BY BECCA #53 in Face Primer

Buy now on Sephora
and get 4.0% CASH BACK with
powered by

A targeted mattifying primer that controls oil for up to 12 hours.

• Is this better than benefit's pore professionals?5 Answers
  • What’s your favorite makeup primers ? Mines is BECCA Ever...4 Answers
  • Picked these up today! Anyone have reviews? (That’s the ...5 Answers
BECCA Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector™
  • "if you are oily, buy this now so you won't waste any more money. i own a gazillion (probably 20-30) drugstore and high end primers to help keep the oil/shine at bay and keep my make up on longer, and i wish i would've tried this one much earlier! you do have to read the application instructions! you must press this into your skin and not rub whatsoever, otherwise it will ball up and peel right off. for this reason, i only apply it to my t-zone since it's a bit of a pain and then i use another primer on the rest of my face. super pleased with this purchase though! my make up used to come off around my nose & chin and this is the only thing that has helped that! set your foundation with loose powder pressed into the skin with a sponge for even more staying powder!!!" in 1170 reviews
Heather D.
Newark
Love this primer! I have very odd skin in that my forehead seems oily, but I sweat a lot at the least bit of heat or humidity. This means that I have had an impossible time finding a foundation that actually stays on my face and doesn't end up on my clothes, keyboard, fingers, phone, etc. And I had tried a ton of different primers with a ton of different foundations - nothing worked. Then I went to Sephora and talked to one of the consultants. I had already done research on the foundation I was going to try, but wanted someone's opinion on trying it with a primer and which one to use. She suggested the Ever-Matte and it's worked great!

