Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Matte BronzerInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY BENEFIT COSMETICS #2 in Bronzer

Beach in a box! Dust this award-winning bronzing powder over your chin, cheeks and forehead for a healthy, natural-looking "tan" year-round. It's pure matte colour…no sparkle or shine!

• Comes in full size & mini
  • Sun-kissed glow
  • Great for contouring
  • Soft, natural-bristle brush included

• Is this product good for fair skin?72 Answers
  • Who love this bronzer ?? Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Matte Bronzer3 Answers
  • Is it worth the hype?6 Answers
Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Matte Bronzer
  • "I recommend this for light to medium skin tones because I don't think it's deep enough in tone to work for skin tones darker than that! " in 33 reviews
  • "I LOVE this bronzer, I don't really use it to bronze my skin, but to contour, it's really pretty color and I was having a difficult time finding something that wouldn't look to orange on my fair skin." in 17 reviews
  • "I have very light/pale skin, which makes it difficult sometimes to find a bronzer that blends well and doesn't make my face look orange." in 16 reviews
  • "A little goes a long way and you do have to be careful not to put too much on and of course, blend ladies and gentlemen! " in 16 reviews
  • "Love the packaging, brush is junk, coverage is a nice color, not shimmery, has a matte finish and the perfect shade." in 15 reviews
Maria Q.
Maria Q.
Review for: Natural Bronze
Me siento como este es el competidor superior Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer.

Cualquiera que me pregunte acerca de esto preguntará sobre el otro y viceversa. Yo personalmente prefiero este sobre el TF Chocolate Soleil debido al tono, versatilidad y desgaste.

Es un bronceador muy neutro, así que funciona todo el año para mí. Es un bronceador de uso múltiple, como he dicho, porque el tono es neutro, se puede utilizar para contorno y aún sería halagador porque no se ve de color naranja. Es constructible, así que si quieres una definición sutil o si quieres mejillas cinceladas que ofrecerá.
Lleva muy bien independientemente del tipo de piel, o qué tipo de producto se sienta encima de. Nunca es irregular y se puede esperar que dure el día.

No soy un fan de la caja de embalaje en cualquiera de los productos de beneficio, que pueden ser decorativos, pero son demasiado voluminosos para mi preferencia y el espejo es demasiado pequeño para ser útil para mi gusto.

Sin embargo, la calidad es maravillosa en este producto así que recomiendo altamente esto.
Norbeliss M.
Norbeliss M.
Review for: Natural Bronze
I would say that I "collect" bronzers. So when I love a product, I'll talk about it! I have the staple NARS Laguna, assorted MAC bronzers, The Balm Bahama Mama etc& I use them a ton, but once I got this, I found a new fav! It's great because (I have skin that's slightly fair w/ pink undertones) it looks so natural on my skin. There's no shimmer, and it's perfect to use when you are trying to achieve a more "natural" look vs a harsh contour (you can use to contour also). I use a big brush& apply it where I'd contour my cheeks& on my forehead& it's gorgeous. It looks so natural! It will look pretty on most skin tones. On a side note, I only wish that the pan was round vs the smaller square. I'm not a fan of a lot of these "boxed" packages. I actually prefer if co's sold their prods w/ just the tin, so you could stick it into a Zpalette etc. We'd save some $! I've been depotting all of my makeup& putting them into cases--you save a ton of room!
Loretta P.
Loretta P.
Roseville, CA
Review for: Natural Bronze
I am a makeup junkie..This is the first bronzer I have ever hit pan on!! I have about 5 different bronzer that I have bought or received in kits...but this is my favorite bronzer..I plan on repuchasing the Benefit Hoola....I do change up using my other bronzer but I find myself using this if I am going out and want to look especially good...The color is perfect and doesn't make me look orange..so many bronzer have too much of an orange color...This is a perfect color for my light-medium complesion..It doesn't have any glitter in it..It looks very natural and blends so well over mly foundation...I use it before my blush then it looks like it is just part of my skin..and makes me look like I have nice cheek bones since I have a fairly round face...I can't imagine being without this in my staple makeup even though I have so many other bronzers but I find I keep reaching for the Hoola Bronzer..I love it!!!
Lauren M.
Lauren M.
Puyallup, WA
Review for: Natural Bronze
I find benefit's hoola to be a nice bronzer, but for some reason I am not blown away. I did return to using it after not owning it for the last 8 years. I feel like this product will never really let me down. I have no complaints but I also do not have any rave review worthy thoughts on this either. It is possible that I was spoiled with finding this product early on and I do not realize how good I had it all along. In all honesty though, I recently discovered a physicians formula bronzer that I am more thrilled with the formulation than I am with the Hoola. However, in the wintertime I have very fair skin and I know that Physician's formula bronzer will not cut it for me as soon as there has been any tiny bit of sun or tanning products on my skin. When that happens I will be pulling my trusty hoola out for sure.

