BY BENEFIT COSMETICS #14 in Lip Stain

Our Original Rose-tinted Stain Is Kiss-proof, See-through Color For Lips & Cheeks That Lasts For Hours. Originally Created For An Exotic Dancer In The 1970s, Benetint Has Soared To Cult Fave Status. It's Loved By Celebs, Makeup Artists And Gals Around The World.

Sheer & Sexy On All Complexions
Innocent Yet Provocative
Long-lasting Wear

Water (Aqua), Polysorbate 20, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Carmine (Ci 75470), Methylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Tetrasodium Edta, Geraniol, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Citronellol, Maltodextrin, Benzyl Salicylate, Bht. N° 00n12802

• I really want this product do you recomed me to buy it?3 Answers
  • Is this product really hard to blend on your cheeks?17 Answers
  • Is this really looks good on your cheeks and lips?4 Answers
Reviews (1961)
Buy on Sephora*
  • "I love this product! Not only is it long lasting, but it's super easy to apply. Despite the dark appearance, it doesn't come out that dark once you rub it in, and this is coming from someone with fair skin. If you don't like this color though, you can try it in Posietint, which is a bright pink, or Cha Cha Tint, which is a coral shade. It is on the expensive side considering it's from Benefit, but if you can afford it, I'd highly recommend it!" in 62 reviews
  • "I picked up benetint for the first time in the late 1990's, when benefit only had counters in a few stores. visiting marshall fields in chicago, looking for some new makeup, i was shown the benetint and i fell in love. this love has lasted to this very day. benetint is hte perfect thing to add a bit of a healthy flush to your cheeks. i use three dots on each cheekbone and blend and suddenly I've come back to life. I've never been fond of using it as a lip tint, my lips tend to the dry side and i find it settles into lines and adds to the drying. many people have had great luck, however, using the benetint as a lip colour- I'm just sharing my personal experience. it is easy to over use the benetint on your cheeks, use it sparingly and blend well. i recommend this to literally everyone! enjoy!" in 57 reviews
  • "Ok, so I was pretty scared to try this on my cheeks,, but if used lightly looks great... the lips looked good, but I didn't find it lasted too long on me." in 9 reviews
  • "As a cheek stain, it truly has all day staying power (I can't say the same for some other designer brands I've tried in the past)." in 9 reviews
  • "All those years ago when the lady at the Benefit counter first tried the Benefit I was reluctant to try it, as I had never used a blush before." in 7 reviews
Dani F.
Allston, MA
I was very excited to try this product, as I was looking for something that would be long lasting and give a nice natural looking tint to my lips. I purchased the mini at $12 from Sephora, and have been using it for about three weeks now.

First, the COLOR of this tint is lovely. I really like the red, slightly pink, shade. However, the coverage is not great. I recommend waiting for the first layer to dry and then applying a second layer.

This product is NOT LONG-LASTING. I applied right before going to work about an hour ago, and it is already starting to fade. I have not had anything to eat or drink since application. When I use this product, I usually carry it around with me so I can re-apply whenever I use the bathroom and get a chance in front of a mirror.

In addition to not being long lasting, the product is very DRYING. The color tends to cling to dry patches on my lips, and thus accentuates the dryness. It's a disappointing cycle.

As much as I like the initial color, I would not recommend or buy this product again.
Niyanta M.
Dallas
I love the benetint for the cheeks but not for the lips. When applied on the lips, it looks like you just enjoyed ice lolly😄 Some people like that effect on their lips but it doesn’t look good on me.
I use it on my cheeks when I want to keep a bare skin and minimal look ( usually when I am not wearing foundation). I apply the tint with the applicator on my cheeks and blend it with my fingers. It gives the perfect flush of color which looks natural and healthy. The tint looks quite dark in the bottle but is very subtle on the skin. The tint dries very quickly and can lead to uneven & blotched stains on your cheeks if you do not blend immediately. I got the travel size and I feel this itself is going to last me forever. So a little goes a long way.
Jennifer W.
I received this product as a mini sample within one of their little bundle sets that I purchased at Macy's. As well as I again received it a few years later in an Ipsy bag. Both times that I've tried this product I have disliked it. It has a nice scent to it I do like the packaging but that's about all that I like. I found whatever I use this product I had to layer it on and on and on to get any kind of real color payoff. To be honest it really just looked like I had a popsicle nothing really amazing about it and it would wear off so quickly within an hour or less it was like I never even put it on which is the exact opposite of the purpose of the product. Very disappointing and I would never knowingly purchase this item. I've never tried any of their other tents or lip stain products because of how poorly this one worked.
April B.
Wichita, KS
This product is great!! I got mine at Sephora for about $30. Since it’s a stain or does stay on all day, which I love. I don’t want a product that doesn’t stay on. It kinda has a cheap perfume smell, which doesn’t bother me one bit but might bother someone else. It’s very easy to apply! It comes with a little brush attached to the lid that you just dip into the product & I just take the brush and make little lines on my cheek/cheekbone. You do need to blend it out fast or it will leave marks on your face. It looks absolutely amazing!! Especially when you’re not wear much makeup because it still gives you color and looks very natural. You don’t need much product so this will last for a while. Definitely would buy again!
Monica W.
Bend, OR
All the YAS! This product is killer! Really though.. it's expensive guys. So expensive that I only ever bought it twice. It's like $28 or something crazy like that. And I love it so much that I go through it rather quickly.

