BY BECCA #61 in Face Primer

A liquid-to-powder blurring primer that instantly vanishes the appearance of pores, fine lines and imperfections. The feather-light formula leaves skin porcelain smooth with an airbrushed finish. This is your holy grail primer – not only does your makeup look better, it lasts longer.

• I got a survey for this, I hope I'm in.1 Answers
  • I really want to try this product but I'm trying to figur...1 Answers
  • Is the product good for dry skin?2 Answers
BECCA Velvet Blurring Primer Perfecting Base
  • "i got it for free from influenster and i keep using it, it’s great for my skin which sometimes is oily and sometimes is dry. the final texture is great and the color is perfect for my skin and it smells good." in 107 reviews
Megan M.
Oak Ridge
This is my biggest disappointment of the cosmetics year so far. I had wanted to buy this so many times but for 40 dollars, I kept hesitating. I read so many positive reviews and love a great blurring primer but already use lancome and urban decay so I was having a difficult time justifying spending money for it. Well want overruled common sense and I bought it. Once home, I opened it up. It is packaged in a sleek modern looking bottle that has a shiny chrome pump dispenser top to it. Instructions told me to shake well before use and I did. I went to dispense the primer and it was not what I expected. It was a runny thin apricot colored liquid that no matter how shaken up it was, the primer stayed a thin liquid. That made it hard to apply to my face I felt because I had trouble getting it to stay evenly in place and not run. Once I did get it applied and looked in mirror, I couldn't see this amazing blur everyone raves about. Optical illusion by urban decay that blurs to a flawless finish before even Begin to apply your makeup. It hides all imperfections and uneven tone, I didn't get that from this primer. And I'm not knocking Becca primer, I love the Illuminating primer and it's a great primer but this blurring primer wasn't for me. I never even wore it out, I returned it the next day and am glad I tried it so I can move on to a new product obsession
Violeta V.
The liquid to powder does feel strange, as suggested in the other reviews. I tried it with three different high-end foundations, and my general thought is the skin needs to start out flawless. Not just clean, but freshly exfoliated, moisturized and then let rest. It doesn't seem to like buildable, liquidy or powder foundation. If you can find the magic combination of moisturizer, concealer, and foundation it agrees with, it can and will look beautiful. But it will make you work for it. If you don't prep your skin, it can make your foundation cling on to places or look patchy--especially in the nose area. Not a great look btw. Honestly, I think there are better primers out there but I won't stop using it. Remember to prep your skin and you'll be fine. Do not mix with other primers, trust me. I received this complimentary product from Influenster.
Yissel C.
Bronx, NY
The Becca Velvet Primer is by far one of the most unique primers I've ever experienced. The Becca website claims that this primer has a liquid to powder texture which leaves a porcelain smooth airbrush skin finish. What caught my attention was that the liquid had a sort of tint to it as oppose to gel or clear substance. When first applying it didn't feel as though there was a change but when working it into the skin and giving it a couple minutes to settle it started to feel powdery smooth. On the fingers it started to rub off not a very comforting feeling on the hands. Immediately had to wash them afterwards but it claims to be light weight. It definitely feels like product is on the surface. This primer fills the pores, I tested it on a lemon and saw the primer filling it in. Being that I have normal to dry skin this product doesn't really hydrate my face the way I would like to before applying my foundation. This primer may be perfect for anyone with an oily skin texture. Influenster gave me the wonderful opportunity to test this product complimentary and I am extremely appreciative! BECCA Velvet Blurring Primer Perfecting BaseSmashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
Alejandra C.
I found this product to give a veil type of blurring filter to my skin which looks really nice, however for MY skin type (combo-oily) I found that the blurring effect was not long lasting. The Velvet Blurring Primer claims to make your makeup last longer however it lasts maximum 2-3 hours on its own. This primer claimed to be a feather light formula that leaves the skin feeling smooth. I agree with that! I loved that it was not heavy on my skin and made me confident in that I would not break out with this product. The blurring filter makes your skin feel really soft but I could still see my pores. I give this a low rating because I felt that because it sets to a powder finish my foundations did not sit well on the skin. It almost made it look like I've never in my life exfoliated my cheeks! That was the killer. Note that when I used my foundation it did seem to do better with the longevity of keeping the oils at bay. Granted I use matte formulas due to my oily nature. I think that this would work very well on those with normal skin type and those who like powder foundations. These are my opinions on the product and I hope that you find this review helpful. For a more extensive review follow my Instagram account @ExquisiteGlow. Im working on relaunching a blog and will announce my posts there. Thanks! XOXO
Ronia C.
