BY BECCA #8 in Face Primer

A makeup primer to help blur imperfections and impart a radiant glow.

BECCA Backlight Priming Filter
  • "i received a deluxe sample of this and decided to try it on a work day. my skin is super dry in the morning and then progressively oilier throughout the day. when i first put this primer on it looked good, however within just a few hours i was an oil slick. i had a feeling this would happen as usually "radiant glow" is a red flag for my skin as i will appear so oily. not only did i look oily, but i felt so disgusting. very pretty for dry skin but not for oily!!" in 844 reviews
  • "i got this as a sample in my sephora play box awhile back a never really used it. i'm new to primers i just starting using them. this primer is ok, it does give you a glowy look. i've been experimenting with primers and i found that i prefer primers that have hydrating ingredients to them. this is an all around good primer, is have to use it more to see if i really like it." in 184 reviews
Areeba Z.
Oshawa, ON
This is the absolute best primer I have ever used. it has a luminous sheen finish unlike other primers that just have clumps of glitter in them. I got it when my skin started getting rlly dry and my foundation was clinging to my patches. This made my foundation look flawless, dewy yet natural. It lightly blurred my imperfections so I didn't even have to use concealer. it kept my makeup from breaking apart all day and kept my eye makeup on. totally recommend this primer, it's worth the price.
Reni C.
Encino, CA
The packaging is the typical Becca packaging with a glossy dark brown box. The product is housed in a very sleek glass bottle with a pump, which makes it easy to dispense the product. The primer is cream based with very small traces of light particles. It has a soft champagne beige tint. It does have a thick, almost whipped texture but not quite heavy as you would think, it is easily bendable and has a light feel on the skin. It also feels hydrating without the tacky feeling or greasy residue. You can use this on its own if you want just a natural radiant look or mix it with your foundation or use it underneath (as a primer). I use this as intended, as a primer, and it really does give a radiance from within. It is even especially beautiful when paired with a sheer foundation as it allows the light to catch the radiance on the skin. It makes the skin look healthy, glowing and fresh. I have paired this with various foundation textures and it has performed very well. Would I repurchased despite the price tag? Yes.
Jennifer M.
San Antonio, TX
I like this primer for the glow it gives you from under your foundation. You can wear a very good no look makeup with this primer alone. It helps you radiate you glow. Super pretty but yet soft.
Jenn P.
This has become my latest favorite. I have super #acneproneskin and #primers always seem to break me out. But not this one! I have been wearing it for a month now and my skin is still doing good. I got a deluxe size and a little goes a LONG way, I still have a few pumps left before it's gone. It's a thicker primer, but not silicony feeling, and I tried using a beauty blender to apply it, but I think I like using my fingers and tap tap tapping it onto my skin, concentrating on the places I want the most 'glow' and working outward. Alone it's pretty but under foundation my skin looks so radiant and healthy! I will repurchase (it's in my shopping cart right now!) and I tell everyone about it

#BloomBadge
Kayla S.
Canonsburg , PA
Let me just start out by saying, I don't know how I ever used another primer because this stuff is just THAT good. For someone that loves a natural, radiant looking glow (especially in the summer) this product is the cream of the crop. Not only does it work great as a base for makeup but it also leaves behind a lovely subtle glow. With only a pea sized amount use, the results are unlike anything I've ever seen in a primer or really any other kind of shimmer/backlighting I've used before. Even under foundation and blush, the shimmer is so noticeable and lasts all day. My only complaint with this product is the price point. At $38 for a 1 oz bottle, it is somewhat on the more expensive side..but as a makeup junkie and someone who loves a good quality product I'm willing to spend a bit more! I would recommend this to anyone, even despite the price!! I will never use another primer again!!
Suzette G.
There's something about this primer that makes it absolutely addicting; I don't know if it's the stunning soft shimmer or the amazing feeling of it being applied but It's so good. I received a deluxe sample from a prior Sephora order and was happy to be introduced to Becca Cosmetics by this primer. I only use about a little less than a dime size for my cheeks and chin, and I avoid my forehead as I'm extremely oil there and don't want to shine! The shimmer in this primer is so stunning, just a simple pretty sheen with no chunky glitter. I've received many compliments when I wear this primer; people tell me my skin looks amazing and healthy. This primer claims to blur imperfections and create a radiant glow; I absolutely agree with both claims. After I apply this primer my skin just looks smooth, and has a gorgeous glow. I have even worn this by itself over moisturizer and absolutely love the glow my skin has. I also love mixing this with my foundation for an extra glow and it looks so beautiful! I'm excited to try this during the summer for those beach days. I love that Becca is a Cruelty Free company as well! At $38 a bottle, for a one ounce size, it's pretty comparable to any other high end primer for about the same size as well. Amazing primer!
Kassandra J.
Kenosha, WI
This leaves such a beautiful glow on the skin that shows through your foundation.  I like a dewy finish to my foundation so it is perfect for me.  It feels hydrating because of the creamy texture and this is something I would definitely purchase again.
Courtney B.
Clayton, CA
First off, I will say that I have combo skin. I am very dry on the lower half of my face, especially my chin, and normal to oily on my t-zone, which I typically set with Laura Mercier powder and I am fine through the day for oil control. I bought this product because of the hype surrounding it and the fact that I saw so many YouTubers raving about how using this as a primer gave them such a luminous look. I used this is a primer initially and was SO disappointed. My foundation began to separate halfway through the day and I knew it was the primer because it was the only item in my routine thhemhehat I changed. I tried it a few more times with the same results. I was about to return it when I read online that someone said they had great results when adding it to their foundation. I did exactly that and it have me such beautiful, luminous finish without looking too dewy or oily. I have been doing it ever since and it has been great - even with mattifying foundations! Definitely recommend
Crystal G.
I am all about the glowing makeup trend! I was beyond excited to try this because I have heard so many good things. It does give a subtle glow to the skin however it doesn't last very long and doesn't do a lot to help your makeup last like a primer should. I found that it did make me break out so while I won't be using it again I still think other people should give it a try. At times I feel like it can emphasize the acne scars I have, however that is only if I wear it for more then 4 hours. Overall, I do think its overpriced but its not a bad product.
Courtney G.
New Orleans, LA
This primer is absolutely beautiful! My skin is dry so I do feel that it gives me a bit of hydration with a very subtle glow. It leaves a dewy look to the skin but it's not over bearing what so ever. The packaging is beautiful and feels some what heavy which gives such a luxurious feel! This is definitely a primer I could see myself buying again especially since it keeps my makeup on for the majority of the day! I love this!
Danielle F.
Winder, GA
I love Becca products but have not tried this one yet? Is it worth the splurge? And is it good for dry skin?
Rachel H.
Huffman, TX
I've heard a ton of good things about this primer, like from Jaclyn Hill for example. :) Is this primer good for dry skin? And what does is feel like, is it a cream or a silicone type product? I really want to try this but I need some opinions please.
Leslie H.
Rock Hill, SC
Has anyone with oily skin/large pores used this, and if so how do you like it?! everyone is raving about it, but I'm skeptical.
Aleksandra C.
Which one is the stronger highlighter? The back light priming filter or Becca's pressed skin perfecter?
LaNae H.
La Jara, CO
Jaclyn Hill raves about this primer, and I *usually* love her recommendations, but before investing that much money in a product, I'd like to know everyone's thoughts on it. Did it make your makeup last all day? Does it make you look greasy or just a glow? Does it smell strong? Any other products that are similar?