But maaan oh man is it good stuff! I love the rose scent and it gives such a natural pink flush. Don't let the color in the bottle fool you, it is super easy to apply, and no you won't look like a clown. It's like a cute little nail polish looking bottle filled with a highly-coveted liquid potion that is long lasting on the lips AND cheeks and is TA-DA .. buildable! ✨

I just wish it wasn't so dang expensive, otherwise I'd buy it all the time! Benefit Benetint fah Lyfe!
Kim M.
I’ve owned this product on and off for years now. I do like to use it as a lip stain but I find that it looks patchy and odd on my cheeks. I have rosy lips naturally so this colored tint looks very natural and flattering on me. I like that this formula is watery because it isn’t drying on my lips at all, unlike gel or cream formulas. I don’t like that the bottle is so big - it will take ages and ages for you to actually use it up, but the unsanitary application makes me feel like I need to toss it before I’ve even used 20% of it. Overall, it’s a nice stain, but nothing life changing. I would definitely try to get a mini version so when it gets old you won’t feel bad tossing it out
Peggy M.
Benetint lip stain is pretty good and has a very sheer, natural look. I bought the mini size from Sephora to try it out. It has a watery consistency and has a Rose scent. As per the instructions, I applied three coats, and the brush makes it easy to apply and spread the product over my lips. It is definitely buildable, which I like, and it sinks into/absorbs quickly. The only thing I’ve noticed is that the color seems to be more pigmented in the inside of my lips rather than evenly pigmented throughout my lips.
Ritika R.
Benefit Cosmetics Benetint Cheek & Lip Stain is a good concept but the pigment just wasn’t enough. I have tan skin, so it took a lot of product to actually appear on my cheeks. However, when it finally did, it was a very pretty color. Unfortunately the color barely appeared on my lips, no matter how much product I put on. So for girls that have lips that are naturally a bit darker, this may not work as both a lip and cheek stain. I got this product as part of a Sephora points reward, but overall, I probably wouldn’t purchase it for myself.
Janeigne N.
There are some days when I really don't feel like putting foundation on, which is usually when my skin is looking great. This tint is perfect for those days as it applies easily to smooth skin, and is really easy to build up for a light stain to a fully flushed cheeks. I really like how after a few drops on your face, it's easy to blend with your finger, thus I don't have to carry an extra brush with me; even better for a low effort day. The only reason I took away a star is because I think it is very drying on my lips, so much that it looks purple!
Shay A.
Such a wonderful, versatile product. Can be worn alone, under or over makeup. Use a small amount or build it up for more of an impact.

It has a subtle rose scent. It comes in a small glass bottle that is the size and shape of a nail polish bottle. It seems small for the price tags but lasts for a long time and is high quality so I think it's well worth it.

You can use on your cheeks for a sexy flush or on your lips for a pop of color.
Hannah M.
Rocky Mountain House, AB
Is this product really hard to blend on your cheeks?
Alaina A.
Blue Springs, MO
Will you guys use the lip and cheek color the same day or is it too much?
jaime c.
tullytown, PA
Is this a lip stain that dries out your lips?
michaela k.
Atco, NJ
Is this cheek stain worth the buy? I've gotten mixed reviews about it. Is blending it out easy?
Ciara O.
How well does this stain last?