Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow Volumizing Eyebrow GelInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner
3 colors available

BY BENEFIT COSMETICS #3 in Eyebrow Pencils, Gels & Powders

An award-winning, brow-volumizing fiber gel that mimics the look of real hair for fuller-looking brows. Gimme Brow's in innovative brush-on gel has tiny micro fibers that adhere to skin and hair, creating lush-looking brows where before there were none. The water-resistant, long-lasting, buildable formula locks hairs in place while conditioning with vitamin B5 and marshmallow extract. It builds easily for thick, full arches, thanks to a tapered brush for blending and a precision tip for shaping.

Research results:

In a consumer panel survey of 66 women after 1 week:

- 94% said brows looked visibly thicker

Beauty tip: Define brows with precisely, my brow pencil's ultra-fine tip, then brush Gimme Brow through hairs to tame, tint, and volumize.

• Does it help your eyebrow product last longer3 Answers
  • I have been seeing this product all over my YouTube with good revie...2 Answers
  • Does this makes your brows feel hard ?73 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Suzette G.
Suzette G.
I finally bought Benefit's gimme brow after a while of wanting it but not wanting to pay the +$20 for it. After using it and seeing the results I'm okay with having spent that much for a brow product that actually does what it says. I bought the shade medium/deep because I have naturally dark brown eyebrow hair and the guy at Sephora said this shade would work for me. One thing I didn't particularly like about this product is that it's such a tiny bottle! It's .1 oz but it does have a tiny brush that only needs a little on it to actually work and cover my entire eyebrow. This is a brow-volumizing fiber gel that applies to each hair and stays without any brow gel or anything else needed. I love the tiny brushhead, it makes it easy to brush through each hair and a little bit of the product goes a long way. The packaging comes with a little "tips and tricks" booklet to show you how easy it is to use this; Using short brush strokes like the booklet says I just hit the beginning of my brows up until I get to my arch, and lightly swipe it through to my tail. I like to use my NYX eyebrow pencil on my tail because one eyebrow is a bit shorter than the other and it just evens it out. I don't use the gimme brow on the shorter brow because there is no hair for it to stick onto...I would say this is a great product for a person that has brow hair and just wants definition;if you don't have any brow hair this is probably not the product for you. The box says this is a water resistant product which is true because even though I sweat throughout the day it does not budge;also it says it's a long-wearing product-I agree with that as well; I can put it on in the am and in the evening when I remove my makeup it's still on my brows! It also says it's natural-looking and buildable; I agree with both of these claims as well. As I said, I believe it's targeted for people with brow hair and this just helps define the brows so they look full and it is buildable. I can apply a coat onto my brows and later on the day if I want to touch up my makeup I can add more without looking weird or like I have caked on brows. If you purchase Benefit products and want to try something to help define your brows, this will not disappoint!
Michaela H.
Michaela H.
Review for: Benefit Cosmetics "Gimme Brow"
The things that are different about this product than others (including Anastasie)
1. It's ingredients are completely unique to Benefit, I compared the ingredients in this to Anastasia's brow gel and while some of their ingredients are the same, there are multiple ingredients in this that make it specifically different from other brands such as magnesium and althaea officinalis root extract.
2. ALTHAEA OFFICINALIS ROOT EXTRACT. Let's talk about it. It's been known for centuries to help hair look shinier, smoothr, and more moisturized. It also helps provide tensile strength to hair; aka lowering hair fall out and increasing the volume of hair. Not only does it does it do this, but it does it quicker; it makes hair grow faster and even has an anti breakage agent. THAT BEING SAID. It's DIFFERENT from Anastasia and other brands because it makes your brows look 3D. While brow pomades and pencils and gels are good for filling in and shaping brows, they don't help with making them look natural and with summer in full swing, the natural look is super in. If you want your brows to look more thick and volumized NATURALLY, this is the best product for it. Take it from someone who's a natural blonde with basically no eyebrows. lol
3. FIBERS. In addition to the leaf extract that helps with thickness and the coloring to help fill brows in, it also is filled with tiny microfibers that latch on to your brows when brushed into them with its wand and literally gives more hairs to your brows. I've NEVER seen another brand do this, so props to Benefit.

