BY BECCA #19 in Face Primer

What it is:

A skin-awakening primer that instantly erases the signs of a bad face day to leave the complexion fresh, awake and hydrated.

What it does:

A wake up call for the skin, First Light Priming Filter brightens lackluster and dull skin and instantly refreshes the complexion. Skin goes from dull, dry and fatigued to hydrated, healthy and awake. The perfect primer to create a fresh canvas for all day makeup wear.

Cool Light Technology softly scatters translucent, cool violet light to brighten & even out imperfections. Mineral-rich spring water, prickly pear flower and Sodium Hyaluronate capture moisture to hydrate and revive skin. Ginger energizes the complexion and the fresh citrus notes create an awakening experience.

What else you need to know:

First Light Priming Filter looks violet but applies sheer. The energizing citrus scent is the perfect first step for your morning routine. It can be used by all skin tones & skin types.

How to use:

Apply like a traditional primer all over the face to prep and hydrate the skin before foundation or use alone for a luminous, pure healthy glow.

• Do y'all like this one or smashbox better?5 Answers
  • is this a good primer for oily skin? and how does it effect the lon...1 Answers
  • How does this compare to BECCA Backlight Priming Filter ?1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Nikki G.
Nikki G.
Urbana, IL
Review for: BECCA First Light Priming Filter
I've been wearing BECCA First Light Priming Filter Instant Complexion for three days now and I'm pretty happy with it. I haven't been sleeping well and my complexion looks ever so dull this time of year, so I was excited to see if this primer would work it's magic on my face and it has! The bottle was a bit smaller than I anticipated (I'm used to using BECCA's shimmering skin perfecter liquid highlighter) but the highlighter has lasted me for ages, so I'm hoping that this primer will last awhile. I love the pump packaging. I've been pretty unhappy with recent products I've bought that come with a dropper because it's messy and gets gloopy. The consistency isn't too thick or thin and blended beautifully on my skin. It really does make me look alive without making me look like I have too much makeup on. I do have very oily skin and I worried that this might make my skin look or feel greasy by the end of the day and I did notice it looked pretty shiny after the first day, but I think I just put too much on. I've used a bit less each day since so I haven't had an issue. I forgot to spray on my UD All Nighter today and it's now 2:00 and my skin still looks great. I give this primer a thumbs up.
Katelin B.
Katelin B.
Logan, WV
Review for: BECCA First Light Priming Filter
Wow! I'm so impressed with this packaging. I'm loving the frosted glass look and how it has metallic writing ! Awesome becca detail on the lid also ! It is such a good size product for a primer! When I first opened it and pumped it out on my hand I was so surprised that it was purple. I thought at first it was like a frosted purple glass container. I loved that the product was purple because most primers are clear or white. Second thing I noticed was the smell of it. It was a nice fresh/clean smell ! It makes your skin feel so so soft and gives it a glow. I'm amazed with how good my makeup went on over top of it. It Helped with my fine lines and creases and helped elimate the look of my bigger pores ! My skin lately has been so oily and this product actually helped with my oily skin unlike some other brands. Overall I'm very impressed with this product and I will always keep this in my everyday makeup routine! Thank you Influenster for introducing me to this product and for it free!
Cort M.
Cort M.
Review for: BECCA First Light Priming Filter
This primer comes in high quality container, which I find aesthetics of a product our very important and sets the standard for the Becca brand! It also has a pump application, which is very handy. As for the product it's self, the consistency is not a runny liquid and not a thick liquid, so I find that it's a great consistency! The purple color isn't meant to necessarily be visible on the skin, but it does add a layer of life to your skin. When I put this on, it snaps my face into shape and provides some hydration, a great base for makeup (it's not sticky in me), a bit of a dewy glow (that's not overwhelming, it's actually quite beautiful), brightens my skin and I just feel like it adds a sense of energy to my face! I'm pretty oily and nothing completely takes away my oil, but this helps another layer of protection for fighting oil. I've been using everyday and it does help to keep my makeup on my face! Thank you for the products Becca and Influenster!! I literally love them all.
Trisha F.
Trisha F.
Charlottesvle, VA
Review for: BECCA First Light Priming Filter
The Becca brand at the forefront of creating products that are easy to use and can be worn by a variety of skin tones and types. I tested the new becca first light filter face primer today and was impressed with how it enhanced my look and made my foundation stay put longer than had I not used any primer. I have dry skin that is easily irritated by dry and windy weather. I also have redness which is a hassle. This primer did a great job of creating the best canvas for applying foundation by reducing redness in my nose and cheeks while giving my skin a dewy finish that was soft to the touch. I then applied foundation and noticed that it was easier to distribute around my face in an even fashion. I also did not notice the dry patches of skin I typically have after wearing foundation for a few hours. I was quite impressed with this product and will be purchasing the full size once I finish my full size becca backlight filter face primer.
Lauren M.
Lauren M.
Tacoma, WA
Review for: BECCA First Light Priming Filter
I really enjoy this primer. It does not give too much shine and is not glittery, thank goodness! If you have a big forehead like me then apply it sparingly because it could emphasize the size as this product does help your skin to reflect light. Also, do not apply another primer before this product. I tried that one day and as soon as this product went on things started balling up and flaking off of my skin. It's likely that this product is giving my skin a bit of a youthful appearance. I received this product complimentary from BECCA Cosmetics and Influenster for testing purposes. I am very happy that I had the opportunity to try it out and may return to update this review as I gain a little more experience with primers for comparison's sake. Know that I do not have much experience with different primers to tell you how this product measures up.

