BY BENEFIT COSMETICS #91 in Mascara

Sexy, dramatic, pure unadulterated black mascara for full, voluminous lashes. Famously big brush coats lashes with our thick black formula.

• Voluptous
  • Volumious
  • Beyond-black lashes

Aqua (Water), Cera Alba (Beeswax), Cetearyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Polybutene, Glyceryl Stearate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Panthenol, Silica, Ceteth10 Phosphate, Dicetyl Phosphate, Peg100 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Pvp, Trihydroxystearin, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Xanthan Gum.

May Contains:
Ci 19140 (Yellow 5, Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 77000 (Aluminum Powder), Ci 77007 (Ultramarines), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Ci 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), Ci 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

• what’s your favorite mascara??? Benefit Cosmetics BADgal ...15 Answers
  • Anyone tried this before? Benefit Cosmetics BADgal Lash6 Answers
  • Does it make a difference if you buy the travel size masc...5 Answers
Benefit Cosmetics BADgal Lash
  • "I use this mascara daily! I love the way it makes my lashes look. It gives enough volume and enough length for me. Benefit is my favorite high end makeup brand, and I love most of their products and this is definitely one of them. This mascara is a hit or miss for some people, so I would recommend maybe getting one of Benefit's kits that have this mascara in it so you can test it. Plus, you'll also get to try SMS of benefit's other products. " in 382 reviews
  • "This mascara was wonderful! It made my lashes full and long! I have naturally long lashes this added the volume and fullness that I look for in a mascara! I will be going to Sephora soon. :)" in 101 reviews
  • "I love this product! For the first couple uses I found it a bit too thick (though some people might like that) but after that it became this very natural looking mascara- and it still was very voluminous and thickening." in 83 reviews
  • "I really liked this mascara (I'm very picky about how my lashes look and I'm a mascara junkie) and I really liked how they came out (mind you, I don't use just 1 mascara on my lashes) After applying this mascara I noticed a nice separation in my lashes and they made them appear thicker, which I really love." in 20 reviews
  • "I did just order a full sized They're Real mascara by Benefit to try it out...I figured even if I don't like it, there was a promotion going on where I got a free travel size of BADgal lash so it was a win win!" in 5 reviews
Mo K.
Nyack, NY
The first time I used this mascara I did not like it at all! It is super wet and I felt like it made my lashes more clumpy rather than voluminous. When I asked my friend how my lashes looked she said they looked fine, so I decided to try it again! Since the initial use I have come to really enjoy this mascara!

This mascara makes my lashes super long, which I love, and adds just enough volume that it doesn't look clumpy. The formula is wet and almost sticky, but it does dry down. This does last all day on me except when I wear concealer on my eyelids. I have hooded eyes so my lashes always touch my brow bone and mascara smudges there. This mascara only did that when I wore concealer all over my lids, not when I had an eyeshadow look. It didn't flake off or smudge when I used it on my bottom lashes.

I love this wand! Benefit has great wands so this did not surprise me. I also really enjoy the packaging!

I definitely recommend this mascara, especially if you love Benefit's mascaras!
Chloe R.
Charlotte, NC
I have used this mascara everyday since it came out and I feel naked without it. For a mascara, it is a bit pricey, by it lasts so long it’s worth it. The packaging is simple and sleek which is fitting for the name. It applies smooth and rarely clumps. It makes my lashes look fuller, darker, and longer which I adore. I’ve hooked all of my family and friends on it. It also pairs nicely with the “sex proof” mascara (I forgot the name at the moment) by Urban Decay. I highly recommend this mascara to EVERYONE! It’s beautiful and perfect. I can’t go a day without it.
Kym B.
Denver, CO
I just got a sample of this in one of my beauty boxes this month and so far, I really like it. It feels more like liquid than most mascaras, meaning it's not thick and goopy. And the brush is great -- it's really flexible and has lots of bristles to keep your lashes separated, but not like a typical brush. They are more like rubber and a bit bigger and more separated. They work really well, but the trick with this mascara is to only put on one coat. I've seen pictures of people using this and saying it makes their lashes too thick and spidery, but if you just put one coat on, you will get good coverage and good length. I had to figure this one out because I typically put on two coats, but this one will start to clump if you do that (hence, the four stars instead of five). The great thing is that you only need one coat for it to look great.

