Add a Photo
Photos (3)
olivia v.
olivia v.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I was very disappointed when the Silky Finish lipsticks were discontinued. I heard from a sales associate that some people complained that the formula didn't stay put, but one look at the reviews on the website would tell you that some people didn't WANT a formula that stays put for ages because such a formula is, by scientific necessity, drying. I bought more tubes of the Silky Finish than I can count, because it was exactly what I wanted and Benefit was the only company that offered it. They had carved out a niche for this kind of lipstick, and it had a ton of loyal fans.
Now, getting back to the Hydra-Smooth, I decided that I ought to give it a shot. My first thought was that the packaging was so ornate and over the top as to be ridiculous, but I was still hoping for a great moisturizing formula that didn't compromise on pigment. I was really disappointed. This stuff is pretty much your basic old lipstick. It dries out my lips like most lipsticks. So Benefit abandoned their niche to focus on something that you can get pretty much anyplace else -- hoping for crazy packaging to be the main draw? Sigh. I have since found Revlon Lip Butters and L'Oreal Balm, which are nowhere near as good as the old Silky Finish from Benefit, but they are now the closest thing on the market. And at least they cost only a few bucks. Sigh.
Cindy T.
Cindy T.
Westford, MA
I saw a review on YouTube and after hearing how moisturizing it was. I had to try it. It's my favorite lipstick, it's moisturizing and the color isn't dark. But it's not very long last. After I finish this one I will definitely get it again.
Esther R.
Esther R.
Oak Park, MI
I purchased a few colors and really like them. They are smooth, hydrating and very pigmented. They last a few hours and can be easily reapplied.
Robyn W.
Robyn W.
Russell spgs, Ky
I have the shade Talk Flirty. It's a really pretty mauvey-pink color. It's sheerer than I expected it to be, which I like. It doesn't stain my lips and it feels comfortable and a little moisturizing. The packaging is sort of cute, but you have to pay attention when you're putting the lid back on so you don't nick the product. I was most surprised that it smells so bad... sort of like old wax or crayons. The taste lingers, as well, but it doesn't bother me that much. I bought mine on Black Friday, so I didn't pay full price. I like it but I would never buy one at full price. Overall, it's a nice lipstick but not my favorite. I am mostly so satisfied because I happen to love the color.
Maria P.
Maria P.
Humble, TX
Amaizing ! The texture it leaves after you apply it , so soft . I really like it , I got this from a friend of mine she has too many so she gave me one . Honestly the best, I definitely recommend this for you to try !
Victoria T.
Victoria T.
Santee, CA
This is honestly my best and most favorite product in my bag. I use this everyday multiple times a day because it just brings out my color. Its the perfect last step! and i prefer using Benefits hydra smooth lip color over anything because of all the different colors! and Its perfectly sheer and gives my lips the perfect healthy tint! I usually coordinate the colors depending on what I'm wearing. It works out great!
Crystal N.
Crystal N.
Long Beach, CA
Love how it goes on smooth and slightly moisturizes my lips! I bought this in the color of 'wing woman' as a nude lipstick .I would definitely buy their other colors (if i had money! aha!) Only down sider is that it slightly fades, but not a huge problem for me since i don't mind.
Ami D.
Ami D.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love the packaging!!! It has such a vintage feel to it! Color pay off is nice also! Very pretty colors. Adorable!
Love love the soft kisssble color and the kissable lips!' Good lasting lip color and best conditioning for your lips
Mayra A.
Mayra A.
San Jose, CA
I love Benefit this lip color is one of my favorite it has good color pay off and feels nice on the lips