BY BENEFIT COSMETICS #22 in Eyebrow Pencils, Gels & Powders

A water-resistant, long-wearing brow gel that instantly brushes on color highlights. Bring eye-catching depth and dimension to your brows with 3D BROWtones Instant Color Eyebrow Highlights. It adds subtle, natural-looking highlights to brows, bringing soft contrast to darker brows and depth to lighter brows. Its custom, spiral, curved brush applies product evenly from root to tip. The comb tip was specially designed to fit even the narrowest parts of the brows to instantly define and perfect your arches. The water-resistant formula stays put for up to 12 hours, and it can be worn alone or over your favorite brow product. Beauty tip: For instant brow highlights, layer 3D BROWtones Instant Color Eyebrow Highlights over ka-BROW! Cream-Gel Color (sold separately).

• Which brow product from the new benefit line do you like best I'm...3 Answers
  • Is this similar to the drugstore products?1 Answers
  • What does this product do? I have a sample but I'm not sure how t...2 Answers
Hong-Ah D.
Rockville, MD
First off, this isn't a bad product by any means. The reason I gave it 3 stars is because you don't need to spend $24 on this to get something that will do the exact same thing.

This product is meant to add subtle highlights and dimension to your brows so they don't look too flat or one-note. I used 02 (I have dark brown hair) and it did add a softness that I really liked. But after looking at the formula, I wondered if I could go buy a tinted brow gel from the drugstore in a lighter color to do the same thing. I could and it did. I bought the L'Oreal Brow Plumper in Blonde and got the same results, except I paid $7.

If you absolutely love Benefit and need this, go for it - it works and it's a good product. But I would say spend the $24 on one of their different, more essential brow products and just buy a lighter tinted brow gel instead.
Alyx D.
Tinley Park, IL
Review for: Light/Medium
So far, I'm liking this product. I just got it in 02 from my local Sephora. I have light brown hair and this adds a subtle wash of color. It's very natural and easy to apply and tames brows with the gel formula. This is perfect if you don't have much time to get ready as it doesn't require as much precision as a pencil or pomade that you'd draw on. If you're looking for a strong look, I'd recommend gimme brown or Benefit's new gel/pomade instead. For $24, I think it's a little pricey but there aren't many comparable products on the market that look natural and not too reddish for lighter hair colors.
Delaney D.
Boca Raton, FL
Review for: Medium/Deep
This is a very nice addition to my brow collection. 3D brow tones fills in my brows in a way similar to gimme brow, biut with more of a shine to it. It has a brush similar to They're Real mascara. ONe of my main issues with the product was that all of the product remained clumped on the wand when I took it out. There was nothing that wiped off the product, so I had to manually remove the excess product from the wand in order to put it on without accidentally painting my whole face. this was probably a defect, however, and might not be true for others.
Alicia G.
When I saw the release of this product I was so excited. Being a blonde with darker brows and most brow products keep them an intense brown I thought this would lighten strands to ease the harshness. While I think this was the goal it is the first formula of its kind. It gives a sheen almost shimmer to random brow strands to catch light pigments and appear as highlights. I hope for improvement to give the main want of this product but for now, I like it. And I use it with benefit KA brow creme gel brow liner.
Autumn S.
Lewisburg, WV
I don't mind bold brows and I also don't mind having people know that I shape my brow with a pencil, BUT I do enjoy having the appearance of naturally full brows. Sometimes I lose my actual brow hair with all of the pencil on my actual skin, but the 3D browtones helps to make my brow hair visible again. Just like the hair on your head, it shows highlights when light hits it. I think the idea of these are just so neat! I use it almost everyday.
Pamela C.
Review for: Medium/Deep
Brows are WOW with this product! I couldn't wait to use this new line of brow products from benefit. They're super long lasting, and this product in particular helps to give your brows a sort of face lift. The color and subtle highlights allow your to look more three dimensional, instead of so "painted on" as they appear at times. Really great, give it a swipe on your brows right after finishing them . . . you won't be disappointed!
Erica K.
Elmhurst, NY
When I first heard about this product, I didn't think much of it and assumed it was just going to be ineffective and even useless. However, I've been using it recently and it's honestly become key to making my eyebrows look as fleeky but natural as possible. It really adds a type of dimension to your brows that makes them look natural. It's pricey, but if you want that natural but fleeky look, this really helps a lot!
Erin D.
Indianapolis, IN
Review for: Medium/Deep
By far, the easiest brow defining product I have ever used. Usually, when I use a pencil, I have to be super careful not to press too firmly, and one small hiccup, and you have to wipe and redo. This is great, just a slight swipe over the top of the hair, and a whisk of the brow brush, and my brows are perfect all day long. Even though it is a bit pricey, it is totally worth it! I have found my life long brow buddy!!
Meray P.
Norcross, GA
Review for: Medium/Deep
I work at Sephora so it's not about which one is better..The difference between the Gimmie brow and 3D brow tones is this...Gimmie brow is a tinted brow filler. 3D brow tones you can add on top they're sort of metallic an give a highlight to the brow, you wouldn't just use 3D brow tones alone. Gimmie brow instantly gives you eye brows and tints them just like a pencil or gel would.
Hannah D.
Review for: Medium/Deep
I used the original formula and purchased about 10 tubes of it. This newer revamped product is just as good, if not a little better than the original.
The brush, although very tiny, is the exact right size to deposit product onto the brows
Buildable so that you don't get left with a bold dark brow after the first swipe
Took off one star bc of the tiny size of this product
Kathy D.
Cochran, GA
Which brow product from the new benefit line do you like best I'm leaning towards the highlights one
Emily F.
Pleasant Vly, NY
Is it worth the price? does it actually make a difference in your brows, and what is it actually supposed to do? thanks in advance :)
Cathy D.
What does this product do? I have a sample but I'm not sure how to use it.
Michelle B.
I have tried so many different mascaras. I like to have volume and length. Would this mascara be a good one to try for what I am wanting? Thanks
Jenna T.
Sacramento, CA
In the last few months I've started filling in my brows and am figuring out what works best for me. I've tried Anastasia brow wiz and definer, and like the thinner point on the wiz better. Can anyone compare this to one of those or similar pencils?