Ben & Jerry's® Chunky Monkey

by Ben & Jerry's

Banana Ice Cream with Fudge Chunks & Walnuts

To create a flavor as fun as the name, we monkeyed around with bunches of test batches until we knew we had a winner: the nuttiest chocolatey-chunkiest concoction-gone-bananas you'll ever go ape for.

Cream, Skim Milk, Liquid Sugar (Sugar, Water), Water, Sugar, Bananas, Walnuts, Coconut Oil, Egg Yolks, Cocoa (Processed With Alkali), Cocoa Powder, Lemon Juice Concentrate, Guar Gum, Natural Flavors, Milkfat, Carrageenan, Soy Lecithin, Vanilla Extract.

Anyone know where to get the chunky monkey that is the normal one and not the dairy free one?
Does this have nuts?
Esto es bueno ?
Start your review of Ben & Jerry's® Chunky Monkey!
91701 W good RD
I am a chocoholic and will almost never buy any ice cream with any fruit associated with it but I decided to be open minded with this and give it a shot, so trust me when I say that this stuff is absolutely amazing. I was afraid that it was going to have a very strong banana flavor but it doesnt at all. It doesnt taste like a frozen banana or a banana smoothie or the artificial banana you see in popiscles and candy. Instead, the masterminds created a perfect harmony of sweet cream, vanilla, and banana that keeps it from being boring and the texture is out of this world, better than any soft serve i have ever had with it's creaminess and density. The only reason i am not giving this a 5 stars review is because i didnt care for the walnuts or the fudge chunks
Honolulu, HI
Chunky Monkey will forever be my #1 flavor from Ben & Jerry's!!!! First of all I am Bananas for Bananas so having a Banana Flavored Ice Cream won me over.  Then add in the Fudge Chunks and Walnuts it stole my heart!  I don't care how many flavors Ben & Jerry's has each and every time I go to try something new I end up getting Chunky Monkey it is my definite go to.  If you love bananas and chocolate with walnuts then this is the ice cream for you!
Washington
I absolutely love this Ice cream but I 100% could go without the walnuts, I don't really like those in there, I feel like the walnuts should be replaces with a lot more chocolate chunks. Breyers used to sell a banana ice cream with chocolate chips when I was younger but discontinued it and I was so unhappy! But this one is great, but again, a lot less walnuts or removing them completely would be great.
Elyria, OH
Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey has been my favorite flavor of theirs for many years! All the flavors in it come together so deliciously well! I love bananas, walnuts & fudge are some of my favorite foods to munch on so them being mixed into ice cream is a dream come true! The ice cream itself is so rick, thick and creamy! It is worth every cent! You get great quality ice cream for the retail price :)
Fairmount, IN
This isn't my favorite flavor but it still has something to offer. Ben and Jerry's offers ice cream that is full of large chunks of goodness. My biggest pet peeve with ice cream is when you purchase something with cookies or peanut butter and the ice cream has no chunks of anything and it ends up just being fake flavoring. If you want something real then this is the way to go!
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 2
Ben & Jerry's® Chunky Monkey uploaded by Kayti B.
The base is a banana flavored ice cream that isn't overwhelmingly strong. The pieces of walnuts in it always have a good texture, and really helps to balance the banana. Then there's the chocolate chunks, which are actually chunky! This is my go-to favorite B&J Ice Cream. I love the banana ice cream. It's a bit pricey for a pint of ice cream but worth every penny to try it out!
Chula Vista, CA
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 3
I don't care much for  bananas or nuts in my desserts, but for some reason, I really love this flavor from Ben & Jerry's! The base is a banana flavored ice cream that isn't overwhelmingly strong. The pieces of walnuts in it always have a good texture, and really helps to balance the banana. Then there's the chocolate chunks, which are actually chunky!
Coon Rapids , MN
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 1
Dangerous. I hate the price tag on these little pints but it's worth every penny when the craving hits. If you are a banana and chocolate lover, you can't go wrong with this ice cream. The smooth banana ice cream has the perfect amount of sweetness, the chocolate is melt in your mouth perfect, and the crunch of the nuts is perfection. Its absolutely bananas. 😉
Cincinnati, OH
This ice cream is so good. It's banana flavored ice ccream with big chunks of chocolate and walnut pieces. All flavors in this ice cream are strong not subtle, but they work well together. This is my go to flavor from Ben and Jerry's although all flavors are really good. The price is a little high for ice cream so I only buy this ice cream when I really want banana ice cream.
Bronx, NY
I love the crunch that plays around in this tub. It is absolutely delicious and worth a fight over the tub with a sibling. Compared to other brands, you can actually taste all the flavor and the chocolate and pretzels isn’t stale. It would’ve been 5 star if it didn’t get frozen easily. It takes awhile for it to defrost even under hot water.