BY BED HEAD

Banish brassy and yellow tones to enhance vibrant, bright, brilliant blonde. This specially-formulated shampoo is powered by violet toners to banish brassiness and brighten blonde hair, while cleansers and conditioners help refresh, detangle and control frizz.

About the product:

• For blonde hair
  • Purple toning pigments help to increase cool tones and banish yellow and brassy tones in blonde hair
  • Improves blonde vibrancy and adds shine
  • Hair looks and feels smooth and soft with reduced flyways and friz
  • To be used once a week
  • Colour safe
  • Fragrance: Tropical Twist

How to Use: Use as necessary to help correct brassy tones. Leave in for 1-10 minutes depending on the level of brassiness. Follow with DUMB BLONDE™ Reconstructor Conditioner.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua/Eau), Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, Nonfat Dry Milk (Sine Adipe Lac/Poudre de lait écrémé), Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Germ Oil, Hydrolyzed Pearl, Carbomer, Coconut Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Dimethiconol, Polyquaternium-10, PPG-9, Laureth-4, Disodium EDTA, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Amodimethicone, Laureth-23, Sodium Benzoate, Lactic Acid, Citric Acid, PEG-45M, Magnesium Nitrate, Cetrimonium Chloride, Isopropyl Alcohol, Sodium Acetate, Trideceth-12, Potassium Chloride, Silica, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Magnesium Chloride, Methylisothiazolinone, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Ext. Violet 2 (CI 60730), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

• I have strawberry blonde hair will this tone down some of...1 Answers
  • I've been looking for a new purple shampoo to keep my pla...1 Answers
  • How will this shampoo react with darker blonde tones? Doe...2 Answers
Claudia D.
I loved this purple toning shampoo! Compared to others on the market, this product really delivers. My honey and caramel highlights were less yellow and more blended after using this once a week and leaving it in about 5 minutes. It smells pretty good too for a toning shampoo and it doesn’t totally dry out my hair when used with a good conditioner afterwards. I would definitely recommend this product over other more expensive brands for the results I got!
Diana G.
Pittsford, NY
I’ve used a couple of different high-end salon products like this one - shampoo formulated with violet / purple tones to neutralize brassy color in bleached-blonde hair, and this product by Bed Head is by far my favorite !

I’ve never been disappointed with any of Bed Head’s hair products, and this Purple Toning Shampoo is no exception. As is to be expected with Bed Head’s (notoriously colorful) packaging, this bottle of shampoo can be easily located on the shelf by its gorgeous, eye-catching shade of dark purple.

Compared to other competing purple toning shampoo products I’ve tried, I love Bed Head’s product for a few reasons: flexibility in usage, texture/scent, and of course, results ! Other products limited your “recommended” use to a few times per week - which is fine, but it made me feel a bit restricted as to when I could use it, and almost made me worry a bit that I might accidentally use it too often and end up with purple hair! Bed Head clearly notes that you can use it as much as you like, to achieve brighter shades of blonde, with less brassy-ness. It also recommends applying the shampoo for “1-10 minutes” then rinsing. I like that advice, and it has helped me use it more effectively : right after bleaching, I’ll leave it on 10 minutes, but the week after, I might only leave the shampoo in for 1-2 minutes.

As you may expect, the shampoo is a lovely purple color, and it has a great fragrance! The other competing products I’ve tried had slightly less appealing scents - nothing completely revolting, but I still think it makes a difference - and in this case, it’s another vote in favor of Bed Head!

Finally, the results from using this product were the most dramatic and intense, among all the purple toning shampoos I’ve tried. The others took my hair a shade lighter, and did resolve some of the brassy tones, but not all of them. With Bed Head’s shampoo, I saw a remarkable difference in the tone of my blonde after one use, and only further improvement with each subsequent application. It’s a 10/10 product for sure !

I lucked out to find this product in the bath/beauty section of my local Marshall’s store, and I definitely snagged it for way less than MSRP. For that reason, I’d highly recommend checking out Marshall’s & TJ Maxx before you shell out full retail price for this shampoo anywhere else !
EMMA C.
Pittsburgh, PA
The best purple shampoo you can buy! I bought this because it was one of the only purple shampoos I could find that had no sulfates, silicones, or parabens in it. I am so glad I found it! It smells amazing and my hair is the prettiest blonde I’ve ever had because I’m using this! I use it once a week and thats all you need! 10/10 would recommend you will not regret this shampoo!
Chelsea J.
Caledonia, MI
I have dirty blonde hair with platinum highlights. This product does a fabulous job of keeping my locks bright and ashy. The dark purple shampoo in this bottle not only brightens blonde hair it conditions and adds a bounce to the strands without the use of conditioner or leave in oil after washing. My hair is down to my chest and the bottle has lasted me for 4 months so far with half left. I only use it every other wash which is about 2 times a week. The process is simple. You make sure all of your hair is lathered in the purple suds and leave it in for approximately 10 minutes and wash it out. Sometimes I do it in the shower, sometimes in the bath, and others in a cap walking around the house. Highly recommend!
Julianna F.
Cherry Hill, NJ
Purple shampoo is something I have in my hair routine. I need it to maintain my platinum blonde locks. I have tried many brands for purple shampoo that you can get in stores. This one keeps my hair feeling soft hydrated and smells very good.
Meghin S.
Shafter, CA
I use this Bed Head Dumb Blonde™ Purple Toning Shampoo because I’m bleached blonde, and I have had orange issues... and no blonde wants to hear the word orange. It corrects it and I love it... all blondes should give it a try!
Alicia G.
Provo , UT
Honestly, I give it 3 stars just because the smell is very good. I love Bed Head products specially hair conditioners for dry hair, but this shampoo is not working on me. I needed to put a lot of quantity to make foam in my hair and even after this I did not feel my hair clean. About the color, I did not see results so I opted to use a purple conditioner and regular shampoo. As I said, I love Bed Head but this shampoo disappointed me.
Amanda M.
Houghton, MI
Smelled good, but did little to nothing to tone my hair. I tried it because I wasn’t a fan of shimmer lights smell, but this made my hair feel drier and seemed to strip my color faster, too. Didn’t help fight my brassiness, much if at all.
Kris M.
Sunland, CA
I adore this stuff! I’m a swimmer so I’m constantly worried about chlorine ruining my color or making it brassy. This shampoo keeps me as platinum as I wanna be! It’s a godsend!
Tori R.
Louisville Kentucky
Honestly my favorite stuff. It helps keep my hair so light and shiny! Probably the best shampoo i’ve used to help keep up with my damaged hair, lathers great, feels good. The smell is a little... weird?
Chastity M.
Lake Worth, FL
Does this really work because I've been looking for purple shampoo for my blonde highlights ..?🤔
Natasha C.
Where could you get this product at a Sally's? Or drugstore?
Lecia E.
Do you need recommend using a purple toning conditioner with this product as well? Or a conditioner for dry/color treated hair? Also, how often do you use this? Ever shampoo or once a week? I have an appointment to get my hair dyed blonde with platinum highlights in a week and I want the best products/routine to keep it looking amazing and healthy. Thanks!!
Katelyn S.
Brookhaven, GA
How many washes does it take to notice a difference?
Brianna B.
St, NL
Does this shampoo come with the risk of turning very blonde hair purple? I’ve used purple shampoos in the past and unfortunately had my hair tinted purple for weeks! I’ll looking for something to take out brassiness, but isn’t too powerful.