BECCA Velvet Blurring Primer Perfecting Base

A liquid-to-powder blurring primer that instantly vanishes the appearance of pores, fine lines and imperfections. The feather-light formula leaves skin porcelain smooth with an airbrushed finish. This is your holy grail primer – not only does your makeup look better, it lasts longer.

Does it really have a blurring affect on your face ?
Does this dry out your skin? I love Becca but I need some moisture and something to hide my pores!
I am wondering if anyone has had any issues with this product clumping up after a moisturizer? I have attempted to use this multiple times, but cannot figure out why it won’t adhere to my skin.
Start your review of BECCA Velvet Blurring Primer Perfecting Base!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“i got it for free from influenster and i keep using it, it’s great for my skin which sometimes is oily and sometimes is dry. the final texture is great and the color is perfect for my skin and it smells good.” in 107 reviews
Purchased at: ULTA
This primer didn’t do much. It did blur out my skin, but also made my makeup on top look dry. I’m not sure if it extended the wear of my makeup either. It’s a very watery consistency, which is different for a blurring product, but it’s not something I will miss once I’m done with it.
Dry, Combination / Redness, Sensitivity
CA
Purchased at: ULTA
This product is good but it’s kind of watery when you first pump it and use it. At first I didn’t like it but the more I used it the more it looked good on my skin, I have oily skin so for me it works.
I absolutely love this Velvet blurring primer, it feels so good on my skin, and gives my face a nice base for my foundation. It feels like the liquid turns into powder giving it a velvet feeling, and this primer makes my make up last for a long time while also blurring out my pores.
Combination / Blackheads, Large Pores, Redness
Fremont
Can I just say that this primer is give you the feeling of luxury from the start of your makeup application! Can never go wrong with Becca! I love the way my foundation sits on top, and having combination skin  this primer works well for me and allows my makeup to last a long time.
Combination / Acne, Dullness, Fine Lines
Oshkosh, WI
Purchased at: Sephora
Love this product!! It makes my skin feel amazing and look flawless!! You could easily just use this on your skin or use it under your foundation! It looks so good and feels amazing! Also helps makeup stay on longer and look smoother and more flawless! Definitely worth the price!
Combination / Redness
san diego, CA
Truly leaves your skin feeling like velvet. Only reason for not 5 stars is that a few times I used it, my skin got a dry/flaky look, so guessing this works best when your skin is not dried out. When my skin is hydrated however, big fan!
Combination / Acne, Blackheads, Large Pores
Received from Influenster
this had astounding reviews and had lots of product and i was excited to try it, but it did not do what i wanted. it reddened my face, didn’t smooth my foundation enough, and and didn’t close my pores enough. very disappointed.
Dry, Sensitive / Acne, Blackheads, Dullness
Columbia, SC
Pretty good, but have to be careful with layering over certain products (or too thickly) because it can pill.  Fairly good velvety coverage, works well with medium coverage velvety type foundations.  Not sure if I will buy again - may try Tatcha's instead.
Combination / Acne, Blackheads, Large Pores
Avella, PA
I love the way it blurs out the pores and makes the skin super smooth. Not made for dry skin though. I felt like it made me dryer. It also filled in the ridges of my finger tips making them feel weird for the day. If you’re oily though you might like this product!
Oily, Dry / Dullness, Large Pores
Arlington, VA
Great for a night out. Provides an excellent base and smoothes everything out. It’s an interesting texture. Seems best for normal skin. Provides a great Matte finish but I like to make sure my skin is not too dry before using
Dullness
Received from Influenster
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Amite, LA
6 months ago
Camila R. • 5 months ago
It is worth the hype! One of the best primers I have used. I really like it is 100% one of my favorites
6 months ago
Rhonda J. • 5 months ago
The ultimate primer for a long-lasting, airbrushed complexion. Pore-blurring formula for a velvety smooth finish. Oil-free yet hydrating primer. Contains antioxidant Vitamin C and E. Helps absorb the appearance of excess oil.
Morganton, NC
7 months ago
BECCA Velvet Blurring Primer Perfecting Base How does this compare to other blurring primers? Does it leave a greasy layer? Does foundation set well on it?
Allie B. • 5 months ago
I can’t really compare to other bc I’ve never tried one like this. It blends so well with foundation and doesn’t look oily at all!!!