BY BECCA #13 in Face Primer

A makeup primer to help blur imperfections and impart a radiant glow.

BECCA Backlight Priming Filter
  • "i received a deluxe sample of this and decided to try it on a work day. my skin is super dry in the morning and then progressively oilier throughout the day. when i first put this primer on it looked good, however within just a few hours i was an oil slick. i had a feeling this would happen as usually "radiant glow" is a red flag for my skin as i will appear so oily. not only did i look oily, but i felt so disgusting. very pretty for dry skin but not for oily!!" in 844 reviews
  • "i got this as a sample in my sephora play box awhile back a never really used it. i'm new to primers i just starting using them. this primer is ok, it does give you a glowy look. i've been experimenting with primers and i found that i prefer primers that have hydrating ingredients to them. this is an all around good primer, is have to use it more to see if i really like it." in 184 reviews
Lisa R.
Holy glowing over-forty skin, friends!!! I had a small (single use) sample of this primer that I saved for a special occasion...I decided to use it in New Years Eve and I was absolutely blown away. Y’all, we have four sons; I’ve always been a tomboy/boy-Mom hard...even my husband said, “your cheekbones look so pretty and you’re just glowing or something tonight”...he NEVER EVER HAS NOTICED ANYTHING remotely similar EVER. When I wear makeup, it’s usually kinda “special” as it’s a break in my routine; this primer though? Life changing. It was very moisturizing & didn’t go on dry like many do...it actually felt like a moisturizer to me, lightweight as well. My foundation went on GREAT (currently using Laneige) and lasted the entire night... I just can’t say enough about this item and will purchase full size for sure!
(Applied after routine skin care with Clinique 3-step, Ginsing eye cream by Origins & under Laneige Cushion foundation & KatVonD lock-in setting powder/concealer. Finished with the Urban Decay setting spray; no filter used for the selfie taken with my iPhone).
BECCA Backlight Priming FilterLaneige BB Cushion Foundation SPF 50
Kat Von D Lock-it Mini Baking DuoUrban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting SprayOrigins GinZing™ Refreshing Eye Cream to Brighten and Depuff
Megan M.
Oak Ridge
I've tried so many "Illuminating" primers that get lost under makeup and just about gave up on finding one I loved. Then I decided to try this. I mean Becca is known for glowing products. It is a shimmery lotion that shouts Illuminating straight out of the tube. A small amount is plenty for complete face coverage. Once applied your face glows. It's not subtle at all, it's a healthy beautiful glow. Once I applied my full coverage foundation, that glow remained. It changed my matte finish full coverage look to a radiant finish that looked less like the dull coverage foundation it is. My husband that thinks my makeup looks pretty even took notice to it and said that's the prettiest my makeup has ever looked. I've gotten many compliments from adding this primer to my look. I'm pleased that I found an Illuminating primer that shines thru my makeup. Plus it is long lasting primer that does help increase the life of my makeup. If you haven't had luck with Illuminating primers or haven't been happy with one, try this one. It is the best Illuminating primer
Q D.
Oak Hill, VA
This primer is very good, in that it didn't trigger any allergic reactions or redness in my facial skin. I have very sensitive and very dry skin, with lots of pores especially at my cheeks. This primer did a very good job of filling of those pores so that there was a smooth and even texture when I applied my foundation later on (Fenty Beauty Foundation). I bought this primer for $38 at Sephora, but it is also available at Ulta Beauty and online. The main thing that I love about this back light primer is the healthy and beautiful glow that it gives my skin- often I wear this primer without even putting on foundation because it gives a very youthful look. The texture of it is variably liquid, and although I prefer to massage it into my skin with my fingers, it also applies very well with a standard foundation brush. Overall, I think that this product definitely works, but at the price point of $38, it's not an essential part of my makeup routine.
Manminder S.
