BY BENEFIT COSMETICS #31 in Eye Creams & Treatments

• Who's tried this product is it worth picking up??1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
JAWNIE B.
Easley, SC
I was so excited to start using this eye cream. Benefit is my makeup brand of choice and I will try anything of theirs. I should have stayed away from the product though. I don't have sensitive skin and have never had problems using anti aging products before, but I had a lot of issues with this one. I put some around my eyes right before I went to bed and woke up the next morning with my eyes swollen shut. I had a friend take a picture of my eyes so I could look at it better later and I had a red rash and tons of swelling. Finially after a couple days of staying home trying to let my eyes heal I decided to try the product on a small area of skin. Sure enough I woke up with a rash on my wrist. I think this would be a great product for someone who has the skin to handle it, but when it says "It's Potent" I guess it really means it. My suggestion would be to try it on a spot on skin in the store and if you don't have a reaction then come back and buy it. Fortunately the store took it back but if you have anywhere to be the next day I would make sure to try it anywhere else but on your face.
Christina C.
Smyrna, TN
I got this eye cream, on the 21 days of sale at beauty. I got it half off, and was super excited to try it (A True skincare junkie, and anti aging preventive freak) so I purcshed this as soon as they opened the doors. I have now been using this now for a bout a month and a half, and honestly, it's not a horrible or bad product at all. My main issue, is the fact alcohol is one of the first ingredients, and ALOT of skincare I know has alcohol in it, but having alcohol as one of the first ingredients is a red sign, especially if you have very dry skin. I have oily, so it's not enough alcohol to dry me out. I apply twice a day, morning and night, under my eyes, by either dabbling in under my eyes with a pinky finger, and I the corner. Otherwise, for deeper absorption, I use m6 real techniques skincare roller eyeball took brush, and use the cold metal ball to massage in. Depending on the products I apply BEFORE I apply this eye cream, depends on its reaction to the other ingredients. Sometimes it causes zero hard, and actually feels good under my eyes, and helps my concealer blend even better. Other times, it slightly burns, and everything I apply over it, or with it, seems to burn even worse (sense the alcohol) all skin is different, so I'm not trying to change your mind. I'm just staying my personal opinion, and what I've seen from it.
Ashley D.
FORT WAYNE, IN
Full disclosure I work for this company, but I never let that overshadow my true feelings about a product. Benefit doesn't have a huge range of skin care but what they do have is very very good. A tiny bit goes a very long way on both eyes. It almost feels like a mix of a cream and a gel, so it's not too heavy, but your skin feels nice and moisturised after use. I have had trouble with other eye creams irritating my eyes, whether it be from the fumes or just the ingredients, and I have had neither with this. It smells like cucumbers and is it nice refreshing finish to the end of a skin care routine
Erika and Lydia P.
Rochester, NY
I not only put this product on my eyes but I tested it on a dark spot I had from God knows what, and it completely removed the spot. Along with the spot, I get dark purple under my eyes when I’m tired (90% of the time) and I noted a lightness to those too. Aside from the product I am so impressed with the packaging. Its a glass jar with a cork-looking lid. It’s a small jar but it’s so spreadable you only need a little bit. It’s water based so it’s very smooth and hydrating. Benefit Cosmetics It's Potent! Dark Circle Eye Cream
Candace H.
Diamond Bar, CA
Review for: Benefit It's Potent! Eye Cream more...
I tried this because I was loving the tartar shape tape but it was super drying. Rather than trying to find a new concealer that I love (impossible) I opted to try a better under eye moisturizer. This one is pretty good, I must say. It’s thick, but my skin absorbs it. It doesn’t just sit on the surface. I wish it was a TAD more hydrating but it’s one of the most hydrating I’ve seen. The only thing I don’t open is that the jar is so thick - so you think you’re getting more product than you are. But for the thickness of the product, I’m impressed at how well my skin absorbed it and that it didn’t just sit on the surface. I duno that I’d buy it again at $35 - but I do like it.
Alyssa S.
Brooklyn, NY
Review for: Mini more...
I loved this eye cream. It’s the first one I ever used. I felt like it really did its job but was sensitive enough to not make me break out. The one thing I didn’t like (which is true of most eye creams I’ve used) is that it comes in a pot form so I have to dip my fingers in. I just don’t feel like that’s the most sanitary way to dispense. The only reason I haven’t repurchased is because of the price, I got a travel size in a kit from benefit. It’s next on my list to repurchase though!
Izy H.
Review for: Benefit Cosmetics It's Potent! Eye Cream 0.5 oz more...
Okely dokely doo! I've used 2 of these babies, so here's my very candid review. I got my first eye cream as part of the Benefit holiday sets. This eye goo moisturizes like a dream during the spring/summer. It moisturizes, it isn't heavy, and my eye bags just drank this stuff up like coca cola on a hot sweaty summer day! I wouldn't say it helped that much with dark circles though, but I loved it because of how light weight and fast-absorbing it was. I have noticed that this is a better cream for the spring/ summer. It's a light weight product, so if you get very dry during the winter, this may not be moisturizing enough. Minus 1 star because it's not exactly a year round eye cream. Minus another star because it doesn't exactly get rid of dark circles like it touts.
Maeryn L.
Virginia Bch, VA
Review for: Benefit Cosmetics It's Potent! Eye Cream 0.5 oz more...
I received this as a gift in a set of other Benefit skincare products so I don’t know how much it costs. I really like Benefit makeup but i did not like this eye cream. I have sensitive skin and some fine lines around my eyes and sometimes some puffiness. This cream didn’t really help with any of that but it did cause some little whiteheads underneath my eyes. There is also a strong fragrance and usually you don’t want fragrance around your eyes. I will not be purchasing again.
Katherine V.
Washington, DC
Review for: Benefit Cosmetics It's Potent! Eye Cream 0.5 oz more...
Best cream for under eye bags! It is actually potent and the area under our eyes is very sensitive. A lot
of people have complained about getting a rash. I haven’t had any sort of problem. Just be careful with your eyes and try not to apply it too close to your eyes. It is kind of minty so you’ll feel a little tingle after applying it the first time. But don’t worry that is normal. It is actually what will make your under eye bags have a fuller look.
Megan S.
San Francisco, CA
Review for: Benefit It's Potent! Eye Cream more...
I’ve been using this product for years, I use it for my no makeup/on the go looks. It’s a great moisturizer that helps with tired looking eyes. It’s easy to use and light weight. I love benefit products in general and the packing is always on point! I don’t reach for this on a regular because I have SOO much product, so I like to rotate. But this product is one of their OG bestsellers for eye products.Benefit Cosmetics It's Potent! Dark Circle Eye Cream
Alesia T.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
How often do you use your ITS POTENT eye cream?
Jessica F.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
Carolina P.
Garden City, KS
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Is this product worth the price? Does it really improve the eyes?
Tonia H.