BY BECCA #12 in Face Primer

A makeup primer to help blur imperfections and impart a radiant glow.

BECCA Backlight Priming Filter
  • "i received a deluxe sample of this and decided to try it on a work day. my skin is super dry in the morning and then progressively oilier throughout the day. when i first put this primer on it looked good, however within just a few hours i was an oil slick. i had a feeling this would happen as usually "radiant glow" is a red flag for my skin as i will appear so oily. not only did i look oily, but i felt so disgusting. very pretty for dry skin but not for oily!!" in 844 reviews
  • "i got this as a sample in my sephora play box awhile back a never really used it. i'm new to primers i just starting using them. this primer is ok, it does give you a glowy look. i've been experimenting with primers and i found that i prefer primers that have hydrating ingredients to them. this is an all around good primer, is have to use it more to see if i really like it." in 184 reviews
Emilie T.
Salt Lake Cty, UT
Yep. I understand why this is so loved. I have dry skin, and this adds such a beautiful glow to my skin. It’s not sparky, or even shimmery lookin on the skin. I also love having my bottle out, it is so luxurious looking and feeling. Really stunning packaging. Just keep a napkin close after applying it to your face (I use my hands, at least). It leaves a residue on fingers after application.
Emily K.
Nanuet, NY
I bought this product for my vacation and it made me look so dewy. It was gorgeous if you want to hide your pores this isn’t for you. One pump of this product goes a long way so you don’t go through this product as quickly if you plan on using this everyday.
Aidee V.
Killeen, TX
So i received a sample from my Macy’s box and i love the glow it gives me. This primer goes on smooth and feels so light and almost hydrating. It definitely helps my big pores appear smaller which i love. I will be purchasing more Becca primers to include this one.
mai m.
Works best on someone that has pretty normal skin, in my opinion. Anytime I had any dryness, this primer would accentuate it. However, when my skin was hydrated and more on the normal side of the spectrum, this primer did work really well. It did give my skin a really gorgeous glow, and it helped my makeup last a bit longer. The only thing I don't like is the fragrance - it was actually offputting until I was able to get used to it. I feel like if you had oily skin, this would probably accentuate it as well.
Hanna s.
Encinitas, CA
I really like using this primer when I’m going for more full coverage. It has a more intensely illuminating formula than my daily go to which is the Laura Mercier Radiance primer but it’s very similar. I use this as a highlighter on my minimal makeup days.
Malika S.
Glendale, NY
I used the Becca First Light filter for a while, and I loved it - it made my foundation last much longer, but it didn't deliver any other benefits and smelled odd so I decided to try something else. This stuff is amazing.  It delivers such a stunning glow under my foundation (any foundation, matte or otherwise) AND make my makeup last longer. I have combo skin and I was skeptical because I thought this might make it look shinier throughout the day, but not at all! It just looks good.
Margaret S.
Denver , CO
I have dry skin and I absolutely love this primer. It is worth every penny. It gives you a beautiful luminous glow under your foundation. It makes the Makeup wear better. It has just the right amount of stick and it doesn’t make your skin feel gross
Kevina X.
Berkeley, CA
This primer was very illuminating, but it also emphasized the small bumps and imperfections on the surface of my skin. I think that this primer might work better for those with dry skin or non-acne prone skin. I have both oily and acne prone skin, but this primer just didn’t work for me.
Courtney L.
This is one of my favorite primers! Iris gorgeous for dry skin. It gives your skin a very pretty, soft glow and hydrates. It has a nice smell to it too. It isn’t too thick which I find a lot of primers can be. It does blur out some imperfections, but if you have large pores I’d recommend using something else with it. Overall it’s a really nice primer.
Tara H.
I received a sample of both this primer and the First Light primer from Ulta. First Light was decent, but this stuff is amazing. Most foundations end up looking cakey on me since I have huge pores and some redness to cover up. I prefer a dewy look but lately it’s been hard to achieve. I tried this under my Too Faced Born This Way and my skin was still glowing somehow THROUGH the coverage from the foundation. I don’t know how it does it, but I am sold and already ordered a full size!
Danielle F.
Winder, GA
I love Becca products but have not tried this one yet? Is it worth the splurge? And is it good for dry skin?
Rachel H.
Huffman, TX
I've heard a ton of good things about this primer, like from Jaclyn Hill for example. :) Is this primer good for dry skin? And what does is feel like, is it a cream or a silicone type product? I really want to try this but I need some opinions please.
Leslie H.
Rock Hill, SC
Has anyone with oily skin/large pores used this, and if so how do you like it?! everyone is raving about it, but I'm skeptical.
Aleksandra C.
Which one is the stronger highlighter? The back light priming filter or Becca's pressed skin perfecter?
LaNae H.
La Jara, CO
Jaclyn Hill raves about this primer, and I *usually* love her recommendations, but before investing that much money in a product, I'd like to know everyone's thoughts on it. Did it make your makeup last all day? Does it make you look greasy or just a glow? Does it smell strong? Any other products that are similar?