2 colors available

BY BENEFIT COSMETICS #40 in Eyelid Primer

Between sun exposure, pollution, and eye makeup, we put our eyes through a lot-and hiding behind sunglasses isn't the solution. This is: a BB cream eyelid primer that protects, primes, and color corrects lids. It keeps delicate skin nourished and provides a smooth base for makeup-thanks to its patented CushionCalm applicator tip. The cream is also formulated with SPF 20 and a potent EnviroDefend complex that delivers serious eyelid defense against environmental stressors. see more...

• I absolutely love this product but not the price. Is there any knoc...2 Answers
  • I'm very picky with my eyelid primer!! I've been using urban decays...1 Answers
  • Are you supposed to wipe the rip off before and o...Be the first to answer!
Buy on Sephora*
olivia v.
olivia v.
I have other primers that I use and are really good at keeping my eyeshadow in place so I was hesitant to try this. Why pay for something else if I already have something I like?
But oh my god, I am so glad I did shell out for it.
This is fantastic as an eye primer. My makeup stays in place all day, without creasing or fading, but it comes off easily with eye makeup remover. So, not that much different than the other primers I use.
What sets this apart is the color-correcting nature. I have hideous dark circles that will never be perfectly hidden by any product, ever. But this is as close to perfect as I've ever found. It not only holds my makeup in place, but helps create a great nearly-blank canvas to start with.
If I had any complaints, it would be that I feel one click dispenses a bit too much product for one eye. BUT, if you click in the other direction, it draws the excess back in.
This is a really great product! I've been using it for about six months now and it's so effective. It increases the pigmentation of eyeshadows a little and really helps them to stay on. Though a little on the pricey side, it's worth the cash, as you get a lot of product for your money and it lasts a long time (if used how directed on the packaging). The formula never irritated my skin (which is really sensitive) and is super moisturizing, and it feels light and creamy on the lids- not greasy, and is practically invisible on me (though I am incredibly fair). This really is a 5/5 product.
Mary B.
Mary B.
Palmdale, CA
Got a little sample in my Sephora makeup sample bag for being a beauty insider and I actually really like it! I'm considering buying a full size. This is my first real eyelid primer that I've tried, compared to the one I received in my makeup kit from beauty school. This benefit one is really light and creamy and goes gentle on my lids. I absolutely love it, it kept my make on and was still able to blend it while I was putting my makeup on. And by coincidence I tried it on the day I attended an Airshow out in the desert, and my makeup stayed on perfectly.
Alyx D.
Alyx D.
Tinley Park, IL
I hate this stuff. I had a foil packet sample of this and decided to use it today. Big mistake. The consistency is like a thick concealer. It's far too yellow for pale skin. It applied really thickly and was so grossly tacky. It immediately started creasing before I even could apply eyeshadow. It's also really hard to apply to the eyelid evenly. I washed this off as soon as I tried to apply transition. It made the color apply patchy and horrible. Stay away from this. Use concealer instead.
Suze K.
Suze K.
The product is fantastic! I love the priming consistency and that it has SPF in it.... but one thing ( and only thing) i don't like is the packaging.... it takes forever to come out of the stick, and when I'm in a rush, I want my products to be ready to go, not take it's sweet time to come out. benefit needs to change packaging, like a tube or put, not the current one. just a personal opinion and preference.
Brittany K.
Brittany K.
Casa Grande, AZ
I love this primer, as of now it is my go-to product. Unlike the urban decay, this one doesn't have any scents. The urban decay was right off the bat one of the worst products I've purchased and each time I use it I feel like it rips off my skin. But this one is so soft and gentle to the eyes, and I don't think I'll ever have anything bad to say about it! Love the packaging and soft applicator as well.
Christina S.
Christina S.
Tarpon Spgs, FL
I absolutely love this product! Best primer I have ever used! The texture is nice and spreads evenly and it keeps my eyeshadow in place nicely. I have also used it alone with just mascara for an unblemished look. I highly recommend this product for anyone from beginners to experts!

Picture caption "It's a bird! It's a plane! No, look it's Air Patrol to the rescue! Bye bye smudged eyes!"
Nicole W.
Nicole W.
Just love this eyelid primer from Benefit. It helps my eye shadow last all day long, but it also color correct my eyelids. I tend to have blotchy uneven dark colored lids, and this primer helps correct that color as well create a neutral background for my eye shadows, so that they pop. The applicator is a little hard to work with, but otherwise an excellent product!
Sarah C.
Sarah C.
Colleyville, TX
My favorite thing about this eye primer is the applicator. It has a doe foot shaped applicator but it is a super awesome gel like material. It is still firm for a gel but is really comfortable to use and apply the primer with. The primer makes my shadow last all day with minimal wear. It also helps the colors to remain bright and vivid.
Michelle W.
Michelle W.
Hialeah, FL
the primer works well after use with eyeshadow it lasts all day and also makes the shadows look more pigmented. there is room for improvement in the way the packaging is set up the clicks sometimes don't work and then it all comes out at the same time. also , there is no way of knowing when the product is finished with use
Tammy M.
Tammy M.
I see that this primer is about $10 higher than most - wondering if it's worth the higher price - has anyone seen a visible improvement on avoiding that late day greasy crease in the eyelid?
Veronica C.
Veronica C.
I've been looking for a good eyelid primer.... Is this primer good for oily lids?
Lisa I.
Lisa I.
I loved the sample of this but how easy is it to use the full size applicator? It seems like there would be a lot of learning involved in it.
triciaherrity
triciaherrity
Is it worth buying this rather than using the face primer on your lids?
Alex A.
Alex A.
I absolutely love this product but not the price. Is there any knock off brands similar to this that work as well as it does?