y por la 3 ª vez de usarlo creo que mis ojos se un poco más de uso que yo era capaz de realmente ponerlo y me encantó! Para mí, no se agruparon mis pestañas como la mayoría de las mascaras. Me siento como si realmente ayudó a separarlos y darles longitud. Así que definitivamente va a comprar el tamaño más grande. Por no mencionar, el embalaje realmente lindo. Me encanta la fórmula y la varita para este rímel, mucho mejor que el Ellos son reales, yo no era un fan de eso. Gracias a Dios que era sólo una muestra.
La única razón por la que le doy 4 estrellas es cuz, creo que tal vez un poco intimidante, pero yo recomendaría que no lo desestime por completo la primera vez que lo intentes y no te gusta, porque sólo puede ser Que no se utilizan para ese tipo de varita como esta tiene.
Gran trabajo Benefit!
Ciara P.
Ciara P.
Bloomington, MN
I would give this a zero if it would allow me. I'm basically giving this the same review as the They're Real because it's just as bad. I was really really really excited about this mascara because anything that promises curling and lifting I'm down for. I love curled lashes and think they are SO important. I cannot stand this mascara. It does absolutely NOTHING for my lashes. It's mega, mega, mega hard to get off and I cannot tolerate that. Nobody should. Your eyelashes are precious and anything that causes you the possibility to lose one or a million of them should not be in your life. The formula is really wet and just weighs down my lashes to the point where they could not keep a curl or even attempt to be curled whatsoever. There are so many better mascaras out there and AT THE DRUGSTORE that this mascara is basically highway robbery on your wallet. I love Benefit, but I'm just super disappointed and left unimpressed with their mascaras. This mascara just makes my lashes stumpy and gross.
Nicole N.
Nicole N.
Ok so I am probably the biggest Benefit lash product fan ever... if for no other reason than I CAN NOT STAND Falsies!! The whole mess of the glue and them poking my eyes I just cant do! However I love love love the look of them! I have been the biggest fan of the Benefit They're Real for years, so when they came out with these i was so excited to try it. I proceeded to buy it on a trip to Denver, left it in the rental car, and then proceeded to buy it again when I got back to Houston. So will this give you amazing false looking beautiful lashes YES.... Is it better than They're Real??? It depends! I have fairly decent lashes to start with and I think this is just not as good as the They're real... my sister on the other hand has stubby little lashes, so short she can't ever curl them with a lash curler. This is the best stuff for her. The brush really gets up there at the base of the lashes and starts to build a nice curly set of lashes, after a few coats, she has amazing beautiful lashes!!
Tania H.
Tania H.
Winnipeg, MB
Beauty Junkie Expert
I was so pumped to get this as a Sephora 100 Point perk recently because I was dying to try it out, and ended up getting 2 in case I loved it and then I could have an extra one for travel since it was a trial sized tube. My first impression of it was pretty positive. The wand was ideal for rolling your lashes and coating the lash in more than just one area. Packaging is cute of course, and I found that it actually did what it claimed to do. However, my one downside with this product is that it doesn't fully dry. I found that 6 hrs after I applied my mascara it was still feeling unset and dried like a mascara should. I live in a humid climate but this is the first mascara that I've ever experienced that with. I didn't get fall out flakey fall out underneath my eyes, or transferring, thank goodness. I like that it's a buildable mascara and my lashes don't seem to clump up unless I accidentally touch them and then because of the product never fully drying, they will clump. Annoying
Jamie Rose S.
Jamie Rose S.
I recently received a deluxe free sample of this from Sephora through the VIB rewards and I was really surprised how much I ended up liking this because I'm usually picky about mascara. But this mascara was different from anything I've tried before, especially the curved wand, which I think was why I enjoyed this due to the fact that the curvature allowed for all of my lashes to catch the formula within the crevices. The end result was a my own set of lashes looking perfectly curled and full of volume, with little to no clumping or smudging. I usually prefer wet formulas but because benefit's rollerlash kept mascara from transferring onto my glasses, I was willing to sacrifice my usual likes for a formula like this for additional coats if needed without having to wait in between coats. This is a great mascara with a top quality formula doesn't compromise my budget at all because for as little mascara you need, it's likely to last longer than the typical drugstore brand mascara.
Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.
