BECCA First Light Priming Filter Face Primer

What it is:

A skin-awakening primer that instantly erases the signs of a bad face day to leave the complexion fresh, awake and hydrated.

What it does:

A wake up call for the skin, First Light Priming Filter brightens lackluster and dull skin and instantly refreshes the complexion. Skin goes from dull, dry and fatigued to hydrated, healthy and awake. The perfect primer to create a fresh canvas for all day makeup wear.

Cool Light Technology softly scatters translucent, cool violet light to brighten & even out imperfections. Mineral-rich spring water, prickly pear flower and Sodium Hyaluronate capture moisture to hydrate and revive skin. Ginger energizes the complexion and the fresh citrus notes create an awakening experience.

What else you need to know:

First Light Priming Filter looks violet but applies sheer. The energizing citrus scent is the perfect first step for your morning routine. It can be used by all skin tones & skin types.

How to use:

Apply like a traditional primer all over the face to prep and hydrate the skin before foundation or use alone for a luminous, pure healthy glow.

Is this worth my money?
Is this a good primer , is it oily ?
Is this product recommended for sensitive skin?
Start your review of BECCA First Light Priming Filter Face Primer!
Product Highlights
“...natural shine, so it's great for that type of look, but i tend to prefer matte looks. but this does feel really nice on the skin. i would recommend this for someone who loves a dewy skin look!” in 326 reviews
“like it a lot. i use it every day. it provides a great moisturizing base for makeup application.  i don't believe the violet shade provides much in the way of luminosity for my deep complexion, so i had to remove 1 star. i like the sturdy packing and would recommend it to friends.” in 174 reviews
Orlando, FL
When it comes primers, I struggle to find one that I love and that works well for my skin. And after trying the First Light Priming Filter, I'm sad to say it still was not best for my skin. I am VERY oily and always use setting powder and blot throughout the day. The primer has a citrus scent which I find refreshing and invigorating in the mornings. It gives a nice radiance to your skin on days you don't wear foundation (which honestly I think it will be beautiful for summer beach/pools days). But once I apply a medium to full coverage foundation on top you lose the glow. Also, I was far more oily than I care to be around the two hour wear mark. I tried various setting powders, including the Becca Soft Light Burring Powder but nothing helped with the inevitable oiliness. If you have a dry skin or like a more dewy look, this may work well for you, but my oily skinned girls...I'd be a little weary.
Oily / Acne, Whiteheads, Fine Lines
Doral, FL
Lo mejor que he probado, desde que me llegó en una caja sin esowctativas, lo use y me di cuenta que mi piel quedaba luminosa y podía usarlo para mis días sin maquillaje por que Lucía mucho mejor.
Combination, Sensitive / Blackheads, Large Pores, Redness
DORAL, FL
The formula on this is absulutely smooth, smells great and it glides on very easily, it feels like a filter on your skin. I would say makeup looks better with this primer. Only con is for oily skin, it does not have oil control so your skin ends up being shiny on the t-zone area, other than that very good primer!
Combination, Sensitive / Blackheads, Large Pores, Redness
Sto. Dgo.
BECCA First Light Priming Filter Face Primer uploaded by Ibelka C.
This product is one of the best that I tried this year, you can use it and you will look natural and sexy at the same time, it is good for oily skin and dry skin, i think that you could use it if you want to look beautiful in your next date.
Dry, Sensitive / Sensitivity, Sun Damage
Doral, FL
This primer is perfect to achieve that luminous look with a really hydrating base, it doesn't have SPF but I don't mind because I always use sun protection before make up. It has a little particles that gives that special glow without being shimmery.
Combination / Blackheads, Dullness, Large Pores
I received this product as a free sample for review in Becca VoxBox and there are several things this primer does and several things it does not, regardless of what the description says. First, I believe that this primer is very good at giving a luminescent finish.The moment I apply it on the skin, it gives a slight dewy effect but definitely not like a highlighter which is pretty interesting and pretty to say the least.But in terms of helping my complexion, the violet colors did little to actually brighten up my face, fix the sallowness, and felt more clear to me.
Dry / Dark Spots
Received complimentary sample from Influenster
I am in love with this! I bought it at Sephora with low hopes, and I initially thought I would have to return it because all the primers I've tried never seemed to work on me. But to my surprise, this one did! It helps my makeup last throughout my long 12-hour work days, gives me a subtle glowy complexion, and smells refreshing. Definitely HG status!
Combination / Blackheads, Dullness, Sensitivity
This product really locks your makeup in place all day long if your going to work or whatever but it does it’s job well
Oily / Puffiness
Boling, TX
Such a Light primer, feels smooth and moisturizes great! By far the best product! I would definitely recommend it.
la romana
Good product for the face and for makeup, I love the primer is very easy to apply and blend
Oily / Redness, Sensitivity, Dark Spots

418 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Sheyenne ND
4 months ago
BECCA First Light Priming Filter Face Primer ? I've been wanting to try this out. Is it a sticky texture and does it leave your face looking purple?