BY BEAUTY PROTECTOR #6 in Detangling Treatments

We tend to gravitate toward products that have as many functions as Imelda Marcos has pairs of shoes. (Okay, that may be a slight exaggeration.) Beauty Protector's leave-in mist is about as versatile as they come. This paraben- and sulfate-free detangler seals the cuticles of each strand to smooth hair and moisturizes, which helps minimize frizz. It also provides protection against UV rays and heat, safeguards color, and adds shine. Happily, it accomplishes all this through a weightless, non

• I'm obsessed with this product. However, I'm not obsessed with th...4 Answers
  • Have you got this in your Birchbox?8 Answers
  • Is this product good to detangle dry hair? Can it be used daily? ...6 Answers
lindsey s.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I got this (as well as the shampoo and conditioner) in a Birchbox. I later purchased the full-size, but since then I have stopped using it. In my opinion, it is overpriced for what it does—yes, it detangles and protects from heat, but I have used drugstore detanglers and heat protectants that work just as well. I would choose Suave Kids Soft & Smooth Detangler Twirlin Swirlberry or CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray. It does the job and smells nice if you use it in combination with the matching shampoo and conditioner but i would not repurchase this.
Kamish L.
Aurora, IL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received this in my Birchbox a while back and this stuff is amazing. I can never find it in stores so I’m assuming it’s just an online product, but I’m too lazy to go look for it. When I wear my hair curly it tends to tangle near the roots but when I used this and combed out the tangles I remained tangle free for the majority of the day. Also when I play to straighten my hair I would put this product in my hair while it was wet, blow dry it then add more after I combed it and blow dried it so that I could see how it worked as a heat protectant. I feel like it works really well. I highly recommend if you are looking for a 2 and 1 product like this!
Deanna K.
Bellmawr, NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received this in my birchbox a while ago and loved this. I used the entire bottle up. I noticed it's quite expensive and you have to buy it online (I think?). My rating is based on how great the product worked. My hair is bleached and down to the middle of my back and this stuff did the job. I just don't think I'd be willing to pay the price + shipping to order online. I can settle for another detangler.
Rachel M.
Granada Hills, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received a deluxe sample of this detangler in my July Birchbox and didn’t really start using it until August. My only disappointment is that I didn’t try it earlier! My hair has always given me a difficult time– I have naturally thick, frizzy, and wavy hair, not to mention I’ve dyed it numerous times for the past 10 years. I struggled with finding a perfect leave-in spray/cream that would tame my lion’s mane without making it too heavy or left with little results. But this completely changed the game for me! Not only does it smell divine, but it really does get the job done. When I’m done washing my hair, I just towel dry my hair and spray this on. It makes my hair silky smooth without weighing it down. I will definitely be purchasing a full size of this when I run out.
Lori D.
Hoffman Est, IL
Beauty Junkie Expert
Received this as a sample in my Birchbox and it's a great detangler but it's just not for me. I have baby fine hair and need something for volume, this weighed down my hair so much that it was limp and clung to my head no matter what I did. It had an amazing smell that I really loved and made my hair smell yummy according to my boyfriend. It also softened my hair nicely, I just wish that it didn't weigh down my hair so much. I actually gave it to a friend who has much thicker hair & she loves it. I would definitely recommend this one to those who have medium to thick hair but if you're fine haired, it's not a good idea for you...
Andrea P.
Columbus
Beauty Junkie Expert
This product is somewhat of a cult classic and for good reason. It's amazing at detangling hair. The only thing I don't like is the smell. Everyone else seems to love the smell, but I don't. It smells like a mix of vanilla and marshmallow. Not my favorite. But it's still a great product.
Heather P.
Madison, CT
Beauty Junkie Expert
This product is AMAZING! I received a sample size of this in a Birchbox a few months ago, and I am in love! This product detangles, hydrates, protects from heat, can be used as a leave-in conditioner and adds shine tomy hair without making it look greasy. It detangles my hair so fast, and I use it as a heat protector spray after letting my hair air dry for a bit, just before blow drying. This makes my hair smell heavenly and it lasts for awhile. This also makes my hair so soft and frizz free. I'm definitely repurchasing this when I finish my sample size!
Christina G.
Altoona, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is my #giftcrush!!! I absolutely love this product. It smells good enough to eat and leaves my hair soft and manageable. It’s a bit expensive but it’s worth every penny. I would recommend to anyone!
Madison Y.
Rochester, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this. I ordered this from the Birchbox store and use it constantly. It detangles my hair great (note that my hair gets tangled very easily) and I love the smell of it, and the nice scent lasts a while so I can smell it through out the day
McKinlea B.
Topeka, KS
Beauty Junkie Expert
I got this stuff in my birch box and let me tell you, IT SMELLS SO AMAZING. I was genuinely sad when my small sample ran out because not only does it give you the results it promises, but it smells so so good even once you're done drying and styling your hair. This product makes the step of protecting your hair super easy and desirable! You will never miss the vital step of protecting your hair with this product because you will WANT to spray this in your hair because it smells THAT good.
Ayten Öykü A.
Wadsworth, OH
Does it really de tangle very thick hair?
Melissa C.
Where can I buy this at.
Megan J.
San Francisco, CA
Hello, I was wondering if this product has a strong, lingering scent? I am looking for a new detangler, but am turned off my strong scents. Thanks!
Holly N.
Little Rock, AR
Have you got this in your Birchbox?
Melissa C.
Is this product good for people with colored hair!