BY BENEFIT COSMETICS

A nude-pink, matte-radiance highlighter. Put your complexion in the spotlight with this soft baby-pink, shimmer-less, natural-looking highlighter. Benefit's Shy Beam is perfect for contouring, and it can be used under complexion products or as a spot highlighter over makeup. Ideal for all skin types, this foolproof highlighter can be swept on for subtle strobing or to give luminosity for a healthy, no makeup glow. Beauty tip: Apply Shy Beam where light would naturally hit your face: (cheekbones, above and below your browbones, along your temples, down the bridge of your nose, and above your cupid's bow) and blend for a soft sheen. see more...

• I've been interested in this highlighter but I'm wondering if it ...1 Answers
  • I have looking for the before highlighter and I just can't find t...1 Answers
  • Is this a good highlighter?1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Emily J.
This is a really pretty color. However, this just didn't work out for me. Not only was it hard to blend, when I applied it, it look like a streak of pink. The packaging is cute but I wish maybe it came in a dropper or something else that would be easier to apply on the face. Additionally, the smell of this product is overwhelming. This product smells almost like paint. I feel like it just has a chemically smell that isn't pleasant. I just wouldn't recommend this product because it really isn't good.
Chloe L.
Rowlett, TX
THIS THIS THIS. I’ll admit, I was kind of scared to try it as I had never tried a matte highlight or a liquid highlight before, but it was super easy to use. I barely touch the brush to each cheekbone three times, and just use a finger to tap tap tap until it’s blended in! I’ve never had to set it with any powder to make it stay, and since it’s matte, it looks just as pretty on bare skin as it does over makeup, which I think is really cool, because you can give your cheekies a little boost even when you don’t feel like doing your makeup that day.
Lexi A.
Plainville, CT
I really don't know this hype around this! I feel as though it literally blends right into my skin. It's not even "natural" because I can't notice it! I would not recommend this product to anyone, for the price it's ridiculous that you do not get more out of this product. It is easy to apply though, so I will give it a point for application.
Ashley V.
Sparks, NV
love love this matte highlighter one of my favorites. Very pigmented I love how it looks on my skin very pretty. pros coverage is beautiful for a matte finish. cons bottle gets messy after use. Flat finish which is very pretty. I would recommend this to anybody who doesn't want that intense highlight
Danielle K.
Annandale, VA
This is an amazing highlighter but I don't think many people know about it. It's like a very pigmented blendable pearl finish high beam. Looks adorable on you cheek bones, can be built up too. As it is a liquid use it with a beauty blender. I will continue to use it as I love it
Megan K.
Pepperell
I’m not usually a huge fan of wand highlighters because they can move the foundation around. This highlighter doesn’t do that and it is so pigmented on the skin. It is easy to apply and can be built up to a blinding highlight. I would recommend to a friend and might buy again.
Rain K.
This is my first time using a liquid type matte highlighter, so I didn't know what to expect from this product at first. Before I started using this product, I used a light shade of a concealer as a highlighter. I started to use this product, and I love it very much!!!

1) Use it as a matte highlighter:
I have a light skin tone, but dark circles have been my huge concern ever since when I was 16. I love to use this one as an under eye highlighter for a couple reasons. First, it is very creamy and it blends out very smoothly. It's easy to apply both with fingers and brushes. Secondly, I love the color of it. It's a baby pink shade which cancels out a blue-ish undertone of my dark circles. So it effectively brightens up the entire undereye area. However, it does not have a full coverage as cream concealers. This just provides good enough brightness to the skin instead of covering up.

2) Use it as a base of blush:
This is my favorite way to use this blush!!! Though I have a fairly light skin tone, dullness is one of my major concerns. Becuase of the dullness and hyperpigmentations on my cheek areas, I have a hard time using light shades of blushes, such as Nars's  Sex Appeal or Benefit's Dandelion. Unlike my expectations, they tend to go on my skin a bit dull or barely shows up on my skin. This creates a great clean canvas for light shades of blushes! It evens out and brightens up the cheek areas, so even the lightest shade of blushes go on just like what they look like in the pan.

The only con is that it does move my foundation around a little. I generally use liquid foundation. It definitely is not a good idea to use this product on top of a hydrating liquid foundation.
Megan B.
This is great for a soft glow. It's very blendable if you blend it right after applying. It dries rather quickly so you have to work fast. It's a very subtle sheer. I absolutely recommend this to anyone looking for a soft glow.
Kelsey H.
New braunfels, TX
This is my favorite highlighter for when I don’t want shimmer!! I use it almost daily under my eyes, and it will provide a great base if you want to dust some shimmery powder on top. Great, versatile highlighter
Lexi C.
Greenwood
Patchy and gross. It doesn’t blend no matter how fast or how much product I️ out on. I️ tried a sponge, brush, fingers -nothing works. I️ have neutral undertones and this was still not okay. I️ would never buy this again.
Darien G.
Turtleford
Does this product differ from a powder highlight?
Mandy S.
Singapore
Is this a similar product to watt's up? What are the differences? I love watt's up but I'm running out and considering shy beam as an alternative.
Pamela G.
I have been wanting to try this. I haven't really seen a lot of people talk about this. If you have this product can you tell me how you use it? And how the coverage is?
Kanza T.
Piscataway, NJ
Does this highlight have color in it?
Monica H.
Is this suitable for oily skin? And is it subtle enough for daily usage?