BY BECCA #61 in Face Primer

A skin-awakening primer that instantly erases the signs of a bad face day to leave the complexion fresh, awake and hydrated.

Buy on Sephora*
  • "this primer didn’t do much for my pores. it didn’t really cover them. this primer however made my skin look so young, dewy and glowy. this primer is more on the dewy side rather than the matte side so, if you’re looking for a matte finish primer, i don’t recommend this primer." in 26 reviews
  • "smells amazing, feels hydrating, evens out discoloration on my face and makes a bright, neutral base for applying foundation. definitely is not for skin with a lot of texture but overall i like this primer!" in 16 reviews
Annette P.
Greenacres, FL
I really like the glow this gives my face. It’s not dying, and not really hydrating. A huge pro is that it doesn’t attach to dry patches or enhance dry flaky skin. This isn’t one of those primers you could wear without makeup though. It doesn’t sparkle under makeup, but it gives this youthful, “awake” I guess appearance. It’s hard to describe. It didn’t irritate my skin, and no breakouts. I wear it for 12 plus hours and my face is still glowing at the end of my shift. It doesn’t affect your skins oil production and it doesn’t minimize pores, but you can use other makeup for that. It plays well with everything I use on my face, and I put a lot of creams, serum, etc...
If you want that “I got a feel nights sleep and I’m never tired look” for your skin, then this is definitely a good primer for that!
Erin M.
San Jose, CA
I used this primer with MUFE Ultra HD foundation.

This primer claims a few things. It claims to be hydrating for dry skin, illuminating, and color correcting. I didn’t find any of these things particularly true. I have combo skin, so I don’t really need a hydrating primer, but I did notice dry patches in certain areas after wearing my foundation a few hours. I did like the subtle luminizing quality but didn’t see much noticeable difference unless I was looking up close. The color correcting was almost nonexistent. I have a very ruddy/pink complexion and some of my pigmented areas were not helped at all by this primer.

I also felt like my pores were exaggerated, but maybe it was the foundation.

Overall, it’s okay. It kept me from looking too oily which was surprising since it is not a matte primer. This stuff just didn’t work amazing for my or my skin.
Olivia M.
Minden, LA
Becca First Light Primer works really well for my oily, sensitive, large pores, and acne prone skin.  I apply this over my Rodan and Fields Unblemish line and it really makes my skin look awake and bright.  I use a mattifying foundation over it, and it looks beautiful.  It makes my skin look like I have healthy complexion.  It doesn't do anything for my large pores, but it makes the rest of my skin look so good that it's a fair compromise.
Abbey T.
Sycamore, IL
Maybe it's just my skin, but this stuff didn't work well at all. First of all, I don't understand how it can possibly "highlight" anything when it's a primer, i.e. meant to go UNDER foundation. Wouldn't that necessarily cover all the highlighting-ness? This felt like it sat upon my skin and didn't feel good at all. After putting on my foundation I had to wipe my whole face down and start again with a different primer because it made my foundation look rough and patchy!
Amanda J.
Cordele, GA
This primer is nice and works pretty well, especially if you have dry skin because it is very hydrating. It is super liquidy though and just flows out the bottle making it very easy to waste. Its pretty though, i will wear it on days I dont wear make up to add a slight dew to my skin. Not the absolute best primer out there though, but still nice.
Dalila C.
This is the very first primer that I actually use because I had just started using makeup less than a year ago. I received it in my Sephora box and it was actually the best primer I have ever used so far (now that I had been using more primers). The illuminating finish is for real. I like how it looked like on me however when I was using it,my makeup skill was below par. I feel like I had wasted it. Anyway, the products is awesome tho!
Amberly S.
This is an okay primer. It gives a decent amount of glow. It has a a liquidy consistency. This doesn't leave any sort of weird cast to my skin. I don't really notice this doing much for pores or texture. I do find it doesn't emphasize dryness and adds a tiny bit of hydration. I don't love this primer as much as BECCA Backlight Priming Filter as I find the backlight primer to do more for my skin.
Riley S.
I really enjoy this primer! I got a free deluxe sample of it from Ulta. The primer goes on very easily, and it feels hydrating! It also smells really nice. My only problem with it is that it leaves my face looking shiny earlier in the day than my usual primer does. I only reach for this when I am OK with a dewy look. BECCA First Light Priming Filter Instant Complexion Refresh
Laura M.
BECCA First Light Priming Filter Instant Complexion Refresh I love this Becca first light primer it’s good for everyday no matter if I’m feeling dry or oily , a little goes a long way and it evens out my skin tone and fills and dimishes the look of pores and it gives a beautiful glow . I would for sure purchase again , I am in love with this primer.
Tinisha P.
Smells great! A little goes a long way, and smooths easily. It leaves a perfect backlit glow under foundation. I have combination skin and have had no issues with drying or oiliness with this product being used under foundation, concealer and a translucent setting powder. I also think it does pretty great at hiding my huge pores. Overall i love the product!
Melanie P.
Long Is City, NY
Does this product make you look tooo glowy? I have oily skin already and I get very scared using a product that will make me look even more oily !
Cupcake B.
Cottonwood, AZ
Has anyone tried this?
Michelle G.
Flushing, NY
Is this primer truly effective at improving your complexion?
Ashley C.
Cranston, RI
I love Becca products but I don't see how a primer like this would make a difference, especially if you're covering it up with a full coverage foundation.
Takwa J.
kairouan
Is this product actually worth the hype ???????