BY BEAUTYBLENDER #6 in Makeup Sponges

beautyblender original makeup sponge applicator Beauty Shop by Category - Makeup (new) see more...

• Is this worth buying? I normally just apply makeup with my fingers.71 Answers
  • Is this really worth the price? It’s $30 in Canada. Will it ma...15 Answers
  • Is the beautyblender original makeup sponge worth getting, I've ...7 Answers
Aaliyah M.
Long Beach, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this product! It blends in my foundation seamlessly even though I have combo flaky skin with breakouts. I love how it smooths down dry patches rather than emphasizing them. It gets much bigger when damp and yet does not absorb all of your makeup. This has the bounciest texture I have encountered in a blending sponge. It is not too firm but still durable enough to last. To all of the people experiencing tears, you have probably been digging your nails into it unconsciously. It is so squishy and easy to do as it is and much more so when you are focusing on getting an even blend. I wash mine with anti-bacterial dawn mixed with virgin coconut oil(to break down the foundation) and massage in until I see the foundation is gone and then rinse until no more bubbles come out. PLEASE DO NOT use face wash that contains salicylic acid or glycolic acid to wash it. These WILL break down your sponge. I like to dry mine laying sideways on the top of the container it comes in. If you lay it fat end down, like they instruct, moisture gets trapped and mold could potentially grow. Make sure to squeeze out all the water you can with a clean, dry towel first to speed drying time so that water does not sit for too long inside it. I find it cleans easiest right after I finish using it. The reason I took off a star is that $20 is pretty pricey for a sponge that needs replacing every 3 months. Also the dye bleeds whenever you wash it. And it could be maybe slightly less firm. But, overall, I love it!
Kat J.
TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Applicator, With Blendercleanser, Pink, Pink, The Beautyblender&Reg; Solid&Reg;, Other
There’s a reason this is the #1 makeup sponge,... For all those complaining about the price or looking for a cheap dupe, you obviously haven’t tried a real beautyblender before. This pretty pink sponge gives you the most effortless airbrushed makeup look. The quality is unmatched by all those other sponges... I love my beautyblender and would never consider getting another brand, because I’m all about quality over quantity. If you do the math and see how many of those cheap sponges you have to buy per year, then compare it to buying one legit beautyblender,... You’ll realize you aren’t saving any money. I did the math and that’s why I’m converted. This sponge is literally the best one out there, no exaggeration. And it’s so easy to use, just wet it, let it expand, and bounce it on your face until you have the coverage you want. If you take good care of it, this sponge will last you quite some time. I replace mine every 9months. So what are you waiting for? Head to Sephora, buy the original beautyblender, and experience perfection.
Murielle J.
florida
Review for: Applicator
I remember when i was trying to apply foundation for the first time with a brush. I looked like a full blown clown with concealer on. My friend told me about this and taught me how to use it and now it's the only thing i use to apply foundation, blend my concealer, and bake with. I bought mine at CVS only because i really needed it to beat my face for an event. One thing I didn't know about beauty blenders is (according to a friend) that it has foam inside that prevents it from growing fungus and bacteria. It blends out the product out so good and so evenly on your skin. You don't need a lot of product when using this. The application looks so natural. several people couldn't even tell I was wearing foundation until i told them. It DEFINITELY worth every penny.
Sophie L.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Let me begin by saying I do think the beauty blender is effective. It does create a fresh natural looking foundation, is good for setting powders and is gentle on the skin. Blends makeup seamlessly. However, I think the work associated with using it outweighs its benefits, given the little time I have/am willing to devote to makeup/looks I am comfortable with. I don’t like that it needs to dampened before each use, because that’s hard to manage when on the go. It’s kind of hard to clean as it gets stained relatively quickly and is apparently not anti bacterial. I don’t appreciate that it is difficult to use dry. If that were the case, I would be more likely to use it on the go. Also, it’s $$$ and now there are plenty of cheaper, more versatile and easier to use alternatives available. If you are a pro makeup artist or are able to spend lots of time on more complicated looks, or don’t mind dampening it each time, you’ll like this. But, if you’re a busy and impatient, natural makeup loving gal, this may not be for you. Instead, I recommend the makeup bullet, or any brand of stipple brushes or silicone sponge (great stipple brushes and silicone sponge s can be found on shopmissa.com)
Kylie B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I would love to recieve a beauty blender for Christmas! I have a hard time applying foundation with a brush and I know this will greatly improve my makeup skills. My local Sephora carries this brand and I would recommend anyone who loves makeup to try this product out! It's very squishy, won't feel rough on your face, and even expands when wet! You can sheer out a foundation with this or concentrate powder under your eyes to bake them. It's very versatile with cream and powder and liquids. I would be so happy to get this! #GiftCrush
Tara H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
At first I was really skeptical of this. I first purchased it a few years ago and the first few times I used it I didn’t understand the hype. After some trial and error I started to love it! It really helps with preventing cakey makeup. I have found this works best if I wet the sponge before I start my makeup so it has time to dry out a bit before I apply. The shape is great for blending out all areas of the face including the under eye area.