That being said, I try to go for cruelty free brands as much as I can but even though Benefit does participate in some animal testing, I had to review this product because it's just amazing and I haven't seen any other one like it on the market. It's slightly more expensive than the Anastasia brow gel but does what the pomade, gel, and serum do, all in one. I love this product, it's now a must in my eyebrow routine and I suggest if you have thin or sparse brows to at least give it a try. Well done, Benefit.
Michelle L.
Michelle L.
Mt Juliet, TN
Review for: Benefit Cosmetics "Gimme Brow"
Benefit and Clinique both released products this year housed in this mini mascara tube. Clinique’s product was a lower lash mascara. I like the idea of a smaller wand and more control, so I bought both products. Turns out, I have the same gripe about both of them.
The packaging stinks. The opening should be narrower to help remove excess product from the bristles of the tiny wand. In its current form, you get way more product on the wand than necessary and if you don’t wipe it off, you’ll have a splotchy application. When you do wipe-off the excess, it’s a little maddening because you are wasting product you paid for. Its not like you have a ton of product in this little tube. What makes this especially frustrating is how easily they could have fixed this with a two cent part. For shame, Benefit and Clinique.
My solution: I bought a double sided E.L.F. clear mascara. I open both the GimmieBrow and the e.l.f. clear mascara. Then, I brush the excess product from the Gimmie brow wand onto the E.L.F. clear mascara wand until the product is sheered out enough to use properly. I don’t think I should have to work this hard to get the product to work correctly.

The formulas are certainly nothing special for either of them. The Clinique is clumpy, in case you were wondering. Not a cute look for the lower lashes. The Benefit is goopy, but sheered down gives me just the extra touch of color I’m looking for. If you are trying to do a significant amount of filling in, this is not the right product. It is a finishing product and can add surprisingly natural looking little hair like lines of color to add just a bit more fullness. I still need to fill in the sparse outer corners of my eyebrows.

Once they work out this kink, it is a useful product if you like the idea of the added convenience. I like the finish GimmieBrow gives, but in protest, I don’t think I would repurchase.
Hannah M.
Hannah M.
Philadelphia, PA
Here's the thing--my eyebrows, on their own, are not sparse. I don't need to draw or paint more than I already have. If I want noticeable eyebrows, my problem is that I'm a natural blonde. My eyebrows are baby fine and pretty light. I have lots of brow, but the hairs are soft and thin. Enter Benefit Gimme Brow in the Light shade.

I am always skeptical of brow "mascara" type products, mostly because many of the shades feel very unnatural to me. If my eyebrows are too dark, I feel like a cartoon villain, minus a handlebar mustache. Gimme Brow has a small brush that works great on my fine hair. It doesn't clump or look waxy. I didn't have to wipe any excess away! It worked exactly as I hoped--I got natural looking color on my brows. They didn't look sparse, nor did they look overdone.

Suddenly, I had defined brows without a ton of work! The color stayed put all day and didn't feel crunchy. If I wear Gimme Brow and lip balm, my eyes don't look overdone. If I'm going for a dramatic bold lip, my eyebrows don't completely fade into the background of my super-fair face.

