BY BECCA #15 in Face Primer

A makeup primer to help blur imperfections and impart a radiant glow. Backlight Priming Filter creates a canvas for your makeup, extending its wear from day to night. Infused with three unique Filtering Luminescent Pearls, each one adds a different drop of diffused light. Blended together, they impart a first-of-its-kind, lightweight, whipped fluid that creates a smooth canvas and acts as an instant filter, while the vitamin E-enriched formula minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Backlighting acts as an instant filter, creating a diffused, soft-focused radiance that allows your complexion to catch light for a glowing look. Infused with Becca's proprietary blend of crushed pearls, this primer achieves a lit-from-within look, healthy-looking effect. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates

• What is your favorite primer? I'm currently using BECCA Backlight P...3 Answers
  • Which Primer are better? BECCA Backlight Priming Filter or Smash...1 Answers
  • Does this primer help prolong the wear of foundation? 2 Answers
Buy on BECCA*
Natalie A.
Natalie A.
I got a sample of this in my Play! by Sephora last month, and I liked it, but I don't know if it's my favorite thing ever. I tried it two ways: as a primer and as a base for my highlight after I had done my makeup. As a primer, it did give my skin a nice subtle glow and looked really nice on its own. I wore it that way since it's too hot to be putting on a full face of makeup right now, and it worked fine for me. I have combo/oily skin and it didn't make me look oilier than usual. However, I will note that this really broke me out the day after using it as a primer. That being said, I don't have sensitive skin necessarily (never broken out to any other primers or makeup) nor do I really ever break out, so that was kind of a red flag for me. Can't use it as a primer anymore unless I want little bumps all over my face. As a base for my highlight, I found that it moved my foundation (Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation) and made it pretty patchy on any area I applied it to. It was very difficult to make it look presentable again. So overall, I wouldn't recommend using it on top of your foundation, but as a base/primer instead. Also note that a little goes a long way! It's very illuminating with just a drop or two.
Sandy S.
Sandy S.
Review for: BECCA Backlight Priming Filter 1 oz
I bought this sort of on a whim while my skin was having a winter related freak out around Christmas. I am glad I did!

I use Becca Ultimate Coverage Complexion Crème, and while it is an awesome foundation, it sometimes feels like it needs a little help. Especially as it is quite oil absorbing and I have skin on the drier side of the fence.
I don't like too much silicone, and have never liked the feel of silicone based primers (somehow the silicones in the Becca foundation don't feel that bad), so this being water based is amazing.

It lends a really subtle glow to the skin when worn under foundation. It really is like you are glowing, but without the shimmery finish from some highlighters.

It doesn't break out my skin, and in fact, I feel like it has helped my skin be better. Finally, it does keep my foundation looking nice for longer, possibly due to the humectants that stop my skin from drying out so much.
Kayla S.
Kayla S.
Canonsburg , PA
Let me just start out by saying, I don't know how I ever used another primer because this stuff is just THAT good. For someone that loves a natural, radiant looking glow (especially in the summer) this product is the cream of the crop. Not only does it work great as a base for makeup but it also leaves behind a lovely subtle glow. With only a pea sized amount use, the results are unlike anything I've ever seen in a primer or really any other kind of shimmer/backlighting I've used before. Even under foundation and blush, the shimmer is so noticeable and lasts all day. My only complaint with this product is the price point. At $38 for a 1 oz bottle, it is somewhat on the more expensive side..but as a makeup junkie and someone who loves a good quality product I'm willing to spend a bit more! I would recommend this to anyone, even despite the price!! I will never use another primer again!!
Bryanne  E.
Bryanne E.
Review for: BECCA Backlight Priming Filter 1 oz
Oh my goodness I love this primer so much! I received this at Sephora as a sample and I loved it immediately. The consistency is light and feels like you are applying lotion to your face. This primer by far surpasses my previous primer (smashbox photo ready) because of how smooth it applied to my face and it actually felt like my face had just been moisturized. If smells bother you, this product will not be an issue, it doesn't have a medicinal smell nor an overwhelming manufacturing smell. Also, as a little bit of background on my skin, it's a combo of oily/dry and acne prone; so far I haven't had any problems and I usually I don't have to apply moisturizer on face before applying the primer (like I did for Smashbox). Anyway, I seriously recommend this product even though it is a little pricey, this is by far my favorite primer so far!
Stephanie S.
Stephanie S.
Lagrange, KY
Disclaimer: I'm very oily, and I also have large pores near my nose.

