Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow Volumizing Eyebrow GelInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

BY BENEFIT COSMETICS #5 in Eyebrow Pencils, Gels & Powders

Fuller-looking brows…NOW! Our cult-favorite gimme brow tinted eyebrow gel contains tiny microfibers that adhere to skin & hairs, creating natural-looking fullness and definition. The custom, tiny tapered brush blends easily while the precision tip shapes hairs into place. Now available in 3 shades, including a NEW MEDIUM SHADE, so every gal can brush on fuller-looking brows. Includes signature Tips & Tricks.

• Comes in full size & mini
  • Volumises, tames & tints
  • Water-resistant & long-wearing
  • 94% said brows looked visibly thicker*

*Consumer panel survey of 66 women after 1 week

Research results:

In a consumer panel survey of 66 women after 1 week:

- 94% said brows looked visibly thicker

Beauty tip: Define brows with precisely, my brow pencil's ultra-fine tip, then brush Gimme Brow through hairs to tame, tint, and volumize.

• Do you find this to work for you? I have this and it seems to add...1 Answers
  • Do you use this alone or with a second product?1 Answers
  • How long does it last?4 Answers
Michaela H.
Review for: Benefit Cosmetics "Gimme Brow"
The things that are different about this product than others (including Anastasie)
1. It's ingredients are completely unique to Benefit, I compared the ingredients in this to Anastasia's brow gel and while some of their ingredients are the same, there are multiple ingredients in this that make it specifically different from other brands such as magnesium and althaea officinalis root extract.
2. ALTHAEA OFFICINALIS ROOT EXTRACT. Let's talk about it. It's been known for centuries to help hair look shinier, smoothr, and more moisturized. It also helps provide tensile strength to hair; aka lowering hair fall out and increasing the volume of hair. Not only does it does it do this, but it does it quicker; it makes hair grow faster and even has an anti breakage agent. THAT BEING SAID. It's DIFFERENT from Anastasia and other brands because it makes your brows look 3D. While brow pomades and pencils and gels are good for filling in and shaping brows, they don't help with making them look natural and with summer in full swing, the natural look is super in. If you want your brows to look more thick and volumized NATURALLY, this is the best product for it. Take it from someone who's a natural blonde with basically no eyebrows. lol
3. FIBERS. In addition to the leaf extract that helps with thickness and the coloring to help fill brows in, it also is filled with tiny microfibers that latch on to your brows when brushed into them with its wand and literally gives more hairs to your brows. I've NEVER seen another brand do this, so props to Benefit.

