BY BENEFIT COSMETICS #18 in Lip Stain

• Is this product really hard to blend on your cheeks?16 Answers
  • Tengo ganas de utilizar este producto, pero se aplica fácilmente?...1 Answers
  • How well does this stain last?8 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "Ok, so I was pretty scared to try this on my cheeks,, but if used lightly looks great... the lips looked good, but I didn't find it lasted too long on me." in 9 reviews
  • "As a cheek stain, it truly has all day staying power (I can't say the same for some other designer brands I've tried in the past)." in 9 reviews
  • "All those years ago when the lady at the Benefit counter first tried the Benefit I was reluctant to try it, as I had never used a blush before." in 7 reviews
  • "Best of all it is long lasting--I apply once in the morning and it has been known to last all day on a rainy day or even last through a swimming workout." in 6 reviews
  • "Not loving this as a cheek tint since I have a deeper skin tone and it takes some building to show up but I do love this as a lip tint!" in 6 reviews
Jena T.
Wake Forest, NC
Great natural tint and stain for the lips! However, I'm not really a fan of using it on the cheeks as it can dry quickly. In addition, to the fact that using a liquid-like stain for a blush is just odd to me.... Using it as a stain for the lips however is wonderful and it can be pretty long lasting, for everyday wear. AVOID licking your lips after application as this product tastes horrible, unless it has completely set and dried.
I'm wearing it on my lips with nothing else, in the photo I've uploaded, so you can get an idea of it's true color! (:

Some people have noted that the color is not very pigmented, bold and what not. I've slightly discovered that too and have found some solutions, if you want a bright pigmented look for your lips all day. Try using this benetint as your base coat. Apply thoroughly and evenly (this may take 2 or 3 applications). Let the benetint completely set and dry. Then apply, the new Lancome Juicy Shaker color of your choice very thoroughly (which may take 2 applications as well). The Lancome shaker will really amp up the color!!!! The benetint dries out my lips very slightly and so, since the Lancome juicy shaker is an oil based product, it balances that dryness out vey nicely, so that I'm moisturized. Now, I will say I do not own a Lancome juicy shaker. I actually tried pairing the products together with a benefit consultant at an Ulta store, while experimenting and the finished look came out amazing.
olivia v.
Despite having given this a five, I won't recommend it to everyone. I gave it a five because it perfectly suits my needs, and for several reasons.
1. Natural looking. Sheer color.
If you prefer super-pigmented vibrant colors, this isn't for you. Yes, this can be layered and it can look pigmented, but you'd do better with a proper lip stain. But If you want a natural rosy hue, this is perfect.
2. Not for all cheeks.
I have dry skin - Benetint never worked for me as a blush. I get what people are saying when they complain this dries too fast to blend/buff. I love it as a lip tint though, which is why I've bought this several times since I first came across it.
3. Try it with lip gloss/lipbalm.
My lips are too dry to wear this alone. It will get me a good color payoff, but my lips will get those horrible dry flakes. I love Benetint with a good clear gloss, or a slightly tinted one. It makes your lips looks dewy and gorgeous. But again, I know a lot of people who dislike glosses, so maybe try lip balm? Or if you have perfect dewy lips like my friend does, wear it by itself.
4. All in all, it might not be worth the whole 30bucks, but this is one of those products that I keep end up repurchasing despite my grousing.I'd prefer sample size with a smaller price tag though- I recently received a sample size benetint&posiebalm and I love them even more.
Jennifer S.
I find this liquid tint to be pretty ineffective on the lips, in my experience. It's not as pigmented on my lips as I would like, and it doesn't have much staying power at all. However I absolutely love it as a cheek stain. I typically use powder blushes but when I want a more natural-looking flush, I reach for this. It looks like a deep blood red right out of the bottle but it's easy to blend the color into my cheeks to where it looks like a subtle shade of pink. I was afraid it would be too pigmented at first and it would be too harsh on my fair skin, but it ended up looking really natural. The color is definitely buildable though. It seems like it's pretty pricey, but you'll get your money's worth out of it. You literally just need a few drops at a time, so it lasts a while. I really don't care for this much as a lip product, but it's great as a blush.
Morgan R.
Alpharetta, GA
The product that started benefit! This was originally created in San Francisco for strippers who wanted their nipples to be darker/ more pink...

