BY BENEFIT COSMETICS

BeneFit hydra-smooth lip color Beauty Shop by Category - Makeup

Benefit Cosmetics hydra-smooth lip color
  • "It's not really long lasting but that's probably because it's meant to be moisturizing to the lips." in 1 review
  • "The color goes on smoothly and the color selection is really nice." in 1 review
  • "I love Benefit this lip color is one of my favorite it has good color pay off and feels nice on the lips" in 1 review
olivia v.
olivia v.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I was very disappointed when the Silky Finish lipsticks were discontinued. I heard from a sales associate that some people complained that the formula didn't stay put, but one look at the reviews on the website would tell you that some people didn't WANT a formula that stays put for ages because such a formula is, by scientific necessity, drying. I bought more tubes of the Silky Finish than I can count, because it was exactly what I wanted and Benefit was the only company that offered it. They had carved out a niche for this kind of lipstick, and it had a ton of loyal fans.
Now, getting back to the Hydra-Smooth, I decided that I ought to give it a shot. My first thought was that the packaging was so ornate and over the top as to be ridiculous, but I was still hoping for a great moisturizing formula that didn't compromise on pigment. I was really disappointed. This stuff is pretty much your basic old lipstick. It dries out my lips like most lipsticks. So Benefit abandoned their niche to focus on something that you can get pretty much anyplace else -- hoping for crazy packaging to be the main draw? Sigh. I have since found Revlon Lip Butters and L'Oreal Balm, which are nowhere near as good as the old Silky Finish from Benefit, but they are now the closest thing on the market. And at least they cost only a few bucks. Sigh.
Cindy T.
Cindy T.
Westford, MA
I saw a review on YouTube and after hearing how moisturizing it was. I had to try it. It's my favorite lipstick, it's moisturizing and the color isn't dark. But it's not very long last. After I finish this one I will definitely get it again.
Esther R.
Esther R.
Oak park, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
I purchased a few colors and really like them. They are smooth, hydrating and very pigmented. They last a few hours and can be easily reapplied.
Christen F.
Christen F.
Manalapan, NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Tutti-Cutie (coral - sheer coverage)
Benefits always wins for the cutest look. I love the retro vibe in all their cosmetics. This sheer lip shade is perfect for the natural look. It glides on and gives you that hint of color and shine on your lips. It moisturizer rich lip color keeps your lips moisturized. I love this color for sunny summer days on the beach or a summer night.
Natalie B.
Natalie B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Nice 'n Teasy (rosy neutral - medium coverage)
This is a fantastic moisturizing tint! The packaging is adorable is the product applies well! I don't love the smell, it has a crayon-like scent to it. Otherwise, I love this as a go to every day lip tint. I would say that this is a little bit of a splurge item, but definitely worth having!
Hannah H.
Hannah H.
Havelock, NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Wing Woman (peachy neutral - medium full coverage)
I love this color!! It's so natural looking for my skin tone. It's super hydrating so I can skip the Chapstick underneath and it applies so smooth! It's medium coverage so it's not super noticeable but really makes my lips look pretty. I just wish it wasn't so expensive!
Katie B.
Katie B.
Lancaster, SC
Review for: Dare Me (true fuchsia - medium full)
I love benefits lipsticks! They go on so smooth and last for hours! This is my favorite lip color and go to on my day to day basis! It's also very moisturizing! I would definitely Recommend to a friend!
Robyn W.
Robyn W.
Russell spgs, Ky
I have the shade Talk Flirty. It's a really pretty mauvey-pink color. It's sheerer than I expected it to be, which I like. It doesn't stain my lips and it feels comfortable and a little moisturizing. The packaging is sort of cute, but you have to pay attention when you're putting the lid back on so you don't nick the product. I was most surprised that it smells so bad... sort of like old wax or crayons. The taste lingers, as well, but it doesn't bother me that much. I bought mine on Black Friday, so I didn't pay full price. I like it but I would never buy one at full price. Overall, it's a nice lipstick but not my favorite. I am mostly so satisfied because I happen to love the color.
Amanda Y.
Amanda Y.
Mcdonough, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Talk Flirty (orchid pink - medium coverage), Nice 'n Teasy (rosy neutral - medium coverage), Frisky Business (shimmering nude - medium coverage), Fling Thing (very berry - medium full coverage), Lip Service (pink-peach - sheer coverage), Juicy Details (natural pink - medium coverage), Dare Me (true fuchsia - medium full), Wing Woman (peachy neutral - medium full coverage)
I love this lip product! All the colors are amazing and transfer well onto my lips! I like how my lips feel when I wear the color and they look amazing as well.
Maria P.
Maria P.
Humble, TX
Amaizing ! The texture it leaves after you apply it , so soft . I really like it , I got this from a friend of mine she has too many so she gave me one . Honestly the best, I definitely recommend this for you to try !