BY BECCA #13 in Face Primer

A makeup primer to help blur imperfections and impart a radiant glow.

BECCA Backlight Priming Filter
  • "i received a deluxe sample of this and decided to try it on a work day. my skin is super dry in the morning and then progressively oilier throughout the day. when i first put this primer on it looked good, however within just a few hours i was an oil slick. i had a feeling this would happen as usually "radiant glow" is a red flag for my skin as i will appear so oily. not only did i look oily, but i felt so disgusting. very pretty for dry skin but not for oily!!" in 844 reviews
  • "i got this as a sample in my sephora play box awhile back a never really used it. i'm new to primers i just starting using them. this primer is ok, it does give you a glowy look. i've been experimenting with primers and i found that i prefer primers that have hydrating ingredients to them. this is an all around good primer, is have to use it more to see if i really like it." in 184 reviews
Ashlee H.
Homestead, FL
Let me start by saying that on Monday,March 26,2018 you can get this during the Ulta 21 Days of Beauty sale for $19. If you need it now it is a 100 pt reward at Sephora right now and it will last you at least a week, if they don’t have it at your Sephora check Sephora inside JC Penny. You need this and you need this now! So go get your sample and buy three next week at the sale. NEXT THIS MADE MY $5 wet and wild foundation look like a custom $$$ super expensive foundation. I use them all high to low price range but this particular foundation cocktail I made of a little Wet and Wild foundation and a drop of Nars Tinted moisturizer transformed me everyone thought I was Halle Berry. But seriously,I was getting compliments for about a week before I realized it was this primer everyone was loving. This makes you look like a sun kissed beautifully glowing island girl. Absolutely radiant. It’s a bit alarming when this golden swirly drop comes out of your primer tube and onto your hand but ooooh mama keep on trucking. Put it on your face and blend/buff/smear it on with your hand. You’re going to look like you are covered in diamond dust and shooting star residue but your foundation will join forces with it and kablam! You’ve solved the mystery of the universe. It’s hard to believe but about a pea and a half amount is enough for your face. I have a fat head so a pea size maybe enough for most people. Get it everywhere. I have oily skin this will feel like a moisturizer going on but you will not be a greaseball by the end of the night. I don’t know what they’ve done here but I’m telling you it’s magical. You’re going to glow, you’re going to have flawless pore-less skin, you’re going to tear up once you see your self in the mirror so make sure you use waterproof eye products until you can handle that gorgeous reflection staring back at you! Also I can’t place the smell put it smells like a natural coconut product to me or like some kind of body butter. It’s not overwhelming but it’s not fragrance free but it’s also doesn’t smell like a chemical. Either way the scent last about 60 seconds before it goes away. Ciao for now
Megan M.
Oak Ridge
I've tried so many "Illuminating" primers that get lost under makeup and just about gave up on finding one I loved. Then I decided to try this. I mean Becca is known for glowing products. It is a shimmery lotion that shouts Illuminating straight out of the tube. A small amount is plenty for complete face coverage. Once applied your face glows. It's not subtle at all, it's a healthy beautiful glow. Once I applied my full coverage foundation, that glow remained. It changed my matte finish full coverage look to a radiant finish that looked less like the dull coverage foundation it is. My husband that thinks my makeup looks pretty even took notice to it and said that's the prettiest my makeup has ever looked. I've gotten many compliments from adding this primer to my look. I'm pleased that I found an Illuminating primer that shines thru my makeup. Plus it is long lasting primer that does help increase the life of my makeup. If you haven't had luck with Illuminating primers or haven't been happy with one, try this one. It is the best Illuminating primer
Jacqueline B.
Feeding Hills, MA
Holy. Freaking. Smokes.
So I've been pretty back and forth about buying this product. I've been wanting to try it but kept asking myself, "Is it worth it? Really?" Well let me tell you. It's flipping beautiful. I received a sample of it to try out. I tried it as a regular primer, underneath my foundation. I really liked it. It made my makeup look a little more radiant, and it did help it last. However, what really blew my mind was when I decided to MIX it in my foundation. I have another primer from a different brand, which is my ride or die primer. I then mix this into my foundation, and OMG. My makeup looks more radiant. My foundation applies more smoothly, and it just looks like I have an airbrushed glow. It makes my makeup look more skin-like. It also helps my foundation last forever on my skin. My foundation already lasts long with the products I use. This just takes it to a whole new level. I'm definitely purchasing a full size of this. I love it... and you should too.
Lisa R.
