BY BENEFIT COSMETICS

Benefit fakeup hydrating crease-control concealer Beauty Shop by Category - Makeup

• Do you think this is the best concealer for dry skin?3 Answers
  • How does this compare to Erase Paste? I typically use Era...3 Answers
  • Is this product worth buying?1 Answers
Benefit Cosmetics Fakeup Hydrating Crease-control Concealer
  • "i am obsessed with this concealer! it's so hydrating under the eyes, and doesn't crease (that's why i love this product so much!) it's quite expensive but it's one of the best concealers i have ever tried! the colors sometimes don't match, which isn't ideal for paler skin. " in 138 reviews
  • "this concealer is great for covering up dark circles, blemishes, and for a natural look but it sometimes doesn't blend as well as i would wish. it does keep the areas i apply it to hydrated and refreshed." in 104 reviews
  • "fake up is a moisture infused concealer .it also has crease control properties and when applied, it hydrates the under eye area with vitamin e and apple seed extract. the light-weight concealer comes in benefit cosmetics' traditional fun packaging.
    the concealer does its job wonderfully. i can confirm it moisturizes the eye area and does not cake up after a few hours (i hate it when concealers or foundations do that!). it keeps everything in place. at times, i set the concealer with a little powder. one thing though, is the fact that it is a bit sheer upon the first application. you can apply multiple strokes in order to achieve the desired coverage.
    the thing i love about fake up is the fact that it keeps the eye area hydrated for hours. you can actually see the effect of the moisture- from the moment you apply the concealer in the morning (8 am) to the time you return home (6 pm), the eye area looks and feels moisturized. " in 35 reviews
  • "this is such an amazing concealer for dry skin ! it goes on so smoothly and is easy to use with its similar to lipstick application stick . its awesome for touch ups , i would re purchase this again for sure , they don't come in many shades but over all it doesn't crease and its good for dry skin . if you have oily skin i wouldn't use this product , " in 28 reviews
  • "However, if your older and have wrinkles and fine lines, I HIGHLY recommend this product because it's so moisturizing that it doesn't crease." in 7 reviews
Jay M.
Sacramento, CA
I know a ton of people Rave about this product but it did not work for me at all. I found it to be greasy and not very hydrating for my under-eye area. It provided very little coverage and seem to wear off within an hour or two of me applying it. It has a hydrating ring on the outside and the concealer is in the center. You have to apply it very carefully to make sure you get some of the color on to your skin and not just the hydrating outer ring. I would not recommend this as a concealer. Like I said for my skin it did not work at all. Maybe for other people who don't have dark circles it might work great. I love the brand Benefit and really wanted this product to be amazing. Unfortunately I could not make it work. I tried using it with different primers. I tried using this concealer over and under my foundation. Nothing seemed to help. I could not get my skin to look flawless and get the full coverage that I needed.
Megan M.
Ypsilanti, MI
I originally receiving this concealer, as a deluxe sample size, in an Ipsy bag, and I fell in love with it! It was the first high end concealer I bought after the sample ran out. While this product will always hold a special place in my heart - it's not that great. It provides light to medium coverage. It's incredibly hydrating (great for people with dry skin) but it creased really badly underneath my eyes. It also made the mascara on my lower lashline smudge - something that that mascara doesn't usually do. It's a good concealer if you have smooth under eyes and aren't looking to wear other makeup.
Roberta M.
I sparingly use concealer but in those instances I do go the extra mile, I use the Benefit Cosmetics Fake Up Concealer. Yes, they’ve since remodeled the packaging but hopefully they kept the old formula. This is a fantastic concealer that doesn’t look caked on. It’s also incredibly hydrating for the under eye area and rarely creases. I have extremely dark eyes as well from long nights due to insomnia so my dark circles have always been a big thing for me. This concealer was great because it was easy to apply and blend out and still look as natural as ever! I’d have definitely recommended this product before they reinvented the package so I’ll give Benefit the benefit (ha! Get it?) of the doubt and purchase the newer edition.
Neha S.
Lynnwood, WA
Purchased at: Sephora
This one was good for those summer days and no makeup makeup look and makeup in a hurry kinda thing, very easy blendable but it definitely creased on me .... I tried to work with this many many times, tried during winter too, tried outdoor, indoors, without setting and with setting powder... it creased on me whatsoever. So won’t be purchasing again but yes may be teens with no lines, it may work.
Stephanie H.
La Habra
I used to use this all the time for my under eye before they started selling the airbrush concealer. It worked really well and kept me from creasing and wouldn’t settle into fine lines. I just didn’t like using it on blemishes since I’m already oily I felt like this would emphasize my blemishes instead of masking them
Kat J.
This is the best hydrating concealer on the market!!!!! Benefit is one of my favorite brands when it comes to concealers in general, and this specific one is no exception!

Benefit's FakeUp Hydrating Concealer hides dark circles & visibly smooths fine lines, but the best feature is that it is soooooo hydrating! And when you look at the ingredients, it’s no wonder why.... This concealer stick has vitamin E & apple seed extract, keeping your skin hydrated for 6 hours! It gives sheer (but buildable) coverage and a natural finish, so it’s perfect for any flaws you want to hide without liking cakey and dry! It’s easy to blend too, I just use my fingertips to pat it out (or sometimes I’ll use my the original beautyblender® micro.mini for even more moisture). As if all those benefits weren’t enough, it’s also a great value! A little goes a long way, and one full size concealer stick lasts me almost a whole year with regular use.

I highly recommend this product and doubt you’ll be disappointed!
Shasha S.
Michelle F.
San Jose , CA
I have a dry eye area. This concealers helps me conceal and hydrate at the same time. It helps minimize the appearance and fine lines. This also works great on top of other concealers. I will use Nars Radiant concealers or Tarte maracuja concealer and put this on top for hydration.
Lindsy R.
Fleetwood, PA
Not going to buy this again. There’s more hydrating product in this tube than the concealer itself. I thought it would work well for me, because concealer tend to crease in my under eyes, but I had to pretty much try and apply a ton of it just to get some color out of it and its not good for my budget.
Katie G.
Parsons
Bought this when I heard it was hydrating for under the eyes. Had some issues with it. It had shear coverage and was difficult to apply other products on top. It would cake up instantly. It was great for hydrating the under eye area but that was about it.
Bernadette N.
Waldorf , MD
I just bought this today. Do you apply it straight from the stick or use a brush?
Caeli D.
I have extremely dark under eye circles. Does anyone else have problems with this creasing/settling?
Brittany S.
Athens, TN
What is your favorite under eye concealer?
April C.
Los Angeles, CA
Does this concealer look cakey ? Does it blend well ?
Raegan K.
Myrtle Beach , SC
What is the coverage like? Is it caky and thick? How long does it stay on?