BY BEAUTYBLENDER #2 in Makeup Sponges

What it is:
An edgeless, non-disposable, high-definition cosmetic sponge applicator.

What it does:
The unique shape and exclusive material available only with beautyblender® ensures impeccable, streak-free application with minimum product waste. Use it with foundations, powders, and any other complexion product. Now, the award-winning makeup sponge is available in a fun, limited-edition canister—fit for any beauty queen.

What else you need to know:
Beautyblender’s unique material is aqua-activated™. When wet, it expands to about twice its size and becomes super soft to create an even, smooth blend and bounce, returning to its original size when it air dries.

Beautyblender has chosen to use non-toxic, water-soluble dyes. For this reason, your beautyblender may shed dye for the first couple of washes—similar to a pair of blue jeans. Once you squeeze the water out of the beautyblender, the excess dye is removed as well. The dye does not transfer to the skin.

Beautyblenders are hand-finished in the USA.

• Is this worth buying? I normally just apply makeup with my fingers.79 Answers
  • What's a great foundation brush? I've always used a beauty blender. 6 Answers
  • Who else is in the beautyblender original makeup sponge campaign ...4 Answers
beautyblender original makeup sponge
  • "I received my Beauty Blender as a gift for Christmas and have used it non-stop! I have foundation brushes but I always opt for the easy to use BB instead! It makes my foundation absorb better for a more natural looking flawless finish. The pointed tip makes dabbing on concealer under my eyes easy and fast every time. Although it is a bit pricey, it's results are definitely worth the splurge. Also great for using with mattifying primers as they tend to be quick-drying. Just wet it and watch it double in size! Helps me to not overuse or waste product! Love and highly recommend!" in 2867 reviews
Natalie t.
Seattle
Review for: Pink more...
If you haven't tried the beautyblender, you need to right now even with the $20 price tag.  Over the years I've used everything from my fingers to cotton rounds, other application sponges, and brushes.  None of those methods really gave me the result I wanted despite my best efforts.  SO I started using this about a year ago and I was deeply skeptical when I did due to all the hype.  After a couple uses, though, I understood all of the great reviews.

The best thing about the beautyblender is how even and thorough the coverage is across the face when applying foundation.  The result is a glowing, dewy finish that I've never been able to get with another applicator.  The cleaning process is pretty quick and easy and as long as you keep it clean, it can be used for a few months before needing to be replaced.  Since it's cleaned regularly it's also a heck of a lot more hygenic than some of the other options (most notably, fingers).  It can be used with creams and powders so it's good for foundation, concealer, blush, highlighters, etc.  I've found that the pointed end of it is sufficient for reaching smaller, more recessed areas such as the inner corner of the eye and that it doesn't absorb much product-- there's no more waste than with other applicators.

There are some drawbacks to using this. Most notably, storing it, but there are various holders you can find on many online retailers including Amazon for a few dollars.  The other of course is that it does need to be washed and rinsed with each use to keep it clean and also to use it wet but once I got used to it that became a non issue overall.  It does mean that more money has to be spent on a cleanser and the sponge itself is expensive overall.

The drawbacks are absolutely outweighed by the benefits and I will be continuing to use it and recommend it to anyone else.
Eve D.
Las Vegas, NV
Review for: Pink, Other more...
The new limited edition 'Beauty Queen' packaging is so glam and cute; I'm a beauty queen so really appreciate the limited edition packaging <3 I switched to the Beauty Blender 2-3 years ago and my makeup bag's never without it. Before using the Beauty Blender I was using Kevin Aucoin and Armani's foundation brushes. The difference with the Beauty Blender is that you can really control how much coverage you have, it doesn't create brushmarks or streaks, and is easy to clean. I've never had a problem with the pink dye coming out.

I use it for both my foundation (liquid and airbrush) and under eye concealer as the tip makes getting into the corners of the eyes and around the nose easy with no missed spots. The best way to use it is either to apply your liquid foundation with your fingers first then bounce and/or roll the damp beauty blender to evenly distribute product. With the airbrush, I spray on my face then dab the beauty blender over my face before spraying product directly to the sponge and applying that to areas I want more coverage such as my nose. If people are saying it eats up product, they're probably using the sponge dry; which of course will make it absorb the product which is why using it damp is so important.