I recently tried out this mascara as part of a free set I got at Ulta. I had tried Benefit's They're Real! mascara not too long ago, and I really loved that, but this mascara was a little underwhelming for me. Maybe it's just me personally, but mascaras with skinny wands and short bristles don't seem to really make a statement on my lashes, and I felt that way with this. The length was good, but the volume was lacking. It didn't make my lashes stand out like Benefit's other mascara did. On the plus side, it didn't clump or make my lashes look spidery which was nice. But would I purchase this? No. I've used drugstore mascaras that are better than this, and Benefit's They're Real! has a much better wand and formula. I would recommend that mascara but not the Roller Lash. Obviously it has plenty of fans so it may be good for other people who prefer length over volume for their mascaras; probably just personal preference.
Eli (Gb2346) P.
Eli (Gb2346) P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I saw the Benefit Rollerlash at Ulta awhile back and was curious on the applicator portion of the wand. I waited until I had used up the mascara I was using at the time and then decided to test this one out. The wand applicator is a little intimidating because it's more of a rubber-type material as opposed to little bristles like every other wand I've ever seen. I applied it as I would any other mascara and it seems to work just fine that way. It does provide more of a curl to my lashes without using a lash curler.
Anything that can save me time during my morning makeup routine is definitely welcome. I like that this mascara is clump free because a couple of the ones I've used lately haven't been and it's very frustrating. Mascara is one of the very last things I put on so if it gets messed up it causes me to have to remove and re-do other makeup which tends to make me late for work.
Eman S.
Eman S.
houston, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is absolutely my favorite mascara...ever! I have tried quite a few designer and drugstore mascaras and usually lean toward the whole "drugstores have just as good mascaras" ideal. However, this mascara has changed my opinion. The curved wand applicator lets me get close to my lashes and fully coat and separate them. With one coat, you can look like you have natural and great lashes. With multiple, I've been asked before if I was wearing fake lashes. Nope, just the mascara! I don't believe in all-in-one mascaras that can separate, curl, provide volume, etc. but this one comes very close. It separates, curls a little, and lengthens quite a bit! I can be sensitive to eye products at times, but have no issues at all with this one. Also, this mascara is smudgeproof in my personal opinion. I live in a warm climate and don't have issues with it moving around.
Melodie S.
Melodie S.
Saratoga , CA
I was all about Benefit’s They’re Real! mascara. The rubber wand lengthened my lashes (without clumping) with a beautiful jet black satin finish. I was hooked. Then Roller lash came out. At first I was skeptical of its curl power, but I am now a believer 🙌🏻. Roller Lash is my go to holy grail product of the moment because it visibly lifts my lashes, lengthens them and gives them long-lasting curl without any clumping or flaking. You can’t really compare a curling mascara to a lengthening one, but for a girl like me with straight short lashes, I find Roller lash to be much for useful because its almost like They’re real! (same rubber wand) but with the added bang of curl enhancers. It’s a really great everyday product and comes off easily with a little makeup remover. So ladies, give your lash curlers a break and pick up a tube!
Amira S.
Amira S.
I love this mascara! I have tons of mascaras sitting in my makeup drawer, and this one is what I reach for most often now. I first got it as a sample from Sephora, and after I finished it I just had to get more. It's my favorite product for my lower lashes especially, because the wand is a lot thinner than most mascaras so it doesn't make a mess everywhere and it seems to catch more of the hairs easily. It's a more wearable everyday mascara that doesn't make your eyes looks too heavy or spidery, and the formula is very smooth and non-clumping. It lasts forever, sometimes I even have to put in extra work to get it off. I don't know if the price is exactly affordable, but for the quality it's not too expensive. I do love the packaging and the design of the bottle. Benefit really knocked it out of the park with this one!
Patricia T.
Patricia T.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I see so many youtubers use this as their go-to mascara, and I just want to know if it's really worth all the hype?
Chloe F.
Chloe F.
British Columbia
Is it worth the price tag compared to a drugstore. I already have fairly thick lashes so I want something that doesn't clump but makes them longer
Marianne G.
Marianne G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This product has a really good reviews ! Compare with the better than sex mascara , which want do you prefer ?
Ruby O.
Ruby O.
How do you get a free sample of this one? Really want to try!
Gaby R.
Gaby R.
I have Been looking for a new mascara because i just ran out of my favorite mascara. I wanted to try a new mascara but I'm scared of getting a mascara that clumps or doesn't lift my lashes because there too short. Does anyone know if this mascara makes your lashes clump or doesn't lift them?