Milford , CT
I usually love Becca products, but this one was disappointing. I purchased this hoping that it would help me achieving luminous, radiant glow. The first day I applied it, I used my normal makeup routine, and I immediately didn't see anything different about my makeup at all, as if I didn't even add the primer to my routine. After about 6 hours, I checked my makeup again and it had worn off, as if I hadn't even used any primer in the first place. The next day, to really see if this primer has actually done anything, I primed half of my face and left the other half blank, then applied my normal foundation all over. I saw no difference in either side of my face at all. Sorry to say but this product is not good!!
Melissa-Timothy H.
Personally, I love this primer. Creates a luminous glow but not over-bearing. It's perfect even just in a clean fresh face!! I love it. I am one who needs good primers though. It's on the higher end scale price wise so if yor unsure or you have sensitive skin, try a trial first. The scent doesn't bother me but if your sensitive to aromatherapy, I'd try a trial size again. Uve seen that it's bothered a couple people but nothing versus all the pros of this incredible product! Becca is a go-to for me!
Brooke H.
Dickinson, ND
love this primer. my second favorite from becca. i love how glowy it is, it’s almost like applying a liquid highlight all over underneath foundation. foundation goes on so smooth and i can apply a matte foundation over top of it and it will bring life back to my face. the only reason why this isn’t my top favorite from becca is because while it definitely gives you the glow factor, i don’t think it is actually hydrating my face (which i prefer in a primer) the price is also not ideal but it lasts me a long time so that makes up for it a little bit.
Rachel O.
I really like this primer! It has a pretty, yet soft glow- especially when you already have a nice base tan. I like this primer when I’m going to the gym & am not wearing any make-up or when I’m at the beach I’ll wear this over my sunscreen. As far as layering under my make-up it’s okay. I didn’t notice it allowed for any smoother of a make-up application compared to my Bare Minerals Prime Time primer. My BM Prime Time works better under make-up, but isn’t something I would wear alone like I do with Becca’s Backlight Priming Filter. It all depends on what I’m doing or the look I want.
Devi R.
This is probably my favorite primer of all time just because of the comments I received from friends and coworkers after I started using it. The comments came from people that usually see my make up from day to day and the only thing that I changed up with the primer I was using underneath. People often asked me if I had changed up my skin care routine because I looked very glowy and refreshed. Would definitely recommend this primer to anyone who's looking to add a little extra to their routine with out having to do anything extreme.
mai m.
Works best on someone that has pretty normal skin, in my opinion. Anytime I had any dryness, this primer would accentuate it. However, when my skin was hydrated and more on the normal side of the spectrum, this primer did work really well. It did give my skin a really gorgeous glow, and it helped my makeup last a bit longer. The only thing I don't like is the fragrance - it was actually offputting until I was able to get used to it. I feel like if you had oily skin, this would probably accentuate it as well.
Jaimee M.
Mooers, NY
I got a larger sample size from my boxycharm. I honestly havent been very impressed with this prodcut. It is purple and when you squirt some out it looks shimmery. But after applying it on my face and putting foundation over it. I don't seem to see any dewy finish or any thing like that. I have tried it under so many different foundations including thinner ones and I don't see a difference. As for it being a primer it seems to work alright. I don't see a lot of a difference between that and any of my other primers.
Danielle F.
Winder, GA
I love Becca products but have not tried this one yet? Is it worth the splurge? And is it good for dry skin?
Rachel H.
Huffman, TX
I've heard a ton of good things about this primer, like from Jaclyn Hill for example. :) Is this primer good for dry skin? And what does is feel like, is it a cream or a silicone type product? I really want to try this but I need some opinions please.
Leslie H.
Rock Hill, SC
Has anyone with oily skin/large pores used this, and if so how do you like it?! everyone is raving about it, but I'm skeptical.
Aleksandra C.
Which one is the stronger highlighter? The back light priming filter or Becca's pressed skin perfecter?
LaNae H.
La Jara, CO
Jaclyn Hill raves about this primer, and I *usually* love her recommendations, but before investing that much money in a product, I'd like to know everyone's thoughts on it. Did it make your makeup last all day? Does it make you look greasy or just a glow? Does it smell strong? Any other products that are similar?