Also, be sure to clean your beauty blender with your keep.it.clean mitt or solid cleanser after each use to prevent the build-up of bacteria.

I received this product for free for testing purposes. beautyblender original makeup sponge
Erin B.
Oceanside, CA
Review for: Pink more...
The original and still very best beauty product applicator out there! I’ve used beautyblenders before. I’ve used dupes. I’ve used my fingers, Dollar Tree sponges, etc. Just about everything under the sun. I bought my first beautyblender a few years back, for $20. When that one was no longer usable, I couldn’t justify the price within my budget so I went for a Real Techniques pack of two (essentially dupes). The next beautyblender I ever owned was a Christmas gift, and when that one was finished I, once again, was not in a financial position to spend $20 on a sponge.I’m a casual makeup wearer. In college, I wore a full face almost every day, but now I’m more of a wear-it-for-the-occasion kind of girl. I had such an occasion yesterday as it was my boyfriend’s birthday and we were staying on the Queen Mary (post coming soon). I used one of the blenders I’d been sent to blend my foundation, concealer, blush, and bronzer (I forgot my brushes).It worked just as I remembered. While it absorbs some product, its texture and application really cannot be matched. It’s not too bouncy, like some dupes, and is soft to the touch.
Angela T.
Los Angeles, CA
Review for: Other more...
I received this complimentary for an honest review. Previously to the beauty blender, I was using a knock off sponge I had bought on amazon. It did the job, but my foundation never looked as good as it did when I used the beauty blender. With the knock off one, my foundation would appear somewhat patchy. But the beauty blender works so well blending in foundation, applying cream contour or cream highlight, as well as using for baking and other things. I especially love it for baking under my eyes, as the tip is perfect to get in the corners! The shape also make it replay easy to blend my concealer as well.

I didn’t have any trouble cleaning my beauty blender at all. The sponge is really easy to clean with the blender cleanser solid. It is by far the best sponge and brush cleaner I’ve used and is now the only cleanser I use for my makeup tools. The keep.it.clean also make it really easy to get makeup out of my sponges and brushes. Previously, I was using a silicon fave scrubber to clean my brushes, but the keep.it.clean is a great size to make and makes is a lot faster to clean my tools.

