BY BENEFIT COSMETICS #17 in Blush

Benefit’s NEW GALifornia golden pink blush is part sun, pure fun! It blends bright pink with shimmering gold, for a sunkissed glow that complements all skintones. The soft, blendable formula captures the warmth of California sunshine, while the signature scent features notes of pink grapefruit & vanilla.

• Golden pink powder blush
  • Embellished gold overspray lifts away with each use
  • Includes custom rounded blush brush and mirror

Awards:

• Seventeen Magazine Haul of Fame, Best Blush, 2017
  • O, The Oprah Magazine Spring Beauty O-Ward for Best Blush, 2017

Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Mica, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Dicalcium Phosphate, Squalane, Glycerin, Parfum (Fragrance), Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polysorbate 80, Limonene, 1,2-hexanediol, Dimethicone, Chondrus Crispus Extract, Xanthan Gum, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tin Oxide, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Lauroyl Lysine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Bht, Linalool, Citral, Geraniol, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol, Aqua (Water).

May Contain:

Ci 15850 (Red 6, Red 7, Red 7 Lake), Ci 15985 (Yellow 6, Yellow 6 Lake), Ci 19140 (Yellow 5, Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 45410 (Red 27, Red 27 Lake, Red 28 Lake), Ci 73360 (Red 30, Red 30 Lake), Ci 77007 (Ultramarines), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Ci 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), Ci 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).

• Is this worth the money?6 Answers
  • This blush makes me happy. From the packaging, to the sta...1 Answers
  • Is this blush pigmented? Also is it good for some one who...2 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "i personally really love this blush a lot. the only reason that i knocked it down one star is because it’s a little too pink for me but when i use it lightly it’s a very nice beautiful natural blush. but i highly recommend :)" in 127 reviews
Christina G.
Colorado Spgs, CO
I'll start out by saying the one and only negative thing I have to say about this blush: it's very pricey. As you can tell from my rating, not pricey enough to keep me from absolutely loving it, but pricey enough to warn consumers. It's $29 USD, which I swore I'd never pay for a blush, but that turned out to be a lie when I saw this in Ulta, swatched it, and had to have it. Long story short, it's expensive. But in my opinion, completely worth it.

As for absolutely everything else about it? Fantastic. Amazing. Wonderful. Every other word that means freaking awesome. The color is absolutely gorgeous, a bright peachy pink with a golden shift. It's got a small amount of shimmer to it, but not enough to turn it into a pink highlighter. It's super pigmented, so if you're on the pale side like me, I highly recommend using an extremely light hand or a stippling brush so you pick up less product when you dip your brush into the product. I do think it would look absolutely beautiful on every imaginable skin tone.

Even though it is rather pricey, you do get a ton of product, more than enough to last you through this spring and summer and beyond. The packaging is absolutely adorable, as well. I love anything with a hippie vibe, and this packaging just screams hippie. I've seen a few people comment on the smell, and I will say that it does have a rather strong scent if you just stick your nose into the product and smell it. It's a scent that I don't mind, personally, but I can see how it could be bothersome to some people. It's sort of like a mixture of flowers and sunscreen. I haven't noticed it lingering on my skin throughout the day, though. In fact, as far as I've been able to notice, it's gone by the time I've finished putting my makeup on. It also comes with a small brush that, even though it isn't what I typically use to apply blush, it is good for a quick sweep of color onto the cheeks. It also comes with a plastic holder for the brush that sits nicely on top of the product inside the box for sanitation purposes.
Charlea M.
Caro
This blush is my favorite for summer time. It gives the summer flushed look. It blends out beautifully with my bronzer. It is a blush that you don’t need to necessarily build, but if you want to build it, it’s very buildable. It has a beautiful coral-like color and it has a scent that is supposed to smell like the ocean. I haven’t ever been but I can say that it smells absolutely wonderful. I have a light skin tone and it works well with my complexion. I think it is for light to medium skin tones. It’s pigmentation is just beautiful! I bought it for about $27 at Ulta I believe. This blush just seems to last forever.
Sarah R.
This is my favorite blush i’ve ever owned. In the warmer months I use it almost exclusively.