Columbus
Holy glowing over-forty skin, friends!!! I had a small (single use) sample of this primer that I saved for a special occasion...I decided to use it in New Years Eve and I was absolutely blown away. Y’all, we have four sons; I’ve always been a tomboy/boy-Mom hard...even my husband said, “your cheekbones look so pretty and you’re just glowing or something tonight”...he NEVER EVER HAS NOTICED ANYTHING remotely similar EVER. When I wear makeup, it’s usually kinda “special” as it’s a break in my routine; this primer though? Life changing. It was very moisturizing & didn’t go on dry like many do...it actually felt like a moisturizer to me, lightweight as well. My foundation went on GREAT (currently using Laneige) and lasted the entire night... I just can’t say enough about this item and will purchase full size for sure!
(Applied after routine skin care with Clinique 3-step, Ginsing eye cream by Origins & under Laneige Cushion foundation & KatVonD lock-in setting powder/concealer. Finished with the Urban Decay setting spray; no filter used for the selfie taken with my iPhone).
BECCA Backlight Priming FilterLaneige BB Cushion Foundation SPF 50
Kat Von D Lock-it Mini Baking DuoUrban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting SprayOrigins GinZing™ Refreshing Eye Cream to Brighten and Depuff
Melissa-Timothy H.
Personally, I love this primer. Creates a luminous glow but not over-bearing. It's perfect even just in a clean fresh face!! I love it. I am one who needs good primers though. It's on the higher end scale price wise so if yor unsure or you have sensitive skin, try a trial first. The scent doesn't bother me but if your sensitive to aromatherapy, I'd try a trial size again. Uve seen that it's bothered a couple people but nothing versus all the pros of this incredible product! Becca is a go-to for me!
Alex L.
This is the only primer I've ever used where I feel like it's actually doing something. I have normal to dry skin and prefer a dewy look, so this primer is right up my alley. I imagine if you prefer your base to look matte or if you have oily skin, this is not something you would enjoy. However, this fits my taste perfectly. I feel like it also make my makeup last a lot longer as well as moisturizes my skin a bit, and my foundation tends to not look cakey with this. This is probably the only primer I will ever use except for a simple moisturizer. I recommend if you have similar tastes, but like I said, if you're oily or prefer looking matte, this is not for you.
Brooke H.
Dickinson, ND
love this primer. my second favorite from becca. i love how glowy it is, it’s almost like applying a liquid highlight all over underneath foundation. foundation goes on so smooth and i can apply a matte foundation over top of it and it will bring life back to my face. the only reason why this isn’t my top favorite from becca is because while it definitely gives you the glow factor, i don’t think it is actually hydrating my face (which i prefer in a primer) the price is also not ideal but it lasts me a long time so that makes up for it a little bit.
Kurtisha H.
Brooklyn, NY
Can I just say woah! I got this from Sephora along with the purple shade primer and under eye brightening cream thingy. It was basically a mini set of all 3 , I really like it so soon I'm gonna have to restock ,I was skeptical to try at first but I guess that's why there are YouTube videos and reviews you can check out before purchasing stuff. BECCA Backlight Priming Filter it's makes you so glowy, like a highlight . When I apply my foundation/concealer over it , it's so smooth and flawless , and I don't look at plain as I normally do with just a primer
Devi R.
Boston
This is probably my favorite primer of all time just because of the comments I received from friends and coworkers after I started using it. The comments came from people that usually see my make up from day to day and the only thing that I changed up with the primer I was using underneath. People often asked me if I had changed up my skin care routine because I looked very glowy and refreshed. Would definitely recommend this primer to anyone who's looking to add a little extra to their routine with out having to do anything extreme.
amber f.
Beech Grove, IN
I got this as a deluxe sample in sephora play a while a go and I use it every now and then for going out and when I really want my highlight to pop. I apply it all over my face and it gives my face a shiny/oily appearance. After applying foundation, it does have the "glow from within" vibe going and helps make any highlight pop! I wouldnt recommend using this and a mattefying powder because they will cancel out. As for making my foundation last longer... not too sure about that one. But I definitely do recommend this product if you want that glowy look !
Danielle F.
Winder, GA
I love Becca products but have not tried this one yet? Is it worth the splurge? And is it good for dry skin?
Rachel H.
Huffman, TX
I've heard a ton of good things about this primer, like from Jaclyn Hill for example. :) Is this primer good for dry skin? And what does is feel like, is it a cream or a silicone type product? I really want to try this but I need some opinions please.
Leslie H.
Rock Hill, SC
Has anyone with oily skin/large pores used this, and if so how do you like it?! everyone is raving about it, but I'm skeptical.
Aleksandra C.
Which one is the stronger highlighter? The back light priming filter or Becca's pressed skin perfecter?
LaNae H.
La Jara, CO
Jaclyn Hill raves about this primer, and I *usually* love her recommendations, but before investing that much money in a product, I'd like to know everyone's thoughts on it. Did it make your makeup last all day? Does it make you look greasy or just a glow? Does it smell strong? Any other products that are similar?