BY BENEFIT COSMETICS #31 in Mascara

• Is this a must have in your make-up collection?35 Answers
  • Is there someone who did not like this mascara so to do much like...1 Answers
  • does this mascara give you a fake full lash effect? I don't wear ...4 Answers
Benefit Cosmetics BADgal Lash Mascara
  • "I really liked this mascara (I'm very picky about how my lashes look and I'm a mascara junkie) and I really liked how they came out (mind you, I don't use just 1 mascara on my lashes) After applying this mascara I noticed a nice separation in my lashes and they made them appear thicker, which I really love." in 20 reviews
  • "It really makes my lashes look thicker and longer, although I'm not sure it's worth the relatively high price tag. " in 5 reviews
  • "I did just order a full sized They're Real mascara by Benefit to try it out...I figured even if I don't like it, there was a promotion going on where I got a free travel size of BADgal lash so it was a win win!" in 5 reviews
  • "The formula is dry and tacky, it clumps, flakes, and makes lashes look spidery and gross!" in 4 reviews
Rebecca S.
New London, CT
I spent more money than I usually would spend on mascara by buying this. I wanted to go higher end. I wanted to splurge, and was drawn in by the name and packaging of this. I was hoping for something amazing, but was somewhat disappointed. It's nice, don't get me wrong... It just might not be worth the money. It's similar to a lot of the Clinique mascara I have, but it separates the lashes a little more than the former. Apart from that, the effect and brushes are very similar. Regardless, I think you could achieve a similar effect for less--specially, I tend to like a lot of the CoverGirl mascaras I've used. So you might want to try something cheaper before splurging on this with the expectation that you'll get something unlike any other mascara.
Haley N.
Mobile, AL
Okay, so I never really see any reviews for this mascara. I got it as a gift with purchase at Sephora a few years ago. And it has become one of my holy grail products. At first I was intimidated by the effect it had on my lashes, and the brush is so good at getting all the stubborn lashes that get tangled in each other and the hard to get corners of eyes. This is a one coat application and I have to be careful when applying because the formula is on the wetter side and it can get everywhere fast. It does take a bit to dry down, but that's no problem. It separates lashes and leaves no clumps or spider lashes. This mascara is a one stop shop, and can fully stand alone on days where I don't feel like dealing with falsies.
Sidney R.
This was a good mascara, I found it sold really well & remained 1 of the top selling mascaras for a good few years while I worked at a cosmetics store. It's most comparable to Dior's DiorShow Mascara Black; that being thrown brush shape and size, the color(s), and the volumizing effect it had on the lashes. It didn't have the same aromatic scent of roses like DiorShow, but it also had a lower price point. The only downside to this type of mascara/brush/wand was that anyone with little eyelids or little to short eyelashes (a lot of my Asian clients) were not able to use this because the wand was just so big it was cause the client more of a mess while barely even reaching their lashes.
Luisa F.
Kansas City, MO
Tried and true, this is something I always carry with me. Since I was young (16 or so) I have been using BadGal in black. I also keep a travel size handy at all times. My favorite thing about this mascara is the size. It reminds me of Diorshow in that it is big and fluffy! Price wise, I can usually find it for about $18 so it's not the cheapest but it is not the most expensive and I never found it to dry out after constant use for 3 months or so and I have been known to wait a month or so after expiration and it still works like a charm!
Sarah B.
Lakewood, CA
I love this mascara! It makes your lashes so big and pretty! I've been asked if I was wearing false lashes before while I was only using this. I feel like it lasts a long time and it doesn't smudge or end up under your eyes. I usually buy this from Sephora and would definitely continue to buy it. Now i use a combination of a few different mascaras usually this one, Urban Decay Perversion and It Cosmetics one.
Nia C.
Kissimmee, FL
This product brings back so many good memories. I remember my sister buying it for me when I was in the sixth grade, around the time I began to wear makeup. I swore by this product, bragging about upgrading from drug store to Sephora. I wore it everyday because it made my lashes look so full like a "BADgal". I would definitely buy again if I could find it at Sephora.
Erika C.
Castroville, CA
This mascara is the bomb dot com! It beats any of the other mascaras I have tried. It adds length, drama, and volume to my lashes without making them look like spider legs. It's not harsh on your eyes when removing but it does stay on. Only thing I don't like is that after awhile it the formula gets weird, however we must replace our mascaras often!
Ashton D.
I personally think this is the best mascara that Benefit has put out. I naturally have longer lashes, but they are so light. This makes them look so full and dark. After curling my lashes and using a lash curler, this mascara over top makes them look so beautiful. Almost a little false looking, without being too over the top. Love this stuff!
Elizabeth H.
Newport Beach, CA
Absolutely love this mascara! I tried it for free through a campaign where I wAs given a mini to try! From that point forward I've never used another mascara!! In love with it! Leave my lashes looking longer fuller and darker which I love!! I don't have a problem with clumping or having heavy feeling lashes! It's perfect! Give a a try!
Katelyn O.
My all time favorite mascara. I bought this in the travel size and I loved it so much I bought the full size version for $20. It gives my lashes so much length, volume and curl. It stays on all day long and doesn't smudge, yet it's easy to remove at the end of the day. I recommend this to anyone! It's a must have!

#mycultclassics
patty a.
Is this a must have in your make-up collection?
Jessica H.
The Village, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this the only mascara for you? Or have you found that cheaper brands work just as well?
Alison H.
Sterling, VA
How is this compared to the They're Real mascara by Benefit?
Lindsay T.
Grosse Pt Wds, MI
What do you use to take this off? It doesn't come off for anything but I love it.
Stephanie Christine G.
Smyrna, TN
Just wondering how clumpy or flakey this mascara is?