Beefeater London Dry Gin  uploaded by Lena F.Beefeater London Dry Gin  uploaded by Liny D.

BY BEEFEATER #6 in Gin

Beefeater is the only London Dry Gin that is made in London. Beefeater’s secret recipe is unchanged since 1820, and is now available nationally in its new contemporary bottle see more...

• Is this a good brand of gin?2 Answers
  • What do you mix with this3 Answers
  • See, I'm sure it's a great gin, but I can't get past how dry it i...1 Answers
Misty S.
Misty S.
Gastonia, NC
In the words of Brent Spiner, the ever-loved Data from Star Trek: the Next Generation (yes, I'm a nerd) : Beefeater is the ONLY gin. I tend to agree, especially when mixing this to make a lovely martini with three olives, as the gods command. Very juniper-y, but isn't that the point of Gin? I have a theory that because it smells like Pine-Sol, people think it's actually cleaning their insides. Maybe not exactly true, but after three martinis, you won't care that you smell like a pine-fresh brothel. A+
Andrea M.
Andrea M.
Long Beach , CA
When it some to gin, it’s usual reputation. For taste is quite bitter. But when I was given this bottle as a gift because they didn’t like gin, my bf and I took it in and gave it a shot. To our surprise it was very good! The gin was a lot smoother to drink. It definitely had less of a harsh reaction to it when taking a little sip of it straight. But when you mix it in with other ingredients to make a cocktail of some kind it blended in quite nice!
Sade C.
Sade C.
W Lafayette, IN
This drink was very very smooth going down my throat. I didn't have to have any kind of chaser and normally with Gin I need a chaser but I didn't with this brand. I bought it from CVS store which was really convenient because I shopped for household items and was able to get my alcohol as well instead of going to two stores. I buy this particular brand of alcohol on a consistent basis. I really do love this brand and it's very affordable!
Brandi B.
Brandi B.
Dunbar, PA
I have tried many rums, but this one just doesn't sit well with me (or maybe it's my stomach LOL).The quality is pretty good, it's just an off taste to me than the normal rum go to's I have. I wouldn't buy it again, unless I had to. It makes me sick, and I just hate this taste. It could be because it's more dry, but all I know is I rate this one of the lower rums. Not my "go to run".
Jennifer J.
Jennifer J.
Fountain, CO
Beefeater London Dry Gin is a soft tasting Gin with just a tiny amount of bitterness to it.  The Juniper flavor is not overpowering and the light flavors of orange and lemon are present in a pleasant way.  This is a fantastic gin to mix with a variety of different flavors (grapefruit juice, orange juice, mixes... etc).  I will purchase this gin again and I recommend.
Katie S.
Katie S.
There isn't much else you could want out of a classic gin. It's the basic classic, and if it's not in your bar already, you better head to the liquor store right now. It's not cheap because it isn't a rail liquor. It's a name brand that has a smoother better taste than the $5 bottles of gin of your early college years. Do yourself a favor and invest. You won't be disappointed.
Caitlin A.
Caitlin A.
Norfolk, VA
Beefeater London Dry Gin is one of the most top-notch gins out there.  It has light bodied taste, with bold flavor - while also not overwhelming the palette and stinging or burning as some other gins do.  It is a mid-range price, but worth it if you are a fan of perfect G&T's.  It it currently my go-to gin, and we always have a bottle stocked in our bar!
Lina D.
Lina D.
Minneapolis, MN
Dry, but not TOO dry. I've come to use Beefeater as my 'rail' gin for both myself and guests. Doesn't have nearly the aftertaste or aroma of standard bar gins, and I submit that any gin that is artificially colored isn't real gin. I'm a classic Tom Collins or Hurricane girl, and even friends who say they don't like gin will still share or steal my Beefeater cocktails.
Jaime G.
Jaime G.
Davie, FL
 was actually my grandmother's go-to to gin for YEARS!  She always had a bottle in her bar and at least a 6-pack of tonic bottles in the event of an emergency need to be a hostess!  When I started drinking G&T's, this was the gin that I kept on hand for my bar - partly as an homage to Grandma and partly because it was reasonably priced and paired well with cocktails!
Stephanie S.
Stephanie S.
Hazel Park, MI
a pretty textbook gin, classic with the seville orange, heavy juniper, a lemony-orangy coriander complimenting the peel. definitely enough juniper. the angelica root ties it together in a romance that is Gin. hints of licorice, almond, orris. Able to be enjoyed all night.
it is aromatic, consistent, and i haven't found anywhere that doesn't sell it so readily available.
Jamie D.
Jamie D.
Potosi, WI
What do you mix with this
Christina A.
Christina A.
Las Vegas, NV
Is this a good brand of gin?
Samantha T.
Samantha T.
See, I'm sure it's a great gin, but I can't get past how dry it is. Gin is definitely not my drink lol