BECCA Backlight Priming Filter

A luminous primer that photo-filters skin imperfections for a smooth, long-lasting makeup application.

Backlight Priming Filter luminizes skin with a veil of sheer, lit-from-within radiance creating an instant photo-filter effect that blurs imperfections & lights up skin with pearlescent luminosity. It’s the perfect glow-giver for skin that needs a boost of warmth & illumination.

Water, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Extract, Panthenol, Silica, Carbomer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Iron Oxides (CI 77491)

BECCA Backlight Priming Filter or BECCA Skin Love Glow Elixir? I have personally used and love the backlight but was curious about the elixir. I absolutely did not like the purple Becca first light priming. Tell how y’all feel about the two, please and thank you? Btw I have sensitive combination skin
Hi! I’m looking for a new face primer but have really acne prone skin. I want a natural summer glow but I don’t want it to look to shiny in areas I don’t want shine! Is this primer to shiny? Or is it a good balance? Thanks :)
Start your review of BECCA Backlight Priming Filter!
How would you rate this product?
Cape Coral, FL
This primer gives a beautiful lit from within glow. Its not too heavy but not really lightweight either unlike the purple becca primer which is very lightweight. It doesnt offer any blurring or smoothing benefits which i tend to prefer in a primer. This product is good. However it can be duped for a much cheaper price, therefore i do not think this is a must have product for me.
San Francisco, CA
I really like this primer but I wouldn't say it's the best. I've been doing a really natural makeup routine and I like how this primer adds a nice little glow to my skin, however if you're someone who like a fuller coverage then this primer is pointless because the glow is covered up immediately. This primer is pretty though and would even be beautiful worn on its own.
Combination / Acne, Uneven Skin Tone, Dark Spots
Madison
I liked this primer and used up both a full size bottle and travel size squeeze tube. This primer is really flattering and gives a healthy warm, glow to the skin. As far as I can tell, it has a sheer base so it should work on a wide range of skintones without looking ashy. I liked to apply this (especially in summer months) alone, under light coverage BB creams, or under full coverage foundations for a subtle glow. This primer does not make my makeup last any longer or sit better on my pores, but makes it more flattering on my dry skin and did not make my makeup look any worse than without primer. I think this is a nice primer and a good dupe for a more expensive, popular primer although it does not work as a highlighter on top of makeup like that product does. There are also much less expensive of products from Loreal and other drugstore brands that work similarly to this product which is why I gave it 4/5 stars.
Dry, Sensitive / Large Pores, Sensitivity
Bellerose , NY
Okay, I love this primer, but it cannot be combined with a glowy or dewy foundation because it will make you look too greasy. I always this when I’m using a mat tidying foundation. It is super hydrating and I love the glow I get when I use it. It helps make my dry skin work with matte foundations.
Dry, Combination, Sensitive / Blackheads, Dullness, Puffiness
Vandenburg Village
BECCA Backlight Priming Filter uploaded by Brittani R.
This was my first ever primer and it pairs with my expensive YSL radiant awakening foundation BEAUTIFULLY! Your every photo will make your fave look as though it was studio lit. I still have it and still love wearing it! It smells very fresh and clean to and seems to have lasting results as far as improving your complexion. Truly a "filter".
Dry, Combination / Fine Lines, Scarring, Uneven Skin Tone
Wichita, KS
I really like this primer. It has a thicker consistency than the first light primer but not crazy thick. It definitely has some fine glitter it in but it makes you skin look so glowy under the foundations. Its a great primer. It reminds me of the mac strobe cream. But I prefer this one.
Combination / Large Pores, Puffiness, Scarring
new Jersey
This creates a beautiful base for foundation ti apply on top of. Somehow this manages to mattify and luminize skin at the same time. It is even beautiful worn alone on clean skin to give skin a healthy, youthful glow. Top a with a little bronzer and blush, perfection
Mount Juliet
My fav primer EVER! I generally have pretty dry skin but also like to use matte foundation so I needed a primer that was going to give me a little bit of “glow” and this is the best one I’ve found! It gives me such a dewey look! I love & highly recommend!
Brambleton, VA
This is the perfect glow from within primer! Sometimes I won’t even use it as a primer, but I’ll put it on top of my makeup as a liquid highlight. I like pairing this with a more dewy-natural finish foundation so my skin looks healthy!
Combination / Acne, Blackheads, Large Pores
Salem, OR
BECCA Backlight Priming Filter uploaded by Alejandra G.
I love this primer for the colder months since I’m oily but during the summer I will still use just avoid my T-zone I love how radiant it leaves my skin so fresh and ready to apply my makeup over top
Combination / Acne, Blackheads, Dullness
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Watertown
Chalmette , LA
3 months ago
haneen R. • 13 days ago
I absolutely love it it gives the skin a glow with in and its hydrating. I have dry sensitive skin
Madison, WI
7 months ago
Jessica S. • 6 months ago
I love Almost everything Becca, I love this primer too, although IMO it’s perfect for a night out. Daytime(and depending on the status of my skin) I prefer the mattifying primer-but at night- this primer does that perfect glossy look!!!