BY BEAUTY PROTECTOR #6 in Detangling Treatments

We tend to gravitate toward products that have as many functions as Imelda Marcos has pairs of shoes. (Okay, that may be a slight exaggeration.) Beauty Protector's leave-in mist is about as versatile as they come. This paraben- and sulfate-free detangler seals the cuticles of each strand to smooth hair and moisturizes, which helps minimize frizz. It also provides protection against UV rays and heat, safeguards color, and adds shine. Happily, it accomplishes all this through a weightless, non

• I'm obsessed with this product. However, I'm not obsessed with th...4 Answers
  • Have you got this in your Birchbox?8 Answers
  • Is this product good to detangle dry hair? Can it be used daily? ...6 Answers
Phoebe M.
Batavia , OH
Having received a trial size bottle in my January 2018 Birchbox, I purchased the full size bottle last week.

This leave in spray is an excellent product to use on hair that’s a bit more difficult to comb- for me that’s when I do a shampoo-only wash. Thanks to years of dying and over styling, my hair is not manageable after just a shampoo wash, and I’ve relied on detangling sprays for decades.

If you’re looking for a step up from Aussies leave in conditioner, this is for you. It gently conditions, leaving my hair manageable, shiny and healthy.

For best results, use on towel dried hair, and work through mid length and ends with a wide toothed comb before styling as usual.
lindsey s.
I got this (as well as the shampoo and conditioner) in a Birchbox. I later purchased the full-size, but since then I have stopped using it. In my opinion, it is overpriced for what it does—yes, it detangles and protects from heat, but I have used drugstore detanglers and heat protectants that work just as well. I would choose Suave Kids Soft & Smooth Detangler Twirlin Swirlberry or CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray. It does the job and smells nice if you use it in combination with the matching shampoo and conditioner but i would not repurchase this.
Refa (.
I love this product, I sampled it in a Birchbox subscription of mine and I loved it. It’s got a nice smell and it does the job without leaving residue in your hair. I will say it’s a bit pricey considering there are a lot of drugstore alternatives but this always is a dream to use for me. I have long silky hair so my hair gets tangled easily especially in the winter time when I have scarves wrapped around my neck but spraying this after I wash my hair makes it so much easier to comb through my hair without feeling like I’m yanking it all off.
Ashleigh L.
This product is currently my FAVORITE haircare product. It is a leave in conditioner that not only protects from heat but it also detangles hair. It smells amazing - almost like a vanilla hand lotion. On the back of the bottle - it also lists a bunch of other benefits- that's right - MORE BENEFITS! I'm in denial that my bottle is almost empty... someone send me some 😂
Sheila M.
Irvine, KY
[product:beauty-protector-protect-&-detangle] I received this in a subscription box and I like it. I have fine thin and damaged hair so I need something to not only help detangle my hair but not be heavy or make my hair greasy. This does just that. My hair is naturally wavy so I like to use it when I blow dry my hair to keep it from frizzing up
Brianna V.
Milton, FL
LOVE this. It definitely detangles as it promises, I have a lot of fine hair that tends to tangle easily, especially when wet. This makes hair feel so soft and I love that it protects my hair when I blow dry. The smell is strong but I really like it, it smells like pink sugar perfume which I’ve heard a few people say. I originally received it in my Birchbox and just got their volume protector and am in love with that as well!
Becca C.
Newington, CT
I first tested this product through Birchbox and fell in love!!! This spray has so many qualities that make it great. It’s hydrating, works as a great heat protectant before using any hot tools, also is a phenomenal detangling spray and with my thick long curls, let me tell you, those are hard to come by for these locks!!! Highly recommended! Did I mention it also makes your hair smell great? Always a plus!
Deanna K.
Bellmawr, NJ
I received this in my birchbox a while ago and loved this. I used the entire bottle up. I noticed it's quite expensive and you have to buy it online (I think?). My rating is based on how great the product worked. My hair is bleached and down to the middle of my back and this stuff did the job. I just don't think I'd be willing to pay the price + shipping to order online. I can settle for another detangler.
Rachel M.
Granada Hills, CA
I received a deluxe sample of this detangler in my July Birchbox and didn’t really start using it until August. My only disappointment is that I didn’t try it earlier! My hair has always given me a difficult time– I have naturally thick, frizzy, and wavy hair, not to mention I’ve dyed it numerous times for the past 10 years. I struggled with finding a perfect leave-in spray/cream that would tame my lion’s mane without making it too heavy or left with little results. But this completely changed the game for me! Not only does it smell divine, but it really does get the job done. When I’m done washing my hair, I just towel dry my hair and spray this on. It makes my hair silky smooth without weighing it down. I will definitely be purchasing a full size of this when I run out.
Rasa D.
I received a sample of this hair detangler in the mail at first I wasn't too thrilled to try it because I am very skeptical about trying new products in my hair but I finally did and I like it not love it but like it it detangler very good I do not really like the smell of it. I would recommend this to other women like me that has curly hair
Ayten Öykü A.
Wadsworth, OH
Does it really de tangle very thick hair?
Melissa C.
Where can I buy this at.
Megan J.
San Francisco, CA
Hello, I was wondering if this product has a strong, lingering scent? I am looking for a new detangler, but am turned off my strong scents. Thanks!
Holly N.
Little Rock, AR
Have you got this in your Birchbox?
Melissa C.
Is this product good for people with colored hair!