BY BENEFIT COSMETICS #9 in Blush

Benefit’s NEW GALifornia golden pink blush is part sun, pure fun! It blends bright pink with shimmering gold, for a sunkissed glow that complements all skintones. The soft, blendable formula captures the warmth of California sunshine, while the signature scent features notes of pink grapefruit & vanilla.

• Golden pink powder blush
  • Embellished gold overspray lifts away with each use
  • Includes custom rounded blush brush and mirror

Awards:

• Seventeen Magazine Haul of Fame, Best Blush, 2017
  • O, The Oprah Magazine Spring Beauty O-Ward for Best Blush, 2017

Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Mica, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Dicalcium Phosphate, Squalane, Glycerin, Parfum (Fragrance), Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polysorbate 80, Limonene, 1,2-hexanediol, Dimethicone, Chondrus Crispus Extract, Xanthan Gum, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tin Oxide, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Lauroyl Lysine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Bht, Linalool, Citral, Geraniol, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol, Aqua (Water).

May Contain:

Ci 15850 (Red 6, Red 7, Red 7 Lake), Ci 15985 (Yellow 6, Yellow 6 Lake), Ci 19140 (Yellow 5, Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 45410 (Red 27, Red 27 Lake, Red 28 Lake), Ci 73360 (Red 30, Red 30 Lake), Ci 77007 (Ultramarines), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Ci 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), Ci 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).

Buy on Sephora*
  • "i personally really love this blush a lot. the only reason that i knocked it down one star is because it’s a little too pink for me but when i use it lightly it’s a very nice beautiful natural blush. but i highly recommend :)" in 127 reviews
Christina G.
Colorado Spgs, CO
I'll start out by saying the one and only negative thing I have to say about this blush: it's very pricey. As you can tell from my rating, not pricey enough to keep me from absolutely loving it, but pricey enough to warn consumers. It's $29 USD, which I swore I'd never pay for a blush, but that turned out to be a lie when I saw this in Ulta, swatched it, and had to have it. Long story short, it's expensive. But in my opinion, completely worth it.

As for absolutely everything else about it? Fantastic. Amazing. Wonderful. Every other word that means freaking awesome. The color is absolutely gorgeous, a bright peachy pink with a golden shift. It's got a small amount of shimmer to it, but not enough to turn it into a pink highlighter. It's super pigmented, so if you're on the pale side like me, I highly recommend using an extremely light hand or a stippling brush so you pick up less product when you dip your brush into the product. I do think it would look absolutely beautiful on every imaginable skin tone.

Even though it is rather pricey, you do get a ton of product, more than enough to last you through this spring and summer and beyond. The packaging is absolutely adorable, as well. I love anything with a hippie vibe, and this packaging just screams hippie. I've seen a few people comment on the smell, and I will say that it does have a rather strong scent if you just stick your nose into the product and smell it. It's a scent that I don't mind, personally, but I can see how it could be bothersome to some people. It's sort of like a mixture of flowers and sunscreen. I haven't noticed it lingering on my skin throughout the day, though. In fact, as far as I've been able to notice, it's gone by the time I've finished putting my makeup on. It also comes with a small brush that, even though it isn't what I typically use to apply blush, it is good for a quick sweep of color onto the cheeks. It also comes with a plastic holder for the brush that sits nicely on top of the product inside the box for sanitation purposes.
Sarah J.
Brooklyn
Benefit’s GALifornia is one of my all-time favorite powder blushes. This shade is a warm, bright golden-pink that’s reminiscent of the California sunshine. It infuses the cheeks with a sunkissed glow. GALifornia is the perfect blush for spring and summer. (I, however, will rock it all year long.) This blush is highly pigmented, so a little goes a long way. I’d recommend tapping the excess powder off your brush prior to application. I think that this shade is very universally flattering.

Also, I really love the retro packaging. It includes a mirror and tiny brush inside. I prefer to use my own blush brush, but that’s just me.