The sponge is pretty easy to clean, but I will say that the only cleanser that gets stains out for me is the actual beautyblender liquid cleanser. I have never experienced the color bleeding as others have suggested. This sponge lasted me a few years with usage a couple times a week ( I alternate this with brushes). It ultimately met its end when my toddler got her hands on it and ripped it apart. The only reason I gave this four stars is because I have now purchased the black one, and I prefer it over the pink. I feel that I get better coverage and an easier application with the black bb.
Kristi G.
Rosemead, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've been using beauty blenders for so long that it has honestly become one of my makeup essentials. Without this, my foundation would not look as natural as it does now. Unlike other sponges, beauty blender are designed to keep your makeup on the surface of the applicator. It saves so much product as opposed to other sponges! It gives you your desired coverage as well! You can either use this wet or dry, but wet is definitely the more desired option because you waste less product. It gives you this airbrush finish and eliminates lines/streaks that you'd see when using other application products like a brush. The shape of the beauty blender makes applying more convenient underneath the eyes and other places where your brush wouldn't be able to get. Overall, this product exceeded my expectations and without this, I don't even know how else I would apply my foundation. Highly recommend this product! Way better than drugstore sponges in my opinion.
Julia S.
Valley Vlg, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
When I first got my Beauty Blender, I was obsessed with it. All the reviews are true, it does a wonderful job of evenly applying foundation and is great for contour blending. The problem comes when it’s time to clean the sponge. It’s tedious, and since it’s a sponge, it’s never really 100% clean. And after a few serious cleanings, I find the sponge starts to wear out. I’ve recently switched to using a brush to apply foundation and only use this to blend contouring.
Soyini W.
Brooklyn
Review for: Applicator
The best beauty blender out there! No seriously- this soft sponge perfectly gets the job done. First dab it in water before gently blending on skin. Its great for blending evenly across the skin and doesn't leave product too heavy or too thin on skin. For long lasting use, I wash this blender very well before air drying and for daily use, it lasts me a good 3 months! I'd recommend this beauty blender to everyone looking to maintain a natural blend in their makeup.
Christina S.
North Branch, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
Giving this 3 starts simply for the price, $20 for a beauty sponge is just a lot. It's very nice quality and soft, it leaves pretty much any foundation I've tried with such a beautiful soft finish that looks really natural. You get the best use out of this sponge by dampening it so it doesn't soak up your foundation and then dotting the foundation all over your face and blend it in.
It's better than your average beauty sponge because some of them can soak up a lot of your beauty product. This is easy to hold and squish to get to fit into every nook and cranny of your face, including the creases by your nose. The pointy end makes for easy application of concealer, you can also bake your under eye area with a dampened beauty blender. So I guess just depending on how much you're will to spend on a beauty sponge this could definitely work for you.
Katie H.
Placentia, CA
Is this worth buying? I normally just apply makeup with my fingers.
Erika C.
Clawson , MI
How long does one beauty blender last for? And how easy is it to clean?
Tiffany R.
Does this really live up to its hype? And worth the money?
Melinda W.
Grand Rapids, MI
Are the knock off ones just as good?
Jessica R.
London Ontario
Is this really worth the price? It’s $30 in Canada. Will it make my skin look completely airbrushed and flawless? Or should I just buy the best dupe?