Benefit Gimme Brow is certainly worth the money and the few extra seconds it adds to a beauty routine to do your brows. Even if you hate doing your brows, this product will make it a quick process with a gorgeous result.
olivia v.
olivia v.
Review for: Benefit Cosmetics "Gimme Brow"
I have been obsessing over my brows and brow products for a while now. Although I want thick full brows I also like to keep them as natural looking as possible. I don't have much to work with (years of waxing at nail salons) so I've invested a lot of time and money into growing and grooming them properly. Many brow products today are too heavy or too light. There has never been an in-between product. I went to get my brows tweezed at a Benefit store and the girl used this product on me and I was shocked at how quickly she applied it and how full and "controlled" they looked. I was skeptical on whether I could achieve the same look at home. Well I did and I am obsessed. This product isn't too dark in reference to my light skin and it doesn't leave too much product on your brows. I also love that it attaches to the hair rather than sitting on your skin. The brush size really makes the difference in the application as well. This makes them look full but in a natural way I've never seen another product do. The best part, it takes no time at all! I finally found my brow answer! Thank you Benefit!
Alyssa S.
Alyssa S.
Brooklyn, NY
I bought this in conjunction with Benefit's brow pencil (WHICH I LOVE) and I loved this product at first. But I've had it for about 10 months now, which is much longer than it should last but I didn't wear make up for several months.
This product is good but can be much better. The shape of the brow brush is like a mini mascara brush and it is an amazing shape. The tube is tiny and allows too much product to get on the brush. So you're stuck with the only option of wasting it it by wiping it off on the side of the tube. The application goes on well but the product doesn't give the bolder tint that I want and takes a few swipes to get your brows even. But the brush is great for getting the exact right shape of brow you want.
When I combine this with Benefit's brow pencil underneath and do some final touch ups, I like the effect. But I won't purchase this again. I also have the setting gel from Benefit called speed brow, which is fine but I think it is overkill to put it over the gimme brow gel.
Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.
Review for: Benefit Cosmetics "Gimme Brow"
I received a sample of this in my Birchbox back in the beginning of June, and I'm still using it! I'm surprised the sample has lasted so long and it makes me think the full size is probably a good value and would last a really long time. I've used a couple of other cheaper drugstore brand eyebrow gels, but I can see why the Benefit one has so much hype. The spoolie brush is super soft and makes it incredibly easy to shape and color my brows. I'm not the type to spend fifteen minutes just shaping my brows, but I like using this gel because it makes it quick and easy and the results are great! If you want to go all-out on your brows you'll need to use other products with this, but if you want something basic and easy, this is good enough. A lot of people might be hesitant to buy this because of the price but as I said before I think it's worth the cost. If I've been using the sample for over a month and a half now, the full size would last a while. Definitely worth buying!
Stacey M.
Stacey M.
Fate, TX
Review for: Benefit Cosmetics "Gimme Brow"
There is a fine line between too little and too much, making the smallest sliver being 'just perfect.'
Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow is an awesome product for a natural brow and is completely build-able for something more perfectly defined and dramatic.
In typical Benefit Cosmetics fashion, the packaging is cute (compared to what I'd expect out of brow makeup.) Not as long as a mascara tube nor as small as some deluxe samples, Gimme Brow is an agreeable size with a wand also absolutely perfect for precise application. It comes fairly priced as well.
With easy application, it takes only a couple quick swipes and you have an refined, awesome natural look. Take it a step further by doubling your swipes and you've got thick, youthful looking brows. Want something perfectly lined and dramatic, use an inexpensive (or favorite) brow pencil or powder, to give a solid base.
Easily worth 5+ stars, Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow is my daily go-to for casual days and all-occasions.
Renee P.
Renee P.
Key Largo, FL
I was a regular user of the original formula. I am always hesitant when a company re-formulates a well loved product. However, I ran out of the previous version and bit the bullet and got the new one. In the new one I use color (No. 1 - which is light blonde-cool). Well, guess what? It worked amazingly well. You would not believe it! The older version in comparison was really messy and I felt like a lot was wasted with the old packaging. Back to the new formula for this review... I don't know if its just the tube or they changed the formula but it is still amazing, Even better than before. It does have a strong smell. However, the smell does fade over time (has kind of a mascara/chemical smell). Formerly in the old one I would still get get clumps on my brows, but that doesn't happen anymore. I love this stuff! I would highly recommend the new formula. Additionally the new bottles top is easy to hold and get in the details! I can't say enough good things about it.
Aneta L.
Aneta L.
I finally got my hands on this product and I really really like it. I think now that they have this formulation down, it’ll only get better from here on out. I like using Shade 1 over pencil, if I take the time to do so, because it does look a little more filled in for sparse blonde brows that way. However, I have to say that the coverage from the brow fibers and tint alone in the Benefit is phenomenal on its own. It stays all day. I really like the tiny brush. I almost wish there was a plain spoolie on one end so that I could quickly brush out any darker flecks that land in a no eyebrow-hair zone, but it doesn’t detract from the product at all. Sidenote- anyone sensitive to fragrance may want to try this at Sephora or Ulta before purchasing. It’s a rather strongly scented rose perfume that fades after 15-30 minutes. Will recommend to everyone just as I do with most Benefit products, and will absolutely repurchase.
Janelle S.
Janelle S.
Philadelphia, PA
Does this makes your brows feel hard ?
Corinne B.
Corinne B.
Madison, WI
I'm looking for my first eyebrow product and seriously considering this! (I typically just use eyeshadow to fill brows). Is this chunky? Natural looking? Easy for a newbie to use?
johanna p.
johanna p.
How does this product work alone? With natural brows. I want to try these
Sarah N.
Sarah N.
Chittenango , NY
I was wondering if this is really worth the money?! I never do anything with my brows bc I'm afraid they will look crazy! Instead of subtle
Annelore T.
Annelore T.
Is it volumizing the brow for real ?