BY BECCA

A skin-awakening primer that instantly erases the signs of a bad face day to leave the complexion fresh, awake and hydrated.

• Is this primer truly effective at improving your complexi...1 Answers
  • Hello, I was wondering if this primer is for dry or oily ...1 Answers
  • Has anyone tried this?2 Answers
BECCA First Light Priming Filter Instant Complexion Refresh
  • "this primer didn’t do much for my pores. it didn’t really cover them. this primer however made my skin look so young, dewy and glowy. this primer is more on the dewy side rather than the matte side so, if you’re looking for a matte finish primer, i don’t recommend this primer." in 26 reviews
  • "smells amazing, feels hydrating, evens out discoloration on my face and makes a bright, neutral base for applying foundation. definitely is not for skin with a lot of texture but overall i like this primer!" in 16 reviews
Annette P.
Greenacres, FL
I really like the glow this gives my face. It’s not dying, and not really hydrating. A huge pro is that it doesn’t attach to dry patches or enhance dry flaky skin. This isn’t one of those primers you could wear without makeup though. It doesn’t sparkle under makeup, but it gives this youthful, “awake” I guess appearance. It’s hard to describe. It didn’t irritate my skin, and no breakouts. I wear it for 12 plus hours and my face is still glowing at the end of my shift. It doesn’t affect your skins oil production and it doesn’t minimize pores, but you can use other makeup for that. It plays well with everything I use on my face, and I put a lot of creams, serum, etc...
If you want that “I got a feel nights sleep and I’m never tired look” for your skin, then this is definitely a good primer for that!
Abbey T.
Los Angeles, CA
Maybe it's just my skin, but this stuff didn't work well at all. First of all, I don't understand how it can possibly "highlight" anything when it's a primer, i.e. meant to go UNDER foundation. Wouldn't that necessarily cover all the highlighting-ness? This felt like it sat upon my skin and didn't feel good at all. After putting on my foundation I had to wipe my whole face down and start again with a different primer because it made my foundation look rough and patchy!
marie A.
I really like this face primer. It is a a very nice light formula. It feels so moisturizing and hydrating on the skin. The scent is very refreshing. It has a light lemon scent to it to me. It comes out purple, but the color fades away. It didn't do much to hide or fill my pores but if you want something hydrating this is for you. The size it a bit on the smaller side. It is 0.5fl oz. I feel like this is not going to be my every day primer so it may be ok on the size.
Dalila C.
This is the very first primer that I actually use because I had just started using makeup less than a year ago. I received it in my Sephora box and it was actually the best primer I have ever used so far (now that I had been using more primers). The illuminating finish is for real. I like how it looked like on me however when I was using it,my makeup skill was below par. I feel like I had wasted it. Anyway, the products is awesome tho!
Emily A.
Hartville, OH
I got a sample size with an order from Sephora, I was excited to try this primer because Becca highlighters and eyeshadows are so dope. The formula is a swirled purple color, meant to be color correcting, and the consistency is on the runny side, which was a turnoff at first because I usually like something thicker. A small amount did go a long way though, seriously my tiny bottle last months and I used it 1-3 times a week. I did enjoy the subtle citrus scent. It applies nicely and glides on evenly, however I did not notice an improvement in dullness, pore size or color correction. It did soften my skin, and felt lightly moisturising leaving that slight tack behind that some reviewers look for because it gives makeup something to stick to. So I'd recommend it if you are simply looking for a primer that does that, and provides light hydration.
Amberly S.
This is an okay primer. It gives a decent amount of glow. It has a a liquidy consistency. This doesn't leave any sort of weird cast to my skin. I don't really notice this doing much for pores or texture. I do find it doesn't emphasize dryness and adds a tiny bit of hydration. I don't love this primer as much as BECCA Backlight Priming Filter as I find the backlight primer to do more for my skin.
Tamara J.
I like Becca's First Light Primer in the Wintertime when my skin is dryer - it goes on smoothly and gives my skin a beautiful glow.  Unfortunately, I live in a very humid climate and this primer does not give me enough oil control/pore coverage during the hotter months of the year.
La'Nisha W.
Turlock, CA
After hearing soooo much about this product on social media. I decided to try it. I’m a girl that loves a good primer. Not to mention Ulta was having a sale where you got the primer and blurring powder as a package for $5 when you bought a Becca foundation.

Ok...so my first time using this product. I absolutely fell in LOVE. I primed my face and didn’t even want to put foundation on. The lavender, the radiance. I knew that this product lived up to the hype. Once I put my foundation on. It was literally a match made in heaven. Perfect flawless airbrushed. Will definitely go back and buy this product again.
Melissa C.
Ellsworth , ME
This was a primer that was very different from what I am used to. It felt more like lotion, which I did not like at first, but I grew to love! It also seemed to add a glow to my face, I suppose that’s the highlighter. As far as a primer goes it doesn’t do well, but I also think I may have used it wrong. There are no directions, it just says your instant pick me up. Worked good enough for me, just not perfect!
Michaela K.
It claims to be “a new pick me up”, that “preps, perks, and perfects the complexion”. I have to agree that this primer does just that. It evens out the odd texture of my face and the discoloration. It looks so nice on the skin. It makes me nervous with my oily skin but so far so good!
Melanie P.
Long Is City, NY
Does this product make you look tooo glowy? I have oily skin already and I get very scared using a product that will make me look even more oily !
Ashley C.
I love Becca products but I don't see how a primer like this would make a difference, especially if you're covering it up with a full coverage foundation.
Melanie P.
Long Is City, NY
Cupcake B.
Cottonwood, AZ
Has anyone tried this?
Alexandria K.
Does this primer work well with matte foundations to cover dark spots and uneven tone?