BY BECCA #12 in Face Primer

A makeup primer to help blur imperfections and impart a radiant glow. Backlight Filter Face Primer creates a canvas for your makeup, extending its wear from day to night. Infused with three unique Filtering Luminescent Pearls, each one adds a different drop of diffused light. Blended together, they impart a one-of-a-kind, lightweight, whipped fluid that creates a smooth canvas and acts as an instant filter, while the vitamin E-enriched formula minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Backlighting acts as an instant filter, creating a diffused, soft-focused radiance that allows your complexion to catch light for a glowing look. Infused with Becca's proprietary blend of crushed pearls, this primer achieves a lit-from-within, healthy-looking effect. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates

• I would love to try this product. Is it worth getting?4 Answers
  • How does this work for people with combo/oily skin?4 Answers
  • Ladies honestly do you really see any benefit of primer? What about...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Fahren W.
Fahren W.
Myrtle Beach, SC
Review for: BECCA Backlight Filter Face Primer 1 oz
I love Becca as a line, especially their highlighters, and when I first swatched this primer on my hand it was immeadiately gorgeous! You could see the Filtering Luminous Pearls that are infused in this primer using drops of light technology and creating a flawless luminescent glow as I moved my hand back & fourth in the light! That in itself impressed me. The consistency of this product is lightweight, which is nice, and when I apply, you can see it almost smooth out the face/canvas. It Is supposed to also blur imperfections, but I do not have huge imperfections like scarring or acne, but to be honest- I'm not sure if it would be able to smooth that out or make a drastic difference. The selling point of this primer is that it is one of the few and only primers that makes skin look radiant from underneath the base, leaving you with a natural healthy gorgeous looking glow. This primer can be used on many different skin tones, from the lightest to the darkest of skin types, especially if you're looking to have a more radiant, brightened, illuminated finish; then this baby will deliver and you'll be impressed.
I will say, the end result is nothing too drastic or unwearable, it's not like applying an actual highlighter all over your face. It leaves just a natural, pretty,radiant glow, and appears to smooth out the face making a better application for your base. The only cons of this product are that it's not all natural, like brands such as Tarte or IT COSMETICS, and contains ingredients such as Mica but it is free of parabens so it's not absolutely terrible for the skin. It also does have vitamin E. I have heard some women with oily skin say this product was a no go for them, but they can use it in moderation or mix it into their foundation, and then it works out- it is supposed to be for all skin types. So what the hype is really about when it comes to this primer, is that this is the first primer I have ever seen built this way; one that is whipped, lightweight,uses luminous pearls, and is just so radiant when you swatch it, then smoothes out and blurs as you apply it, then in the end gives a gorge natural luminous looking finish that is so on trend right now. So I would recommend this product for beauty and cosmetic lovers who know what they are doing and what they want; they would definitely love & appreciate this product. Or for people who are highlighter obsessed and live for a nice radiant glow, you definitely would want to add this to the collection to start your canvas with. For customers that like to keep it simple, those that aren't into highlighting, those that are just getting into makeup, or totally matte fans, you probably could do without this primer and could chose something with healthier ingredients, spf, or other benefits other than a glam gorge glow. Overall I personally like it & probably would purchase again.
Suzette G.
Suzette G.
Review for: BECCA Backlight Filter Face Primer 1 oz
There's something about this primer that makes it absolutely addicting; I don't know if it's the stunning soft shimmer or the amazing feeling of it being applied but It's so good. I received a deluxe sample from a prior Sephora order and was happy to be introduced to Becca Cosmetics by this primer. I only use about a little less than a dime size for my cheeks and chin, and I avoid my forehead as I'm extremely oil there and don't want to shine! The shimmer in this primer is so stunning, just a simple pretty sheen with no chunky glitter. I've received many compliments when I wear this primer; people tell me my skin looks amazing and healthy. This primer claims to blur imperfections and create a radiant glow; I absolutely agree with both claims. After I apply this primer my skin just looks smooth, and has a gorgeous glow. I have even worn this by itself over moisturizer and absolutely love the glow my skin has. I also love mixing this with my foundation for an extra glow and it looks so beautiful! I'm excited to try this during the summer for those beach days. I love that Becca is a Cruelty Free company as well! At $38 a bottle, for a one ounce size, it's pretty comparable to any other high end primer for about the same size as well. Amazing primer!
Morgan H.
Morgan H.
Huntingdon Vy, PA
Review for: BECCA Backlight Filter Face Primer 1 oz
This is an absolutely stunning primer! It provides a long lasting glow on the skin. I have dry skin and I adore it. I'm not sure if people with oily skin would like this only because of the luminous finish that could make you look shiny. If you do have oily skin and still like the luminous skin and want to try this, I recommend going for it and just making sure to powder the skin to control your oils so it doesn't make you too shiny or potentially cause your makeup to separate or break up on the skin. I recommend setting skin to begin with, and if you end up getting shiny to add a little more powder or to blot the specific areas! It has a glowy, luminous finish. Not glittery. I highly recommend to others that haven't already tried this product. It gives you that perfect glow from within on the skin. It is pretty intense but underneath or mixed in with foundation is my favorite way to use it. I think you could go overboard with this product if you apply to much, but if applying the right amount it looks gorgeous on the skin. Dry and normal skin I couldn't recommend more to you but oily skin if you can keep up the touch ups at time if needed, I still think it's worth to try out because it gives such a beautiful finish!
Brookelynne T.
Brookelynne T.
Clearfield, PA
Review for: BECCA Backlight Filter Face Primer 1 oz
Love Becca Primers, amongst many other products from this line! But this was my first Becca Primer and it is amazing! The Becca Backlight Priming Filter is amaZing! It creates a perfect canvas for your foundation to last all day and look flawless! It's a primer so it's applied after your moisturizer and before your foundation to create an amazing smooth complexion that hips and hold onto you make up for a fresh look. It is great from all skin types and allows a beautiful glow, the Iconic Becca Glow! No matter your skin type it will never look greasy, oily or have your make up slid or break up! Its very very reasonably priced especially for the amount you receive in the bottle and the fact that a little goes a long way! I highly suggest it and recommend it to all skin tones and textures! BECCA Backlight Priming Filter
monique m.
monique m.
Washington, DC
Review for: BECCA Backlight Filter Face Primer 1 oz
First I will say this is a great product, especially for drier skins and combinations that lean dry. I use this even thro I'm oily but only for certain looks or combined with a oil controlling powder or spray at the end. I'm also always concerned with any primer on darker skin, honestly becca isn't the best makeup on dark skin in my opinion but I don't mind this product as much. It is very metallic looking until you blend the foundation in. I can look like a robot at first. But it is gorgeous after the finish, I like softening the glow with an oil control powder but on my dry clients I don't usually any or just a finish powder. The dewy look is great on most.
Jenn P.
Jenn P.
Review for: BECCA Backlight Filter Face Primer 1 oz
This has become my latest favorite. I have super #acneproneskin and #primers always seem to break me out. But not this one! I have been wearing it for a month now and my skin is still doing good. I got a deluxe size and a little goes a LONG way, I still have a few pumps left before it's gone. It's a thicker primer, but not silicony feeling, and I tried using a beauty blender to apply it, but I think I like using my fingers and tap tap tapping it onto my skin, concentrating on the places I want the most 'glow' and working outward. Alone it's pretty but under foundation my skin looks so radiant and healthy! I will repurchase (it's in my shopping cart right now!) and I tell everyone about it

