BY BECCA #10 in Face Primer

A makeup primer to help blur imperfections and impart a radiant glow.

BECCA Backlight Priming Filter
  • "i received a deluxe sample of this and decided to try it on a work day. my skin is super dry in the morning and then progressively oilier throughout the day. when i first put this primer on it looked good, however within just a few hours i was an oil slick. i had a feeling this would happen as usually "radiant glow" is a red flag for my skin as i will appear so oily. not only did i look oily, but i felt so disgusting. very pretty for dry skin but not for oily!!" in 844 reviews
  • "i got this as a sample in my sephora play box awhile back a never really used it. i'm new to primers i just starting using them. this primer is ok, it does give you a glowy look. i've been experimenting with primers and i found that i prefer primers that have hydrating ingredients to them. this is an all around good primer, is have to use it more to see if i really like it." in 184 reviews
Katherine S.
SANTA MONICA, CA
This is my absolute favorite primer! Its lightweight application makes it a dream to wear in any environment and great to pair with any foundation. I've paired it with both glowy & matte foundations and both have looked even, smooth and dewy fresh. While this doesn't guarantee that your make up will stay on for a crazy long amount of time, I've found that my makeup stays on and fresh for about 8-10 hours.
Amanda C.
Ugh this primer was awful! A Sephora employee recommended it for my oily skin but it didn’t mattify or hide anything. This primer has i golden tint to it and made my face look even oiled than it was. This product went right back to the store. As for the product in general though, I still wasn’t impressed. I didn’t feel that it gave a smooth finish or did anything special for my foundation or powders on top of it.
Stephanie E.
Denver
This primer is also great! The difference between this one and the first light primer is that this one leaves a brighter glow to your skin and is designed for using when taking photos. It makes your skin look flawless in photos. It isn’t drying and goes on like a moisturizer. It is a great primer for makeup, proves a beautiful natural glow, and makes you look wrinkle free in photos! I would recommend this product.
Katie S.
Such a good primer! I love using this in the daytime when I want a warm summery glow. Everyone has recommended first light, but I wasn’t sure so I tried both and I love the color and luminance this leaves behind much more. As a primer that functions for like, keeping my makeup on longer I wouldn’t say it’s super successful, but it’s a must have for a warm glowy base under tinted moisturizer, foundation, anything.
Michaela K.
It claims to “act as an instant filter” and that it’s “the secret behind the iconic glow”. This primer is literally glow in a bottle and with that being said I can only use this product as that. To highlight the high points of my face. I have to use mattifying primers because of my combination skin but this under my Becca opal or prosecca pop looks amazing! If you like the dewy look, I totally recommend! This is a great product!
Sage H.
Brookline, MA
This primer is perfect for when you want a glow from within effect. It goes on smooth like velvet & is easy to apply & blend out. Personally I like the healthy glow finish without using a lot of products & this will get you there! A little bit does go a long way & since it is so pigmented start off with a pea size amount & add more where needed. The only reason I'm giving it a 4/5 because it doesn't lock down my makeup for an all day wear, but it will last a night out!
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
I love this primer. My skin looks really blah and tired and not bright and healthy. When I put this on it immediately brightens my skin by itselt or even better under foundation.
It's thin and doesn't make me oily or break out.
It is not too expensive and a little goes a long way.
By itself not under any foundation it can be a little glittery but it is definitely able to make me look glowy.
Kenna S.
I'm just starting to get into primers and by far this is the most hydrating and less clumpy looking on me. It goes on smooth dewy, and shimmery. After I put my concealer and foundation on it's good. I have to set my eyes and the rest of my face. I don't know if it lasts all day because some days it looks like my foundation wore off. But it's been better to me than the benefit pore perfecting primer
Beth U.
holton, MI
I got this Primer half off because I just couldn't get myself to pay almost $40 for a primer. I love this stuff. It goes on so nice and you don't need much. It is worth the full price. I don't know that it does much with my pores but I don't have that big of a issue with pores but I do have dry skin and work outside it does wonders for keeping my foundation from clinging to dry patches.
Irina W.
Menifee, CA
I got a travel size deluxe sample and it lasted for more than a week. I am in love! I apply it after sunscreen or blend it with my liquid foundation. It's perfect for day time make-up that I do for work. I am 40 and my skin is on a dry side and has fine lines and this filter does a great job of smoothing, , illuminating and perfecting my skin! For a full size just last week at Ulta!
Danielle F.
Winder, GA
I love Becca products but have not tried this one yet? Is it worth the splurge? And is it good for dry skin?
Rachel H.
Huffman, TX
I've heard a ton of good things about this primer, like from Jaclyn Hill for example. :) Is this primer good for dry skin? And what does is feel like, is it a cream or a silicone type product? I really want to try this but I need some opinions please.
Leslie H.
Rock Hill, SC
Has anyone with oily skin/large pores used this, and if so how do you like it?! everyone is raving about it, but I'm skeptical.
Aleksandra C.
Which one is the stronger highlighter? The back light priming filter or Becca's pressed skin perfecter?
LaNae H.
La Jara, CO
Jaclyn Hill raves about this primer, and I *usually* love her recommendations, but before investing that much money in a product, I'd like to know everyone's thoughts on it. Did it make your makeup last all day? Does it make you look greasy or just a glow? Does it smell strong? Any other products that are similar?