BECCA Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector™

A targeted mattifying primer that controls oil for up to 12 hours.

Natural mattifying complex & protective antioxidants work below skin’s surface to regulate oil production while nourishing skin. Formulated without dehydrating alcohol that can disrupt skin’s natural moisture barrier & disturb makeup. Appropriate for all skin types; especially beneficial for oily skin. Wear alone or apply before foundation to create a matte, poreless canvas. This product is cruelty-free.

Water, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylene Glycol, Enantia Chlorantha Bark Extract, Oleanolic Acid

How long does this primer keep a person with oily skin matte?
I want to share with you my thoughts on this product,the main thing is that it is focused on cosumer It is very good. I am a very frequent consumer, I have been using it for a long time and it is quite a quality product at an acceptable price??
Is this product hard to apply?
Start your review of BECCA Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector™!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“if you are oily, buy this now so you won't waste any more money. i own a gazillion (probably 20-30) drugstore and high end primers to help keep the oil/shine at bay and keep my make up on longer, and i wish i would've tried this one much earlier! you do have to read the application instructions! you must press this into your skin and not rub whatsoever, otherwise it will ball up and peel right off. for this reason, i only apply it to my t-zone since it's a bit of a pain and then i use another primer on the rest of my face. super pleased with this purchase though! my make up used to come off around my nose & chin and this is the only thing that has helped that! set your foundation with loose powder pressed into the skin with a sponge for even more staying powder!!!” in reviews
Wdm, IA
Purchased at: ULTA
Rarely EVER do I say a product is horrible, because usually I can finesse something to make it work… Not this. I wanted this to work so bad. Matte + Poreless is hard to find together and it’s everything I need. This did not sit on my skin well. I tried rubbing it in and it got dry and flaky. I used it with multiple foundations and it made my skin look dry and cakey. Never have I ever had that happen to be before. I wore it for 8+ hours while I was at work and I was so embarrassed. My foundation was coming off on my chin, it looked like I had dry skin around my mouth and under my eyes were the worst part. It gave me a preview of what my wrinkles will look like. I tried softening it out but it didn’t work. The second it contacted my skin it felt a lot like the smash box primer with a silicone feel but instead it wasn’t smooth. By far worst primer experience ever. Thankful I only had a sample and not the full size. 1000/10 do not recommend.
Huntingtn Bch, CA
This is a tough primer to work with...you have to have the right skin for it, and also have the right amount to apply, and learn to apply it correctly. I used to have oily skin, but now my skin is doing this weird very oily, but also very dry thing...so I don't know that this is the right primer for me. Definitely don't apply it to your entire face. You have to use about a pea sized amount- and warm it up inbetween your fingers before applying, and then you tap it on..I usually just apply it in my t-zone.. but my nose have been very oily on the sides, but very dry on the top..so now isn't the best time for me to use this primer because on the dry spots, my foundation just gets cakey, and separates and looks like a disaster. Yeah I just don't have the time to deal with the primer..lol.
Frostburg, MD
This is literally my favorite primer I have ever owned (and I've owned a lot). For those of us that are cursed with the most oily skin imaginable, this is for you. It is extremely mattifying and shrinks your pores. When I wear this stuff my friends tell me that my skin looks better or that it looks like it's clearing up (I do have troubled skin). Also it is pricey which is the only con I could really think of but seeing as it lasted me basically a whole year (wearing makeup every day of the week) it's totally worth it. You only need a little product because this stuff is pretty thick so it goes a long way! Since I have dry skin too I just make sure I exfoliate well before applying this stuff or it can be a bit drying.
Thornton, CO
The Becca Ever-Matte primer is incredible! This stuff has the best staying power of any primer I have ever used. I use this primer when I go to comic con because it can keep my makeup looking fresh and locked in all day long, even under those conditions. It does have a drying consistency due to the mattifying texture but if you properly prep your skin it wont' dry you out too much. If you have dry skin though you would likely need to spritz your face throughout the day to keep yourself hydrated. Oily, combination or normal skin though just need to prep properly. If you need something to keep your makeup in place, no budging at all, this is the winner, I promise.
San Gabriel , CA
Best primer! Honestly, I don’t use translucent powder because it keeps me matte, shine/oil free all day. It’s my must-have if I want to achieve the no-makeup makeup look lol. I used to use Too Face but find that it would move after a few hours. I would say, it might not be right for people with dry skin. I have normal / combo. The first time I used this, I almost returned it because I thought it made my face look super dry. However, it was because I was using a matte cream. As soon as I used a more hydrating moisturizer, this primer looked AMAZING. So the takeaway is... make sure you use a hydrating moisturizer with this primer.
Newark, NJ
at first when I got this primer I hated it so much because it left a white cast on my face but theres a certain way that you have to apply this product on, first you warm it up then apply it, and after I learned about this It became my favorite primer ever. I have combination skin and my nose gets pretty oily throughout the day, but with this primer it doesnt. This primer feels like a glue film when you first put it on, and it blurs out everything, because of this glue texture it kinda fills the pore so your skin looks spotless, and makes your makeup last all day without that oily look.
Tacoma, WA
BECCA Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector™ uploaded by Alyssa V.
Purchased at: Sephora
I love, love, love this primer. It is the BEST matte primer I've found, hands down. I've seen a lot of people give it bad reviews but that's usually from not using it properly. PAT it into the skin, don't rub, and use just enough. Rubbing it in or using globs of it will cause it to pull up and flake off. It dries down to a really awkward, stiff feeling but once your make up is on you can't feel it, and that feeling can be significantly helped by not using too much. This was my first BECCA product and now I'm hooked on the 24 hour Ultimate Coverage foundation too.
Lenexa, KS
Not your typical matte primer. MUST follow directions to have any benefit and to not leave a white film on face. Lightly press into face and do not rub like like a lotion. If you follow directions as directed, IT IS AMAZING. If you rub it in like a normal lotion/primer, you will be left feeling tacky and with a white film on face. Works wonders for mattifying purposes (we are talking hours) but did not see any benefit to pores. For reference, I have very oily skin and without primer or powder have to touch up every 2 or 3 hours.
Cliffside Pk, NJ
there is a learning curve with this otherwise fantastic miracle primer. once you learn how much (or how little, as it were) to use and how to warm it up beforehand it's a miracle in a bottle, also how to moisturize before hand. fills in every single surface of your face AND dries to a matte so your foundation is gripped and stays put, unlike other pore smoothing primers that tend to sit on the surface and slide off quickly. but definitely use an oil base beforehand, you def need to have a lot of moisture locked in for it to work.
Atlanta
If you stuggle with your makeup running off your face after two hours and being a hot, angry, greaseball mess every summer, baby this is the primer for you.This is the holy grail of primers. I've been using it for awhile and found out recently that it has the higest percentage of whatever ingredient that makes it mattify. If oil does pop up after like 10 hours, I dabb a little on top of my makeup in my T-zone and I'm good to go. Remember to rub between your fingers to warm up the product before patting into your T-zone.

344 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...