BY BECCA #46 in Face Primer

A targeted mattifying primer that controls oil for up to 12 hours.

Buy on BECCA*
Desirée💋Maciel S.
Hollywood, FL
I will be the first to admit I have oily skin. It seemed to have worsen when I moved to South Florida. I tried so many primers and I literally felt my face oiling up in a couple of hours. So a great friend of mine recommended BECCA Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector. Granted, the price of this primer scared me but I was desperate. I was tired of taking my time and having amazing make up in the morning only to see my reflection on my forehead due to the oil (ughh gross!)
So when trying this product, a little bit does go a long way. I apply before my foundation focusing one my tzone area. Then I go about my normal make up routine.
Results: after using this primer I noticed my face looking matte and not as oily. Yes, after a few hours my face will still be oily but, it is not as bad as when I dont use BECCA. I am still looking for a primer or a product that will eliminate my oily skin until then, Becca is the primer I recommend for oily skin.
kita d.
San Jose
This was sold out at my local Sephora for a long time. When it was finally in stock, I bought the larger size, which was pricey. I was told by multiple beauty advisors that it was the best so I really wanted to try it out. It didn’t pair well with my eczema/dry/sensitive skin. My dry patches were accentuated and my skin felt tight. After trying to mix it with my regular moisturizers and foundations, which also didn’t go well, I found I could use small amounts of it on my face and it didn’t bother my skin. On the sides of my nose, where foundation would always come off, it made it last all day and my foundation would stay put. Also, in my smile lines, where I’d sometimes have creasing, this made my foundation stay put. I still haven’t found a better product that prevents my foundation from fading or creasing in these areas. The second time I purchased it, Sephora carried the smaller size, which was the perfect amount for what I needed. I still have some left, but I will not be repurchasing this product because it contains parabens.
Day M.
I’ve been using this product for almost 3 years now! It’s applies so soft and silky and easily blends into any skin tone. It has a natural finish that appears clear. I use it all over my face even though I have combination skin and it combats my oily skin problem. It’s perfect when you don’t your nose shining like Rudolph. Seriously! I use it to used it at the end of my makeup application as a touch-BECCA Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector™up over my t-zone! Now I use it as my main primer in the beginning AND at the end. I’ll preach for this product any day! Only thing - sometimes it does leave a hard white residue to get rid of if you don’t warm the product up in your hands first and don’t use too much. Less is more!
Victoria R.
Alice, TX
I have mixed feelings out this primer.

Pros: if you have oily skin don’t worry, with this primer you will have the smoothest skin ever! Pores? None with this primer! Lines? Gone, baby smooth skin! It’s lightweight on the skin and I’ve had no reaction to it on my sensitive skin.

Cons: It dries way to fast. I dries it seconds which isn’t a great thing with this primer because it doesn’t allow you time to smooth it out correctly. So you have to work fast and in small areas or your foundation will cling to it and no matter how hard to blend it with won’t move. Which isn’t a bad thing, but you put a primer on to hold your foundation in place but you need a primer that allows you to apply it properly.

So I can’t really use it as a all over face primer but works great as a eye primer.
Meagan W.
Argyle, TX
I will preface this review by stating that my skin is extremely oily and acne-prone. The first couple of times I used this primer, it was wonderful. Kept my face relatively matte for 8-10 hours (a bit of oil was shining through after about 7-8 hours but I didn’t need any blotting papers). Applied seamlessly and smoothly over my foundation. I enjoyed it greatly.

I don’t know what happened. I didn’t change up my products and obviously my skin didn’t change. Everything was the same, but all of a sudden this primer became a makeup lover’s nightmare. I tried to apply it as usual (warmed it up between my fingers and gently patted it onto moisturized skin, waited for it to set for a few moments, then applied foundation with a damp beauty blender) but it gave my makeup this horrid chalky look. It was impossible to just blend away and I ended up having to start all over with my skin care routine and makeup because it was that bad.

Of course I thought “it was just user error, I’ll try it again and see what happens.” I did try again. And again and again. Got the same results. If I used it 10 times over the past couple of months, 9/10 of those times it turned my foundation into a chalky, un-blendable mess. And I have nearly a full tube left. I don’t know what I’m going to do with it. I would appreciate any tips on applying the product, though from what I’ve read I was applying it correctly to begin with.
Jessyka V.
This is a primer that you have to read the directions to get it to work. I’ve seen a lot of people hate this primer for reasons that can be due to consumer error. But, when you get that down, this is magic. This truly keeps my oil at bay, and I am a blotting sheet full of oil when touching up kind of girl. This primer holds it off and keeps my makeup in place. My only issue with it sometimes is how it reacts to some foundations. It really acts like a magnet, so sometimes the foundations will suck straight onto the areas you’ve applied the primer. Best way to help with that is to work fast and apply your foundation with a sponge.
Cherry 🍒.
Bronx, NY
I received a travel size version of this product and I was very excited to try this out because 1, I am extremely oily with large pores and I have heard good things about how much this primer sucks in oil and pores. This did the opposite! I am soooo dissappointed in the lack of *matte* and *poreless* priming it does. I have tried using this in various ways and each time it did not work well. First off, it is so thick that whether I tried to apply little or alot of product it always dried and crumbled on my face. I tried to use this under powder, over powder, only on my tzone, all over my face, and it just did not work. Since it did not work as a primer for me, I decided to take it with me while out on the go for touch ups. When I got oily I would apply a bit on my face to soak in the oil. Within 10-15 minutes I looked shiny again. I really wanted to love this product. Can't figure out why it does not work on me when I am the skin type that it states to help. Missed the mark for me in MY opinion.
Sheela V.
I have pretty oily skin. You see the mattifying effect instantly, like it makes my face look desert dry but the weird thing is, it doesn't hold back oil? Like at all? I was oily within 2 hours with this one. I wasn't like, gross oily but I was noticeably oily. I tried to pat it, dab it, rub it in, so many methods and I got the same results. And wherever I put it my face gets white idk what's up with that. It just doesn't work for me which is a bummer because I had really high hopes for it.
Sonisha M.
It definitely works if used correctly. I had to experiment with it before it actually worked. I took off two stars because no primer should be this difficult. It should be as simple as applying it the oily areas. In order to make sure the primer doesn't create little balls all over your face, it would need to be warmed up first but even then doing so can cause the primer to dry up before its even applied. Overall I hate the application but once it's done right it does do the job.
Cassandra O.
Houston
This primer is bomb! I haven't repurchased because it is just way too expensive and is not an absolute must have now that we're approaching the cooler months. But I will definitely be revisiting this when it heats up again. I have dry/normal skin, and definitely think this is better suited for oily skin types. However, this works wonders in areas where I crease or get oily - smile lines, under eye creasing and occasional oily t-zones! It's a thicker primer, so it takes a little elbow grease to work it in (but you don't want to pull your skin too much trying to apply it though), and it is quite pricey, even for the travel size (which by the way I'm sad they increased the price on -- was $13, now $20). If you have the money to spend, then this is definitely something worth having in your collection!  BECCA Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector™
Hannah C.
Fort Myers, FL
How well does this work for someone with extremely oily skin??
Lacey P.
How much does this improve the wear time on makeup? I have very oily skin and my makeup often melts off.
Leticia R.
New york, NY
Does this product safe for acne prone skin?
Nikolina K.
Question has been deleted
Christina M.
Skiatook, OK
Does this product really make you look poreless? I was thinking about trying their foundation, but heard it can settle into pores so I would need a good primer.