It's in a typical nail polish container and when I use the brush on my lips it tickles the heck outta me so I dab and pat. Thin consistency, thicker than juice, thinner then maple syrup. It's starts very light, but the more you add, the darker it gets... And since it absorbs in your skin, you could do 100 layers and it still wouldn't feel like anything... Although that does make it a little harder to get off if as soon as you put it on, otherwise it wears off pretty well.

Great summer product, light, won't drip off if you get splashed, plus, I love products that can multitask, dab on lips, cheeks, I even do eyes sometimes. All you need is SPF and some good waterproof mascara!
Kelly E.
East Meadow, NY
This is a huge cult classic which of course, I had to try to see if it lived up to its following. Over the course of using it for a while now I have found I enjoy it more and it is easier to work with as a lip stain- it leaves a really long lasting natural looking red stain that completely dries quickly/soaks in and looks great. As a blush I dot a little bit on the apples of my checks and (very) quickly blend it out with a sponge which I find is easier than fingers. All around this is a good product that is very versatile and good for every day natural makeup, the one thing I have to say I don't agree with is the high price point. I know this product will last me my whole life probably because you have to use the tiniest amount
Anna R.
Trenton, NJ
I'm generally really pale unless it's the summer, so blush is my best friend. The only issue is that sometimes a lot of powder blushes look too cakey and fake, and a lot of cream blushes slide off my face by the end of the day, so when I friend of mine introduced me to this stain, I was intrigued. When I put it on, it gave me such a natural flush, I looked like Snow White, or like I had just come back from a run or something like that. It was just so natural looking, it looked like it was coming from within. I literally could not stop staring at myself because I loved it so much and I recommend this to literally everyone!
Deb M.
Scottsdale, AZ
I have been using this as a cheek tiny for over 15 years and it works amazingly! Whether I have a little tan or if I'm middle of the winter pale, this tiny naturally makes my cheeks look flushed in a perfect way. It's easy to apply, blend and add a bit more if you want some more "wow" factor! Sometimes I apply a powder blush over it if I'm going out but it's not necessary at all! I've used it as a lip tint but truthfully I don't like how it applies with a nail bookish type applicator. I cannot get it as precise as I want, which is why I like using it on my larger cheek surface. Great great product that anyone will love!
Allyson S.
Birdsboro, PA
I love all of the Bene-Tints. They last a long time and are great as a base coat or alone. This color is amazing, but I find that I need to apply a few more coats to achieve a color that I want and this dries a little bit faster than the others, which makes it difficult to aply as a cheek tint (I apply a bit of moisturizer or Tarte's Maracuja oil (just a VERY tiny amount) to the cheek to help the application. However, on the lips, it lasts through a full meal and drinks! The application is a bit awkward as this is a thinner tint than the others, but it once you get used to it, it's no problem. Still highly recommend.
Mariah S.
Boston, MA
I love this lip stain! I just wish it lasted a LITTLE bit longer. It smells fantastic and is easy to apply, kind of like a nail polish brush, but for your lips. The color looks great with many different skin tones (I have a few friends who purchased the same product). This stain looks super natural on your lips and you can put a coat of regular chapstick over it to seal in the deal. I found myself reapplying at least 3 times throughout the day though...I just assumed it would stay on longer than a lipstick/gloss. Overall I love this product and would definitely recommend this product.
Kate M.
Brooklyn, NY
I've been using this product for years. It's so nice and gentle, softly tinting the lips and cheeks! I only use this on my lips, and I usually apply a few layers. Don't be misled by the color of the tint in the bottle, the pigment is really thin so you can build it up to a dark red or just do a couple layers for a light pink. If you're looking for a product to give you a super pigmented red lip this probably isn't best. I've never been a huge fan of intense lip colors, I prefer natural tones instead, so this product is perfect. Did I mention it smells like roses?
Hannah M.
Rocky Mountain House, AB
Is this product really hard to blend on your cheeks?
Alaina A.
Blue Springs, MO
Will you guys use the lip and cheek color the same day or is it too much?
jaime c.
Bristol, PA
Is this a lip stain that dries out your lips?
michaela k.
Atco, NJ
Is this cheek stain worth the buy? I've gotten mixed reviews about it. Is blending it out easy?
Ciara O.
How well does this stain last?