BY NONE

The Art of Bellydance" - the exhilaratingly vibrant new show from Miles Copeland's world-acclaimed Bellydance Superstars? was filmed at the famed Shanghai Theater Academy in Shanghai, China. Featuring bold new choreography, exquisite costumes and new production elements, "The Art of Bellydance" builds on the troupe's renowned reputation in highlighting a variety of bellydance styles and unique fusions painting bellydance with a broad palette in a way the world's major stages have never played host to before. cc. see more...

Cioly F.
I'm dancer of Tribal Fusion. I have a lot CD's of Bellydance Superstars, and I love it. But I miss Rachel Brice. The photography on this DVD is first-rate, including close-ups of the dancers so that you see the details of their movements and costuming. All the dances are beautiful, but I especially enjoyed the opening number, in which some of the dancers were using Isis wings. I particularly like Isis wings and thought this group dance was very well-choreographed. Another highlight was when some of the dancers who are usually in the background were featured in short solos with drummer Issam. I thought it was so nice to give these talented dancers a chance for us to see them as soloists, since they are usually dancing in a group choreography. Petite Jamilla is one of my all-time favorite soloists, and she's featured in a multiple-veil dance. Sonia is always dressed in beautiful costumes, and the details showed up well on this DVD. She led a group Polynesian fusion dance as well as being featured in solos. The tribal dancers had new and beautiful costumes, and were featured several times in the show. We miss Rachel, but these dancers do a beautiful presentation of tribal fusion. The Shanghai stage has oriental lanterns hanging from the ceiling, they are lovely and add to the setting, and I'm assuming that they were part of the theater in Shanghai, since we didn't see them when we attended the live show when the Superstars were in Atlanta. If you attended one of the "Art of Bellydance" Superstars shows while they were on tour, you may notice that this recording is different from what you saw. We noticed that a folkloric group line dance that we saw in Atlanta was not included in the Shanghai show. I think they made good choices about re-organizing and editing the show. The music is very good and the sound quality as well as the photography are excellent. I'm recommending this DVD to my tribal fusion dance students.
Meagan S.
Lafayette, LA
Pop Culture Expert
Super fun to follow along with. Helps teach basic moves, refresh knowledge, and pair everything together in a good workout.
Tiffany R.
Staten Island, NY
I love this. its worth the purchase. you can have fun while burning calories and toning your mid section