BY BECCA #26 in Face Primer

A makeup primer to help blur imperfections and impart a radiant glow. Backlight Priming Filter creates a canvas for your makeup, extending its wear from day to night. Infused with three unique Filtering Luminescent Pearls, each one adds a different drop of diffused light. Blended together, they impart a first-of-its-kind, lightweight, whipped fluid that creates a smooth canvas and acts as an instant filter, while the vitamin E-enriched formula minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Backlighting acts as an instant filter, creating a diffused, soft-focused radiance that allows your complexion to catch light for a glowing look. Infused with Becca's proprietary blend of crushed pearls, this primer achieves a lit-from-within look, healthy-looking effect. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates

• I love this product I've used it myself what do you think about it1 Answers
  • What is your favorite primer? I'm currently using BECCA Backlight...3 Answers
  • Which Primer are better? BECCA Backlight Priming Filter or Sma...1 Answers
Reviews (2012)
Buy on BECCA*
Devi R.
Boston
This is probably my favorite primer of all time just because of the comments I received from friends and coworkers after I started using it. The comments came from people that usually see my make up from day to day and the only thing that I changed up with the primer I was using underneath. People often asked me if I had changed up my skin care routine because I looked very glowy and refreshed. Would definitely recommend this primer to anyone who's looking to add a little extra to their routine with out having to do anything extreme.
Allyson G.
Boston
I went to an event at Sephora and a Becca artist put this stuff on me. I didn't buy it at first because I got a gift with purchase that included a sample size, but after wearing it with the foundation I bought that day, I ended up going back to buy the full size of this primer. I love wearing it with their Ultimate Coverage Complexion Creme (a full coverage foundation) to add a little glow back to my face. I don't know if it's really making my makeup last longer, but it just makes my face look so pretty. I do sometimes pair it with a pore-filling primer if I'm having a bad face day. Becca makes fantastic face products and I'm pretty sure I want to try/own everything in their line at some point (when I have the money, hahaha).
Jackie B.
Definitely not for oily skin. It adds a subtle glow which I would’ve liked if I had dry or normal skin but I have combination skin and after sitting with it on my face for a while it didn’t look great. I just looked super shiny. The texture of this is more liquid than I would’ve thought. I may just use this on my cheeks and not my t zone.
Julie M.
Chillicothe, MO
I used this today with my kat von d lock it foundation, and OH BABY, am I soooo happy I bought this at ulta the other day! I got so many compliments on how nice my skin looked, and I realized that I had a nice healthy but not overdone glow that I don't usually have with a normal primer. My foundation also went on easier than usual and seemed to blend better. This is a liquidy, illuminating primer that has a slight fragrance to it. It feels nice on the skin, very smoothing but not velvety like porefessional from benefit. This is actually the first becca product I have ever tried and I am very impressed between this primer and the songbird blush I bought with it.
Christina P.
Newport News, VA
One of the sales ladies at Ulta recommended this to me along with Becca foundation. I love this product so much however for the price, it isn't quite in my budget for regular purchase. I have acne scars as well as acne prone skin. This didn't break me out and it blurred all my facial imperfections. Would definitely recommend.
Emily J.
Where do is even begin? This is an amazing primer. To be honest, I don't know why I didn't purchase this earlier. You get a luminous look while using this primer on your face. I really, really like this:) However, the only downfall is while applying, glitter is all over your hands. Now, I have no problem with us but it can be annoying sometimes:)
Candice F.
Paradise , UT
THE BEST PRIMER IN THE WHOLE WORLD! Seriously I cannot life without it. I have very dry skin and this does not enhance my dry patches. It’s a little pricey, but I don’t think you should go cheap on a good primer! If you want your makeup to stay all day, while also giving you that glow within look, then this is the primer for you! I don’t think I could say enough about it. It’s almost like magic and will leave you looking dewy and beautiful all day long! ✨♥️BECCA Backlight Priming Filter
Rebecca M.
Wichita
I got a sample of this in my Play! by Sephora last month, and I liked it, but I don't know if it's my favorite thing ever. I tried it two ways: as a primer and as a base for my highlight after I had done my makeup. As a primer, it did give my skin a nice subtle glow and looked really nice on its own. I wore it that way since it's too hot to be putting on a full face of makeup right now, and it worked fine for me. I have combo/oily skin and it didn't make me look oilier than usual. However, I will note that this really broke me out the day after using it as a primer. That being said, I don't have sensitive skin necessarily (never broken out to any other primers or makeup) nor do I really ever break out, so that was kind of a red flag for me. Can't use it as a primer anymore unless I want little bumps all over my face. As a base for my highlight, I found that it moved my foundation (Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation) and made it pretty patchy on any area I applied it to. It was very difficult to make it look presentable again. So overall, I wouldn't recommend using it on top of your foundation, but as a base/primer instead. Also note that a little goes a long way! It's very illuminating with just a drop or two.
Jenn K.
Knoxville, TN
This primer is so gorgeous. Not only does it minimize pores and help your foundation last flawlessly all day, but it also gives you a beautiful subtle glow when worn underneath your foundation. I have combination skin and didn't find it too drying as long as I moisturized well beforehand. This is my favorite primer right now!!
Eve A.
Killeen, TX
I tried Becca Backlight a few years ago after being shown it at Sephora. I immediately loved the way my skin felt and how effortless applying perfect foundation was after. The one time I tried a different primer after finding Becca I immediately regretted not sticking to this! A must try!
Danielle F.
Winder, GA
I love Becca products but have not tried this one yet? Is it worth the splurge? And is it good for dry skin?
Rachel H.
Huffman, TX
I've heard a ton of good things about this primer, like from Jaclyn Hill for example. :) Is this primer good for dry skin? And what does is feel like, is it a cream or a silicone type product? I really want to try this but I need some opinions please.
Leslie H.
Rock Hill, SC
Has anyone with oily skin/large pores used this, and if so how do you like it?! everyone is raving about it, but I'm skeptical.
Aleksandra C.
Which one is the stronger highlighter? The back light priming filter or Becca's pressed skin perfecter?
LaNae H.
La Jara, CO
Jaclyn Hill raves about this primer, and I *usually* love her recommendations, but before investing that much money in a product, I'd like to know everyone's thoughts on it. Did it make your makeup last all day? Does it make you look greasy or just a glow? Does it smell strong? Any other products that are similar?