Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Matte BronzerInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY BENEFIT COSMETICS #2 in Bronzer

Buy now on Sephora
and get 4.0% CASH BACK with
powered by

Dust This Award-winning Bronzing Powder Over Your Chin, Cheeks And Forehead For A Healthy, Natural-looking "Tan" Year-round. It's Pure Matte Color…no Sparkle Or Shine!

Sun-kissed Glow
Great For Contouring
Soft, Natural-bristle Brush Included

Talc, Iron Oxides (Ci77491ci77492ci77499), Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Titanium Dioxide (Ci77891), Dimethicone, Manganese Violet (Ci77742), Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Boron Nitride, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. N° 3n5276

• Hoola or Hoola Lite And Why? Benefit Cosmetics Hoo...243 Answers
  • I wish this bronzer ❤️❤️5 Answers
  • Hey everyone! Come check out my new list on makeup produc...4 Answers
Media (1908)
  • "benefit come through!!! this bronzer is my ride or die bronzer. hoola gives a matte finish and it’s great fro bronze or contouring. when trying to build it i find that it looks dirty so just use one layer and blenddddd. out of all the bronzers i’ve used, hoola is at the top of my list [product:benefit-cosmetics-hoola-matte-bronzer]" in 3648 reviews
  • "this is a great bronzer!! wouldn’t recommend it to people with fair skin. it is very orange so i would get hoola lite" in 1408 reviews
  • "I recommend this for light to medium skin tones because I don't think it's deep enough in tone to work for skin tones darker than that! " in 33 reviews
  • "I LOVE this bronzer, I don't really use it to bronze my skin, but to contour, it's really pretty color and I was having a difficult time finding something that wouldn't look to orange on my fair skin." in 17 reviews
  • "I have very light/pale skin, which makes it difficult sometimes to find a bronzer that blends well and doesn't make my face look orange." in 16 reviews
Danielle H.
Rexburg
Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Matte Bronzer

This is actually a review for the Hoola Lite Matte Bronzer. I first heard about it from Raw Beauty Kristy and I was intrigued enough to give it a shot. I’m pretty fair, so I was hesitant to try a lot of the bronzers out there. I had tried one or two, even taking precautions to use a very light touch, and still felt like they were just too dark on me. Lo and behold, along comes Kristy talking about Hoola Lite. Watching her apply it, I felt it added a good amount of dimension without darkening her face a lot. I purchased mine at Ulta.com, and honestly, I couldn’t be happier with it. I don’t use the brush it comes with, although I appreciated that they include a brush. There’s also a small mirror which isn’t an ideal size but will do in a pinch! I love love love using it for contour. It’s absolutely perfect and I will definitely repurchase.
Daniela K.
Westport
I've been hooked on Hoola since the day I tried it. Seven years later and I'm still stocking up on it like an addict. I always use it after BB or CC cream + concealer + pressed powder and before blush. If you want to go for an extra sun-kissed look, add bronzer to the top of your forehead and cheekbones – it can be a very soft contour – then swipe a pink blush on the bridge of your nose, top of your forehead, the apples of your cheeks, and a micro amount on your chin. It's a very radiant, bronzed just-got-out-of-the-sun look.

Hoola is definitely the best bronzer out there for every day use. I use a soft Ecotools brush with it. I find that after a base of color-correcting skin makeup (whether high or low coverage), Hoola bronzer helps add the natural light and color back to your face. It's very reasonable priced, and I don't ever see the need to invest in a more expensive bronzer. I get enough bang for my buck with Hoola – the product lasts for a very, very long time!
Krista S.
Lexington
I bought this product after doing some research and asking other  members their thoughts on a good bronzer. I wanted something that would look natural on my NW20/ NW25 skin and wouldn't turn me orange! Several members suggested Benefit Hoola. I decided to trust them and I'm glad I did. This bronzer delivers!!!  It is very buildable so even the fairest person could wear this. I had read that the brush that comes with it is useless, so I just threw it out. I use a stipling brush which gives me a light, even application. The bronzer is matte, so no sparkle-bomb here. It honestly looks like I spent a day out in the sun. :) It comes in a bulky little box, which is my only gripe (if there is one) about this product. A small compact minus the brush would be a lot better if I had my way. I paid $28 for this which is definitely enough, but with the little product that I need for each application, it should last forever. Definitely worth the money. I highly recommend.
Christy V.
Livermore, CA
My skintone: tan/medium

This is my favorite bronzer as of now! It is so easy to blend and the color is perfect. Whether it's summer or winter, this bronzer works great on my skin.

I usually use this bronzer on days where I'm wearing really minimal makeup because it isn't too heavy on my skin. I found that it isn't too orange on me and provides the perfect amount of a bronzed look.

I didn't like the brush that it came with, but that isn't a big deal breaker for me. I use the real techniques face brush (orange) with this bronzer when I want to contour with it.

One thing to keep in mind is that this product is pretty pigmented. If you are going to use it, remember to pat your brush to get rid of excess product.