When you use it, you have to make sure to "activate" it by rubbing it between your fingers before putting it on your face. You'll know you've activated it when it starts to feel sticky and once you've put it on your face, you'll feel a "pull" as you drag your fingers across it. If you don't feel those things, it's not going to work very well. But if you apply it correctly, it makes your foundation stick a whole bunch better than anything else I've tried, and if you pair it with a truly lasting foundation, you're good from dawn to midnight! (I use  Kat Von D Lock-it Tattoo Foundation ) Every other primer that I've tried seems to feel super greasy when I put it on my face, which means it's not helping my foundation stick very well!
Sky R.
Rayville
Oh, Ever-Matte, my old nemesis. My first run in with this primer was at a well known beauty retail store. One of the employees swore up and down this primer would be my Oily-Grail-er-holy grail. She let me try it on, and I was immediately unimpressed. It was EXTREMELY tacky, and not in a “wow, my makeup won’t budge” type of way. This was a clumpy, tacky, hard to smooth down sort of situation. She said it was probably because someone had left the cap off at some point. I decided to go ahead and buy it, give it a real chance. (I was new to the world of makeup back then). The product did NOT work any differently! Flash forward years later. I’m now a Beauty Vlogger and Professional Make Up Artist. I decided to give this another try recently, and bought it again. Guess what? Same issue. It was uncomfortably heavy and tacky, clumpy, and impossible to smooth down despite my best efforts. I can see how this primer would keep the oiliness at bay-solely because this stuff is so heavy and tacky the oil would be trapped in an inescapable tacky prison of death. I would not recommend this product.
Andie A.
Las Vegas
When I first was introduced to this at Sephora 4 years ago, I thought I had found my holy grail. The woman helping me used a drop of this with the Hourglass Immaculate foundation and I was hooked. It was a 100 degree day in Las Vegas, and by the time I got to work and checked my face, I was stunned and overjoyed at how matte I looked. I immediately bought the full size and continued to use it. Since then I have bought one more full size, and now I’m a little confused... it seems to me that it stopped working. Maybe the second tube I bought was a bad batch? Maybe your skin gets used to it after a while and it becomes less effective? I have no idea. All I know is that it lost effectiveness for me, even when used in conjunction with a mattifying foundation. Has anyone ever experienced the same thing? I really wanted to love this primer forever, but now my search continues for my holy grail... 😔
Kendolyn O.
Fort Lauderdale
If I could give this primer 10 stars, I absolutely would!!! This is a must have item for me, I do have combo skin. So, I’m oily in my t-zone and dry around my cheeks. I use this product everyday. Whether it’s alone with nothing else, or under my makeup. It’s THE BEST PRIMER for oily, combo skin. It’s so matte. I looooove it! I have it with me at all times. Great formula! The only thing that’s different about this primer compared to others is, you do have to warm it within your fingers and make sure it’s tacky before applying. Otherwise if you just apply it straight onto the face, it’ll leave a white overcast if you’re of a darker complexion like myself. Try this product out y’all! You won’t be disappointed. Use that tip I gave ya!
Sara H.
Los Angeles
This has been a lifesaver for my oily skin! I live in Los Angeles and it gets HOT here in the summer months. This primer paired with the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation is my holy-grail combination if I know I need my makeup to stay on. You have to be careful with this primer though - it needs to be pressed into the skin rather than rubbed. It will ball up if it gets rubbed into the skin too much. So I like to put a pea sized amount of the primer on my fingers, rub my fingers together a little bit to warm it up, them once my fingers are saturated, press the product onto my nose and T-zone. It does dry down very matte, but for me that's exactly what I want. This stuff really is so great!
Stacy I.
Chesterfield
Let me just say that my face is an oil slick and this is the only primer that really works for me.  I have tried dozens of other primers, both drug store and high end and I always come back to this.  I recently tried the Benefit Porefessional Matte Rescue based on a recommendation from the Ulta girl.....it did absolutely NOTHING for me so I returned and went back to my old standby Becca!  All of the other primers leave that silicone "slick" feeling which I hate.....I love that this ones dries down so matte.  And you can pat a little on top of your makeup if that shiny look starts breaking through!
Jessyka V.
This is a primer that you have to read the directions to get it to work. I’ve seen a lot of people hate this primer for reasons that can be due to consumer error. But, when you get that down, this is magic. This truly keeps my oil at bay, and I am a blotting sheet full of oil when touching up kind of girl. This primer holds it off and keeps my makeup in place. My only issue with it sometimes is how it reacts to some foundations. It really acts like a magnet, so sometimes the foundations will suck straight onto the areas you’ve applied the primer. Best way to help with that is to work fast and apply your foundation with a sponge.
Yvonne M.
Shelburne, MA
So the first few times I used this I was completely doing it wrong and was very close to just returning the item for something else or for my money back. But I kept hearing rave reviews to people with oily skin. After several YouTube videos and reading instructions I’ve come to realize you must and I mean You MUST rub a DIME size amount between your fingers and press/pat against your T-Zone or wherever your problem areas are. And once I figured out how to do so I have been so in love with this product!!! My forehead shin and front cheeks area seem to produce a lot of oil and I began using this, properly of course, and I’ve noticed an improvement on the wear of my makeup. The product has no smell, but it is a bit thick to get out. If you apply to much and rub it, it will clump up and roll off the face, so following instructions and using very little is the key to properly using this primer. Price wise it was a decent amount, bought at my local ULTA. This has been my go to product for humid hot days and working on the ambulance.
Carrie F.
Dubuque, IA
So I have never came across a product that works so well! Im not sure if it has any sun protection in it, but its works amazingly. It is so easy to apply, just put some on your troubled shine spots and use your finger and blend out. I use to have to carry around my Kat Von D setting powder everywhere with me because my shine would seep through within hours. Once I used this, I dont even have to put setting powder on. I did realize that this is for OILY SKIN ONLY. I decided to put it all over my face, even spots that dont get oily and I saw it began flaking through my makeup. It was gross! So for all my oily skin women out there, THIS IS MAGIC. I dont need setting powder, dont need anything. NO SHINE ALL DAY LONG!
Alanna S.
Bryan, TX
IF YOU HAVE OILY SKIN, GO BUY THIS PRIMER. I have experimented with SO many primers in an effort to maximize the staying power of countless foundations, and this is the absolute best! I will never use anything else. First of all, my skin is pretty oily. It doesn’t break out as often anymore, but the oil is still there. (For the record, I use tarte’s shape tape foundation, and have a review on this as well if you want to know what I’m using with this primer. It’s the best foundation I’ve come across.) This primer literally sucks the oil right off your skin and transforms it into a smooth matte canvas in SECONDS. I’m not even kidding. This primer is like magic. It looks like a thick custard-like lotion, and I use a pea sized amount to cover my face. Once it warms on your skin, it ‘melts’ and is super easy to spread. Work quickly to spread it evenly over your skin, because it dries fast. After applying, give it a minute or so to completely dry, and you are good to go! I’ve never bought any products from Becca before and to be honest I don’t remember why I picked up this particular primer, but I’m so glad I did. It is a game changer for longwear makeup on oily skin. I would at least try this (ask for a sample at Sephora if you can) if your face is oily. I will never look back!!
Hannah C.
Orlando , FL
How well does this work for someone with extremely oily skin??
Lacey P.
How much does this improve the wear time on makeup? I have very oily skin and my makeup often melts off.
Tisha R.
Does this product safe for acne prone skin?
Christina M.
Skiatook, OK
Does this product really make you look poreless? I was thinking about trying their foundation, but heard it can settle into pores so I would need a good primer.
Nikolina K.