BY BEAUTYBLENDER #3 in Makeup Sponges

beautyblender original makeup sponge applicator Beauty Shop by Category - Makeup (new) see more...

• Is this worth buying? I normally just apply makeup with my fingers.70 Answers
  • Is this really worth the price? It’s $30 in Canada. Will it ma...14 Answers
  • Is the beautyblender original makeup sponge worth getting, I've ...7 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Jen D.
Windsor Locks, CT
Every once in a while the beauty industry comes out with a product that can only be described as magical. I’m talking about products that are life changing and the BeautyBlender is one of them. Here are the reasons you need to throw out your foundation brushes and invest in one of these sponges!
WON'T ABSORB MAKEUP: Unlike other sponges, the BeautyBlender is designed to keep your makeup on the surface of the applicator. Your foundation will never penetrate through the top layer of the sponge, which means you won’t be wasting makeup with each application. You will end up getting more coverage, with less product – win/win.
IS USED WET: When using the BeautyBlender, you must first wet your sponge. Wetting the sponge allows the BeautyBlender to absorb water rather than your makeup. It will also help to give your face a glow, leaving you with a beautiful dewy and natural looking complexion.
AIRBRUSH FINISH: The BeautyBlender will eliminate lines and streaks that you’d otherwise see when using alternative methods of application. Makeup sits on surface of the sponge, which promotes smoother blending.
ALLOWS YOU TO LAYER: The BeautyBlender distributes the perfect amount of foundation on your skin with each application. Layer as many times as you wish, being sure to let the first layer dry before applying the next.
EGG SHAPE: You will be able to blend both large and small areas all with this one egg shaped tool. It’s the perfect size and shape for easy, effortless and (most importantly) seamless application of your foundation and concealer. Use the round side for all-over blending and the pointed side for smaller areas like under your eyes.
MULTIPLE USES: The BeautyBlender can be used to apply concealer, tinted moisturizer, bronzer, foundation, contour, cream eyeshadow and blush. If you’re really adventurous, you can even attempt to use the sponge to apply your powdered products (I have yet to try this myself!)
CLEANS EASILY: Since your product will not absorb deep into the sponge, it’s very easy to clean. BeautyBlender offers two different cleansers made exclusively for the sponge which do a phenomenal job cleansing. TIP: The BeautyBlender brand cleansers run on the pricey side. I’ve washed mine with plain Ivory soap and got the same results at a much cheaper price.
Sarah P.
Like most I thought wow 20$ for a sponge ??? And I I told myself that's crazy but it was just so hyped and I fell into it and decided to by myself one thinking "Oh this will just be another overpriced product" boy was I wrong this has become a staple to applying my makeup! I've had other cheaper sponges I've tried but the beauty blender takes 1st place. It's just so much softer and applied makeup so nicely I've had this for a little over 6months still working like a dream! When I tried other cheaper sponges pick the real techniques I mean it was good and fine but it doesn't feel as nice on your face and it didn't last as long as my beauty blender the real techniques sponge started ripping on me after a short time. The beauty blender is definitely a good investment because you'll be keeping it around for a while :) it just makes sense to spend money on high quality and have it for a long time rather then spending your money on something Chen that you'll have to keep repurchasing.
Elle W.
Sioux Falls, SD
The BeautyBlender is an absolute must-have! It may be $20 and seem a bit pricey but it is worth every penny. It applies foundations and many other products like a dream! This has totally changed the way I put on foundation. It applies it evenly and it is almost effortless!! Just wet the brush until it expands and squeeze out the excess water and it is ready to apply. It's not the best with super watery foundation like the Re-Marc able full coverage foundation but if you just add a tinted moisturizer/ thicker foundation it will work good. I will never use a brush ever again. The next time I buy it I think I'm going to buy the nude one just because the foundation I use stains it a tiny bit even after a wash but I am without a doubt going to repurchase this makeup sponge!

P.S. If you REALLY don't want to spend $20 on this (even though I personally recommend the splurge) buy the Real Techniques one. The shape is different and it has a lesser quality, but it is a good second option.
Hannah M.
Wilmington, OH
I always seem to have trouble blending my foundation and making it look not so "cakey" and could not seem to find a solution!!😬 I don't know why but I could literally but the tiniest drop of foundation on my face and it always look like I've got pounds of makeup on my face. I looked up some different brushes or techniques to us and I came across the beauty blender. I had seem some articles about the product before but was never really intrigued by it. So instead I looked for some cheap makeup sponges on Amazon for like $1. I thought they would be basically the same thing but I was definitely wrong. I eventually bought the beauty blender on Amazon and was excited to finally try it for myself. I purchased a set of 2 pink sponge with some of the cleaning stuff that came with it ( which is amazing by the way, I use it on all my brushes ). I instantly feel in love with the beauty blender. It makes my makeup look flawless💁🏻 I definitely recommend this product to everyone!!👌🏻
Brittany M.
Washington, GA
I was not living before I got my life together and purchased a authentic beauty blender. At first I thought the bb just had to be a gimmick. Nothing could be that amazing. And the price had me cringing and procrastinating on making the purchase. But I am so glad that I finally decided to buy it. I can honestly say it is worth every penny I spent on it. I will never go back to the cheap knock offs that tear apart in 4 uses.

