BY BECCA #10 in Face Primer

A makeup primer to help blur imperfections and impart a radiant glow.

BECCA Backlight Priming Filter
  • "i received a deluxe sample of this and decided to try it on a work day. my skin is super dry in the morning and then progressively oilier throughout the day. when i first put this primer on it looked good, however within just a few hours i was an oil slick. i had a feeling this would happen as usually "radiant glow" is a red flag for my skin as i will appear so oily. not only did i look oily, but i felt so disgusting. very pretty for dry skin but not for oily!!" in 844 reviews
  • "i got this as a sample in my sephora play box awhile back a never really used it. i'm new to primers i just starting using them. this primer is ok, it does give you a glowy look. i've been experimenting with primers and i found that i prefer primers that have hydrating ingredients to them. this is an all around good primer, is have to use it more to see if i really like it." in 184 reviews
Kaitlyn C.
Dickinson, ND
This primer is amazing. I love it because of how glowy and healthy it makes my skin look! Foundation applies and blends very nicely over top of this, but I do not think someone with oily skin would like this. It doesn't make my makeup last longer, just gives me a very healthy and beautiful radiance. I would definitely repurchase.
Trish H.
Dillsburg, PA
Got this on sale during the Ulta 21 Days of Beauty. My skin has been dull lately and I was hoping this would help with that. My favorite way to use this is paired with matte foundations so it gives the skin some life back and doesn’t look so flat. It really does create a smooth base and it’s never felt oily or greasy on my throughout the day!
Jennifer S.
Broken Arrow , OK
I like BECCA Backlight Priming Filter for a glowy summer look. It makes my skin have this dewy look without an overbearing shimmer. My skin doesn't break out more than usual when I use it either. As far as coverage goes, I definitely need more than this provides alone so I usually use another primer before I use this one.
Heather A.
Spring, TX
I love Becca products! This is more than just a primer. Not only does it blur imperfections giving your skin a healthy, luminescent glow, but it's also an amazing primer for a perfect and flawless foundation application. It ait on the skin nicely and works well with all of my foundations. It's a filter in a bottle! I highly recommend!
Kristina C.
Palm Bay, FL
This is my all time favorite primer. I have normal/combo skin. I love my makeup to look matte with a little bit of dew peaking out to look slightly more natural. This primer helps do JUST that when paired with my favorite matte foundation. It sits under product perfectly and definitely lengthens the wear time of foundation. I love it!
Raquel M.
Hailey, ID
BECCA Backlight Priming Filter this is a beautiful face primer. I like mixing it with my foundation or just under my foundation or mixing it into moisturizer. It gives you this beautiful glow within. Perfect for my dry skin.
Manminder S.
Milford , CT
I usually love Becca products, but this one was disappointing. I purchased this hoping that it would help me achieving luminous, radiant glow. The first day I applied it, I used my normal makeup routine, and I immediately didn't see anything different about my makeup at all, as if I didn't even add the primer to my routine. After about 6 hours, I checked my makeup again and it had worn off, as if I hadn't even used any primer in the first place. The next day, to really see if this primer has actually done anything, I primed half of my face and left the other half blank, then applied my normal foundation all over. I saw no difference in either side of my face at all. Sorry to say but this product is not good!!
Alex B.
This primer is overall good. It is very luminous and it does exactly what it says. It is a backlight primer. The consistency is almost like a serum; which I am not a fan of for primers. I tend to lean towards the silicon primers. Still working on the first bottle. I like to use it in the summer for a dewy glow under a B.B. cream or over a tinted moisturize.
Ry M.
Phoenix, AZ
I wanted to love this... I finally decluttered it though. I suspect this had been breaking me out for a long time. It does give a beautiful luminosity to the skin, but I didn’t feel like this did anything to prolong my makeup wear time... it was basically just an all over highlighter for me. I used up most the of the bottle but I definitely will not repurchase.
Courtney S.
Las Vegas , NV
This is the only primer i've ever used that people have actually noticed! I've literally been told that i'm glowing. It's natural looking yet effective. I'm in love with this primer! I've gotten two friends hooked so far. it makes my makeup stay in place all day and gives me a radiant glow, it really can't get better than that.
Danielle F.
Winder, GA
I love Becca products but have not tried this one yet? Is it worth the splurge? And is it good for dry skin?
Rachel H.
Huffman, TX
I've heard a ton of good things about this primer, like from Jaclyn Hill for example. :) Is this primer good for dry skin? And what does is feel like, is it a cream or a silicone type product? I really want to try this but I need some opinions please.
Leslie H.
Rock Hill, SC
Has anyone with oily skin/large pores used this, and if so how do you like it?! everyone is raving about it, but I'm skeptical.
Aleksandra C.
Which one is the stronger highlighter? The back light priming filter or Becca's pressed skin perfecter?
LaNae H.
La Jara, CO
Jaclyn Hill raves about this primer, and I *usually* love her recommendations, but before investing that much money in a product, I'd like to know everyone's thoughts on it. Did it make your makeup last all day? Does it make you look greasy or just a glow? Does it smell strong? Any other products that are similar?