I've been using this bronzer almost daily for quite a while and I have reached pan yet. If you're looking for a really dependable bronzer, definitely give hoola a try. I totally see the hype for this bronzer.
Noelani G.
Kissimmee, FL
This is a great drugstore bronzer. The hype is definitely real. I would give this 5 stars but it honestly has a pretty heavy price tag in my opinion. The upside is that it goes on very smoothly—no patchiness— and you can really build up how bronzed you would like to apear. At first, I wasn’t 100% impressed but then I realized how much I loved how buildable it is. It doesn’t have such a high pigmentation that you ruin your look if you accidentally go in with a heavy hand. It goes on soft and light and then you work with the product from there. Also, most famously, it has tropical coconut type scent that is just great. If you’re not a fan of scented makeup products or have a particular skin sensitivity to scented products, then you may want to pass on this. However, the scent really doesn’t linger so if you can get through it, it’s definitely worth it. It has a nice little mirror in the compact so I do appreciate that. Last thing, the applicator is comes with, as with most drugstore products is absolutely useless so I would recommend tossing it and just using a fluffy brush. It’s a solid bronzer and definitely worth a try.
Yesenia G.
New Castle, DE
I get to see why everyone makes this such worth a hype. This is a pretty nice bronzer. It lasts all day, the color scheme is not too orange and it’s perfect for my light medium skin tone. I got a sample and bought full size thinking there be a difference but it’s totally worth your buck. I highly suggest add this to your makeup collection. Although the packaging needs to be better in my opinion.
Alice K.
This bronzer is a very nice shade and the product is perfect texture on the skin I am personally bad at putting on bronzer but this product makes it easy. I also love the kinda vintage Hawaiian packaging which I think is so cute. The only reason I did not rate this product 5 stars is because the mirror inside the packaging is really hard to see because it is so tiny bit of course you can use a different mirror if you have one. Also the brush inside the bronzer kinda pricks you when you apply the bronzer but you can of course use your own brushes. This reduction is amazing if you exclude the mirror and brush but the only thing people care about is the actual product and the product is great. Also the bronzer is so cute and small you can just stick it into your pocket if you need to touch up your makeup throughout the day.
Vanessa G.
Winton
This bronzer is positively fantastic! As a Benefit aficionado and a very pale girl I had heard wonderful things about Hoola but never gotten around to trying it out. But I would never go back to another bronzer. This bronzer will look good on basically every skin tone, but mostly fair-medium (may be too pale for dark skin). It is completely and utterly matte, which I adore. Since it has zero shimmer and zero glitter unlike every other bronzer I have tried, it looks so natural. You can build it up for a darker tan or dust it on strategically for a light glowing tan (the way I prefer to wear it). Even the brush, which many people complain about, isn't even that bad. While it may not be the best size for bronzer application (an angled blush brush may be best) it isn't too rough on the skin and applies the bronzer pretty evenly. If a better brush is not available or convenient, the included brush should make an at least semi- suitable replacement. Although the included Hoola brush isn't super top quality, it isn't bad so that is why I left my rating at 5 stars instead of four.The packaging, while on the website seems sort of flimsy, is quite sturdy and shuts with a nice, almost magnetic feeling closure. The mirror on the back side of the lid, while slightly on the small side is nice when you are in a pinch and don't have one available. I would wholeheartedly recommend this product!
Nicole A.
Baltimore
This is a great matte bronzer. It doesn’t have an overly warm undertone so there’s no risk of it looking too orange on the skin. I find that works perfectly fine with lighter skin tones and all undertones. It is a bit too warm to contour with in my opinion but if you have warmer undertones it could work. It blends well with my other products, and I can use it on top of powder or just liquid foundation. The only thing I don’t like is the packaging. I know most people really like the packaging but I prefer a sturdy compact. I think it’s a good price point considering most drugstore brand bronzers I’ve tried with the exception of physicians formula butter bronzer, are much too warm/muddy/orange toned.  I own a ton of bronzers is this is definitely one that is in my regular rotation.
Lisa M.
Bristol, PA
This was actually my first bronzer once I started getting into all the new makeup that has come out. I'm 44 and all these things did not exist when I started wearing makeup as a teenager. This was recommended to me by an employee at Sephora. I have very pale skin so I have to be a bit careful with bronzer colors. I do like that this brand has some of their products in smaller sizes because I have quite a big collection of makeup and I don't necessarily always want a full size. This product performs well and looks good. It's matte not shimmery, which is what I generally look for in a bronzer.
Ariana N.
Hoola or Hoola Lite And Why? Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Matte Bronzer
Ashlee D.
Is this product good for fair skin?
Naida M.
Is this worth the money?
Lindsay S.
Lincoln, CA
Would this be okay for pale skin? Does it look natural and is it blendable? How pigmented is it? Worth the money or no?
Kaitlyn W.
Mesa, AZ
Is it worth buying? Is it a holy grail makeup item that everyone needs in their collection. I want to expand mine but I also doesn't want to spend A LOT of money to get things that aren't necessary.

back