Becoming

by Michelle Obama

An intimate, powerful, and inspiring memoir by the former First Lady of the United States

In a life filled with meaning and accomplishment, Michelle Obama has emerged as one of the most iconic and compelling women of our era. As First Lady of the United States of America—the first African-American to serve in that role—she helped create the most welcoming and inclusive White House in history, while also establishing herself as a powerful advocate for women and girls in the U.S. and around the world, dramatically changing the ways that families pursue healthier and more active lives, and standing with her husband as he led America through some of its most harrowing moments. Along the way, she showed us a few dance moves, crushed Carpool Karaoke, and raised two down-to-earth daughters under an unforgiving media glare.

In her memoir, a work of deep reflection and mesmerizing storytelling, Michelle Obama invites readers into her world, chronicling the experiences that have shaped her—from her childhood on the South Side of Chicago to her years as an executive balancing the demands of motherhood and work, to her time spent at the world’s most famous address. With unerring honesty and lively wit, she describes her triumphs and her disappointments, both public and private, telling her full story as she has lived it—in her own words and on her own terms. Warm, wise, and revelatory, Becoming is the deeply personal reckoning of a woman of soul and substance who has steadily defied expectations—and whose story inspires us to do the same.

Any one know where to find this for cheap? I am dying to read it!
Here's my current reading list. Two were gifts and two were impulse buys. 😅 What is currently on your reading list? #bookworm #burnthemidnightoil #reading Becoming [product:zero-k-(hardcover)] [product:i-am-malala:-the-girl-who-stood-up-for-education-and-was-shot-by-the-taliban] [product:three-daughters-of-eve,-9780241288047]
I bought this book as soon as it was released but have yet to read it...🙄 Is it a good read?
Start your review of Becoming!
Hinckley, IL
The book that I actually bought was Michelle Obama Becoming. This book is a everyday journal that ask you questions on your life. The questions make you think. They're not the average question like what color you like. The questions are in depth. The questions sent me down a road of improvement. Everyday I found myself learning something new about me. I love this book , journal and would recommend to everyone
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Unlike most autobiographies, Ms. Obama opens, her heart, her fears, her worries, but mostly her hopes for her family, country and world. While most political memoirs detail behind-the-scene, make-or-break deals, this book details the impact smaller actions can have on the local level. A very useful and timely reminder for those overwhelmed by the daily scourge of bad news.
I love this book! Wanted to read for a long time now finally have time lol. Interesting story of interesting woman. Makes you think, feel and analyze how we make right/bad choices. I think it’s a good read for anyone who is interested in someone else experience and wants to adopt something for themselves.
Garland,TX
Becoming uploaded by Nicco M.
I finally bought this book after I bought it for my moms birthday as a gift and it has started out with a bang! I love women empowerment and learning about her journey! Gives you a different look of what goes on into the presidential family lives before, during, and after office. Can’t wait to finish!
Sanford, FL
I was skeptical about this read at first, but it was a book club selection and I couldn’t have loved it more. So insightful and provides a great perspective into Michelle’s life. I loved how raw and real the stories were and how she painted a picture that wasn’t always roses and butterflies. Highly recommend!
Shelton, CT
Becoming uploaded by Jeneel N.
One of the most influential and motivating book I’ve ever read. Very good I might add. This was a true memoir and I absolutely loved the truth of it all. Michelle has and will always be a role model to me. If you haven’t read this yet. Do it now Becoming
Scottsdale, AZ
I love her positive outlook on everything! She is such an incredible inspiration and motivational woman! Her love for her family is beautiful and I enjoyed getting a look into her younger years! Definitely recommend!
Westland, MI
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Este libro me encantó, se ha convertido en parte de mi lista de favoritos del año. Lo adquirí como un regalo de uno de mis compañeros de trabajo, y no ha habido mejor regalo que un buen libro. Lo recomiendo.
Pawtucket , RI
The book “Becoming” by Michelle Obama is such a great book. She details her upbringing and what made her the incredible woman she’s become. It’s incredibly inspirational and uplifting. I highly recommend this book.
Tucson, AZ
Becoming uploaded by Bertha C.
This book was gifted to me and I absolutely love it. I love writing my thoughts and feelings. Who knew it would be so easy to keep a journal. And to have words to encourage you. Thank you. M.O.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
7 months ago