BY BECCA #10 in Face Primer

What it is:

A skin-awakening primer that instantly erases the signs of a bad face day to leave the complexion fresh, awake and hydrated.

What it does:

A wake up call for the skin, First Light Priming Filter brightens lackluster and dull skin and instantly refreshes the complexion. Skin goes from dull, dry and fatigued to hydrated, healthy and awake. The perfect primer to create a fresh canvas for all day makeup wear.

Cool Light Technology softly scatters translucent, cool violet light to brighten & even out imperfections. Mineral-rich spring water, prickly pear flower and Sodium Hyaluronate capture moisture to hydrate and revive skin. Ginger energizes the complexion and the fresh citrus notes create an awakening experience.

What else you need to know:

First Light Priming Filter looks violet but applies sheer. The energizing citrus scent is the perfect first step for your morning routine. It can be used by all skin tones & skin types.

How to use:

Apply like a traditional primer all over the face to prep and hydrate the skin before foundation or use alone for a luminous, pure healthy glow.

• Do y'all like this one or smashbox better?5 Answers
  • BECCA First Light Priming Filter Face Primer Favorite p...2 Answers
  • How does this apply? Is it a water based or silicone base...2 Answers
Reviews (2056)
Buy on Sephora*
  • "this is a great moisturizing primer. i received a small size as a free gift with a becca purchase. it gives more of a dewy, natural shine, so it's great for that type of look, but i tend to prefer matte looks. but this does feel really nice on the skin. i would recommend this for someone who loves a dewy skin look!" in 326 reviews
  • "like it a lot. i use it every day. it provides a great moisturizing base for makeup application.  i don't believe the violet shade provides much in the way of luminosity for my deep complexion, so i had to remove 1 star. i like the sturdy packing and would recommend it to friends." in 174 reviews
Kylie S.
Plainfield, IN
Can we say how gorgeous this primer is?  I'm not going to lie... it's what first got me.  I saw it recommended by a blogger and I started doing some research.  There were some mixed reviews on various websites.  I pulled the trigger.  It was just too pretty not to give it a shot.  It was by far the most expensive primer I've tried and also the first purchase by Becca.  Positive side is that it's a bit bigger than my other primers so it will last me a bit longer.

My initial thoughts were unsure.  I gave it rest for a while (winter months) and started trying it again.  I'm trying to channel the more dewy look for spring/summer.  I love it!  I feel that it isn't drying and goes on smoothly.  It's texture allows me to spread it evenly while using minimal product (a full pump is a bit too much).  I DO have to use a finishing powder whenever I use this, especially in my oily areas (chin, nose, forehead).  I find that doing that solves my prior issues.  I will most likely repurchase, although I am now curious about her other versions...
Makeup d.
dallas, texas
I purchased this primer from the Ulta 21 days of beauty and I got it for $19!😍🙌🏼 I’ve been testing this out for a couple weeks and so far, I’m enjoying it! First off, I definitely love the packaging. It’s very sleek and luxurious and I like that it has a pump. The formula is more liquidy so it’s really nice to nourish and hydrate💛 this primer doesn’t fill in pores, but it makes my skin so smooth and plumped and it makes my foundation apply very nicely!👏🏻this primer has a purple tint to correct dullness, and there wasn’t a drastic difference, but my skin did look nice. I also noticed my makeup lasted a good amount of time, about 8 hours. Overall, I would recommend this primer for combo or dry skin and I’ll definitely continue using this!
Emily K.
Rochester Hills
I love using this primer when I plan on using a full coverage matte foundation. It brings life back into my face!! When first applied, the primer is very shiny and almost appears to change the color of your face...well this is just part of the magic! Once the foundation is on, the coloring looks like yours but better. Skin looks so bright and glowy, without being shiny! For use with a light coverage foundation, I would recommend BECCA Backlight Priming Filter instead (:

Becca First Light Priming Filter swatched on top
Becca Backlight Priming Filter swatched directly below
Tiffany A.
I actually tried this the first time when I went to sephora for a complimentary makeover. The girl who was doing my makeup told me about it because I'm usually more into a natural finish at opposed to a matte finish and this primary gives just the right amount of illumination to make a matte foundation look super natural. If has kind of an odd smell so if you aren't big on that then this isn't for you but I can get past it because it is just beautiful. My makeup goes on flawlessly with it on and I feel so pretty! Unfortunately I cannot afford 40 dollars for a primer so the time so I haven't managed to get ahold of another bottle yet but if I get a gift card for Christmas then it'll definitely be on my wishlist.
Chloe R.
Charlotte, NC
I really liked the BECCA face primer. It was a pretty iridescent purple, it went on smooth, and smelled so fresh! The packing was a nice purple to match the liquid product. I applied it before my BECCA foundation and noticed the foundation applied smoother. I applied it under my normal foundation and it made that look smoother and have a hint of glow as well. Overall, I really enjoyed this face primer, I highly recommend it and foresee myself purchasing it when my free tube runs out!
Gabby G.
Plantation, FL
If you have dry skin, I think this would be perfect for you. However, I have oily combo skin and it made my face a shiny mess. I put this primer on by itself to test it out. No products on top of it and it looked really glowy which is nice but I knew it would not hold up through out the day much less with foundation on top of it. Boy was I right! By the end of the night, I was wiping off soo much oil on my forehead you would swear there was an oil spill. Not the primer for me. But like I said, I have combo oily skin. I know a lot of people who like this and they have dry skin. Also everyone is different so I would still say to try it if you are interested.
Summer H.
Newcastle, WA
Okay to start off with, I didn't like this product at first. I didn't like how it went on my skin. After taking some much needed skin care I started to LOVE this product. I wouldn't recommend this product if your skin isn't in the best condition. This primer is really good after you have given your skin a good moisturizer. This product grows on you in the fact that it applies to smooth and almost to a cool like sense. It settles on the face without being too dry or sticky. Also the cool purpler liquid is always fun. Even after 9 hour shifts running around my face makeup is still amazing as when I first applied it. definitely give this product a chance.
Brooke H.
Dickinson, ND
I absolutely adore this primer. It is like the best combination of a moisturizer and a primer. it goes on so smooth and i can really feel it hydrating my skin which i definitely need before applying foundation. the “filter” in the name of this primer is so accurate, i really can’t explain what it does, maybe it’s the lavender color of the primer but it does something to where i could apply just this primer (and brows of course) and go about my day. much like the back light primer, this primer adds an amazing glow while also going on like a moisturizer. i also love the smell of this primer. i can be really sensitive to smells but this primer smells delicious.
OnDeane J.
PHILADELPHIA, PA
I received a "full sized" sample of this from Sephora and I love it. I have oily skin and I still loved it. It's very light and can be worn under a foundation or alone to add a beautiful, healthy glow to the skin. It automatically has you looking dewy and lit from within, but not greasy. I liked this under my mattifying foundation because it kept me from looking too dry/matte. No chalkboard face! It stood up to my oily skin through most of the day. Long enough to get through work and a few errands after. Good enough for me! The amount of transfer was normal, minimal in the am but increased throughout the day as my makeup broke down.
Camella W.
Arkansas
Firstly, when I seen that the primer was purple I was a little shocked.. It definitely caught me off guard that it matched the packaging. I applied some of the primer and I got that nice, light, airy feeling which is always a plus for me. It mad the application of my makeup sooooo easy, and the fact that I looked airbrushed because of the way it dispersed my foundation made me feel confident that this is one of the best primers around.. my only con? A little does NOT go a long way.. this is not one of these primers that a drop does it. You have to use a little extra to get that full application.
Emilie B.
Omaha, NE
I love BECCA and have the Illuminating Foundation. Will adding this underneath be too much?
Alecia P.
Pittsford, NY
I've been eyeing this Primer. Would you recommend this for dry skin? If so, what makes it so great!!!!! Thanks in advance :)
Sara-Catherine F.
Tupelo, MS
Do y'all like this one or smashbox better?
Leenoy C.
Is this worth the price tag? Does it really make makeup last long?
Yesenia L.
Visalia, CA
I have normail/combo skin... I'm always afraid of the shimmer making me look oily... somehow this illuminates without shimmer? Will this work well for oily skin?