HOWEVER I have the mini which is not the same color, formula, texture, and doesn’t preform the same as the full size. It also is missing the gold overspray. All benefit minis are powder formula whereas some of the big box blushes including Galifornia are mousse formulas

The mini Galifornia is more of an orange coral where the full size is more pink. There are some gold shimmer mixed in the pan but it doesn’t really come through on the skin. There is some kick up in the pan when you swirl your blush but I don’t have any fall out. It’s definitely a blush that builds up easily but you can also blend it out easily if you apply too much. I notice some fading throughout the day but it’s not to the level where I feel I’d need to reapply. The blush is pretty heavily scented but I don’t mind that. When it’s in the packaging I enjoy the scent. I don’t notice the scent at all once it’s applied to the skin.

Just something I noticed after using this blush for nearly a year is that it will stain your lighter colored makeup brushes
Sydney C.
East Greenwich
I love this product so so much! It's a more orangey blush and is nicely pigmented. It also has a shimmery touch. I strongly recommend this product and it is fairly easy to blend. I would definitely buy this product again and the packaging is super cute!! If anyone has any questions about this wonderful product than I would be more than happy to answer them
Sarah J.
Brooklyn
Benefit’s GALifornia is one of my all-time favorite powder blushes. This shade is a warm, bright golden-pink that’s reminiscent of the California sunshine. It infuses the cheeks with a sunkissed glow. GALifornia is the perfect blush for spring and summer. (I, however, will rock it all year long.) This blush is highly pigmented, so a little goes a long way. I’d recommend tapping the excess powder off your brush prior to application. I think that this shade is very universally flattering.

Also, I really love the retro packaging. It includes a mirror and tiny brush inside. I prefer to use my own blush brush, but that’s just me.

You get your money’s worth at $29 for 0.17 oz of product. I have never hit pan on a Benefit blush. There is also a travel size available for $15 for 0.08 oz of product. I recommend GALifornia to anyone who wants to glow like a golden goddess all summer long.
Myranda C.
This blush has a very strong peachy-coral tone to it, which I personally love. It’s very blendable once applied to the cheeks and gives you the perfect summery glow. I purchased the travel size version of this and that’s going to last me forever! I gave this product 4 stars because it can become way too intense too fast. You only need to put your brush in the pan ONCE and that’s all. I’m personally not a fan of really pigmented blushes but if you are, this is perfect for you. I still love to use this product with a nice fluffy blush brush. I still manage to wear this product in the fall because it is so flattering. I think this would be beautiful on an array of different skin tones. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone! There’s a tiny hint of smell to the blush, which I actually really love. It’s on the perfume side but I still love this product.
Allison R.
I got this blush on a whim because I never use blush. The color is intimidating in the pan, but it doesn't go on that crazy of a coral pink color. It adds an amazing pop of color that would be flattering on almost al skin types. The formula is amazing and so blendable, plus the smell is soooo good! I am loving this product and so glad I gave it a try! Also, the packaging is adorable and you do get a cute little brush for the price.
Kristen M.
I normally don't wear or buy blushes but I knew I had to buy Galifornia as soon as I saw the cute packaging. It has a strong distinct smell when you open the container, but it is not noticeable when the blush is actually on your face. I love the the size of this blush. It is about 2-3 inches long and wide so it is perfect to take to travel. Would recommend buying this size for this reason and because a little really goes a long way so it will take a while to hit pan.
Janeigne N.
I have nothing bad to say regarding the quality, it is highly pigmented, it lasts through at least 5-6h. The highly pigmentation forces you to apply it carefully, because it is difficult to fix once it is on your make up. I am fair skin and I find it too colorful, that is why the 3 stars, I only use it in summer when I am tanned so that it enhances the summer look. My small travel size will last forever as I use it so little, therefore I cannot think I would re-buy it.
Margarette Faye V.
Oxnard
I got this blush as a part of a set from Benefit Cosmetics, so I got the mini one.

This blush is easy to apply because of the powdery texture and has a golden shimmer to it which gives me a natural look.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of the brush that came with it. The blush works good with a regular blush brush.

Overall, I'd still recommend this product. I love it!
Darcey A.
Is this worth the money?
Rebecca S.
what's this like on really fair skin?
Denisse C.
Heredia
I would love to taste that blush
Kim K.
Where can you get this in the UK? As there isn't a Sephora over here... :(
Erin P.
London, ON
How much is this stuff and where can I get it? Does it last a long time usually? I love the packing!