BY BECCA #14 in Face Primer

A makeup primer to help blur imperfections and impart a radiant glow.

BECCA Backlight Priming Filter
  • "i received a deluxe sample of this and decided to try it on a work day. my skin is super dry in the morning and then progressively oilier throughout the day. when i first put this primer on it looked good, however within just a few hours i was an oil slick. i had a feeling this would happen as usually "radiant glow" is a red flag for my skin as i will appear so oily. not only did i look oily, but i felt so disgusting. very pretty for dry skin but not for oily!!" in 844 reviews
  • "i got this as a sample in my sephora play box awhile back a never really used it. i'm new to primers i just starting using them. this primer is ok, it does give you a glowy look. i've been experimenting with primers and i found that i prefer primers that have hydrating ingredients to them. this is an all around good primer, is have to use it more to see if i really like it." in 184 reviews
Ashlee H.
Homestead, FL
Let me start by saying that on Monday,March 26,2018 you can get this during the Ulta 21 Days of Beauty sale for $19. If you need it now it is a 100 pt reward at Sephora right now and it will last you at least a week, if they don’t have it at your Sephora check Sephora inside JC Penny. You need this and you need this now! So go get your sample and buy three next week at the sale. NEXT THIS MADE MY $5 wet and wild foundation look like a custom $$$ super expensive foundation. I use them all high to low price range but this particular foundation cocktail I made of a little Wet and Wild foundation and a drop of Nars Tinted moisturizer transformed me everyone thought I was Halle Berry. But seriously,I was getting compliments for about a week before I realized it was this primer everyone was loving. This makes you look like a sun kissed beautifully glowing island girl. Absolutely radiant. It’s a bit alarming when this golden swirly drop comes out of your primer tube and onto your hand but ooooh mama keep on trucking. Put it on your face and blend/buff/smear it on with your hand. You’re going to look like you are covered in diamond dust and shooting star residue but your foundation will join forces with it and kablam! You’ve solved the mystery of the universe. It’s hard to believe but about a pea and a half amount is enough for your face. I have a fat head so a pea size maybe enough for most people. Get it everywhere. I have oily skin this will feel like a moisturizer going on but you will not be a greaseball by the end of the night. I don’t know what they’ve done here but I’m telling you it’s magical. You’re going to glow, you’re going to have flawless pore-less skin, you’re going to tear up once you see your self in the mirror so make sure you use waterproof eye products until you can handle that gorgeous reflection staring back at you! Also I can’t place the smell put it smells like a natural coconut product to me or like some kind of body butter. It’s not overwhelming but it’s not fragrance free but it’s also doesn’t smell like a chemical. Either way the scent last about 60 seconds before it goes away. Ciao for now
Alysa M.
San Antonio, TX
I’ve been searching for a primer that will give me a luminous base so I went out and got this one at Sephora for $38 which is on the higher end for primers but I don’t mind paying more if the product is something I love. The packaging is really nice and high end like all Becca’s products in my opinion so I appreciate that. My first impression of the primer is the texture is not runny but not too thick which I like. It does however have a slight smell to it which I’m not fond of. The color of the primer is a beautiful champagne color with tiny shimmers in it. It does blend easily and leaves a tacky feeling to it. What I don’t like is how I can feel it sitting on my skin! I really don’t like when I can feel a product on my skin all day even after applying foundation, concealer etc. It’s really irritating. It did give my complexion that luminous glow I wanted but I suggest not putting too much or it might make you look oily. I suggest to only apply it on places like your cheeks. I wouldn’t wear this primer alone which I don’t like either because I don’t always like using more than one product for my base. This primer will not smooth out your skin or fill in any pores which I wish it did! It does have lasting power but I’m still not impressed. Sadly this wasn’t worth the money for me.
Lisa R.
Columbus
Holy glowing over-forty skin, friends!!! I had a small (single use) sample of this primer that I saved for a special occasion...I decided to use it in New Years Eve and I was absolutely blown away. Y’all, we have four sons; I’ve always been a tomboy/boy-Mom hard...even my husband said, “your cheekbones look so pretty and you’re just glowing or something tonight”...he NEVER EVER HAS NOTICED ANYTHING remotely similar EVER. When I wear makeup, it’s usually kinda “special” as it’s a break in my routine; this primer though? Life changing. It was very moisturizing & didn’t go on dry like many do...it actually felt like a moisturizer to me, lightweight as well. My foundation went on GREAT (currently using Laneige) and lasted the entire night... I just can’t say enough about this item and will purchase full size for sure!
(Applied after routine skin care with Clinique 3-step, Ginsing eye cream by Origins & under Laneige Cushion foundation & KatVonD lock-in setting powder/concealer. Finished with the Urban Decay setting spray; no filter used for the selfie taken with my iPhone).
BECCA Backlight Priming FilterLANEIGE BB Cushion Foundation SPF 50
Kat Von D Lock-it Mini Baking DuoUrban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting SprayOrigins GinZing™ Refreshing Eye Cream To Brighten And Depuff
Caroline P.
Cranston , RI
This primer gives you that perfect dewy finish! Leaves your skin looking so healthy with a natural glow. What I love about this product is you can wear it without foundation or you can put foundation over it. The reason why I gave this primer a four star rating is, because depending on the foundation you use, I noticed on myself a few spots on my face where the foundation would break up. Works beautifully with a BB cream as well. If your a person who wears little face makeup then this is a primer for you! Not heavy on your skin at all, and has clean perfume scent. This product will last you a while too, so definitely worth the money. Since I use very little product, I focus the product more on the high points of my face to give a natural glow. Can be purchased at Sephora or Ulta.
Deborah A.
Dunwoody, GA
Absolutely love this product. Received a sample with my Sephora Play Box and after using twice ordered full size (so sample can be used on my away trips). It gives just enough glow that you can use as a primer or simply alone, which is what I do during the week as I try to wear no makeup if I’m not working. Gives a beautiful glow, like you’ve spent a day at the beach when used alone and under foundation adds a little glimmer. Did I mention I LOVE this product!

