BY BECCA

A skin-awakening primer that instantly erases the signs of a bad face day to leave the complexion fresh, awake and hydrated.

• Is this primer truly effective at improving your complexi...1 Answers
  • Hello, I was wondering if this primer is for dry or oily ...1 Answers
  • Has anyone tried this?2 Answers
BECCA First Light Priming Filter Instant Complexion Refresh
  • "this primer didn’t do much for my pores. it didn’t really cover them. this primer however made my skin look so young, dewy and glowy. this primer is more on the dewy side rather than the matte side so, if you’re looking for a matte finish primer, i don’t recommend this primer." in 26 reviews
  • "smells amazing, feels hydrating, evens out discoloration on my face and makes a bright, neutral base for applying foundation. definitely is not for skin with a lot of texture but overall i like this primer!" in 16 reviews
Blair N.
There is nothing bad about this product, but there isn't anything outstanding either. Although the tint to the formula is purple ('amethyst'), once its blended into the skin it is invisible aside from the glow it gives the skin (zero color correcting). The glow is nice, very very dewy- if you have oily skin you might not like it. Honestly, though, I have used primers and glotions that achieve the same result and are cheaper. I also didn't notice a difference in my makeup lasting longer in comparison to using a drug store primer. I was surprised that the formula was quite thin and runny as well. I have dry skin and this didnt make it worse, but didn't find it to be hydrating either.
Melissa C.
Jasper, AL
First off, I really love the scent of this. It has almost a lemony/earthy smell to it, if that makes any sense. That said, if you're looking for a fragrance free primer then this not the one. I do feel like it really makes my complexion brighter and more luminous. Again, as was my complaint with the Backlight Priming filter, the tube only comes about half full.
Elizabeth C.
This primer does smooth my skin and creates a good base for foundation but that's all it did for me. It didn't color correct red tones (I'm not sure it's supposed to but since it's purple I assumed). It also didn't make my skin glow like the Back lit primer by Becca. It's not a bad primer it's just not what I need.
Amber K.
Frederick, MD
I use this primer along side the Tarte Timeless smoothing primer and under Tarte Rainforest of the Sea foundation in light neutral

I'm obsessed. I received a sample of this product in an Ulta goody bag, I wasn't expecting any major changes as far as CC and hydration. HOWEVER, This primer makes my foundation look flawless and STICK after using. My foundation doesn't budge. My skin looks soooo clean. I recommend!
Stephanie P.
Brooklyn, NY
Omg beautiful SKINNNN! I love using this product. My skin looks pretty flawless whenever I wear this. Even by its self I’ve been told my skin looks amazing. I’m all for a great primer. Gives the skin a very natural inner GLOW. Doesn’t make you look sweaty or make the skin look fake.
Tori D.
I got a travel size of this primer and I’m Loving it. It blends out well on my skin leaving a slight glow. It’s not a pore blurring kind of primer but gives it that glow underneath the foundation which I am starting to like. My foundation applies great over top and does not move throughout the day!
Emily d.
Portland , OR
I got this in my Sephora Play! box and it's a good time.  Not a lot of sun protection, but it keeps my makeup on my face and not in my orifices.  It does make my pores look a little smoother and the effect lasts about half the day.  I don't imagine buying a full size of this product.
Karen K.
This was not my favorite primer. I will say it did make my skin very hydrated but i didn't like how my foundation sits on top of the primer. It does not blur out pores if that's what you need, that;s what i personally need in a primer and the main reason why i did not fall in love with this one
Kristina L.
Beeville, TX
Wow! I LOVE the weight and texture of this primer and the subtle lavender sheen helps balance my (sometimes severe) redness to keep my foundation looking as it should. Also makes some of my lower-quality foundations last quite a bit longer than without, which I appreciate and enjoy very much!
Amanda A.
Morgan Hill, CA
This stuff is awesome. First I was a little nervous because of how watery the consistency is, but I quickly grew to love it. Due to it being more watery, I can get into creases easier like around my nose, and in smile lines. It smells great too! I would recommend trying this.
Melanie P.
Long Is City, NY
Does this product make you look tooo glowy? I have oily skin already and I get very scared using a product that will make me look even more oily !
Ashley C.
Cranston, RI
I love Becca products but I don't see how a primer like this would make a difference, especially if you're covering it up with a full coverage foundation.
Melanie P.
Long Is City, NY
Cupcake B.
Cottonwood, AZ
Has anyone tried this?
Alexandria K.
Chicago
Does this primer work well with matte foundations to cover dark spots and uneven tone?

Sephora