BY BECCA

A skin-awakening primer that instantly erases the signs of a bad face day to leave the complexion fresh, awake and hydrated.

• Is this primer truly effective at improving your complexi...1 Answers
  • Hello, I was wondering if this primer is for dry or oily ...1 Answers
  • Has anyone tried this?2 Answers
BECCA First Light Priming Filter Instant Complexion Refresh
  • "this primer didn’t do much for my pores. it didn’t really cover them. this primer however made my skin look so young, dewy and glowy. this primer is more on the dewy side rather than the matte side so, if you’re looking for a matte finish primer, i don’t recommend this primer." in 26 reviews
  • "smells amazing, feels hydrating, evens out discoloration on my face and makes a bright, neutral base for applying foundation. definitely is not for skin with a lot of texture but overall i like this primer!" in 16 reviews
Rayna H.
DuPont
This is a beautiful primer. It feels weightless and just kind of brightens my face. Foundation, bb creams and even tinted moisturizer layers well over this primer and looks better with it. Sometimes if I’m having a good skin day, I’ll just wear this primer. Makes my skin look glowy. The only thing I dislike about this primer is the scent. I’m very sensitive to scents and this one isn’t overly obnoxious and it does fade throughout the day. But I prefer I unscented products.
Stephanie M.
Miami
Not my favorite. When I apply it on my face including my under eye I would take pictures with flash and my under eye are would look tinted in purple. Don’t know if it’s just me but I would pass on this one. Received it in my boxy charm.
Taylor L.
Rockville Ctr, NY
I love this highlighter! Keeps my foundation in place all day, even with my combination skin. I definitely notice a different when I don't use it because my foundation looks terrible at the end of the day without it. I don't find it to be incredibly color correcting, but I have other products to achieve that so I don't really mind. It doesn't feel heavy AT ALL and a little bit of product goes a long way. I have bought this product multiple times and I use it most days.
Rachael L.
Houston
I love matte everything for my face because I have very oily skin. So I was so shocked that I actually loved this primer. I use a matte foundation and I set my whole face with powder and this primer just makes my makeup look less DRY and more like a gorgeous natural finish.
Kristin A.
Homewood
I absolutely love this primer. It’s only slightly more subtle than the Backlight primer, and gives a glowing from within effect. Sometimes I use it on my “no make up,” “make up” days by itself, and feel beautiful and confident when I go out. It will show up under most foundations. If you suffer from oily skin, I wouldn’t necessarily recommend this product. I have combo/oily though, and it works fine for me. It’s a little bit expensive, but it makes your make up last and it’s a high quality product. Would definitely recommend.
emmakate m.
Love this primer! It instantly makes my skin look more awake and healthier. I love using this before foundation because it helps make my foundation longer lasting. However, it doesn’t minimize my pores as much as I would like my primer to. However, I would still recommend.
Jessica F.
San Pedro , CA
I really like this primer on days I’m looking for a glowy complexion. It leaves the skin with a natural glow. I wouldn’t recommend this product if you want to fill in your pores, it gives you a glow but does nothing for your pores.
Stephanie M.
Waverly, OH
I received this in my Boxycharm and I absolutely love It! It's the best primer I've used so far! I hate that I like it so much because of the price but it does my my skin look really smooth and my makeup stays on for so long.i don't see a glow nor do I feel it minimizes my pores though. I didn't think I was going to like it at first because it is very runny and it's purple but a little goes a long way and it's not purple after you rub it in. I don't think it has a smell either.
Amanda J.
Arabi, GA
This primer is nice and works pretty well, especially if you have dry skin because it is very hydrating. It is super liquidy though and just flows out the bottle making it very easy to waste. Its pretty though, i will wear it on days I dont wear make up to add a slight dew to my skin. Not the absolute best primer out there though, but still nice. Also smells like fruity pebbles which is a nice touch!
MacKenzie M.
Montevallo, AL
This makes my skin look so dewy, plump, and reduces my redness!! I always lay this primer down first before going in with a blurring one for problem areas. I love the thin consistency of this and it has lasted me a very long time!
Melanie P.
Long Is City, NY
Does this product make you look tooo glowy? I have oily skin already and I get very scared using a product that will make me look even more oily !
Ashley C.
I love Becca products but I don't see how a primer like this would make a difference, especially if you're covering it up with a full coverage foundation.
Melanie P.
Long Is City, NY
Cupcake B.
Cottonwood, AZ
Has anyone tried this?
Alexandria K.
Does this primer work well with matte foundations to cover dark spots and uneven tone?

Sephora