10 colors available

BY BENEFIT COSMETICS

BeneFit hydra-smooth lip color Beauty Shop by Category - Makeup

Benefit Cosmetics hydra-smooth lip color
  • "It's not really long lasting but that's probably because it's meant to be moisturizing to the lips." in 1 review
  • "The color goes on smoothly and the color selection is really nice." in 1 review
  • "I love Benefit this lip color is one of my favorite it has good color pay off and feels nice on the lips" in 1 review
olivia v.
olivia v.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I was very disappointed when the Silky Finish lipsticks were discontinued. I heard from a sales associate that some people complained that the formula didn't stay put, but one look at the reviews on the website would tell you that some people didn't WANT a formula that stays put for ages because such a formula is, by scientific necessity, drying. I bought more tubes of the Silky Finish than I can count, because it was exactly what I wanted and Benefit was the only company that offered it. They had carved out a niche for this kind of lipstick, and it had a ton of loyal fans.
Now, getting back to the Hydra-Smooth, I decided that I ought to give it a shot. My first thought was that the packaging was so ornate and over the top as to be ridiculous, but I was still hoping for a great moisturizing formula that didn't compromise on pigment. I was really disappointed. This stuff is pretty much your basic old lipstick. It dries out my lips like most lipsticks. So Benefit abandoned their niche to focus on something that you can get pretty much anyplace else -- hoping for crazy packaging to be the main draw? Sigh. I have since found Revlon Lip Butters and L'Oreal Balm, which are nowhere near as good as the old Silky Finish from Benefit, but they are now the closest thing on the market. And at least they cost only a few bucks. Sigh.
Cindy T.
Cindy T.
Westford, MA
I saw a review on YouTube and after hearing how moisturizing it was. I had to try it. It's my favorite lipstick, it's moisturizing and the color isn't dark. But it's not very long last. After I finish this one I will definitely get it again.
Esther R.
Esther R.
oak park, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
I purchased a few colors and really like them. They are smooth, hydrating and very pigmented. They last a few hours and can be easily reapplied.
Natalie B.
Natalie B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Nice 'n Teasy (rosy neutral - medium coverage)
This is a fantastic moisturizing tint! The packaging is adorable is the product applies well! I don't love the smell, it has a crayon-like scent to it. Otherwise, I love this as a go to every day lip tint. I would say that this is a little bit of a splurge item, but definitely worth having!
Robyn W.
Robyn W.
Russell spgs, Ky
I have the shade Talk Flirty. It's a really pretty mauvey-pink color. It's sheerer than I expected it to be, which I like. It doesn't stain my lips and it feels comfortable and a little moisturizing. The packaging is sort of cute, but you have to pay attention when you're putting the lid back on so you don't nick the product. I was most surprised that it smells so bad... sort of like old wax or crayons. The taste lingers, as well, but it doesn't bother me that much. I bought mine on Black Friday, so I didn't pay full price. I like it but I would never buy one at full price. Overall, it's a nice lipstick but not my favorite. I am mostly so satisfied because I happen to love the color.
Maria P.
Maria P.
Humble, TX
Amaizing ! The texture it leaves after you apply it , so soft . I really like it , I got this from a friend of mine she has too many so she gave me one . Honestly the best, I definitely recommend this for you to try !
M N.
M N.
Akron, OH
The color goes on smoothly and the color selection is really nice. It doesn't stay on very long so reapplication will be necessary. The packaging is adorable and I loved it at first but the clear caps get product all over them really easily and then just look dirty. Cleaning them out occasionally is necessary if you care about that type of thing
Giselle S.
Giselle S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have never purchased these but I do use my moms and it works so well. I will have to get some
Anna C.
Anna C.
Quincy, MA
I have this in nice n teasy and I love it! It's super moisturizing and the color is amazing. It's not really long lasting but that's probably because it's meant to be moisturizing to the lips. I wish it wasn't that glittery but it doesn't bother me that much.
saher h.
saher h.
Alexandria, VA
I love this brand its amazing. i really like this lipstick and it is very pigmented!!