BY BECCA #12 in Face Primer

A makeup primer to help blur imperfections and impart a radiant glow.

BECCA Backlight Priming Filter
  • "i received a deluxe sample of this and decided to try it on a work day. my skin is super dry in the morning and then progressively oilier throughout the day. when i first put this primer on it looked good, however within just a few hours i was an oil slick. i had a feeling this would happen as usually "radiant glow" is a red flag for my skin as i will appear so oily. not only did i look oily, but i felt so disgusting. very pretty for dry skin but not for oily!!" in 844 reviews
  • "i got this as a sample in my sephora play box awhile back a never really used it. i'm new to primers i just starting using them. this primer is ok, it does give you a glowy look. i've been experimenting with primers and i found that i prefer primers that have hydrating ingredients to them. this is an all around good primer, is have to use it more to see if i really like it." in 184 reviews
Malori M.
Vestavia Hls, AL
This primer is perfect for getting that all-over dewy look! I like to use it mainly when my skin is feeling dull and dry or on the summer when I just wanna glow all the time! I will say it’s not great for oily skin because when my skin has its oily days this just enhances that. But otherwise it’s great for dry/dull/combination skin!
Sierra S.
Shelbyville, KY
I’m mixed on this primer. I love how it feels on my skin. It isn’t to tacky or to shiny. However I do have to really set my makeup when using this primer. Otherwise my oily skin starts to show within hours of applying my makeup, and I don’t like that. For girls who don’t have oily skin it would be great for them.
Shabnam S.
Novato, CA
I’m really picky about primers because I need my skin feeling soft and smooth and a certain way before I apply my foundation. It does give you a somewhat shimmery finish which normally I don’t like but I really like this primer. It does help with longer foundation wear because I find my foundation staying on longer even without the use of setting spray. The bottle lasts really long as well. I had a deluxe sample of it at some point and it took over a month of daily use to use up. You do have to use a little more than You normally would with other primers but it’s worth it. Price is about the same of other primers of the same quality.
taylor 🙋.
Omaha, NE
This primer gave my foundation a flawless, natural finish and had decent staying power. However, I started to have deep cystic acne along my chin and many small blemishes began to pop up where I typically never get acne (I have acne prone, oily skin). After narrowing it down, I realized the only new problem was this primer and when I stopped using it the blemishes slowly began to disappear. It took almost a month for the deep cystic acne to disappear, which greatly upset me that the primer was probably the cause of this. If you do not have acne prone, sensitive skin I would test it out... besides that I would NOT recommend.
Emily M.
wantagh
This primer is one of my favorite primers. This makes my skin feel and look super hydrated whenever I wear it. It makes my skin look do we but not wet and it makes me look a bit tanner. The smell this product is also amazing so that’s a plus.
Lindsey M.
I use this everyday! I love it and it is one of the best primers for glowy skin! This is more for people who want a glow that is noticeable while the first light is for those who want to be subtle. I love all of Becca's primers and products, they are worth the money and the hype surrounding them. 10/10 wouuld recommend! Even my friend with oily skin loves It!
Candice F.
Paradise, UT
THE BEST PRIMER IN THE WHOLE WORLD! Seriously I cannot life without it. I have very dry skin and this does not enhance my dry patches. It’s a little pricey, but I don’t think you should go cheap on a good primer! If you want your makeup to stay all day, while also giving you that glow within look, then this is the primer for you! I don’t think I could say enough about it. It’s almost like magic and will leave you looking dewy and beautiful all day long! ✨♥️BECCA Backlight Priming Filter
Rebecca M.
Wichita
I got a sample of this in my Play! by Sephora last month, and I liked it, but I don't know if it's my favorite thing ever. I tried it two ways: as a primer and as a base for my highlight after I had done my makeup. As a primer, it did give my skin a nice subtle glow and looked really nice on its own. I wore it that way since it's too hot to be putting on a full face of makeup right now, and it worked fine for me. I have combo/oily skin and it didn't make me look oilier than usual. However, I will note that this really broke me out the day after using it as a primer. That being said, I don't have sensitive skin necessarily (never broken out to any other primers or makeup) nor do I really ever break out, so that was kind of a red flag for me. Can't use it as a primer anymore unless I want little bumps all over my face. As a base for my highlight, I found that it moved my foundation (Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation) and made it pretty patchy on any area I applied it to. It was very difficult to make it look presentable again. So overall, I wouldn't recommend using it on top of your foundation, but as a base/primer instead. Also note that a little goes a long way! It's very illuminating with just a drop or two.
Lauren D.
Traverse City
This is honestly the prettiest thing in the world. It really glimmers through your makeup and ITS NOT GLITTER. it shimmers. it's a  very light veil that's IRIDESCENT.  It's a thicker potion that can be worn without makeup! I apply with finger tips and dab it on my cheekbones. GORGEOUS
Kamera H.
Greenville, SC
Becca products are amazinggggggggg, especially this face primer!!! It helps a ton to brighten up your face which priming it for a beautiful application of any foundation you use! I love it mostly because I tend to get really oily, but this stuff brightens my face up without making it look too “dewy.”
Danielle F.
Winder, GA
I love Becca products but have not tried this one yet? Is it worth the splurge? And is it good for dry skin?
Rachel H.
Huffman, TX
I've heard a ton of good things about this primer, like from Jaclyn Hill for example. :) Is this primer good for dry skin? And what does is feel like, is it a cream or a silicone type product? I really want to try this but I need some opinions please.
Leslie H.
Rock Hill, SC
Has anyone with oily skin/large pores used this, and if so how do you like it?! everyone is raving about it, but I'm skeptical.
Aleksandra C.
Which one is the stronger highlighter? The back light priming filter or Becca's pressed skin perfecter?
LaNae H.
La Jara, CO
Jaclyn Hill raves about this primer, and I *usually* love her recommendations, but before investing that much money in a product, I'd like to know everyone's thoughts on it. Did it make your makeup last all day? Does it make you look greasy or just a glow? Does it smell strong? Any other products that are similar?