Will say, I have an olive skin tone so not sure how it will look on fair skin but for my fellow brunettes who have a tan or olive complexion...would definitely recommend!
Brooke H.
Dickinson, ND
love this primer. my second favorite from becca. i love how glowy it is, it’s almost like applying a liquid highlight all over underneath foundation. foundation goes on so smooth and i can apply a matte foundation over top of it and it will bring life back to my face. the only reason why this isn’t my top favorite from becca is because while it definitely gives you the glow factor, i don’t think it is actually hydrating my face (which i prefer in a primer) the price is also not ideal but it lasts me a long time so that makes up for it a little bit.
Kurtisha H.
Brooklyn, NY
Can I just say woah! I got this from Sephora along with the purple shade primer and under eye brightening cream thingy. It was basically a mini set of all 3 , I really like it so soon I'm gonna have to restock ,I was skeptical to try at first but I guess that's why there are YouTube videos and reviews you can check out before purchasing stuff. BECCA Backlight Priming Filter it's makes you so glowy, like a highlight . When I apply my foundation/concealer over it , it's so smooth and flawless , and I don't look at plain as I normally do with just a primer
Dee A.
Hampton , VA
I got this as a sample from Sephora at Christmas time. Every time I shopped all through the season for make up, I grabbed another of this sample cause it’s so good! Finally broke down and bought the full size. I love this primer! As I’ve gotten older my skin has lost its luster and this just adds this nice glow to my skin without making me feel like I just look shiny. It’s gives me the look of an inner glow. Or so I’m told! I’ve had friends notice a difference and I tell them all! There are 2 of these primers and I like them both. Sephora will give you a sample and I think you should try it! I will buy this over and over. Works perfectly for me.
Melody J.
Lakeland, FL
Pros:
1. The luminous glow this gives is STUNNING. It's a great neutral shade - not too gold and not too pink.
2. This actually wears surprisingly well. It is a primer after all, but I was surprised how this increases the longevity, given the fact that it's illuminating - definitely doesn't slip around!
3. I love sample size! A little definitely goes a long way, so if you want to try this out, please get the trial size first - it'll last you forever! (I wore this on my wedding day under my makeup!)

Con:
1. Alright, I did say that this doesn't budge. Which, as a primer, is a good thing! The only concern I have is that this definitely brings attention and sticks to dry patches/healing acne spots. So with that in mind, I try to apply this strictly to my t-zone, (where the light would naturally hit) avoiding areas where I'm dry (creases of my nose!).

I would call this product a cult favorite - but I may be biased considering I wore it for my wedding :)
Robin S.
Owatonna
This is so holy grail for me. It completely changed the way my skin looked. I looked healthy and glowy without looking oily. It made my foundation apply like a dream and blended out without clinging to dry patches. It has a really nice scent to it and feels light, creamy and moisturizing. I tell everyone I know who loves makeup in my circle how I feel about this primer. It is life!
Danielle F.
Winder, GA
I love Becca products but have not tried this one yet? Is it worth the splurge? And is it good for dry skin?
Rachel H.
Huffman, TX
I've heard a ton of good things about this primer, like from Jaclyn Hill for example. :) Is this primer good for dry skin? And what does is feel like, is it a cream or a silicone type product? I really want to try this but I need some opinions please.
Leslie H.
Rock Hill, SC
Has anyone with oily skin/large pores used this, and if so how do you like it?! everyone is raving about it, but I'm skeptical.
Aleksandra C.
Which one is the stronger highlighter? The back light priming filter or Becca's pressed skin perfecter?
Courtney B.
Carmel , IN
Does this cover up acne marks and redness pretty well?

back