BY BECCA

A skin-awakening primer that instantly erases the signs of a bad face day to leave the complexion fresh, awake and hydrated.

• Is this primer truly effective at improving your complexi...1 Answers
  • Hello, I was wondering if this primer is for dry or oily ...1 Answers
  • Has anyone tried this?2 Answers
BECCA First Light Priming Filter Instant Complexion Refresh
  • "this primer didn’t do much for my pores. it didn’t really cover them. this primer however made my skin look so young, dewy and glowy. this primer is more on the dewy side rather than the matte side so, if you’re looking for a matte finish primer, i don’t recommend this primer." in 26 reviews
  • "smells amazing, feels hydrating, evens out discoloration on my face and makes a bright, neutral base for applying foundation. definitely is not for skin with a lot of texture but overall i like this primer!" in 16 reviews
Dani H.
New Berlin
I love this primer. It is a high end primer but I think it is worth it. It brightens my skin and makes me look fresh and healthy. It doesn’t blur anything so I pair it with another primer. It doesn’t clog my pores or break down my foundation like other primers have done. I love this primer.
Lauren A.
Clinton
I received this in my Sephora Play box last month and I am in love! A lot of primers make my foundation and concealer cake or slip around but this stuff is the perfect primer IMHO. I have not bought the full size though, I can’t bring myself to spend that much on a little tube of primer when there are some other good primers in drugstore brands.
Marianna S.
I love this! Much more than I expected if I’m being honest! I knew I loved the Backlight Filter, but this one is amazing too! It layers under my foundations well and gives me such a pretty glow! I feel like it makes my foundation application easier too and also evens out ny skin tone and hydrates!
Angelique G.
This is a good primer, I got a trial size sample with a purchase I made online and think I would purchase a full size! It keeps my makeup on and did not break me out but I did feel I got oily a lot more than normal with this primer! I think it has a fair price point. But buy the full size, do not waste money on a deluxe sample of this.
Tabbi A.
I adore this primer! I have very oily skin and this primer gives me a gorgeous luminous, dewy look without making me too shiny! It looks great with any foundation really. It is definitely a higher end item compared to what I usually buy but I'd say this is totally worth the splurge!❤✨
Mai L.
Elk Grove, CA
I have been waiting to try this product. I got it in a boxycharm box and immediately fell in love with with. Easy to apply. It doesn't have any spf. It does have light shimmers but I'm okay with it. Will make sure to purchase amthe fill size once I'm out of my deluxe sample size.
Sarah H.
Washington, DC
I got a sample of this primer and really liked it! It has a light lemony scent which is very pleasant. I love the luminous finish the primer gives my skin, and it mixes well with most other face makeup. I would consider buying this full sized the next time I need a new primer.
Samantha M.
Superior, WI
This stuff works great. It's lightweight, smooth, holds my makeup in place. The smell is also great which is a huge plus. It says you can wear this under your foundation or without any makeup but I personally would only wear it under foundation due to it leaving a very shiny look to your face before applying foundation over.
Monica P.
Peabody, MA
The texture of this primer is unlike other primers I use (gel based). It leaves your skin feeling tacky which i guess can be good for a glowly look if you’re using it with a Dewey foundation. I think I’m just used to the silicone feel of other primers, but it did leave a glowy sparkle on my face.
Heidi R.
New Iberia, LA
This is my absolute favorite primer. Becca is an amazing brand and I love the lightness of this primer. It's a light violet color with a shimmer to it. You can wear it alone for a dewy look or under your foundation for a nice glow. It's one that I will continue to buy!!
Melanie P.
Long Is City, NY
Does this product make you look tooo glowy? I have oily skin already and I get very scared using a product that will make me look even more oily !
Ashley C.
I love Becca products but I don't see how a primer like this would make a difference, especially if you're covering it up with a full coverage foundation.
Melanie P.
Long Is City, NY
Cupcake B.
Cottonwood, AZ
Has anyone tried this?
Alexandria K.
Does this primer work well with matte foundations to cover dark spots and uneven tone?

Sephora