BY BECCA

A makeup primer to help blur imperfections and impart a radiant glow.

BECCA Backlight Priming Filter
  • "i received a deluxe sample of this and decided to try it on a work day. my skin is super dry in the morning and then progressively oilier throughout the day. when i first put this primer on it looked good, however within just a few hours i was an oil slick. i had a feeling this would happen as usually "radiant glow" is a red flag for my skin as i will appear so oily. not only did i look oily, but i felt so disgusting. very pretty for dry skin but not for oily!!" in 844 reviews
  • "i got this as a sample in my sephora play box awhile back a never really used it. i'm new to primers i just starting using them. this primer is ok, it does give you a glowy look. i've been experimenting with primers and i found that i prefer primers that have hydrating ingredients to them. this is an all around good primer, is have to use it more to see if i really like it." in 184 reviews
Alex B.
This primer is overall good. It is very luminous and it does exactly what it says. It is a backlight primer. The consistency is almost like a serum; which I am not a fan of for primers. I tend to lean towards the silicon primers. Still working on the first bottle. I like to use it in the summer for a dewy glow under a B.B. cream or over a tinted moisturize.
Jaimee M.
Mooers, NY
I got a larger sample size from my boxycharm. I honestly havent been very impressed with this prodcut. It is purple and when you squirt some out it looks shimmery. But after applying it on my face and putting foundation over it. I don't seem to see any dewy finish or any thing like that. I have tried it under so many different foundations including thinner ones and I don't see a difference. As for it being a primer it seems to work alright. I don't see a lot of a difference between that and any of my other primers.
Alexis M.
New York
I use this product before foundation, and it just adds radiance to the overall look. Foundation glides on wonderfully afterwards. This is glowy without being sparkly or metallic. It has a natural finish and can be dramatic if you use a lot. So far, this is the best illuminating primer I've ever used. No breakouts or skin irritation. I've already recommended this to all my friends.
Natalie P.
Olympia, WA
This has to be one of my favorite products of all time. Wether it’s under foundation or by itself it is gorgeous and makes my skin feel and look hydrated and radiant. It also smells amazing! Like coconut and lime! The packaging is gorgeous but the only draw back is how expensive it is but most Becca products are that way!
Aja W.
Sharon Hill
Becca is known for highlighters but this primer is really beautiful, much better then the new purplish color primer which I thought would work better on my skin tone. This primer is really smooth and easy to blend in, your skin is soft and ready for foundation, but i’m not sure if your makeup lasts any longer then it normally would
Naomi B.
Roanoke, VA
I love all Becca products I am not sure what took me so long to give this a try however now that I’ve tried it I don’t think I’ll use anything else I pair this with my NARS radiant long where foundation and oh my gosh this is just beautiful together your skin looks so healthy and glowing I have lupus which causes a rash across my face you couldn’t see the rash it just look like my cheeks were shining I absolutely love this primer
Sierra S.
Shelbyville, KY
I’m mixed on this primer. I love how it feels on my skin. It isn’t to tacky or to shiny. However I do have to really set my makeup when using this primer. Otherwise my oily skin starts to show within hours of applying my makeup, and I don’t like that. For girls who don’t have oily skin it would be great for them.
Shabnam S.
Novato, CA
I’m really picky about primers because I need my skin feeling soft and smooth and a certain way before I apply my foundation. It does give you a somewhat shimmery finish which normally I don’t like but I really like this primer. It does help with longer foundation wear because I find my foundation staying on longer even without the use of setting spray. The bottle lasts really long as well. I had a deluxe sample of it at some point and it took over a month of daily use to use up. You do have to use a little more than You normally would with other primers but it’s worth it. Price is about the same of other primers of the same quality.
taylor 🙋.
Omaha, NE
This primer gave my foundation a flawless, natural finish and had decent staying power. However, I started to have deep cystic acne along my chin and many small blemishes began to pop up where I typically never get acne (I have acne prone, oily skin). After narrowing it down, I realized the only new problem was this primer and when I stopped using it the blemishes slowly began to disappear. It took almost a month for the deep cystic acne to disappear, which greatly upset me that the primer was probably the cause of this. If you do not have acne prone, sensitive skin I would test it out... besides that I would NOT recommend.
lexey m.
New York
I've probably tried every primer out there. Initially, I received this as a free sample (I think at ULTA), and I didn't expect much because I found that a lot of the primers I tried simply didn't do their job. This is a great product that has never let me down. It is perfect for dry skin as it has a moisturizing effect without being too intense or too greasy. It has a subtle shimmer to it, which I love because I typically use a matte foundation, and this brings some light to my face. I've found that this product prevents foundation from oxidizing and overall just makes it last much longer. I won't use my foundation without it.
Danielle F.
Winder, GA
I love Becca products but have not tried this one yet? Is it worth the splurge? And is it good for dry skin?
Rachel H.
Huffman, TX
I've heard a ton of good things about this primer, like from Jaclyn Hill for example. :) Is this primer good for dry skin? And what does is feel like, is it a cream or a silicone type product? I really want to try this but I need some opinions please.
Aleksandra C.
Which one is the stronger highlighter? The back light priming filter or Becca's pressed skin perfecter?
Leslie H.
Rock Hill, SC
Has anyone with oily skin/large pores used this, and if so how do you like it?! everyone is raving about it, but I'm skeptical.
Courtney B.
Carmel , IN
Does this cover up acne marks and redness pretty well?

Sephora