BY BECCA #12 in Face Primer

A makeup primer to help blur imperfections and impart a radiant glow.

BECCA Backlight Priming Filter
  • "i received a deluxe sample of this and decided to try it on a work day. my skin is super dry in the morning and then progressively oilier throughout the day. when i first put this primer on it looked good, however within just a few hours i was an oil slick. i had a feeling this would happen as usually "radiant glow" is a red flag for my skin as i will appear so oily. not only did i look oily, but i felt so disgusting. very pretty for dry skin but not for oily!!" in 844 reviews
  • "i got this as a sample in my sephora play box awhile back a never really used it. i'm new to primers i just starting using them. this primer is ok, it does give you a glowy look. i've been experimenting with primers and i found that i prefer primers that have hydrating ingredients to them. this is an all around good primer, is have to use it more to see if i really like it." in 184 reviews
Monica M.
Old Bridge, NJ
I LOVE THIS PRIMER. My skin dries up pretty quick especially during the winter so their matte poreless primer doesn’t really help me. When I came across the Priming Filter, my first impression of it was, “wow, maybe I can get the extra glow I wanted” I even think twice about the consistency of the product. Once I tried it my skin felt soft, smooth, hydrated AND it was shining from every crevice! I used this primer as a base underneath my foundation and it didn’t feel heavy at all. My makeup at the end of the day looked like I had just applied it. So great consistency, not too oily, long lasting wear, and beautiful shine! I plan to recommend this to anyone who is looking to try a different primer 🤗
Michaela K.
It claims to “act as an instant filter” and that it’s “the secret behind the iconic glow”. This primer is literally glow in a bottle and with that being said I can only use this product as that. To highlight the high points of my face. I have to use mattifying primers because of my combination skin but this under my Becca opal or prosecca pop looks amazing! If you like the dewy look, I totally recommend! This is a great product!
Beth U.
Holton, MI
I got this Primer half off because I just couldn't get myself to pay almost $40 for a primer. I love this stuff. It goes on so nice and you don't need much. It is worth the full price. I don't know that it does much with my pores but I don't have that big of a issue with pores but I do have dry skin and work outside it does wonders for keeping my foundation from clinging to dry patches.
Irina W.
Menifee, CA
I got a travel size deluxe sample and it lasted for more than a week. I am in love! I apply it after sunscreen or blend it with my liquid foundation. It's perfect for day time make-up that I do for work. I am 40 and my skin is on a dry side and has fine lines and this filter does a great job of smoothing, , illuminating and perfecting my skin! For a full size just last week at Ulta!
Laura W.
Milford, MI
I tried this product in a sample and ended up buying a full size. Kind of expensive for a primer but you don't need much. I would use this mainly in the winter to add a dewy look but it may make my skin a bitt too oily for summer. I love how luminous it looks under my foundation - but works best with a low coverage foundation. - sometimes i also use this like a liquid highlight!
Nicole A.
Mc Kees Rocks, PA
I've been wanting to try this primer from Becca for awhile now. It's been all over Instagram so it got me interested and needing to see what that hype was about. I only used it once (I don't own it yet) so I can't say too much about it but I did think it was a quality primer. Guna have to try it again but for atleast a few days in a row next time or maybe with a few different foundations ♥
Erin T.
Orlando
The feel of this primer is great. It goes on very smoothly and foundation layers nicely on top of it. However, it didn’t work very well with my combo skin that tilts more towards oily. After a few hours my foundation would start to break apart, which didn’t happen with other primers. I think this primer would be great for someone who’s skin is on the drier side.
Sarah L.
Holy FOOOOOK is this primer beautiful!!! I bought it at Ulta for 50% off having never tried it before - the glow I have after having hungover-tired-dehydrated skin is insane. I put a little bit of tinted moisturizer on top and I looked completely glam without even trying. SO happy that I scooped this up I’m just wishing I had gotten more while it was at such a low price!
Hanna D.
Camarillo, CA
I'm very timid with glow enhancing primers because I tend to have oily skin through out the year but this primer is amazing!! It gives a tacky feel on your face that's light weight and feels like its tightening your skin but not in a uncomfortable/ disgusting way. In between my fingers it feels like a thin moisturizer. Your skin glows from within! It really does blur imperfections! I would definitely recommend this to others!
Barbie K.
Easton, PA
I use this all over my face daily and I love it. The smell is mild and the texture is light. I love how it brightens my face all over giving it a healthy glow that lasts all day. It's not like a foundation so it doesn't smudge off on clothes. And it’s a great face brightener!
Danielle F.
Winder, GA
I love Becca products but have not tried this one yet? Is it worth the splurge? And is it good for dry skin?
Rachel H.
Huffman, TX
I've heard a ton of good things about this primer, like from Jaclyn Hill for example. :) Is this primer good for dry skin? And what does is feel like, is it a cream or a silicone type product? I really want to try this but I need some opinions please.
Leslie H.
Rock Hill, SC
Has anyone with oily skin/large pores used this, and if so how do you like it?! everyone is raving about it, but I'm skeptical.
Aleksandra C.
Which one is the stronger highlighter? The back light priming filter or Becca's pressed skin perfecter?
LaNae H.
La Jara, CO
Jaclyn Hill raves about this primer, and I *usually* love her recommendations, but before investing that much money in a product, I'd like to know everyone's thoughts on it. Did it make your makeup last all day? Does it make you look greasy or just a glow? Does it smell strong? Any other products that are similar?