BY BEAUTY PROTECTOR #1 in Detangling Treatments

We tend to gravitate toward products that have as many functions as Imelda Marcos has pairs of shoes. (Okay, that may be a slight exaggeration.) Beauty Protector's leave-in mist is about as versatile as they come. This paraben- and sulfate-free detangler seals the cuticles of each strand to smooth hair and moisturizes, which helps minimize frizz. It also provides protection against UV rays and heat, safeguards color, and adds shine. Happily, it accomplishes all this through a weightless, non

• This is not a drugstore product?2 Answers
  • Do you put this on your hair before surling are straiting...2 Answers
  • I'm obsessed with this product. However, I'm not obsessed...4 Answers
Angie G.
This has been on my Birchbox want list since I sampled the Beauty Protector Protect & Volume spray in January and I got super excited when I received a sample in this month's box! Just like the Protect & Volume spray, this product smells amazing! It's a gentle floral scent that lasts all day but isn't overbearing at all.

Just like the names says, this product works as a heat protector and detangler. It really helps my brush move through my hair without tugging, which is exactly what I needed for my long hair. I usually air dry my hair, but this Protect & Detangle spray leaves my hair feeling soft and healthy even on days that I end up blow drying.

This product is exclusive to Birchbox and an 8 oz bottle can be purchased for $23.50. I did really enjoy my sample, but because my hair is long, I need to use a lot of product so the full size won't last me very long and at that price, I won't be repurchasing. For those who can afford this, I do highly recommend this product.
Allison M.
Ayer
I received this product as a trial and glad that i didn't pay msrp. My hair is long, thick, and a combination of curly/wavy and never heat styled. This product unfortunately did nothing to my hair and I'm disappointed because i really wanted to like this product. I'm always looking for new leave in treatments for my hair and was excited to try this detangler. I sprayed into damp hair and worked through...it did nothing. I sprayed allot more product hoping to get some results and again...nothing. Maybe my hair is unusually unmanageable but this was like dousing my head in perfume water. I did give two stars because it smells freaking intoxicating but i won't be buying this product.
Lindsay G.
This is hands down my favorite product, maybe ever.  It smells so good. It is literally my favorite smell on the planet.  It works perfect as a de-tangler, or to use before you straighten or curl your hair.  I don't even use a conditioner when I wash my hair anymore, I just use a shampoo, and then I use this to de-tangle after the shower.  I hope they never stop making this because I will never stop buying it.  I even have a perfect travel size one to take with me when I go places.  It lasts a while, but you need to order it early because it sells out all the time on Birchbox, so you have to wait for them to restock it. So don't wait until you are all out to order it!
Jamie H.
Indianapolis, IN
I cannot express enough, how amazing this stuff is.  My hair is long and sometimes when I switch up shampoo/conditioners, my hair is tangled mess.  I received a small sample of this in my Birch Box and quickly became addicted.  This stuff is extremely hard to find in stock, so when you find it, you better buy it up.  I ended up getting a full sized bottle from Birch Box just to keep on hand.
A few squirts onto problem area and your hair is easily brushable.  The scent isn't over powering either.  I am absolutely IN LOVE WITH THIS STUFF.  Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle
Maddie W.
Milwaukee, WI
This is a staple in my hair care routine. I initially received it as a sample size in a Birchbox. However, I loved it so much I ordered it online in full size as soon as my sample size was starting to feel empty. I love it because it works amazing as a detangler. I spray it on my wet hair after a shower and it makes combing my thick hair a breeze! I also like that it doesn’t feel greasy like other leave in conditioners I’ve tried. And a special bonus is the scent. It reminds me of caramel apples and whenever I use it, I always get compliments on how wonderful my hair smells! Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle
Megan G.
I LOVE this!! My hair is wavy and baby fine. It's also highlighted. I put about 4 sprays on my hair after I wash and condition it. Normally I have a bit of tangling, but nothing catastrophic. This detangler is awesome. I am easily able to comb through my hair. But my favorite thing about it isn't how well it detangles. It's the SMELL. It is a little perfumey, a nice light scent, and I LOVE it. I am all about the smell of my products. And the next day, that smell is still in there and my hair smells AMAZING.
Ronie k.
Aurora, CO
I love this product!! It absolutely changed my hair routine. First of all is smells so good. Then it works wonders in detangling hair. This past month I've noticed my hair gets really tangled and difficult to brush out after a shower (could be because of the weather or the change if shampoo) whatever the reason it got to the point that conditioner was not working too well and just making my hair look greasy when it dried. This stuff worked its magic and after a few sprays I was brushing out my hair with no problem. I then blowdried it and it didn't get puffy up (my hair gets a lot of volume after I dry it) it was easy to brush through, It was super soft and easy to style and looked great just brushed out. To top things off the product provides you uv protection and thermal protection. It has so many other great uses but it really packs in the benefits and now I cannot imagine my life without it.
Kaitlyn B.
Burlington
I received this in a Birchbox and so far it’s the best product they’ve sent! It has a sweeter smell like vanilla cake - soooo good. I love that it doubles as a detangler and heat protectant because I don’t commit a lot of time to my hair and can’t be bothered with too many products. The mist on the bottle is really fine and a little goes a long way. My hair can be SO tangly and difficult to comb out and this product makes it so breezy. I’ll be purchasing a full size ASAP!
Phoebe M.
Having received a trial size bottle in my January 2018 Birchbox, I purchased the full size bottle last week.

This leave in spray is an excellent product to use on hair that’s a bit more difficult to comb- for me that’s when I do a shampoo-only wash. Thanks to years of dying and over styling, my hair is not manageable after just a shampoo wash, and I’ve relied on detangling sprays for decades.

If you’re looking for a step up from Aussies leave in conditioner, this is for you. It gently conditions, leaving my hair manageable, shiny and healthy.

For best results, use on towel dried hair, and work through mid length and ends with a wide toothed comb before styling as usual.
Megan M.
This not only works extremely well but it also smells extremely delicious! I have bleached and very damaged hair and this product glides right through any knots or tangled areas and really saves my hair from a lot of hurt. It also smells like a vanilla dream and lasts a while. The only thing that I don’t love is that the formula is thick and creamy so sometimes the spray bottle applicator has a little trouble and gets messy.
Ayten Öykü A.
Wadsworth, OH
Does it really de tangle very thick hair?
Melissa C.
Where can I buy this at.
Megan J.
San Francisco, CA
Hello, I was wondering if this product has a strong, lingering scent? I am looking for a new detangler, but am turned off my strong scents. Thanks!
Holly N.
Little Rock, AR
Have you got this in your Birchbox?
Melissa C.
Is this product good for people with colored hair!