#BloomBadge
Brooke C.
Brooke C.
Rockingham, NC
Review for: BECCA Backlight Filter Face Primer 1 oz
I love this when I'm looking for a highly Luminous primer if I'm wearing a MATTE finish foundation I'll reach for this it doesn't do much for smoothing the skin or for my pores and I don't find it prolongs the length of my foundation but it will add amazing glow to your skin under any foundation if you're wearing a luminous foundation already this might be too much and could make you oily and if you have a oily skin type and you still want to test this out to add a glow I'd recommend still using a mattifying primer underneath and definitely use a more MATTE foundation because you'll still see the glow coming through with this product.
Tracy K.
Tracy K.
Burbank, IL
Review for: BECCA Backlight Filter Face Primer 1 oz
This primer is great to wear under makeup to give a luminous look to the skin. I especially love wearing it in the winter when my skin is at it's driest. If I'm having a tired morning, I use this under my foundation and it brightens up my skin resulting in me looking and feeling alive again. I also feel like it gives a nice smooth finish to the skin to prepare for the foundation to go on. When I don't use it, I definitely notice more texture. It has a lot of shine to it, so I wouldn't wear it without covering it up with foundation. Unlike the Cover FX luminous primer that I can just throw on really quick when I don't have time to wear any makeup and it completely transforms the look of my skin by making it appear radiant minus the oily. I can definitely say my foundation does look better when using this Becca primer first.
Mitchell J.
Mitchell J.
Waukesha, WI
Review for: BECCA Backlight Filter Face Primer 1 oz
I bought this during the Ultra 21 days of beauty sale for half off, and it was the only one thing that I wanted from that sale.. anyways, I never really did any research on it at all before I got it. So i went and picked it up and i'm so glad I did, I apply it to where I would usually apply highlight so that it would have a little bit of luminosity already before applying highlight. It feels great on the skin, I have combo skin and it doesn't make me look greasy at all. I can also wear it without foundation and it make you skin look luminous and gorgeous. I really love this stuff a lot and if you're looking for something that adds a little bit of glow to your everyday look, this is the way to go.
Olivia R.
Olivia R.
Review for: BECCA Backlight Filter Face Primer 1 oz
This is my favorite primer! It keeps the undertone of my skin glowy even if I bake my concealer or use any powder at all. It's also a perfect base for makeup and holds tight to it without being sticky. I also love the smell, is soft and light and a bit citrusy. Even use it on it's own with moisturizer for a subtle glow without makeup. Love u, BECCA Backlight Priming Filter
Courtney B.
Courtney B.
Carmel , IN
Does this cover up acne marks and redness pretty well?
Iris R.
Iris R.
Brooklyn , NY
Ia this really good. I cant finf a primer that reducea my pores.
Debbie h.
Debbie h.
Newton, NC
Is this worth the cost? Does it work really well?
Lizzy H.
Lizzy H.
Pottsville, PA
Does this really work??
Alexssa H.
Alexssa H.
Prescott Valley, AZ
I would love to try this product. Is it worth getting?