Birmingham, AL
I recently received this product complimentary for testing and review purposes. I have really large pores and textured Skin So this product had a lot to go up against. I am a fan of Becca products in general and use the foundation regularly. The packaging is similar to the foundation products in the cylinder tube with a pump dispenser. Definitely shake the product well before you pump it out because it could be too runny. The consistency is less thick than foundation and definitely not a gel primer consistency. It comes out in a peach tint but melts into the skin with no hue - I am caramel brown skinned with warm undertones. I did take before and after pictures and noticed that my pores were less prominent after applying the product, not sure if I'm making that up in my head. My Foundation lay on top of it beautifully and I had a good 6 hour wear out of it before getting shiney. I was satisfied with this product just as I am with my regular go to primer of a similar caliber to Becca brand. I will rotate this out with my other primer!
Stephanie W.
Cherry Hill, NJ
I heard only amazing things about this primer but I had so many issues with mine. First, mine came without a pump attached inside and I didn’t realize that it wasn’t normal. Then, I used this as a base for some of my more liquidy foundations and my foundations and concealers just SAT on top of my
Skin and would not stick to my skin at all. The only thing I like about this is how it feels on my skin- velvety and soft- and it does work well with stick foundations. However, I don’t like how I can’t use it with all my foundations and the missing pump was also a huge issue that I am annoyed about.
Jasmine B.
I did not realize that this was an apricot colored primer until after I bought it.  Fortunately, it dries to a translucent finish within seconds.  This is not a primer that you should pair with any other primers.  It's watery compared to the  BECCA Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector™ .  Since it blurs pores, the finish is soft and powdery which provides the best canvas for applying foundation.  I have only used it for liquid foundations and it has not seeped into my pores.  It left an oil free finish for about 6 hours.  I'll be trying it with powder and stick foundation next.
Sarah M.
South Bend, IN
I like this blurring primer by Becca a lot! It reminds me so much of the Hourglass Ambient lighting primer that I have (in luminous light). It gives you a velvet finish and a flawless look. It tones down my shine but still leaves a glow (how?!) it's really lovely! I wish the drying time wasn't so fast, it makes his a little harder to work with. Using a dampened beauty blender solves this, though. It has a peachy pink tone that helps to brighten your complexion. I feel like my makeup does last longer with his primer because it helps control my oil. I don't need to use much powder with this primer, it any. That's a huge plus because sometimes powder makes me feel dry and takes away the glow that love.
Kelly B.
Gainesville, FL
I received the velvet blurring primer as complimentary gift and was instantly super excited! I had been on the hunt for a mattifying primer for a while and I'm very happy with this one! I have VERY oily skin and this seems to really help reduced the shine throughout the day. Right when you put it on, all of your oil literally disappears completely. The result is a super even and velvety smooth application that actually prolongs the wear of your foundation. I've worn it with several different foundations and I'm very happy with how it works across the board. I definitely would not recommend this to someone with dry skin, however, All in all, I love it and will definitely repurchase it when I run out!
Julia Z.
Tucson, AZ
First off I want to say I am VERY picky about my primers and this one is one of the best I've tried! I love how thin and light the formula is! It definitely helped smooth out my pores (usually heavier primers accentuate my pores so this formula worked great for mine!) and the biggest thing I noticed is it controlled my oil! I am usually a grease ball however this Primer cut my grease level at the end of the day in half! If you have dryer skin or patches I recommend just focusing it on your T zone (forehead, nose, chin)! Also love the packaging! I did receive this product complimentary for review purposes however all opinions are completely my own!
Maya M.
sounds amazing for oily skin!! can anyone confirm?
Celeste K.
Jackson , TN
Can anyone tell me how well this works. Is it worth the money
chandra a.
fife, WA
Can someone help a sista out with what exactly "liquid to powder" means?? lol
Lillian R.
Orange Park, FL
I am in search of the perfect primer for me. Is BECCA Velvet Blurring Primer Perfecting Base perfect for sensitive and rosacea skin likes mine? Thanks
kristy w.
Holly Springs, MS
does this control oil as good as the BECCA Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector™