BY BENEFIT COSMETICS #38 in Highlighter

Our satiny pink liquid highlighter accents cheek & brow bones for a dewy glow. Use as a spot highlighter over makeup or wear under complexion products for subtle luminescence.

• Radiant look
  • Long-lasting
  • Day or night gorgeous

• Is this liquid or cream?49 Answers
  • I’ve never seen a highlighter like this before! The applicator is...1 Answers
  • Where can i buy these here in the philippines? Or online?3 Answers
Benefit Cosmetics High Beam Highlighter
  • "This is one of my favorite highlighters I love everything about it it's the perfect highlight it goes along ways it's a gorgeous color " in 73 reviews
  • "This is absolutely perfect for highlighting cheek bones or brow bones and like everyone else says - a little goes a long way!" in 56 reviews
  • "A little goes a long way so if you find you're getting too much shimmer then it might be because you are using too much." in 56 reviews
  • "I love this highlighter and I think it's worth the price because you get a lot of product and it will last a long time because you only use a little bit." in 45 reviews
  • "It just completes a contoured blusher/bronzer look perfectly by highlighting the top of your cheekbones and it's also really good for the brow bone to highlight there." in 29 reviews
Tiffany M.
San Francisco, CA
I know that Benefit High Beam has a cult following---it's the OG of highlighters. However, it does NOT work for me.

For reference, I have light-medium, neutral-cool-but-biracial (American and Asian) skin, and wear NC25 in MAC, Medium Beige in Bare Minerals, and 020 in Chanel Lift Lumiere.

Unfortunately, despite my cool undertones, High beam is too cool for me---it's a very silvery shade of pink. AND it's too shimmery, which manages to look both too schoolgirlish AND too dated at the same time. In the old days, highlighters like High Beam give you a very *pearlescent sheen* versus the luminous lit-from-within glow you get from more recent products. The problem with looking pearlescent is it looks unnatural. The point of highlighter is for people to see the high points on your face, not your highlighter---but with High Beam, I feel like it's the pearly highlighter than is getting noticed, rather than my cheekbones.

Wear time is debatable. I have very oily skin, so if I'm doing a full face of makeup, I wear a primer, which probably extends the life a little. However, after 2-3 hours, things go belly-up, because I get oily, and everything starts to liquefy on my face and slide around. But blotting makes things worse, because it only takes the slightest pressure for me to get visible puddles of makeup in places like under the eyes or around the nose. Since High Beam sits on top of the makeup, rather than sinking in, it gets blotted off unevenly, and migrates into unflattering positions.

I don't know why people seem to love it so much---the overly silver sheen, and large shimmer particles look outdated to me. This is definitely not my cup of tea.
Lyndsay N.
Kansas City, MO
Benefit nailed it with this one! I absolutely adore my High Beam liquid highlighter. I was always too afraid to use liquid highlights, but after purchasing this, I realized my fear was unfounded. This product is super simple to use, which is great, because that means it's beginner friendly! I love the pinky-satin color of this highlight, too. Its very understated and nice for paler skin. I have seen people say not to use it over powder (so apply foundation, then high beam, then powder) because it gets all gunky and pulls off the powder, which makes sense, but I have honestly never had that problem with this product! I can apply if over my powder all day long with no problem! But, it wouldn't hurt to do it the other way, especially if you're new to makeup. This can be toned down or built up, and you can apply. a powder highlight on top of it if you want that blinding glow on your cheeks! Overall a very solid product, and I would absolutely recommend it!!
Cristal S.
I bought this highlighter because I've heard so many great reviews and I thought I should try it why not it's another item for my makeup collection. when I did buy it I was really excited and then I tried it on my hand which I know it's not the same as my face and it was beautiful very pigmented you can see like where you know the sun would hit it. its beautiful but then I put it on my face it didn't seem to blend as well as I wanted it to and i even tried a wet blender I swiped it across right across my cheek and that's kind of what bothered me the most it left a streak on my face. I even tried Wet blender and I mean while it did help took away from the product, like it wasn't as much as you wanted to see it to let you know I know a lot of people said on bare skin is probably the best I would definitely agree with that too just because you lose a lot of the product on the other makeup
Amna M.
I ABSOLUTELY love this highlighter, best ive tried. I purchased in the benefit beauty bonbons kit to try it and i don't regret it one bit. Its small but its lasted 3 months so far. I've noticed it seems to blend my makeup in better for a softer look.

I've tried powder highlighters, but they tend to look like I put powder on my face (probably b/c of my dry skin). I also tried using almond oil but not surprisingly it could lead to smearing the makeup and eventually drying back out. I only put this on the morning b/c I'm not real preoccupied with having everything perfect all the time.

It did not cause any acne, which I am also struggling with. don't know how it would be on someone with oily skin, but it doesn't feel oily to me. It's kind of expensive for the size but it lasts! I def recommend you try this, you wont go back to what you were using before
Victoria a.
The Colony, TX
I bought this because I watched one of my favorite you-tubers put it on and it looked flawless on him ! when i saw how great it looked on him i just had to try it myself so i took my little hinney to Sephora, best 26 dollars ever spent, this highlighter is amazing ! it makes you shine bright like the shiniest diamond ever but still discreet enough to where its doesn't look like you put a glob of cake on your face ! i like to use a stippling brush to put it on with because it just makes it look flawless and helps blend it out into my foundation, and its a lot of product, i bought mine about a month ago and It's still not even half way empty, a little goes a LONG way. amazing product ! worth every penny.
julia E.
Pittsburgh, PA
High Beam by Benefit Cosmetics is known as "supermodel in a bottle" because it instantly enhances your complexion with subtle luminescence. Simply apply to any desired highlight area such as cheek and brow bones for soft, dewy flush. You can wear it over your makeup or add it to your lotion for natural-looking afterglow. A tiny dab of this complexion enhancer goes a very long way and one bottle can last an entire year which offsets the products high cost. Users claim High Beam blends very well and provides a beautiful glow lasting all day; however some individuals weren't impressed with the nail polish applicator brush.
Kim D.
Rochester, NY
As a huge fan of highlighters, especially liquid, I was pretty disappointed. While this product does dry down and stay basically all day, I found it wasn't as dewy/glowy as I wanted. I found that it was almost a matte trying to be shiny by throwing in glitter. I also found it didn't blend very well, even when it was still wet. Under the right light (being very intense and not natural lighting at all) I was able to see this products potential, but in everyday lighting, or a little bit more intense than everyday, it didn't show that well. Might as well splurge a little and go for the Becca highlighter.
G G.
I got this as a sample with purchase at ulta and tested it out for the last week. The color is really nice on my super fair skin- super warm tones aren't flattering on me. This was super easy to blend with my beauty blender but I liked the way it looked better using my finger to blend. I could still see it at the end of the day on my super oily skin which was a plus! I find that cream products last longer on me, and this lasted even longer and was extra glowy when I layered a powder highlight on top. This is super expensive and I like the elf liquid highlights just as much for a tenth of the price.
Alyssa S.
Brooklyn, NY
This is the first highlighter I ever bought and it really is the only one I'll ever want. The application is so easy. The brush makes it easy to swipe a lot on or do little dots, depending the area and your preference. It is nice and opaque in a good way and reflects light in the right way. I like to apply it to the areas I want to high light, say cheek bones and let it bake in there for a minutes before I really blend it. Another thing I love about this product is how far it gets you. The price is a little high but a little bit goes such a long way that this will last you a very long time.
Maya B.
Charlotte
It's a good product, but not the best. I find it's very pricey for the quality. I'm not saying it's a bad highlighter, just not the best. I feel it only works for dry skin and looks best on fair skin tones. The price isn't too bad, just for the quality and quantity it isn't worth it. The champagne pale pink glow it gives you is very beautiful, but it drys way too quickly and will be a pain to blend out, if not with your DAMP beauty blender. If you've been eyeing it for a while, I say you should buy it, but if it's not something you're dying for, spend your money else where.
Danielle L.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Is this worth the price?
Michelle L.
Pittsburgh, PA
Is this liquid or cream?
Pavan S.
Phoenix, AZ
Beauty Junkie Expert
How many people would say that this is a repurchase product?
Lisa Marie A.
Seattle, WA
What other benefit products do you use, and which are your favorites?
Tamanna H.
ASHBURN, VA
Is this product really glittery?