BY BECCA

A skin-awakening primer that instantly erases the signs of a bad face day to leave the complexion fresh, awake and hydrated.

• Is this primer truly effective at improving your complexi...1 Answers
  • Hello, I was wondering if this primer is for dry or oily ...1 Answers
  • Has anyone tried this?2 Answers
BECCA First Light Priming Filter Instant Complexion Refresh
  • "this primer didn’t do much for my pores. it didn’t really cover them. this primer however made my skin look so young, dewy and glowy. this primer is more on the dewy side rather than the matte side so, if you’re looking for a matte finish primer, i don’t recommend this primer." in 26 reviews
  • "smells amazing, feels hydrating, evens out discoloration on my face and makes a bright, neutral base for applying foundation. definitely is not for skin with a lot of texture but overall i like this primer!" in 16 reviews
Reyes bm96426 Y.
florida
When you put it on, you do not see any difference, but after a short time what it promises is going to be fulfilled, and get me little treatment and it is wasted quickly because it is very liquid.
Soukaina M.
Picked this up while I was on vacation and wanted to replace my travel-sized First Light. I'm absurdly pale and the purple primer is quickly becoming a keystone of my daily routine. This was my first liquid highlighter from this line, and I have to say it's just what I was hoping for. I'm not into blinding hl on myself... I prefer layering for a subtle glow, so blending out a line of this along the tops of my cheekbones is just about right. If you're into glitter this kit is *not* going to have enough oomph for you, but if you're chasing a lit-from-within look (like the L'Oreal Skinlights from way back in the day) Becca is looking out for you.
Nicole H.
I only ever tried the samples size of this but I would love to repurchase if I ever decide to splurge and treat myself. This made my skin look so radiant in a non-shimmery, non-oily way. When worn alone I felt like I was glowing and when worth under foundation it added just be perfect hint of something special. J don’t know how else to describe it!
Jessica L.
Vancouver, BC
This is my first try with Becca products and I am so disappointed.  This primer did absolutely nothing for me.  In fact, I noticed my blush slipped off my face within two hours of application.  I don't know if I had a defective bottle but the primer consistency was SO WATERY.

I hope their Back Light Primer is better.
Kelsey A.
Lindsay , ON
Lightweight and doesn't clog my pores. Gives a soft, dewy glow under makeup, without being glittery or sparkly. It smells absolutely amazing as well! 4/5 because I find that it doesn't do much for my skin beyond giving that glow, I still need to use something in addition to smooth my skin.
Alex D.
I’ve been using this product for a while now and I can’t say that it’s unique colour did much for my complexion. It just sort of blends away to nothing, and isn’t as glowy as other, less expensive primers I own. It smells nice but otherwise isn’t anything special. I wouldn’t repurchase.
lmak s.
Vancouver
This primer didn’t do much for my pores. It didn’t really cover them. This primer however made my skin look so young, dewy and glowy. This primer is more on the dewy side rather than the matte side so, if you’re looking for a matte finish primer, I don’t recommend this primer.
Courtney L.
Niagara Falls
This Becca primer is suppose to brighten and illuminate the skin but I didn’t find it did either of those things. Hate the smell of this, smells strongly of lemons or some sort of chemical cleaner. Doesn’t make my makeup last longer. Wouldn’t recommend
Krizia D.
Brampton, ON
i enjoy this primer for the base it creates before applying makeup but it doesnt do anything major. however it has a wonderful texture and scent and does brighten the skin prior to further makeup application. would consider purchasing in the future
Juliette R.
Orleans, ON
Really good for brightening, love the purple tone to it. It puts a nice filter on your face, the purple blends in so its not obvious, smoothing, and brightening. Going to consider the full size, I'm liking it so far.
Melanie P.
Long Is City, NY
Does this product make you look tooo glowy? I have oily skin already and I get very scared using a product that will make me look even more oily !
Ashley C.
Cranston, RI
I love Becca products but I don't see how a primer like this would make a difference, especially if you're covering it up with a full coverage foundation.
Melanie P.
Long Is City, NY
Cupcake B.
Cottonwood, AZ
Has anyone tried this?
Alexandria K.
Chicago
Does this primer work well with matte foundations to cover dark spots and uneven tone?

Sephora