BY BECCA #11 in Face Primer

A makeup primer to help blur imperfections and impart a radiant glow.

BECCA Backlight Priming Filter
  • "i received a deluxe sample of this and decided to try it on a work day. my skin is super dry in the morning and then progressively oilier throughout the day. when i first put this primer on it looked good, however within just a few hours i was an oil slick. i had a feeling this would happen as usually "radiant glow" is a red flag for my skin as i will appear so oily. not only did i look oily, but i felt so disgusting. very pretty for dry skin but not for oily!!" in 844 reviews
  • "i got this as a sample in my sephora play box awhile back a never really used it. i'm new to primers i just starting using them. this primer is ok, it does give you a glowy look. i've been experimenting with primers and i found that i prefer primers that have hydrating ingredients to them. this is an all around good primer, is have to use it more to see if i really like it." in 184 reviews
Audrey D.
Cincinnati, OH
BECCA Backlight Priming Filter will definitely give you a glow behind your foundation. This product has a ton of light reflecting pigments and I have used this as a highlighter on occasion for a natural look. The only complaint I would have is that it does nothing in the blurring of pores, it almost sits like a moisturizer as opposed to a primer. If you are looking for a natural Dewey look, I recommend using this under your foundation or b.b. cream.
Allie P.
This primer is one of my must haves. I’ll start by saying I do have oily skin so I had low expectations when I first used this. I always wear full coverage foundation and my foundation goes on beautifully when I use this. I don’t notice any illumination BUT my foundation never looks flat with this primer. My foundation will last throughout the day and stay out with this primer. I have been using this for about a year and I will keep buying as long as it’s made!
Kristen D.
Haverhill, MA
Ok. It’s glow in a tube. Who wouldn’t love it? This primer gives an all over radiance to your face. Half the time I don’t put any B.B. cream over it. Because my face looks that good. No seriously, for those no makeup days but you still want a little pick me up.. this is what you want right here. It’s not glittery, just a nice sheen. And if you do put a full face on, it’ll help your makeup stay all day. Very much recommend.
Sierra L.
Pearl, MS
AH-MAZING. This primer is one of my favorite BECCA products. Nice subtle glow to go under my foundation. My sister sometimes uses it by itself in the summer and it looks nice. I wish I had an even skintone and less blimish so I could. It doesn't dry too fast and it does have a slight smell but it doesn't bother me. It has a lot in it so it last awhile. I also don't use it everyday becase it is on the pricey side. I recommend buying this. It's a wonderful primer.
Joohyun H.
New York
I have the biggest bottle of the Becca backlight priming filter. I apply this on top of my daytime moisturizer with spf, and this gives the skin a nice sheen underneath foundation. It does smooths and evens out skin for foundation application, but I would say I use it primarily for the sheen it gives to the skin. It isn't the cheapest primer, but I've been using the same bottle for almost a year. I will definitely repurchase once I finish the current one.
Katy F.
West Palm Beach
I love this face primer it's one of my favorites I'm just about out of it I got the big bottle about a year ago and so now the pump doesn't work anymore if I have to unscrew it to open it and take the primer off of the little tube. It leaves your skin feeling ready for makeup application it blurs out your pores and has a little bit of a dewy finish to it. I would definitely buy it again because I think prepping the skin has everything to do with a Flawless face!
Olivia C.
San Antonio, TX
This is an amazing primer! It blurred all my imperfections and gave me a natural glow. I was worried the glow wouldn't show under my foundation, but it did. The only negatives about this product is it's a subtle highlight. I prefer to have a lot of highlight but that's just my personal preference. My bottle also was not all the way full, which I didn't like. If I pay that much for a product, I would like it to be completely full.
Kenzie N.
Absolutely love this primer! It provides a little bit of glowy support underneath a more matte foundation. And it’s perfect for those “no makeup makeup” days for just a little extra highlighting and natural glow with some concealer and bronzer. Perfect for my dry- combination skin! (I wish I could tell you how it responds oily skin though, definitely check out other reviews that are more specific to your skin type!)
Katherine S.
SANTA MONICA, CA
This is my absolute favorite primer! Its lightweight application makes it a dream to wear in any environment and great to pair with any foundation. I've paired it with both glowy & matte foundations and both have looked even, smooth and dewy fresh. While this doesn't guarantee that your make up will stay on for a crazy long amount of time, I've found that my makeup stays on and fresh for about 8-10 hours.
Katie S.
Such a good primer! I love using this in the daytime when I want a warm summery glow. Everyone has recommended first light, but I wasn’t sure so I tried both and I love the color and luminance this leaves behind much more. As a primer that functions for like, keeping my makeup on longer I wouldn’t say it’s super successful, but it’s a must have for a warm glowy base under tinted moisturizer, foundation, anything.
Danielle F.
Winder, GA
I love Becca products but have not tried this one yet? Is it worth the splurge? And is it good for dry skin?
Rachel H.
Huffman, TX
I've heard a ton of good things about this primer, like from Jaclyn Hill for example. :) Is this primer good for dry skin? And what does is feel like, is it a cream or a silicone type product? I really want to try this but I need some opinions please.
Leslie H.
Rock Hill, SC
Has anyone with oily skin/large pores used this, and if so how do you like it?! everyone is raving about it, but I'm skeptical.
Aleksandra C.
Which one is the stronger highlighter? The back light priming filter or Becca's pressed skin perfecter?
LaNae H.
La Jara, CO
Jaclyn Hill raves about this primer, and I *usually* love her recommendations, but before investing that much money in a product, I'd like to know everyone's thoughts on it. Did it make your makeup last all day? Does it make you look greasy or just a glow? Does it smell strong? Any other products that are similar?