Becoming

by Michelle Obama

An intimate, powerful, and inspiring memoir by the former First Lady of the United States

In a life filled with meaning and accomplishment, Michelle Obama has emerged as one of the most iconic and compelling women of our era. As First Lady of the United States of America—the first African-American to serve in that role—she helped create the most welcoming and inclusive White House in history, while also establishing herself as a powerful advocate for women and girls in the U.S. and around the world, dramatically changing the ways that families pursue healthier and more active lives, and standing with her husband as he led America through some of its most harrowing moments. Along the way, she showed us a few dance moves, crushed Carpool Karaoke, and raised two down-to-earth daughters under an unforgiving media glare.

In her memoir, a work of deep reflection and mesmerizing storytelling, Michelle Obama invites readers into her world, chronicling the experiences that have shaped her—from her childhood on the South Side of Chicago to her years as an executive balancing the demands of motherhood and work, to her time spent at the world’s most famous address. With unerring honesty and lively wit, she describes her triumphs and her disappointments, both public and private, telling her full story as she has lived it—in her own words and on her own terms. Warm, wise, and revelatory, Becoming is the deeply personal reckoning of a woman of soul and substance who has steadily defied expectations—and whose story inspires us to do the same.

Any one know where to find this for cheap? I am dying to read it!
Here's my current reading list. Two were gifts and two were impulse buys. 😅 What is currently on your reading list? #bookworm #burnthemidnightoil #reading Becoming [product:zero-k-(hardcover)] [product:i-am-malala:-the-girl-who-stood-up-for-education-and-was-shot-by-the-taliban] [product:three-daughters-of-eve,-9780241288047]
I bought this book as soon as it was released but have yet to read it...🙄 Is it a good read?
Start your review of Becoming!
Flagstaff
I love this book!!! There’s so much positive energy inside, so many layers of information. Family supporting, career pursuing, and building her own family... This book is a guide for me to become a better person as well. I especially love “ everyone on earth, they’d tell us, was carrying around an unseen history, and that alone deserved some tolerance.” Respectful attitude is what we needed to build an harmonious society. This is the book that worth to read couple more times
Texas
All I can say is Wow..I couldn't put this book down she's such a down to earth Lady and classy I went back and purchase two more copies for my daughters Good storyline and very interesting lifestyle its a must read for all women I recommend this book.
Orlando, FL
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Michelle Obama is one of my biggest role models. She has such elegance and grace but she's still real and her writing really reflected that. I definitely recommend it on audio book, she reads it herself. It feels so personal and it's definitely quite long, about 20 hours but I'd read it again and again.
Crystal
An incredible book. Michelle Obama is able to connect directly with the reader and to share her experience in a way that allows you to identify with her, no matter how different your own life. Her honest and heartfelt approach to telling her life story is absolutely worth your time.
Memphis, TN
Bookworm Expert Level 3
1,117 reviews
Becoming uploaded by Semaria S.
Finished this earlier this year. I absolutely live Michelle. She was so very transparent in this novel. Reading allowed a glimpse into the journey from childhood to the oval office.
Cascade, IA
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Great book. I read it this summer while tanning and it was sooo interesting and inspiring. It was decently priced at Barnes and Noble. Great storyline and plot. I recommend. Truly inspiring
Becoming uploaded by jay2realrob R.
I loved this book because it gave us another glimpse into the women Michelle Obama is i didn't have a favorite character I loved how she shared even down to the small things her goals and childhood I believe it's a must read because it's a good book she's a great writer and it shows in her work #bookworm
Scottsdale, AZ
I love her positive outlook on everything! She is such an incredible inspiration and motivational woman! Her love for her family is beautiful and I enjoyed getting a look into her younger years! Definitely recommend!
Becoming uploaded by Brooke L.
This book was amazing. It took me a while to finish with me working and being in school, but it was excellent. I love how Michelle takes us on a journey and how she looks back at where came from and uses it to reflect on how she is now. Although this was a biography, I also viewed this as a motivational book as well. After reading this, I felt more compelled to work hard and to achieve my dreams and not to feel defeated by my downfalls but to embrace them and use them to make me stronger.
Hartford
This book was gifted to me by the organization that empowers women professionally, which I intern for. This book is one that I will gift too, to my daughters, should I ever have any. This book is bursting at the seams with life lessons and advice to soothe any aspiring heart. This memoir explains overcoming adversity, nurturing tenacity, and inspiration. This is the best book I have ever read, and being an avid reader this is a hefty claim. This book will surely be one I read over and over. So beautifully well written, and can be related to by all women aspiring to become a better version of themselves.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Miami , FL