And so far, I haven't had any issues with it flaking during the day or giving me dark circles under my eyes. It cleans off fine with some micellar water, and I haven't had any irritation from it. It probably won't replace my favorite mascara, but I would definitely get it again.
Lily W.
Bronx, NY
Okay so at first glance after pulling the wand out of the tube I thought I wouldn't like the brush because of the size. I have small Asian eyes with tiny little lashes. It still was able to grab my tiny lashes and coat them with mascara giving them some length. The main reason why I wouldn't repurchase this mascara is how wet the formula is and I better not blink before it dried or it would get on my face. There are cheaper and better mascaras out there than this one.
Maddie D.
Hawthorne, NJ
I never see the hype with mascaras UNTIL this one. This is ahhh mazing. It’s worth every dollar and I’ve never gotten so many compliments in my life before using this. It is magical. And I’ve never once said that about a mascara before. You don’t need to reapply over and over again. One and done. And even after I wash off all of my makeup at night, I don’t have all black underneath my eyes. Washes away easily with no residue.
Kayla S.
When I originally tried this, I gave it two stars. It clumped my lashes and smeared on my lid. I tried it again and took my time and worked with it to fan out my lashes before they dried in clumps, and I actually think it’s nice now! My lashes look very dark and long. They almost look fake! It still clumps them together slightly, and they feel wet against my skin for a while (no smears, weirdly enough). I will be using this more often. Always try a product more than once! Second chances!!!
Ashley D.
New York
I have been using this product for two years. I must say, it is amazing. I love the volumizing effect that this mascara has. I also like the unique formula. The brush itself is also very great. I’ve used other mascaras with a coarse plastic brush. But this one is soft and is designed to really get in between each lash. I highly recommend this product. You can’t be disappointed.
nena c.
las vegas
$24 for a mascara? Yes, and was it worth it? Yes! I don’t have the longest lashes and I also don’t have short lashes but with this mascara it gave me both length and volume. Usually I use a few coats of mascara and a lot of eyelash curling to get a decent length, but with this I only needed to use one coat for full looking lashes. The only downside I noticed was that is you add more that one coat you’re lashes will last look clumpy, I guess this can be said about any mascara but it was more apparent in this one. If you have the money to spare then I say go for it, if not L’Oréal Paris has a mascara similar but it will not give you the exact look this one gives.
april n.
Forest Lake, MN
Honestly, I’m not going to lie, I really love this mascara. I notice the volume in my lashes, the least bit of flaking, and no smudging. What I like the most about this mascara is that it isn’t too overly wet and it doesn’t dry out quickly, either, which is awesome.

The only complaint I have is that the company isn’t cruelty-free, so unfortunately, I won’t be purchasing again.
Gillian V.
Ashburn
I got this mascara as a mascara set from Sephora. The brush is nice and full, color is rich and black and I feel that it covers all of my lashes even the small ones as the brush papers at the end. I really wanted to give this mascara more stars. It Both link things and curls my lashes and coats them completely. They look amazing! However, after a long day it does tend to smudge under my eyes. I don’t apply it to my bottom lashes but still and up with slight raccoon eyes. Another negative is that it doesn’t completely come off even with my seller water and an oil wash. I will not re-purchased this in the full-size.
patty a.
Is this a must have in your make-up collection?
Breeyen S.
Rockledge, FL
Jessica H.
Choctaw, OK
Is this the only mascara for you? Or have you found that cheaper brands work just as well?
Alison H.
Washington, DC
How is this compared to the They're Real mascara by Benefit?
Ashley M.
Clifton
I really want to try this mascara how well does it work?

back