However, if you cannot afford a beauty blender, the knock off ones on amazon or the sponges from realtechniques also work well! And for cleaning, baby shampoo also works wonders at cleaning brushes and sponges! beautyblender blendercleanser solid
Aaliyah M.
Long Beach, CA
I love this product! It blends in my foundation seamlessly even though I have combo flaky skin with breakouts. I love how it smooths down dry patches rather than emphasizing them. It gets much bigger when damp and yet does not absorb all of your makeup. This has the bounciest texture I have encountered in a blending sponge. It is not too firm but still durable enough to last. To all of the people experiencing tears, you have probably been digging your nails into it unconsciously. It is so squishy and easy to do as it is and much more so when you are focusing on getting an even blend. I wash mine with anti-bacterial dawn mixed with virgin coconut oil(to break down the foundation) and massage in until I see the foundation is gone and then rinse until no more bubbles come out. PLEASE DO NOT use face wash that contains salicylic acid or glycolic acid to wash it. These WILL break down your sponge. I like to dry mine laying sideways on the top of the container it comes in. If you lay it fat end down, like they instruct, moisture gets trapped and mold could potentially grow. Make sure to squeeze out all the water you can with a clean, dry towel first to speed drying time so that water does not sit for too long inside it. I find it cleans easiest right after I finish using it. The reason I took off a star is that $20 is pretty pricey for a sponge that needs replacing every 3 months. Also the dye bleeds whenever you wash it. And it could be maybe slightly less firm. But, overall, I love it!
P M.
Somerville, MA
Review for: Applicator, With Blendercleanser, Pink, Pink, The Beautyblender&Reg; Solid&Reg; more...
I was so excited to receive a bunch of these beautyblender original makeup sponge s for free in my VoxBox! I had been eyeing them after hearing so much about them so it was a pleasant surprise to get these in the mail considering they're so expensive. I followed all the directions (wetting the sponge, squeezing out the water, drying it) and then used it to apply foundation. However I felt like I was wasting a lot of product as the sponge was absorbing most of it! I seemed to get better coverage applying with my fingers as I was doing before. I didn't want to give up though so I tried it with concealer instead. I think it may be a little better with concealer, blush, or highlighter, but again I felt like I was wasting product. When I squeezed the sponge I saw a TON of product come out - all of which could have been on my face instead.... I feel like I'm better off using my fingers or brushes to distribute/blend my makeup. I really wanted to love this and I'm still wondering if I can put it to some other use... Maybe this is better for powders? My foundation, concealer and highlighter are all liquid so I think the sponge isn't the best for liquid makeup
Alyssa M.
Clarksville, TN
Review for: Pink more...
Pros: Because it's a reusable sponge, it should last you a few months, as long as you keep it clean and take care of it. No more amassing a million dirty, used sponges in your makeup bag (tell me I'm not the only one!).Cons: The tool isn't cheap. While it should last you awhile, at $20, it's probably the most expensive makeup sponge you'll buy. You also have to be vigilant about keeping it clean, which you should do after every use. Also, since it's best to use it damp, I have to admit its kind of a pain to wet and rinse it out before every use. Finding the perfect spot to keep it can be a challenge, too: You'll need to keep it somewhere where it's not going to get dirty and is open enough for it to air dryHow to use it: You can use the sponge damp or dry, though many people use it damp, which gives your makeup a beautiful, dewy finish. After you wet it and wring out the excess water, the sponge will double in size, becoming soft and springy. Following a quick-patting motion, you can use it to apply and blend your makeup.
Jéssica A.
Brentwood, TN
Review for: Pink, Applicator more...
I’m a professional makeup artist since 2016 and on my journey I have used a lot of sponges, and because of it I have no worry and I’m absolutely sure to say that this is one of the best sponges I have ever used! There is no product like this, may I say!
The texture of this sponge is really different then those others you will find in the market. The shape also make everything easier. With it you won’t see the heavy aspect on your skin.
I don’t squeeze it on the water, like the instructions usually tell you to do, I always spray some thermal water on my sponge and it makes easier to use and to give a better result of the product on my skin. I always pass the foundation and concealer with a brush and then I finalize with my beatyblender with bouncing and delicate motion to give a smoother and natural finish! beautyblender original makeup sponge
Liana L.
Montebello, CA
Review for: Applicator, Pink, Pink, The Beautyblender&Reg; Solid&Reg; more...
My first thought when I received the  beautyblender original makeup sponge Vox Box, I was like holy moly, this is really PINK! Let's just say I'm not a big fan of the color.

As someone who doesn't really use makeup that often, honestly because I don't really know how or take the time to learn, this was very very easy to use!

My daily look is to use concealer and foundation to cover up my acne scars and uneven skin tone. In the past I've used my hands to apply or if the product came with a brush. With the beauty blender, it made it SO much easier. It would apply the make up so flawlessly and cover all the areas I'd typically miss. I don't need to use my fingers or brushes anymore!! What I love most is that it doesn't make me look cakey and I don't have to use a lot of make up either. Love love love this product! Now I am more inclined to put on make up.
Stephannie K.
Fairfax, VA
Review for: Pink more...
I started out with dupes of the Beauty Blender, my favorite being the Real Techniques Beauty Sponge (the orange color one lol), because I couldn't justify spending $20.00 on a beauty sponge... but I finally caved and got one of these babies and now I can't look back. Yes, I will say there are good dupes out there and cheaper alternatives, but I don't think any of the dupes that I've tried blends as well as the real deal. Once it's wet with water (FYI you should always use the beautyblender damp!!!), it's SO soft and flexible and covers all angles of my face. I use this for literally almost everything face wise. I use it to blend my concealer, foundation, contour, and for translucent powder to set my face as well. If you want an even, nice, smooth blend this product is a MUST! I don't think I own any foundation brush that works as well as this beautyblender.
Katie H.
Placentia, CA
Is this worth buying? I normally just apply makeup with my fingers.
Erika C.
Clawson , MI
How long does one beauty blender last for? And how easy is it to clean?
Tiffany R.
Does this really live up to its hype? And worth the money?
Melinda W.
Grand Rapids, MI
Are the knock off ones just as good?
Jessica R.
London Ontario
Is this really worth the price? It’s $30 in Canada. Will it make my skin look completely airbrushed and flawless? Or should I just buy the best dupe?