BY BECCA

A light, buildable, liquid foundation that imparts subtle luminosity with a weightless feel.

Nicole A.
Baltimore
Review for: Fair more...
I am in my 30s and have combo skin so I bought this thinking it would be perfect for me. It claims to be a foundation for all skin types with medium coverage and a radiant finish. Sadly, it did not give me the results I wanted. Here is my feedback based on my experience with this product and their claims:

Skin Types/Lasting Power: I do not agree that this is for all skin types. It slips off after a few hours and settles into fine lines and emphasizes texture you didn't even know you had. It also clung to any dry patches that I had.  I tried using this multiple times with different primers and setting powders and no matter what I tried, I could not get this to work. I even tried mixing it with other foundations and still no luck. For reference, I did use two different BECCA primers with this foundation (Blurring and Backlight) and am meticulous with skin care and prepping my skin.

Coverage: I tried applying this product with a brush and a damp beauty blender.  I did get better coverage with a brush but the finish was not as radiant and it looked really cakey on my skin.  When I applied with a damp beauty blender, I went in with minimal product and got a light coverage.  I prefer light coverage so this was okay with me.  I definitely think you can achieve medium coverage, especially if you are using a brush.

Finish: I agree that this is radiant when you go in with a damp beauty blender and a light layer.  I found it to me a bit more natural when using a brush to achieve higher coverage.

Shade: The shade Fair was a good color match on me.  I found that it has pretty neutral undertones.

I gave it two stars because the consistency is really nice (not too liquidy and not thick) and it does have a nice radiant finish when using a beauty blender.  However, the cons far outweigh the pros in my opinion.  It just did not look good on my skin shortly after applying and I ended up looking pretty horrible throughout the day.  I would not recommend this product if you have similar skin type as I do.  I honestly do not think it would perform on oily or dry skin since it separates with any oil production and it clings really bad to any dry patches. Maybe if you have normal skin without any skin concerns (texture, fine lines, etc...) this would work.  Sadly, I will not be repurchasing or recommending.
Chace J.
Review for: Warm Honey more...
I really wish I could have kept this foundation. It worked so perfectly as mix-in foundation for my matte longwear foundation from Bobbi Brown. It gave my skin a beautiful glow and it looked so healthy, whether I wore it mixed in or by itself. This settled in my smile lines a bit, but it's expected of any foundation for me. What threw me off was the color. I bought this in Warm Honey, which seemed like the perfect match when swatched. When mixed in with my regular foundation, I couldn't tell a difference. On its own, this made me look super grey. It washed me out and made me look a bit sickly. The undertone was way too neutral, even though I can usually wear neutral or golden toned foundations. Why name a foundation "Warm" Honey if there's no warmth in it at all? There was no point in spending so much on a product that I wouldn't be able to use by itself. I wish Becca had a better shade range with this product like they do with the rest of their makeup line. The packaging is off-putting as well - the dropper itself never worked that well for me, and I would have to use the foundation that was sitting on the outside of the dropper. I would recommend this if you can find your shade.
Mackenzie S.
Plymoith
I really like this foundation, but I find myself reaching for other foundations most of the time. I think the reason for that is the packaging- it comes with a dropper like applicator. When you twist the top, the center pops up and brings the foundation into the dropper. To dispense, you push that center part and it comes out. I find this to be EXTREMELY annoying and takes a lot of messing around in order to fully master the "proper" way to get the foundation out of the bottle and onto my hand.

As for the actual finish of the foundation, I love it. My skin is on the drier side so this dewy, luminous finish works very will with my skin. It is a lightweight buildable coverage which I love. I have a ton of freckles on my face (and I get even more in the summer time). I have to be very careful with foundations because sometimes they make my freckles look ashy and very unnatural. This foundation doesn't do that. If you're looking for a more full coverage foundation or you have very oily skin I am not sure this foundation would work so well for you. But if you are on the dry side and in the market for a new luminous foundation I would definitely consider going with this one!
Carly S.
Windsor
Review for: Light more...
Don't waste your money. I only tried it because I found it for $13 at TJMaxx, then returned it when I tried it. First, the colors run dark. On Sephora's site there's a shade guide and the model they use for "light" would never be considered light. This was so orange and dark on me when I usually am the second or third lightest shade in a range like this.