You get your money’s worth at $29 for 0.17 oz of product. I have never hit pan on a Benefit blush. There is also a travel size available for $15 for 0.08 oz of product. I recommend GALifornia to anyone who wants to glow like a golden goddess all summer long.
Rachel C.
Ionia, MI
I abaolutely love my Benefit Cosmetics Cheek Parade Bronzer & Blush Palette palette!! This is one of the colors in it and while I love it as part of the set, it’s probably the color that looks least-natural in me. To be fair, that by no means makes it a bad product! I can use this for stage makeup or when I’m going for a brighter-looking complexion, but I have to be careful with it. Others have mentioned that they don’t like how the gold is only a sheen on top, but that has not bothered me. This would be absolutely stunning on someone a few shades darker than me, I anticipate with no issues. It’s just not my personal favorite, per se.
Gina B.
I have this as part of the Benefit Blush Bar Cheek palette and really like it.  I was glad to see the gold shimmer was just an over spray and that is not the type of blush I typically go for.  The regular price for just the full size individual of this product is $29, which is a bit much for a blush.  But you go so much product per pan I don't know if I will ever finish it.  I have suggested to family and friends to try the Benefit Blush Bunch Bronze and Blush set from Ulta for a wide variety of blushes that are affordable.
Sydney C.
East Greenwich
I love this product so so much! It's a more orangey blush and is nicely pigmented. It also has a shimmery touch. I strongly recommend this product and it is fairly easy to blend. I would definitely buy this product again and the packaging is super cute!! If anyone has any questions about this wonderful product than I would be more than happy to answer them
Myranda C.
This blush has a very strong peachy-coral tone to it, which I personally love. It’s very blendable once applied to the cheeks and gives you the perfect summery glow. I purchased the travel size version of this and that’s going to last me forever! I gave this product 4 stars because it can become way too intense too fast. You only need to put your brush in the pan ONCE and that’s all. I’m personally not a fan of really pigmented blushes but if you are, this is perfect for you. I still love to use this product with a nice fluffy blush brush. I still manage to wear this product in the fall because it is so flattering. I think this would be beautiful on an array of different skin tones. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone! There’s a tiny hint of smell to the blush, which I actually really love. It’s on the perfume side but I still love this product.
Allison R.
I got this blush on a whim because I never use blush. The color is intimidating in the pan, but it doesn't go on that crazy of a coral pink color. It adds an amazing pop of color that would be flattering on almost al skin types. The formula is amazing and so blendable, plus the smell is soooo good! I am loving this product and so glad I gave it a try! Also, the packaging is adorable and you do get a cute little brush for the price.
Kristen M.
I normally don't wear or buy blushes but I knew I had to buy Galifornia as soon as I saw the cute packaging. It has a strong distinct smell when you open the container, but it is not noticeable when the blush is actually on your face. I love the the size of this blush. It is about 2-3 inches long and wide so it is perfect to take to travel. Would recommend buying this size for this reason and because a little really goes a long way so it will take a while to hit pan.
Janeigne N.
I have nothing bad to say regarding the quality, it is highly pigmented, it lasts through at least 5-6h. The highly pigmentation forces you to apply it carefully, because it is difficult to fix once it is on your make up. I am fair skin and I find it too colorful, that is why the 3 stars, I only use it in summer when I am tanned so that it enhances the summer look. My small travel size will last forever as I use it so little, therefore I cannot think I would re-buy it.
Maddie E.
Plainfield, IN
Where do I begin with this blush? First of all, the smell is just phenomenal. I wish there were a perfume with the fragrance of this. The color of this is so flattering and gives a glow to my skin. It's not too orange and not too red. This product is perfect. Love the packaging. If you're thinking about getting this I would say that you absolutely need it.
Kim K.
Where can you get this in the UK? As there isn't a Sephora over here... :(
Erin P.
London, ON
How much is this stuff and where can I get it? Does it last a long time usually? I love the packing!
Denisse C.
Heredia
I would love to taste that blush
Deborah V.
Kissimmee, FL
Can it be used as. Highlighter?
Jessica Q.
Welland, ON
Best for what skin tone?? And is it worth it?