I hope that you found this review helpful!
Gladys N.
Gladys N.
Review for: Natural Bronze
LOVE this bronzer! It's totally worth the money in my opinion and I doubt I'll ever put my money towards any other bronzer. It's supper flattering on a fair-medium skin tones, and I have co-workers with medium-deep skin complexions that still love hoola because they are able to use it as a setting powder, which is really nice. Personally, I enjoy using hoola as a transition shade on my eyelids.

It's a very neutral bronzer, so it works all year for me. It's a multi-use bronzer, as I said because the tone is neutral, you can use this to contour and it would still flatter because it does not look orange. It is buildable, so if you want a subtle definition or if you want chiseled cheeks it will deliver.
It wears very well regardless of skin type, or what type of product it sits on top of. It's never patchy and you can expect it to last the day.
Brittany D.
Brittany D.
E Liverpool, OH
Review for: Natural Bronze
I know everybody loves this product but for some reason, I don't like it, sadly! I wanted to love it so bad and was so excited to try it. I usually use bronzers and even some contours with a bit of a red undertone, true browns or with a more grey undertone.
When I used this, for some reason, it pulled more orange on me. It was really weird. I'm used to products with reddish undertones and use peachy/coppery blushes, so I'm used to a bit of orange. But this looked crazy. I get pretty tan naturally but if I self tan, some self tanners can look orange on me. I have to look for olive undertones or purple undertones or I'll look really orange. I get very dark naturally, but this just didn't work. I tried it with different foundations and different brushes to try to see if I could make it work and it was just a major no go. So sad!
Jada T.
Jada T.
St Petersburg, PA
Review for: Natural Bronze
It is very hard for me to find bronzers that don't make me look crazy orange. I am very fair, so bronzing can be a scary thing for me. But, this bronzer is incredible. It is a matte finish and it blends so easily onto the skin. A little goes a long way, but even if you use too much, it is easy to blend out.

When I first saw it in the pan, I was scared it would be too warm on my fair skin. After applying it, I realized it was a great bronzer for my skin tone to use to warm up my face. I have gotten multiple compliments on it!

The packaging... ugh. I wish it was more compact because it doesn't fit in the normal makeup storage containers. The packaging is bulky, but the product is so great that I can look past it.

Overall, this bronzer is currently a holy grail and I will definitely repurchase in the future! Its a HIT for me!
Maria T.
Maria T.
Review for: Natural Bronze
I love the pigmentation too. The bronzing powder is not too dark, so you can bulid up the intensity of the color by applying more powder if you prefer.You can start by applying a little powder and if required use more powder for more definition and the greatest contour. So no overdoing. I don’t always choose to contour, especially with a one year old around me, so what I do is, I just swipe a very little hoola on my cheek bones and nose to give a slight definition to it. I also like to multitask with it by using the hoola bronzer as an eyeshadow either all over my lids or on my crease. Okay I do that with all bronzers, but hoola makes it look more natural. Perfect for natural looking or no make up make up. I sometimes also use it on my entire face and what it does is it gives apolished look to my face.
Kala D.
Kala D.
Review for: Natural Bronze
Love this bronzer! I wanted it for forever before I actually gave in and purchased it. It is super blendable and very pigmented. It works with my skin tone when I am super pale or when I use my self-tanner. Someone with really tan skin or dark skin would probably not love the product as much as I do....but it is a must have for us fair-skinned girls. I love that the color is very neutral, not too warm, not too ashy. My only personal complaint is that the box is super small. I purchased the full size product (there is also a mini version available) and it was so tiny that I kept thinking that I accidentally grabbed the small one by mistake, but I didn't! I just feel like you usually get a lot more product in each package with other bronzers.
Meagan W.
Meagan W.
Argyle, TX
Review for: Natural Bronze
How I have searched for years to find a bronzer that will define my cheekbones/contour without making my extremely fair complexion appear dirty. I have finally found that bronzer! I bought this from my local Sephora on a whim; I don't normally buy bronzers as I've been "burned" too many times in the past by bronzers that make it look like I rubbed dirt into my face.

I use a small contour brush to apply this under my cheekbones and then blend. This product blends well; when I'm finished you can't see the line I originally created. I also love that this bronzer is matte and not sparkly/shimmery. I use very little at a time, so this product should last for quite a while. However, when I run out, I'll consider repurchasing!
Ashlee D.
Ashlee D.
Is this product good for fair skin?
Naida M.
Naida M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this worth the money?
Lindsay S.
Lindsay S.
Lincoln, CA
Would this be okay for pale skin? Does it look natural and is it blendable? How pigmented is it? Worth the money or no?
Kaitlyn W.
Kaitlyn W.
Mesa, AZ
Is it worth buying? Is it a holy grail makeup item that everyone needs in their collection. I want to expand mine but I also doesn't want to spend A LOT of money to get things that aren't necessary.
Maria V.
Maria V.
Winston salem, NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
How good is this from 1 to 10?