That being said, I try to go for cruelty free brands as much as I can but even though Benefit does participate in some animal testing, I had to review this product because it's just amazing and I haven't seen any other one like it on the market. It's slightly more expensive than the Anastasia brow gel but does what the pomade, gel, and serum do, all in one. I love this product, it's now a must in my eyebrow routine and I suggest if you have thin or sparse brows to at least give it a try. Well done, Benefit.
olivia v.
Review for: Benefit Cosmetics "Gimme Brow"
I have been obsessing over my brows and brow products for a while now. Although I want thick full brows I also like to keep them as natural looking as possible. I don't have much to work with (years of waxing at nail salons) so I've invested a lot of time and money into growing and grooming them properly. Many brow products today are too heavy or too light. There has never been an in-between product. I went to get my brows tweezed at a Benefit store and the girl used this product on me and I was shocked at how quickly she applied it and how full and "controlled" they looked. I was skeptical on whether I could achieve the same look at home. Well I did and I am obsessed. This product isn't too dark in reference to my light skin and it doesn't leave too much product on your brows. I also love that it attaches to the hair rather than sitting on your skin. The brush size really makes the difference in the application as well. This makes them look full but in a natural way I've never seen another product do. The best part, it takes no time at all! I finally found my brow answer! Thank you Benefit!
Alyssa S.
Brooklyn, NY
I bought this in conjunction with Benefit's brow pencil (WHICH I LOVE) and I loved this product at first. But I've had it for about 10 months now, which is much longer than it should last but I didn't wear make up for several months.
This product is good but can be much better. The shape of the brow brush is like a mini mascara brush and it is an amazing shape. The tube is tiny and allows too much product to get on the brush. So you're stuck with the only option of wasting it it by wiping it off on the side of the tube. The application goes on well but the product doesn't give the bolder tint that I want and takes a few swipes to get your brows even. But the brush is great for getting the exact right shape of brow you want.
When I combine this with Benefit's brow pencil underneath and do some final touch ups, I like the effect. But I won't purchase this again. I also have the setting gel from Benefit called speed brow, which is fine but I think it is overkill to put it over the gimme brow gel.
Jennifer S.
Review for: Benefit Cosmetics "Gimme Brow"
I received a sample of this in my Birchbox back in the beginning of June, and I'm still using it! I'm surprised the sample has lasted so long and it makes me think the full size is probably a good value and would last a really long time. I've used a couple of other cheaper drugstore brand eyebrow gels, but I can see why the Benefit one has so much hype. The spoolie brush is super soft and makes it incredibly easy to shape and color my brows. I'm not the type to spend fifteen minutes just shaping my brows, but I like using this gel because it makes it quick and easy and the results are great! If you want to go all-out on your brows you'll need to use other products with this, but if you want something basic and easy, this is good enough. A lot of people might be hesitant to buy this because of the price but as I said before I think it's worth the cost. If I've been using the sample for over a month and a half now, the full size would last a while. Definitely worth buying!
Renee P.
Key Largo, FL
I was a regular user of the original formula. I am always hesitant when a company re-formulates a well loved product. However, I ran out of the previous version and bit the bullet and got the new one. In the new one I use color (No. 1 - which is light blonde-cool). Well, guess what? It worked amazingly well. You would not believe it! The older version in comparison was really messy and I felt like a lot was wasted with the old packaging. Back to the new formula for this review... I don't know if its just the tube or they changed the formula but it is still amazing, Even better than before. It does have a strong smell. However, the smell does fade over time (has kind of a mascara/chemical smell). Formerly in the old one I would still get get clumps on my brows, but that doesn't happen anymore. I love this stuff! I would highly recommend the new formula. Additionally the new bottles top is easy to hold and get in the details! I can't say enough good things about it.
Aneta L.
I finally got my hands on this product and I really really like it. I think now that they have this formulation down, it’ll only get better from here on out. I like using Shade 1 over pencil, if I take the time to do so, because it does look a little more filled in for sparse blonde brows that way. However, I have to say that the coverage from the brow fibers and tint alone in the Benefit is phenomenal on its own. It stays all day. I really like the tiny brush. I almost wish there was a plain spoolie on one end so that I could quickly brush out any darker flecks that land in a no eyebrow-hair zone, but it doesn’t detract from the product at all. Sidenote- anyone sensitive to fragrance may want to try this at Sephora or Ulta before purchasing. It’s a rather strongly scented rose perfume that fades after 15-30 minutes. Will recommend to everyone just as I do with most Benefit products, and will absolutely repurchase.
Elizabeth K.
I really like this! It's the first eyebrow gel that I've tried that has a tiny spoolie for application, which makes it much more precise than other eyebrow mascaras. I was able to touch up both brows in about a minute, and they turned out really nice. I'm an eyebrow gel type of person because my eyebrows are fairly dense, which makes it difficult to get in between the hairs with a pencil or pomade. This gel applies very quickly and looks fantastic, filling in the spaces to give me a clean "done-up" brow look. The finish is natural and neither sticky nor dry, and it doesn't come off. I tried shade #3, which matched my ash brown hair perfectly and wasn't too dark or light. I can see some people being disappointed in the fact that there's only 3 shades (which is typical of benefit face products), but it matched me very well. If you have warmer-colored brows, you may want to try another brand though.
Tina V.
Garden Grove, CA
Review for: 05 Deep
So i received this product in a recent Birchbox subscription box, and I have been using it everyday. I intend to purchase the full-size soon! My eyebrows aren't perfect, my biggest flaw is that I do not have a tail on the ends of my brows so filling them in takes the longest! I normally use anastasia dip brow in dark brown to fill my browns in and to draw in the shape and tail. The thing about the dip brow is that it can leave my inner brows looking a bit too dark (even after brushing it out with a spooly.)

I love love love using the Benefit Gimme Brow to give my brows volume a bit of color. I now pair this product in conjunction with my Anastasia dip brow and it has definitely made my eyebrows look more on point. I've also been getting a ton of compliments. I highly recommend this newly formulated product to those with brows that just need some fill ins.

P.S. The product stays on all day!
Jordan T.
Review for: 05 Deep
I'm not a huge eyebrow pencil person because I cannot quite seem to get it right plus I have pretty thick eyebrows as it is. I was looking for a product to give them a little shape that will stay throughout the day as well as just a little bit of filler without a whole lot of color. This product does just that! I'm super impressed with the consistency in the fibers that are in the product as well. Also benefit is a little pricey I do enjoy this product for sure. And for those looking for something like this but don't want to completely go in for a more expensive high-end product I suggest trying the essence make me brow. It comes in 2 colors that I know of one being more of a taupe color in the other being more of a brown color. I swap in between the two products just so I can have some variety in my collection as well.
Brianne R.
I was overzealous in tweezing the inner corner of one brow, so I bought this and L'Oreal's Brow Stylist Plumper to compare while correcting the problem. (For further comparison, also see my review of the L'Oreal Brow Stylist Plumper.)
The Gimme Brow has a slightly smaller brush, which seemed to get exactly the spot I needed to fill. The formula was also stickier in a good way, and clung to my existing brows to form a nice foundation to create missing hairs better than the L'Oreal. The resulting fill-in looked very natural and you couldn't tell where I over-tweezed. Color for color, the Gimme Brow was darker and a bit more matte.
If your brows mainly need color, L'Oreal would do the job and the Gimme Brow might even be too much. If your brows need correcting or thickening, Gimme Brow provides a better result.
Janelle S.
Philadelphia, PA
Does this makes your brows feel hard ?
Corinne B.
Madison, WI
I'm looking for my first eyebrow product and seriously considering this! (I typically just use eyeshadow to fill brows). Is this chunky? Natural looking? Easy for a newbie to use?
johanna p.
How does this product work alone? With natural brows. I want to try these
Sarah N.
Chittenango , NY
I was wondering if this is really worth the money?! I never do anything with my brows bc I'm afraid they will look crazy! Instead of subtle
Annelore T.
Is it volumizing the brow for real ?