BY BEN FRANKLIN #6 in Craft Stores

• The only location in my area is way across town so I have...2 Answers
  • Dow they have good products?1 Answers
  • What are prices like here? Are the planners and supplies ...1 Answers
Ben Franklin Art and Craft Items
  • "They used to be really great about getting what I needed in, I would still stop here but there isn't one here locally where I live now. " in 5 reviews
Kat A.
Lakewood, CO
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I am ALWAYS creating something. I’m always looking for the best quality products at the lowest price. I love that there are ALWAYS coupons. I love all the cute projects that I find each time I shop. I just love this place!!!!
Rachel B.
Sandpoint, ID
I live in a small town and we happen to have a Ben Franklin store, but it's been bought and sold a couple of times, so it's gone through a lot of changes.

What bothers me is that the owners/managers have "squeezed" out a lot of the crafts in lieu of home decor/furnishings, a post office in the back of the store, and a small frame shop.

I go there for craft materials, but when I can't find what I need there anymore, I no longer want to waste my time. It USED to be my go to craft store, but not so much anymore.

It's hard to buy local when your local stores start to try and cater to everyone instead of the niche they've always catered to...the crafters!
Connie F.
Talladega, AL
I enjoyed going out of town to one of our states larger cities and that is where the BF store was. It has been several years since we were close enough to one to be able to go. But I enjoyed shopping there much more that I do any of the major craft stores that we have now. Like HL or Micheals. The prices just seem to be so much better. But the prices of things has changed since that time I suppose. But I do wish that we had a BF close enough forus to enjoy again. Some of the businesses that we have enjoyed in the past will probably stay in the past. Maybe not but had for the businesses to survive.
Rheanna B.
Springfield, VA
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
Whenever I'm looking for some yarn of a hard to find texture or color, or a unique crafting item they are really my go-to place, but the customer service, return policies and such are really extremely terrible. I've just never been impressed with how this store is run from a customer service stand point. I appreciate their military discount, but some employees won't do it. Its tough for me to decide quite how to rate them. Great products, poor execution...
Rachel R.
Cincinnati, OH
This is definitely one of those places, you've either frequented a lot or never heard of. It grew up in small town Midwest. This was out main store next to the only grocery in the area. Thankfully I've had this stor. From fabric, yarn, sewing materials, school supplies, paper products, flowers, wedding odds and ends... Really it's all here. The prices are decent, some things are cheap, other more expensive than they should be, but the selection is great!
Lei M.
Honolulu, HI
Ben Franklin carries a wide selection of craft supplies and you can find everything you need for your child's 3rd grade art project. If you're an intermediate or advanced level painter, weaver, sculptor, etc. you're out of luck. Ben Franklin caters to beginners and kids.

Prices are high. A pack of Fimo clay is over $3 vs. $0.99 (on sale) at JoAnn's. Martha Stewart glitters are $2-$4 more expensive at Ben Franklin than other local craft stores.

The staff is almost always friendly, but when asked if they've tried the products themselves, the answer is almost always "no".
Charlotte L.
Green Pond, SC
I haven't been to one of these stores in years, but the one we had didn't have a huge variety, but I was happy to have it because the only other thing we had was walmart. I'm sure all stores are different but ours was a really dark, old feeling store. the people were great though. I know they must exist elsewhere and likely in a bigger box store format, and they do have a very nice youtube channel to get your creative juices flowin
Amanda A.
Brentwood, CA
I grew up with Ben Franklin being our closest craft store. I loved it. Then came the day that I moved out of my parents house and discovered that Michaels was much cheaper. And only recently have I discovered the true discount that is Hobby Lobby. So while Ben Franklin does have all things crafty, and I will stop in if I have no other options, I will venture elsewhere to get a lower price.
Jessica W.
Moundsville, WV
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I love arts and crafts so naturally I would love this store. Unfortunately the one closest to me recently closed. I loved looking around at everything in there, especially all of the already handmade finished items to buy, but I hardly ever bought anything in there because I felt I could get a better deal on the supplies somewhere else.
Patricia B.
Milwaukee, WI
You never know what you'll find when you enter the store. They have a variety of items and great pricing! Since the closest store to me is an hour away, I only go a couple of times a year and never leave without spending more than I wanted. There's a surprise around every corner. I just wish it was closer!
Karnicsha M.
Las Vegas, NV
What do you like about this the most?
Heather S.
Shalimar, FL
Never heard of it..Where are these stores located?
Makala H.
Does anybody else think this place is expensive?
Jessica C.
Is it a newer chain or have they not expanded much yet?
Denise T.
Milwaukee, WI
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
The only location in my area is way across town so I haven't shopped Ben Franklin in a while. What's their selection like?