I hope that you found this review helpful!

Sincerely,
Lauren | Guardthevineyard.com
Crystal H.
Crystal H.
Review for: BECCA First Light Priming Filter
Last night I received my Becca voxbox! I wanted to try the product right away but thought it would make more sense to try it this morning and write my review at the end of the day so here I am :)

Don't be taken back by the purple shade of this primer. Your face will not turn purple, if anything it will brighten your face. I applied the product after my serum, eye cream and moisturizer. It felt silk-like going on to my face. You can see an instant change in the color of your skin, going dull to lively. I feel it has helped my make up stay nicely throughout the day. Before this product I was using smashbox's photo, hydrating primer ($42). This Becca primer is less expensive and works just as well. I definitely suggest this product for others to try. I have attached a selfie at the beginning of my day and one at the end of my day. I generally am a little shiny at the end of the day. Today I'm a little less shiny.
Angie V.
Angie V.
Review for: BECCA First Light Priming Filter
Admittedly, I'm not huge on primers. And the reason is probably because I haven't found one that visibly makes a difference on my skin. For starters, my skin is problematic. I have very big pores, oily nose/cheeks, acne-prone and I have huge dents from past cystic acne outbursts. Needless to say, I need all the help I can get when doing my make-up for a smoother finish.

I was very excited to get this primer in the BECCA VoxBox. From watching a few demo videos online, I could tell this added a nice glow to the skin.

Well...it also did it for me! There's something about this serum-like formula that makes your skin glow. What I love the most is how it feels when applying it. It's not your typical silicone-y primer. It feels very moisturizing and like your skin is being replenished. I feel like it helped my liquid foundation go on smoothly and reduced dryness.

Would I buy this? Definitely!
Kaitlyn W.
Kaitlyn W.
Los Angeles, CA
Review for: BECCA First Light Priming Filter
The first time time I used this, I applied it under my usual foundation (NARS Velvet Matte Tint). I did instantly notice after applying that although it did not really help with my redness, the pearlescent lavender creamy primer did give my skin an overall glow and "airbrush" quality. When the light hit my skin it looked liked I applied highlighter in all the right places. It did not keep my foundation on at all though. In fact I think it was more oily and melting off my skin faster thank usual. The next time I applied it, I wore it alone and LOVED. It gave my skin the airbrush glow, but I could still see my skin. Like natural + (which is actually the type of product I have been looking for lately) ☺️☺️ the third time I wore it under the BECCA softlight blurring powder in golden hour and I felt like a goddess!!
Guadalupe G.
Guadalupe G.
Review for: BECCA First Light Priming Filter
The main thing keeping me from giving this primer 5 stars is that the texture is a bit more dewy and goopy feeling than I'd like. It's not as light as a lotion so I feel like I have to apply more than usual to get it to spread properly. Aside from that, I love the citrusy smell, the long wear results it helps makeup achieve, and the illuminating effect upon first applying. I think one pro of the texture would be that it smooths out dry skin which is a must in the winter when skin can get damaged from the cold wind. This probably helps makeup to grip onto skin and last longer during the day. As for the purple tint, it goes on sheer but creates an iridescent glow beneath makeup so that's a plus. Overall I'm pretty satisfied by the primer and would recommend to those who don't mind the texture.
Ashley M.
Ashley M.
Review for: BECCA First Light Priming Filter
I just purchased this from Sephora about 2 weeks ago. First, I want to say that I absolutely LOVE Becca's orginal backlight priming filter. This primer is a little more lightweight, not quite as illuminating, and of course promises different results. I was looking forward to trying this for the "color correcting" perks. I did not notice any difference as far as color- correction, but it does feel very nice on the skin and gives a good moisturizing feeling. I do not feel that it helped at all to make my makeup last longer or look more flawless. I am giving it 3 stars because I do feel like I can tell a slight difference without the product, as it goes give some hydration and a tiny bit of illumination. Overall I am happy with this primer but I am not sure if I will re-purchase at this time.
Emilie B.
Emilie B.
Omaha, NE
I love BECCA and have the Illuminating Foundation. Will adding this underneath be too much?
Leenoy C.
Leenoy C.
Is this worth the price tag? Does it really make makeup last long?
Sara-Catherine F.
Sara-Catherine F.
Tupelo, MS
Do y'all like this one or smashbox better?
Alecia P.
Alecia P.
Pittsford , NY
I've been eyeing this Primer. Would you recommend this for dry skin? If so, what makes it so great!!!!! Thanks in advance :)
Eugena T.
Eugena T.
whitchurch-stouffville, Ontario
Does the purple shade actually help with correcting any dullness in the skin?