Also, the foundation claims to give a more dewy look, but it felt so dry, it was like putting paint on my face. Once it dried and I tried to put other layers of products down, the foundation just dragged everywhere, and my brushes have never done that before.

Finally, the packaging is annoying. They're obviously trying to be innovative, but it's stupid. I already dislike droppers and this one requires so many steps. Twist this, push that, it's too much. Don't waste your money.
dashavia f.
florida
Becca aqua luminous perfecting Foundation cost me $36 but if you got a good boyfriend he loves you he will buy it for you. So mine's did I'm running very low on it and I'm so sad but I only use this for like half of my face cuz my forehead seems to be darker not too dark but it's like a little dark brown so I just try to always make sure all my face is always even but this is a great cover sometimes I use it for my forehead if I want to go for that bronze tan but I'm always trying natural if you get me
Paloma G.
Review for: Beige more...
Great formula for dry skin! It glides easily to the face and has a medium coverage with a skin like/dewy finish. Even though I love the formula I absolutely hate the packaging - worst packaging I have ever seen in my life. The dropper is a total nightmare and never works and because of that I have to use the product around the dropper instead. Another con would be the shades are a bit too dark, I bought the Beige shade (light/medium with neutral undertones) and it was pretty dark for me so I am thinking the Light or even Fair would be okay for me. I honestly wouldn't recommend this to anyone at the moment, the price is quite high for all the trouble you go through with the packaging.
Joseph A.
Ontario, CA
It’s not my favorite foundation but it does not lie when it says it gives you a luminous natural finish to your face. Only o wish I would’ve known it doesn’t fit the best for oily skin when I bought it. I saw that it was water based and assumed it would work for me. It does but it’s definitely not long wearing and it will melt off if I try to push this through the whole day. Although I’m going to give this a go during beach trips because when it does “melt off” it’s still a beautiful luminous mess, and if you’re going to look like that at the beach anyways, might as well go in color!
Tina S.
Light to medium coverage, definitely give a dewy look. Good for dryer skin I'm combo skin so I knew going in my t-zone would probably get super oily as the day went on and it did. But it still looks nice for a simple natural look, I just primed my t zone. The only reason I deducted a star was the color options are limited so the color doesn't really match me. *I paid 12.99 for this* which is why I tried it
Mikaelah N.
Rochester
I was excited to try the BECCA Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation, because it was listed as having a dewy finish and felt lightweight despite being listed as medium coverage. And the claims were true! I really liked this foundation. So why the low score? The color. I grabbed the lightest shade, 'Porcelain'. This was in no way Porcelain. I have it swatched next to Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup in 0.5 for reference. This product also slightly oxidized on me. I wanted to love it, but until they fix their shade range I'm out.
Emma N.
Review for: Beige more...
This is a pretty good option for days when you want sheer coverage! Definitely wouldn’t recommend for oily skin, but works well with dry skin and leaves a luminous finish! The shade range isn’t that great though, and it transfers like crazy, which isn’t great for humid climates. I use this when I only have a few minutes for makeup and want just enough coverage!
Jeannie K.
Did anyone else have a problem with the dropper? Mine won't suck up the product when I click the button on top!
Katelyn H.
Does this foundation work well with oily skin? and how good is the coverage?
Kaitlynne F.
Steelville , MO
How are the Becca foundations? I've really been wanting to try them but I'm skeptical. I have combination skin and I hate foundations that look patchy. Is this a good one?
Noor N.
Ypsilanti, MI
Been trying to find a new foundation to try. Is this any good??
Elizabeth F.
New rochelle , NY
Does anyone recommend this foundation and how much does it cost?