BY BECCA

A makeup primer to help blur imperfections and impart a radiant glow.

BECCA Backlight Priming Filter
  • "i received a deluxe sample of this and decided to try it on a work day. my skin is super dry in the morning and then progressively oilier throughout the day. when i first put this primer on it looked good, however within just a few hours i was an oil slick. i had a feeling this would happen as usually "radiant glow" is a red flag for my skin as i will appear so oily. not only did i look oily, but i felt so disgusting. very pretty for dry skin but not for oily!!" in 844 reviews
  • "i got this as a sample in my sephora play box awhile back a never really used it. i'm new to primers i just starting using them. this primer is ok, it does give you a glowy look. i've been experimenting with primers and i found that i prefer primers that have hydrating ingredients to them. this is an all around good primer, is have to use it more to see if i really like it." in 184 reviews
Reni C.
Santa Monica, CA
The packaging is the typical Becca packaging with a glossy dark brown box. The product is housed in a very sleek glass bottle with a pump, which makes it easy to dispense the product. The primer is cream based with very small traces of light particles. It has a soft champagne beige tint. It does have a thick, almost whipped texture but not quite heavy as you would think, it is easily bendable and has a light feel on the skin. It also feels hydrating without the tacky feeling or greasy residue. You can use this on its own if you want just a natural radiant look or mix it with your foundation or use it underneath (as a primer). I use this as intended, as a primer, and it really does give a radiance from within. It is even especially beautiful when paired with a sheer foundation as it allows the light to catch the radiance on the skin. It makes the skin look healthy, glowing and fresh. I have paired this with various foundation textures and it has performed very well. Would I repurchased despite the price tag? Yes.
Areeba Z.
Oshawa , HI
This is the absolute best primer I have ever used. it has a luminous sheen finish unlike other primers that just have clumps of glitter in them. I got it when my skin started getting rlly dry and my foundation was clinging to my patches. This made my foundation look flawless, dewy yet natural. It lightly blurred my imperfections so I didn't even have to use concealer. it kept my makeup from breaking apart all day and kept my eye makeup on. totally recommend this primer, it's worth the price.
Jennifer M.
San Antonio , TX
I like this primer for the glow it gives you from under your foundation. You can wear a very good no look makeup with this primer alone. It helps you radiate you glow. Super pretty but yet soft.
Jenn P.
This has become my latest favorite. I have super #acneproneskin and #primers always seem to break me out. But not this one! I have been wearing it for a month now and my skin is still doing good. I got a deluxe size and a little goes a LONG way, I still have a few pumps left before it's gone. It's a thicker primer, but not silicony feeling, and I tried using a beauty blender to apply it, but I think I like using my fingers and tap tap tapping it onto my skin, concentrating on the places I want the most 'glow' and working outward. Alone it's pretty but under foundation my skin looks so radiant and healthy! I will repurchase (it's in my shopping cart right now!) and I tell everyone about it

#BloomBadge
BECCA Backlight Filter Face Primer
Kayla S.
Canonsburg , PA
Let me just start out by saying, I don't know how I ever used another primer because this stuff is just THAT good. For someone that loves a natural, radiant looking glow (especially in the summer) this product is the cream of the crop. Not only does it work great as a base for makeup but it also leaves behind a lovely subtle glow. With only a pea sized amount use, the results are unlike anything I've ever seen in a primer or really any other kind of shimmer/backlighting I've used before. Even under foundation and blush, the shimmer is so noticeable and lasts all day. My only complaint with this product is the price point. At $38 for a 1 oz bottle, it is somewhat on the more expensive side..but as a makeup junkie and someone who loves a good quality product I'm willing to spend a bit more! I would recommend this to anyone, even despite the price!! I will never use another primer again!!
Sarah L.
Holy FOOOOOK is this primer beautiful!!! I bought it at Ulta for 50% off having never tried it before - the glow I have after having hungover-tired-dehydrated skin is insane. I put a little bit of tinted moisturizer on top and I looked completely glam without even trying. SO happy that I scooped this up I’m just wishing I had gotten more while it was at such a low price!
Katelyn O.
Columbus, OH
This primer leaves your skin very luminous, it creates a seamless filter over your skin and hides imperfections really well. The glow still shows through even with full coverage foundation, concealers and powders.
Thao C.
Quincy, MA
I really like this primer although it's quite pricey. It gives me a little bit of glow and spread like a dream on the skin. It feels very luxurious on the face. I just save it for special occasions.
KELLY C.
Love how this feelings on my skin. I have oily skin, yet this doesn't make my face look extremely greasy. It gives the right amount of glow and it makes me look really dewy. I would definitely repurchase the full size once my sample is used up.
Kuey V.
Fresno, CA
Amazing amazing! One of my holy grails. It gives the best suttle glow that isn't oily. I have oily combo skin and it gives me a glow even with my oils after a few hours and it looks good.
Danielle F.
Winder, GA
I love Becca products but have not tried this one yet? Is it worth the splurge? And is it good for dry skin?
Rachel H.
Huffman, TX
I've heard a ton of good things about this primer, like from Jaclyn Hill for example. :) Is this primer good for dry skin? And what does is feel like, is it a cream or a silicone type product? I really want to try this but I need some opinions please.
Aleksandra C.
Which one is the stronger highlighter? The back light priming filter or Becca's pressed skin perfecter?
Leslie H.
Rock Hill, SC
Has anyone with oily skin/large pores used this, and if so how do you like it?! everyone is raving about it, but I'm skeptical.
Courtney B.
Carmel , IN
Does this cover up acne marks and redness pretty well?

Sephora