As a primer, this was awful for my skin. The luminosity drew attention to my pores - as all luminizers would. It must be hydrating or something because my makeup did not stay on well at all with this. Also, it made me look greasy before I could walk out the door!
Using this product as a primer - I don't recommend it.

I have found that for my oily face, if I prime with a mattifying primer first, then place this product on the high points of my face before foundation, it gives a nice "lit from within" type of glow. In short - using it like a liquid luminizer works for me.

This would probably work best for those with normal to dry skin. It also helps if you don't have dilated pores, acne scarring, or any other skin issues.
Megan B.
Megan B.
I was surprised to receive such a generous size sample of this product in my Play box. I've used this primer several times. I am very prone to dry skin so I've used it with or without applying Hangover by Too Faced first. I find that this can work well with another moisturizing primer if you need it. I also find that this works well with the very matte finish foundation. I have a Lancôme foundation that I like because it stays on all day but it gives you a very dull finish and this primer mixed into it gave it a glow. I've tried this product several times with different types of foundations and it works well with anything you try it with. There isn't a specific reason why I like this one so much I just think it makes your skin look healthier. I find myself reaching for this primer often.
Racheal K.
Racheal K.
Product is known for a luminous glow and tones down some redness and blemishes-does not make them invisible-

How to Use: wear it just by itself, mix it with your foundation or put it on face and then put foundation on top.

Dry skin: Great!!! This will help keep your face glowing and doesn't hurt your skin.

Oily skin: So-So. Probably not your go to primer for a luminous glow. Oils from your face will take over. You could use a primer you have and then this one, but as a main primer, not so great for all day.

Combination: Great!!! It keeps everything at bay and looks beautiful!! Same results as the Dry skin. Can be your main primer and you will be good all day long.
Tiana S.
Tiana S.
Irving, TX
Review for: BECCA Backlight Priming Filter 1 oz
I received a sample of this in my Sephora Play box to check out, and these are my thoughts: First off, let me start by saying I don't use this product as you normally would, as a whole face primer. I did not like the texture on my face and it felt very oily on my combination skin. However, I do really love this as a highlight base! I leaves a nice luminous priming base for whatever I lay down. I do not feel it gets greasy or oily when used in this manner, but leaves a beautiful glow. I think perhaps to use it as a whole face primer it would be better suited for dry skinned ladies? I definitely recommend the BECCA Backlight Priming Filter! 😄
Lexie G.
Lexie G.
Lake Charles, LA
This primer has changed the makeup game for me in a huge way. My skin has gone through a drastic change in the past year and had become very dry. I was having issues with the dreaded foundation cling in my dry areas (even after exfoliating and moisturizing).

I decided to try this primer after seeing great results on people with skin similar to mine. I no longer have issues with my foundation breaking down and clinging to my dry areas, and my more oily areas are much more well balanced as well. I also love the soft glow that peeks through my foundation.

A tiny bit goes a long way, I only find myself needing one pump to cover my entire face.
Kayla H.
Kayla H.
Williston
Review for: BECCA Backlight Priming Filter 1 oz
I bought this a couple of months ago and really wanted to love it. I bought because Jaclyn hill likes it and I love Becca products. I'm honestly disappointed and wish I had returned it in time. First turn off is the smell, some people may enjoy it but it's just to perfumey to me. The formula itself isn't smooth for lack of a better term. As far as achieving the "lumi" appearance does great. So if that's the look you are looking for and can get past the smell this may be for you. The packaging is awesome super sleek and good quality. I know becca is a great brand but this isn't a product I will be purchasing again!
Danielle F.
Danielle F.
Winder, GA
I love Becca products but have not tried this one yet? Is it worth the splurge? And is it good for dry skin?
Rachel H.
Rachel H.
Huffman, TX
I've heard a ton of good things about this primer, like from Jaclyn Hill for example. :) Is this primer good for dry skin? And what does is feel like, is it a cream or a silicone type product? I really want to try this but I need some opinions please.
Aleksandra C.
Aleksandra C.
Which one is the stronger highlighter? The back light priming filter or Becca's pressed skin perfecter?
Leslie H.
Leslie H.
Rock Hill, SC
Has anyone with oily skin/large pores used this, and if so how do you like it?! everyone is raving about it, but I'm skeptical.
LaNae H.
LaNae H.
La Jara, CO
Jaclyn Hill raves about this primer, and I *usually* love her recommendations, but before investing that much money in a product, I'd like to know everyone's thoughts on it. Did it make your makeup last all day? Does it make you look greasy or just a glow? Does it smell strong? Any other products that are similar?