BY BAXTER OF CALIFORNIA

The pomade mixer kit has four travel-friendly versions of our most popular hair pomades. If you've ever been curious about trying out different mixes of hair products, here's your chance to try four of ours and mix-and-match to get your desired look. You may just become a pomade cocktailing master. Kit includes 15 ml sizes of: clay pomade (firm hold/matte finish)hard water pomade (firm hold/shine finish)cream pomade (light hold/natural finish)hard cream pomade (firm hold/natural finish).

Buy on Beauty ...*
Jock G.
Baxters has replaced Redken and American Crew as my new favorite hair products.
I've tried the Hard and Soft water pomades before and like the Hard Water the best.

So this is a nice little sampler pack to get an idea of how you like the Baxter stuff and which one works best for you.

I have fine mid length hair.

The clay is awesome, it has a kind of herbal pine foresty smell but it's faint and doesn't over power. It doesn't really go on dry, you need to warm it up in your palms and add a drop or two of water. Once on it's a nice matte finish and really good hold without looking like glossy hair glue.
It doesn't wash out as easily as the Hard Water Pomade but it comes out pretty quick with a bit of shampoo but might leave a bit of residue unless you get the specialized shampoos for removing hair products.

The Cream Pomade can go in dry and still has a decent hold but for my hair I need too much. This would be perfect for a short messy hair look. The smell is really faint and is more like a citrus lotion than anything else. Washes out easy with a quick shampoo.

The Hard Cream Pomade is a bit more fragrant but still pretty light, smells citrus and a tiny bit floral but barely. Its a nice scent. It goes on dry once you warm it up in your palms and holds really well. Washes out with shampoo
Both of the cremes leave your hair looking naturally shiny, kind of like a sheen, but not greasy or glossy.

Hard Water Pomade, this is my favorite.. It does leave a bit more of a shine but I love the hold and how easily it washes out. Seriously after a night of partying I can just run my head under the shower or tub faucet and it washes right out.
Courtney T.
Tulsa, OK
Got my boyfriend this for Christmas, and he loved it! He was able to decide which ones he liked the most, and mix a few to get his hair to do exactly what it needed. He’s out now, and he’s deciding on which ones to order if he doesn’t decide on this again
Robert G.
Menlo Park, CA
This is great because Baxter makes such great pomades. But, not all pomades work for everyone. That's why it's nice to be able to try out each one to figure out which one works the best for you. Then you can buy the full size. The size of each of these is also enough to be used a couple times to really get a feel of which full size to purchase.
Steve J.
Anaheim, CA
i am always looking fro good pomade for my hair. but i found most of them are either too rich or too light, also i found is hard to rise off lol
I love this kit as I can use different one for different styles.
this kit is perfect for anyone still researching the best pomade !!
James L.
I bought this when I wanted to sample the products and mix and match what would be best for my hair type. They come in small travel size containers, with four different types of pomade. Ranging from light hold to strong hold, high shine to matte finish. It was great being able to sample a few of their hair products. I fell in love with the clay pomade and ended up buying the full sized container. If you're unsure about which hair product to get this is a good sample size to test out what works best for you. It's about 28 bucks I think for the samples, a little pricey for the quantity you get but worth it in the long run so you don't spend 20 bucks on their regular sized products.
Devon P.
Washington, DC
Cool sampler. I've only used two, the hard water and the hard cream. They work pretty good on African American hair. I'm going to try the cream and clay over the next few weeks. I'm a big fan of the hard water though, so it'll be hard to move on.
Troy H.
*Disclaimer*: I received these products complimentary for testing purposes, but all my opinions are honest and my own.

These 4 handy traveling hair styling gels are perfect for the guys who style their hair. However, as for myself, I have short hair that I do not style so I cannot comment on how effective these work.
Jock G.
Do you have issue with trying to mix from different bottles before getting it done? too much effort?
Nick S.
San Francisco, CA
What pomade do people like the best and what is the best way to use the different ones? I don't know too much about hair products and feel like I really should get into them.