The beauty blender really does apply your foundation flawlessly. I've had so many compliment since using the bb on how flawless and airbrushed my skin looks. It cuts down the applying time because it blends so well. Its edgeless design really does make your foundation perfect. It leaves no lines or patches.

And it lasts for a long time. Easy to wash and you don't have to worry about it tearing apart during every wash.

Everyone who has an interest in cosmetics NEEDS to own one of these.
Stephanie S.
Lagrange, KY
I really enjoy my Beauty Blender. For days I want to sheer out my header foundations, using this sponge damp really does the trick. This item is really popular for a reason, and it does a great job!

Here is where I have issue with the sponge to where I knocked a star off my review: every time I clean the sponge, it looses A LOT of that pink color to it. For some reason, this doesn't sit will with me. Is that color getting transferred onto my face and I'm not realizing it? Is the cleanser I use to clean my sponge (also by Beauty Blender) too harsh to clean my sponge with?

Eventually the sponge stops expelling pink color every time you clean it, but I feel like this is something that needs to be addressed somewhere on the packaging. Even from an aesthetic standpoint, a pale pink beauty blender isn't as cute or impressive looking as the brighter, hotter pink fresh out the package!
Mindy R.
Canton, OH
The original beauty blender tool completely changed my makeup game and I've been applying makeup for over 20 years! Who knew that a little pink, egg-shaped sponge could make such a difference? I was definitely skeptical for a long time and refused to spend $20 on a...sponge. I mean, really? Really! When I finally bit the bullet and purchased one, I was amazed. First of all, my foundation lasts me twice as long since the sponge provides so much coverage with very little product. Two pumps of foundation covers my entire face and neck. This sponge also gives a flawless, airbrushed finish that will have people swearing you've photoshopped your images. I have tried using dupes to see if I can save money but none have come close to the original. This is definitely my holy grail! I'd provide a pic but my blender is very lovingly abused and not exactly ready for her closeup.
Andrea H.
I absolutely love this sponge. At first i was very skeptical about purchasing because i thought it was way overpriced for a sponge but when i finally got the courage to purchase i did not regret it. This is one of the best makeup sponges. Trust me there are a ton of tempting dupes out there but nothing compares to the original beauty blender. It applys your makeup so seamlessly its almost hard to believe you have any makeup on, it comes with very simple instructions: all you do is wet the sponge, squeeze excess water and bounce the sponge onto your face to blend the products. I love using this for foundation, concealer, highlight and contour, and applying my setting powder. Its super easy to wash all you need is soap and water and it's completely reusable. If its time to invest in a good makeup applicator the beauty blender should be at the top of your list.
Maria V.
I am very into the makeup community. I read reviews, watch videos, and experiment with new products daily. I started off with the real techniques brand of this makeup sponge and liked it. I do love real techniques brushes but I could tell that I would prefer the beauty blender.

First thing you do is wet the sponge and then squeeze the water out, then dry a tiny bit with a towel. You end up with a semi damp sponge. At first, I thought the idea was gross but it makes foundation and concealer go on so smoothly and look airbrushed. I also use it to blend out a liquid contour and highlight. Afterwards I rinse the beauty blender out and leave it to dry. (I use the top of the container it came in as a little stand) They also make a cleaner by the same brand for cleaning your beauty blender. You can get on youtube and watch a tutorial.
Shannon F.
Sandown, NH
For those who haven't tried the beauty blender sponge yet.. I know what you're thinking. Why would I spend $20 on a small sponge. I thought the same thing but continued to hear such amazing things about them and finally caved and thank god I did! They are the perfect applicator for liquid foundation/concealer. I wet mine before use and squeeze it to ensure no water is left inside. You actually use less product when using beauty blenders because the makeup sits on top of the sponge rather than absorbing like it would on a brush. The pointed tip is perfect for hard to reachp places like under eyes and your hair line. They're super soft and leave skin looking air brushed yet natural. Cleaning them is the only annoying part as with all makeup tools/brushes but with proper care these last a while! Highly recommend.
Elizabeth M.
Cheektowaga, NY
Need your help, guys! Unfortunately, the BeautyBlender is a little out of my price range right now. I'm familiar with the Real Techniques sponge, but what are some other good dupes that are a little more affordable? What else do you use other than a BB?
Alyx B.
Does anyone know any good dupes that expand and are as soft as this? Got mine as a deal be don't want to pay for another
Danielle J.
Tolland, CT
Anyone have a sponge they like more then this one. I like the flower beauty sponge and real techniques one better. :)
Katie S.