BY BED BATH & BEYOND #2 in Home Stores

• Bed Bath & Beyond I love the blankets and pillows here wbu?4 Answers
  • Who else loves this place??3 Answers
  • In this economy who can actually afford to shop here? 32 Answers
Kristy R.
This store is so much fun to wander around in because you never know what you're going to find. I'd say I typically spend about an hour per visit. I always walk out of there with at least a couple things that weren't on my list of things to buy! I love the selection and variety of items they carry and you can always find something you need, whether you realized you needed it or not lol. The staff are always friendly, helpful, and make shopping there a pleasant experience. They even make it easy to go online and place a pick up order. You go ahead and pay online, then just go to the customer service desk located right inside the entrance and pick up your order. I just wish they hadn't changed their coupon policy. As everyone knows, they frequently send their ad booklet in the mail and it always has a coupon located on the back page. It used to be that those coupons didn't expire so you could hoard them up and always have a coupon to use when shopping there. Apparently they got tired of people constantly using coupons so they started putting an expiration date on them. If you're lucky though, a lot of stores will still accept recently expired coupons so if you live close to a store that does this then you're in luck!
Kimberly d.
Hayward, CA
Bed Bath and Beyond carries a wide range of home goods, so I've come here for specialty products like extra long shower curtains. Because our home has high ceilings and the our shower rod up is very high up, this is the only store we can find that type of shower curtain.

They are big on coupons, but their normal prices are higher than what I would pay for the same thing at Target. One tip is to get their moving coupons when you change your address with the Post Office.

Today, I had a very poor experience returning two pricey Simplehuman trash cans. I had purchased the trash cans online, and when they arrived, they seemed poor quality and impossible to assemble. I looked up their return policy on the company site, and it loudly states "Easy returns" and all you have to do is bring the items with the receipt to the store or ship it back.

I brought the large trash cans and receipt to the San Leandro store, and started the return process. The clerk asked for the credit card I purchased it on, and I let her know that I didn't have it with me. I didn't think it was needed since I just wanted the money refunded to my card on file for the online purchase, and the return policy asked only for the receipt. The clerk flatly said she would not try to proceed with the return and I needed to come back later when I had the credit card with me. I went home, got my credit card and called up the Bed Bath and Beyond customer service number. The kind phone rep apologized about the rejected return, but said although the website says "easy returns with receipt only," it is up to the manager's discretion if they need more from you. When I did go back to the store, this time the store manager assisted me and I let her know I wasted 45 minutes driving back home to get my credit card and would appreciate a consistent return policy. When she told me the credit card was not needed for the return and it was an employee training issue, it was another disappointment!

I am done shopping at Bed Bath and Beyond, and I'm taking my business to Target and Amazon.
Kristy G.
Greenacres, FL
I could spend my entire life savings in Bed Bath & Beyond. Now that I live without my parents, in my own apartment with my own family; interior design has become something of major importance. Its what makes it yours and not just a space to live in. From comforter sets to frying pans, I buy everything here. The store is large, organized, and has literally everything you need from home decor down to the welcome mats. They also have the best Yankee Candle desplay I think I have ever seen. I am obsessed with Yankee Candles and stand there smelling and tossing them (gently) into the cart untill my husband has to pull me away. They obviously take time and effort into selecting and training their staff members because no matter what location I go to, they are always knowledgable & friendly. I HATE when I am in a store and I ask an associate where an item is and the answer is 'im not sure'.... That never happens at Bed Bath & Beyond. I decorated my whole apartment at this store and I can guarantee I'll never go anywhere else for my home good needs.
paige w.
I love bath and body works! They have great scents and products (I prefer the White Barn line, but that’s just a personal thing). I know he soap dries some peoples hands out, but I don’t have this problem. I am in love with the “Mint” candle from their White Barn line (give it a smell), and think they make good lotions, too. They are a little expensive, but it’s worth it for a good product. (Tip: sign up for their mailing list and they will send you coupons, sometimes ones that will give you free products, no catch). Also, they have been extending their product line, making face masks and other skincare products (let me know how those are).
Assata R.
The coupons never expire. Do I need to say it again? THE COUPONS DON’T EXPIRE! I find that many people still don’t know this. As I understand it, this doesn’t apply to emailed coupons but those coupons that come in the (snail) mail to your home are good past the expiration date. I’ve noticed lately that the coupons have been for $10 off of $30 instead of $5 off of $15 but that doesn’t matter. I usually end up spending $30+ anyway.

If you’re a natural hair care girl, buy your products here. Sometimes BBB has Shea Moisture products on sale (or they’ll have a gift card deal), you can use manufacturers coupons, and BBB store coupons, AND if the product doesn’t work for you, you can return it (with the receipt, of course). BBB is one of my favorite places to shop!
Janira H.
Brooklyn, NY
Bed bath and beyond is great for home essentials and drugstore makeup, recently I have noticed that they no longer offer competitive pricing on the drugstore makeup though. As far as home goods go, they carry many essentials and their online store carries harder to find items. Their prices are on the higher side but if you sign up for their promotions, they send out a 20% off of one item coupon about twice monthly. I have yet to bump into any exclusion issues with their coupons so that's a plus. I recommend it, but prices can be better, I will still be using them for my bridal shower because I know that a lot of my friends like to shop here.
Angela W.
Hendersonvlle, NC
Bed, bath and beyond is a great place. They have such a variety of products to choose from that if they had food they could be your next Walmart. They have any product you could possibly think of from a sink plug to a float for a pool or a towel. The cashiers are very nice and the people around the store help you out if you need to find something.overall the store is great and I’d recommend it to anyone!
April H.
Pensacola , FL
I have been obsessed with Bath & Body Works since I was a kid!! This company has been around for years so that says something in itself. Their scents are long lasting and the oils in the products leave your skin soft. On top of body/skincare products they also have candles and home scents!! B&BW’s is always having sales and sending out discount coupons. Hands down my fav store for home scents and body care. I love that I can exchange scents even if it’s been used. Also, if your wallflower plug ever stops working you can bring it in and replace it for free!!! Awesome company.
Alexis M.
My husband forbids me from shopping at Bed Bath & Beyond unsupervised and when he is with me he sets a time limit! I could spend hours in store or online going through the huge inventory. I had my house warming registry here as well as my wedding registry and both times I put entirely too many items because I just kept seeing things that I loved and had to have. They always have the best “as seen on tv” items and I have never been disappointed or unsatifisied with an item purchased because it was defective or poorly made.
Laura H.
Biloxi, MS
While bed Bath and beyond does have the absolute cutest bathroom sets and bedroom sets, the prices sometimes get me when I know I can find something similar else where. However I can’t always find the quality or as good of matching sets that I can find there. Also I love finding little gadgets every now and then but I didn’t think would be in there. They do always seem to have the latest designs trending. Not to mention they have one of the biggest varieties to choose from then most stores that sell those products.
Melissa D.
Do they have a clearance section? If so, do you ever find good deals?
Amanda W.
Kansas City, MO
What is your favorite section of the store to shop in?
Brittany J.
Henderson, NV
In this economy who can actually afford to shop here?
Laura R.
Decorator Expert Level 2
I bought a vanity and at the bottom was a weird drawing of a woman and something written in another language. i translated on google and it meant "already mine". two days later the thing broke down. Anyone buy a vanity with the same weird problem?
Kati B.
Augusta, GA
Does anyone think this store has overpriced products?